Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Once, in a fit of generosity, the food in the canteen was free all day. I got my usual Saturday morning fry, but one animal went to town on it. He absolutely piled the food onto his plate - it was like a mini pyramid. Must have been 20 sausages, loads of bacon, a few eggs, pudding, hash browns, etc. The greedy bastard ate it all too....

.....and felt sick for the rest of the day :D

That's not stingy. If he was entitled to a free breakfast, why couldn't he take as much as he could eat.

At least he isn't like some people at some buffet's who simply take way too much, don't eat it, and it's just left there uneaten and wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

double GG wrote: »
    That's not stingy. If he was entitled to a free breakfast, why couldn't he take as much as he could eat.

At least he isn't like some people at some buffet's who simply take way too much, don't eat it, and it's just left there uneaten and wasted.

It may not be stingy but its certainly taking advantage of another persons generosity. I'd call it being starved.

If there is a free meal on offer then by all mean eat your fill but this guy ate what can only be descibed as the breakfast of a pig. I hate this mentaility that if there is free food or drink available people gather their food in there arms and eat it desperately and go back for more. Or if there a free bar open they will get doubles and down them before repeating the process until the offer ends.

This food and drink are available to everyone and its is a horrible thing to try and take as much of it just for youself and taking more than you need. Its a horrible trait in a person and everyone notices it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Someone trying to re use a hardened tube of superglue :p

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056201376

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

It may not be stingy but its certainly taking advantage of another persons generosity. I'd call it being starved.

If there is a free meal on offer then by all mean eat your fill but this guy ate what can only be descibed as the breakfast of a pig. I hate this mentaility that if there is free food or drink available people gather their food in there arms and eat it desperately and go back for more. Or if there a free bar open they will get doubles and down them before repeating the process until the offer ends.

This food and drink are available to everyone and its is a horrible thing to try and take as much of it just for youself and taking more than you need. Its a horrible trait in a person and everyone notices it.

every irish person would do this:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

the stingiest person ever is my boss, his business is booming
    1. Will never buy cigs always bums off us
    2. has a co worker collect his home rubbish
    3. will only get his hair cut at barbers with special 5 euro rates
    4. Buys the 2.99 specials for lunch across the way
    5. when the daily cheques arrive he always says " is that it "
    6. lets us pay for our own parties/day out..
    Just stingy in every way :mad:

Thats how he owns his own business!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

One of my pals is shocking mean, one time we were on a stag and obviously we all shared rooms so one of the nights he scored and went back to hers. The next morning he was looking for half the price of the room back off the lad he was sharing with because he did not stay there.

He constantly tries to miss his round, I called him on it a few nights when one lad was about to start the second round and he got thick with me, he did it again about three weeks later and all the lads were keeping an eye.

We all went over to London to visit a friend and he had left a packet of smints in our friends house. The next time our friend was coming home the tight fella texted him to bring the smints back so our mate brought them, finished them on the plane and handed the tightwad the empty box back :P

The worst was we were in the local and he tried duck a round so I called the lounge girl and when she came over I told him it was his shout, he then ordered the round and mid sentence he got up and went to the toilet passing the loung girl on the way back!! So he came back to the table after she had gone and one of the lads had paid her, next round we told him it was his shout and he starting roaring at us "I got the last round" It was so bad one of the lads put it into urbandictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=merning

Oh and he came into school years ago and his mam was after winning a crate of 24 cartons of orange juice, he told us his mam drove down to Quinnsworth(Tesco) and they were shocked that the manager would not buy it off her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭lauren12

One of my friends went on a date with a fairly well to do guy to the cinema, it was their first date, after he had persued her for quite some time. Arriving at the cinema he asked her to choose the film, however she choose something that was in the luxury cinema and when the date heard the price of €26, he insisted she rethink her choice of film...needless to say that was their first and last date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

lauren12 wrote: »
    One of my friends went on a date with a fairly well to do guy to the cinema, it was their first date, after he had persued her for quite some time. Arriving at the cinema he asked her to choose the film, however she choose something that was in the luxury cinema and when the date heard the price of €26, he insisted she rethink her choice of film...needless to say that was their first and last date.

whats a luxury cinema? was she expecting him to pay? If so, if i was him i would have given her the shove too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lauren12 wrote: »

if women want these luxuries then men need to earn more than them,they can't have best of both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

pmcmahon wrote: »
    if women want these luxuries then men need to earn more than them,they can't have best of both

She never did say that he was paying for both of them.

• Advertisement

whats a luxury cinema? was she expecting him to pay? If so, if i was him i would have given her the shove too

The luxury cinema, is like the luxury theatre in the cinema, for some reason they show certain movies in there, I am unsure as to why they do that. Oh and she gave him the shove.

She never did say that he was paying for both of them.

Yup he offered to pay for both. He seems he was showing his true colours straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

UpCork wrote: »
    Paul St shopping centre in Cork used to be a fine example of this. They have since been renovated and I haven't used them so can't comment now, but 20c to go in and the smell would come out the door to meet you. I used to refuse to pay the 20c (sometimes you needed the toilet and it was near the car park, so needs must LOL). THey were disgusting toilets so I often wondered where that money went. Have no problem paying if the money actually goes to maintaining the up keep of facilitites

Doesn`t everyone hold the door for each other anymore. I was washing my hands one day and somebody knocked on the door. I smirked and thought "you really can`t fool the Irish"

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Know a person who when travelling on the M1 from Dublin to Dundalk will drive through Drogheda rather than pay the €1.90 toll. This adds around 20-25 mins to the journey. Over half an hour sometimes in heavy traffic. Fook that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Funny, I did that for a while after I left college a good few years ago.{Produced Student Card to get discounts} I'm a mature student now, but I feel guilty about producing it for stuff, even though I am so skint, it's not even funny.

Did ye learn nothing, first time around :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Il Trap wrote: »
    Know a person who when travelling on the M1 from Dublin to Dundalk will drive through Drogheda rather than pay the €1.90 toll. This adds around 20-25 mins to the journey. Over half an hour sometimes in heavy traffic. Fook that!

What a tool - sure the petrol cost more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Doesn`t everyone hold the door for each other anymore. I was washing my hands one day and somebody knocked on the door. I smirked and thought "you really can`t fool the Irish"

They do where its possible, some places, like Stephens Green, are manned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I know someone who visits their local supermarket a few minutes before closing in order to get any unsold sticky buns. He expects them for free and gets very irritated with the staff when there aren't any to give away. Guy is loaded btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I know someone who visits their local supermarket a few minutes before closing in order to get any unsold sticky buns. He expects them for free and gets very irritated with the staff when there aren't any to give away. Guy is loaded btw.

The one thing we have all learned form this thread is that a lot of loaded people are loaded because they are stingy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

My dad - what a man :)

One time he parked in the tunnel....it was 5 minutes before the toll charge went from €10 to €3. Your man on the intercom came on repeating "Can the person in the x car registration number xxxx please move on".. So my dad moved on at literally 5kms/hr been blooowwn out of it by truckers... went through the toll for €3 with a big smile on his face :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

One time he parked in the tunnel....it was 5 minutes before the toll charge went from €10 to €3. Your man on the intercom came on repeating "Can the person in the x car registration number xxxx please move on".. So my dad moved on at literally 5kms/hr been blooowwn out of it by truckers... went through the toll for €3 with a big smile on his face :D

Your dad got blown out of it by truckers to save seven euro?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

mathie wrote: »
    Well you have to factor in how much the truckers paid for the blooowwwn!
    And more then one as well, I'd say he made a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Is that the face the truckers made?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Is that the face the truckers made?

Truckers face for a blow was more like this :P.

His aul fella would have been :o ....then :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

The last few people before me are murdering this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Another amusing one in this (hotel) bar was this middle aged women who would bring in her own tea bags.
    She would then kindly ask the staff for a pot of boiling water and a cup. Then spend hours in the lounge sipping away at no expense.
    :p
    mabie she didnt drink black tea, i always carry my own tea bags because most places dont do Redbush tea and i hate black tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Ha - 'Redbush'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Your dad got blown by truckers for seven euro?!

That's not stingy, that's cheap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I've seen some folk around the estate where I live go round when people bins are out before they're collected usually early morning and throw they're own rubbish in if there's room

I've also seem some folk drink from someone-elses half empty pint glasses so they won't have to pay a drink

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement