Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Ohhhh....shudda heard him this morning.
    It being PANCAKE TUESDAY he got a load of different flavour pancakes into the studio and proceeded to GORGE on them.:eek:
    There was nobody in there with him but he obviously enjoyed the whole experience as he treated us to some absolutely DELIGHTFUL noises and drippingly breathless slobbering.
    This is quality radio at its BEST!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Ohhhh....shudda heard him this morning.
    It being PANCAKE TUESDAY he got a load of different flavour pancakes into the studio and proceeded to GORGE on them.:eek:
    There was nobody in there with him but he obviously enjoyed the whole experience as he treated us to some absolutely DELIGHTFUL noises and drippingly breathless slobbering.

Oh God I think I'm having a flashback to that time when I accidentaly watched 'Ryan Confidential'.

Repress dammit, repress...

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Look on the bright side. All that sugar, fat and cholesterol. Can't be long now.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bobbysgirl

Pardon me for living in a cave, but the last I heard was that Gerry had split with the beloved misssus and was living in a hotel in D4. Whats this about a new woman and whats the lowdown on the breakup and new relationship/s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

bobbysgirl wrote: »
    Pardon me for living in a cave, but the last I heard was that Gerry had split with the beloved misssus and was living in a hotel in D4. Whats this about a new woman and whats the lowdown on the breakup and new relationship/s?
    Taken from his Wikipedia article:
    However, Ryan was less outspoken on being linked with former South African ambassador, Melanie Verwoerd. Despite numerous newspapers covering the story on their front pages the day after the Sunday newspapers had broken it, the broadcaster was coy in his reporting of that morning's headlines. There were two references to himself but otherwise he covered the secondary stories. “I'm in a lot of the newspapers this morning. Modesty forbids me from commenting”, and later: “Plenty of G Ryan across The Star this morning . . . if you're interested”. On 21 November 2008, in a connection to his earlier comments, he was heard to remark whilst browsing over The Daily Mail: "There's me. Although you've probably had enough of me."

• Advertisement

“I'm in a lot of the newspapers this morning. Modesty forbids me from commenting”, and later: “Plenty of G Ryan across The Star this morning . . . if you're interested”. "There's me. Although you've probably had enough of me."

The ironing is delicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CallieO

LMAO

Oh come on
    The guy has charisma and a voice made and to be fair crafted over the years - for radio.

He has a very neat defined demographic - (thats good Gerry!) so whats the competition?
    I listened to NewsTalk because I was told there was a Twitter social networking focus. I have never heard such coverage since I was in hospital...

Naive and appalling research

If the journos sit back this way...hell the media will die

TBH I used to think his show was OK.
    He was what he was, a middle class guy who wasn't ashamed of it
    and wasn't trying to be 'man of the people'.

In recent times though his smug, self-congragulatory manner has become too much.
    As other posters have said, we're not impressed and nobody wants to hear about how Gerry "stopped off in Buswells for a single-male on me way home from work, as you do" and how he was about to leave only "sure didn't Mandela, Clinton and Bono force me to go out on the lash with them".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Can we keep the discussion to his show, rather than his personal life please. This is not the Showbiz forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

"stopped off in Buswells for a single-male on me way home from work, as you do".

Eh!!! Better places than Buswells to go for that.....

• Advertisement

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Eh!!! Better places than Buswells to go for that.....

I'm sure there is Gerry, I'm sure there is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

any further posts that don't directly relate to the Gerry Ryan RADIO show will be deleted, and the users banned for 1 week per post. You can't say you weren't warned (twice).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is there a specific forum for talking about him rather than his radio show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

i think he does a good job on his radio programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I used to like it - now I can't bear it. But I accept he has over 300,000 listeners, the vast majority of whom don't know this forum exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CallieO

Aw c'mon - you have a business - ring in email and try and get massive publicity???

Although I did try emailing in when he was on about the housing market and how to market a property for sale

snip

snip

CallieO wrote: »
    Aw c'mon - you have a business - ring in email and try and get massive publicity???

Although I did try emailing in when he was on about the housing market and how to market a property for sale

snip

snip

banned for seven days for pimping your pdf. If you post the details in radio again, you'll be banned permanently. You are free to take this to helpdesk or feedback if you wish, and you have my permission to publish any pms sent by me in relation to this.

have a nice day.

must be due a flu soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

He really topped himself today. He had Harry Crosbie on today, bigging up the 02 arena. Talk about free publicity for his mates!!!
    And then he had Evelyn on from Jim Langan's, goading people into breaking into the store!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

He really topped himself today. He had Harry Crosbie on today, bigging up the 02 arena. Talk about free publicity for his mates!!!
    And then he had Evelyn on from Jim Langan's, goading people into breaking into the store!!

That was hilarious! "The door's about to go Gerry!!!" I was so disappointed they had to cut it because it was nearly midday!

I've begun seething listening to him going on about the dreaded R word. He went on about the emergency budget with George Lee this morning for aaaaaages, yet he's still refusing to budge on the 10% pay cut as far as I know?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought that was avery good piece with George Christopher Lee. He got a belly laugh out of him. But it was good clear interviewing, I thought.

yet he's still refusing to budge on the 10% pay cut as far as I know?

RTE have today announced proposed pay cuts for all of its 2300 employees and has refused to rule out redundancies. Gerry Ryans in an interview with the Herald last week stood by his "bull****" statement regarding any such cut in his own wages.

He was practically named and shamed on the radio 1 news. Not even Gerry can withstand this. Or can he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

If he want take the pay cut he should be given the push.
    Switched over briefly this morning to hear him drooling over food....again.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Switched over briefly this morning to hear him drooling over food....again.

what? our gerry, drooling over food????? youre kidding right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

This parasite has to have his salary cut ASAP. If he was working in uk on a regional station with a market the size of Ireland he would be on no more than 150k. Top presenters on bbc2 get 600-800k sterling and thats for an huge audiences 20-30 times greater than 2fm gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

deadhead13 wrote: »
    RTE have today announced proposed pay cuts for all of its 2300 employees and has refused to rule out redundancies. Gerry Ryans in an interview with the Herald last week stood by his "bull****" statement regarding any such cut in his own wages.

He was practically named and shamed on the radio 1 news. Not even Gerry can withstand this. Or can he?

Yeah I was listening to that. It will be interesting to hear what he says about it while going through the papers in the morning!

RTE management accuses Gerry Ryan of "acting the maggot"

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0307/1224242447555.html

Whose going to blink first?......this could get very messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

do people still listen to this goon in the mornings??

• Advertisement

poindexter wrote: »
    do people still listen to this goon in the mornings??

just a few hundred thousand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement