Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC on tv?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Is this viewable online anywhere? Will it be on the archive on the RTE site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

donno maybe pokertube in a few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

pgodkin wrote: »
    she comes across as sound enough young one! i think she's one of the better presenters on RTE, could u imgiane Gerry Ryan doin this???

jaysus man thats a bad image..gerry ryan that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

ferdyfish wrote: »
    shes mint man. easy 8 out of ten . i give her 9.5 though!! whos better than her in rte. the rest of them are mogs:eek: cans before pub watching winning streak and id have d horn on. lauras a fox

WTF??? All the following RTE people are way way better looking than her

Seioge sisters (on their own or together)
    Kathryn Thomas
    Sheena Keane
    Sharon Ni Bheolian (spelling?)
    Sonya Lennon
    Lucy Kennedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Lao Lao wrote: »
    WTF??? All the following RTE people are way way better looking than her

Seioge sisters (on their own or together)
    Kathryn Thomas
    Sheena Keane
    Sharon Ni Bheolian (spelling?)
    Sonya Lennon
    Lucy Kennedy

Dude,

Get sky you know way to many RTE Presenters!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Is Sheena Keane that one from the Afternoon Show?
    Anyway Laura Woods ahead of her, Lucy Kennedy, Kathryn Thomas and Sharon for me. Maybe on par with oul Grainne, with Sile on top(something about her). Don't know the other you listed. Of course it's all a matter of personal preference, but Laura is getting way too much flack.

Edit: Just googled Sonya Lennon, also ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Come on lads lets not descend this thread to whos the hottes RTE presenter, This thread is about the IPC and some Guys balls! wait that sounds a little gay,:eek: so Kathryn Thomas
    is easy on eye!:o

i have to say why doesnt the irish production of poker look as slick as the americans????? it just looks so home video type stuff

ps those tables with the glass in them really really sucks!!!

ah the tables with glass are class i think. way better than the players having to bend the cards at a camera in the rim of table. they had the glass on poker after dark and was really good.

"Dude,
    Get sky you know way to many RTE Presenters! END QUOTE true true

oh ya they prob delete a poll thread on hottest rte presenter wouldnt they off the poker section!?? sharon ni bhoelain is hot ya i forgot her. but laura is close second, lucy has a big hairy richard imo. must google sonya n sheena who are they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=277

okay back to ipc show. that polish boxer chick. man she is the biggest fish ever. saw her on some other show before with devilfish at the table. she is terrible. also the polish chap at feature table he came to cork festival with his son as a warm up i guess, was playing him in cash there. he made a few bluffs at stupid times on the show. he's cash game is probabily good though from what i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

the way devil fish is progressing, from undertaker / international diamond trader like he was on late night poker back in the day, to a bona fide member of East 17 now, I reckon he'll be fully sex changed and doable by this time next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mr Mondo

a147pro wrote: »
    the way devil fish is progressing, from undertaker / international diamond trader like he was on late night poker back in the day, to a bona fide member of East 17 now, I reckon he'll be fully sex changed and doable by this time next year

Ha Ha!!! That hairdo is a disgrace alright. Its like a Bobby Charlton whipover gone wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

IPC on RTE first show
    sh**e set
    sh**e 'selection' for feature table
    sh**e interviews (basically bunch of no namers/wawas looking to make a name for themselves)
    sh**e poker
    sh**e action
    sh**e bluffs
    sh**e folds
    sh**e co commentator
    sh**e presenter
    and a TD who was really sh**en himself....

Can't wait for next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

cool besides that though, yeah? :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

obviously a big rte fan

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

nando9 wrote: »
    IPC on RTE first show
    sh**e set
    sh**e 'selection' for feature table
    sh**e interviews (basically bunch of no namers/wawas looking to make a name for themselves)
    sh**e poker
    sh**e action
    sh**e bluffs
    sh**e folds
    sh**e co commentator
    sh**e presenter
    and a TD who was really sh**en himself....

Can't wait for next week!!

I'm curious as to what methods they used to force you to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Too much intro stuff ie boxing,funny shoes,women who play poker in bed etc. we wont identify with them, they should just cut it out and show poker,

Also whats the point of the quick rundown on what hand beats what?

1) If you dont know that much already youre not going to learn it here

2)Even if you did you wont enjoy the show without a basic understanding
    of how to play

So ..more poker less bs please.............

otherwise good show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Hmm, maybe it just might be in our interest to attract new players to poker instead of just entertaining us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Drakar wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe it just might be in our interest to attract new players to poker instead of just entertaining us?

Thats just it though, telling them " a flush is any five cards of the same suit" or "3 of a kind beats two pair" ............. and then going straight
    on to show Morrows float/river bluff wont get you new players...its for one group or the other , cant do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I do think it veered too much towards travelogue than Poker programme this year. A lot of padding.

A suggestion for next year Karl might be to do this:

Instead of filming the pros at the early stage of the tournament have maybe three televised invitational only SnGs as part of the festival. Film them the day before the ME. Make them 1K winner take all. That way the celebs will get their faces on TV. The action will be more interesting. And when it comes to the main event there has been a build to it and the table draws can be more random than they were.

Suggest it to Ian - See what he thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I thought it was very good, the set and tv table were deadly, the production has improved from last year and was better then whats been done thus far for Irish television. All in all I thought it was a good show and I'm looking forward to the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

destroyer wrote: »
    Thats just it though, telling them " a flush is any five cards of the same suit" or "3 of a kind beats two pair" ............. and then going straight
    on to show Morrows float/river bluff wont get you new players...its for one group or the other , cant do both.

Diceman played that hand terribly, I would have called him down in about 1/5 of a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

any sign of this going on youtube/pokertube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DPL

There was a link to the RTE site where it was earlier in the week. The full show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

apart from the naff set and the diddley diddley music thing, and Jesse May, its quite good.

does anyone else really dislike Jesse May's commentary? I miss Padraig too, hope he's in there later if he gets knocked out.

ya not too gone on jesse may these days. the irish chap on the 2007 epts was a funny fecker winding up duthie every minute but having said that he knew nothing about poker stategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I thought it was very good, the set and tv table were deadly, the production has improved from last year and was better then whats been done thus far for Irish television. All in all I thought it was a good show and I'm looking forward to the rest of it

yeah i have to agree here, it wil do a good job of getting new players interested in poker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

a147pro wrote: »
    apart from the naff set and the diddley diddley music thing, and Jesse May, its quite good.

does anyone else really dislike Jesse May's commentary? I miss Padraig too, hope he's in there later if he gets knocked out.

i think ya have to like Jesse's commentary, he gets so over excited its funny

Advertisement