Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options
«134567326

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles


    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush


    Once in a restaurant, 4 people at a table near us, three of them leave a tip at the table on leaving, last person at the table pockets tip without the rest noticing.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08


    I have loads. One that happened yesterday was, one of my really tight friends charged another friend 3 euros for a slice of his pizza when they came.
    He's such an unbelievable snake.


  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin


    my dad walked into my neighbours house one time and there were sheets of toilet paper all over the sitting room. The wife had bought 3 different kinds and was seeing which brand was the best value (ie which had more sheets per roll). I'm going to assume she would disregard such things as quality and texture.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman


    galwayrush wrote: »
    Once in a restaurant, 4 people at a table near us, three of them leave a tip at the table on leaving, last person at the table pockets tip without the rest noticing.

    Yoink!


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN


    briantwin wrote: »
    my dad walked into my neighbours house one time and there were sheets of toilet paper all over the sitting room. The wife had bought 3 different kinds and was seeing which brand was the best value (ie which had more sheets per roll). I'm going to assume she would disregard such things as quality and texture.


    Is there not a total number of sheets on the packaging??


  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin


    Damo9090 wrote: »
    Is there not a total number of sheets on the packaging??

    When you'rer that stingey im sure you'd count the number of chips you'd get in McDonalds because you'd think they were trying to rip you off.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie


    my dad tells a story from when he was younger and he was drinking with some friends and one of them was teetotal. When it came to his round he bought 4 fizzy oranges for them.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont


    Anyone notice that the meanest people are the rich ones - i have a mate whose family is loaded and the guy is the stingiest in the world - he would pick up 2c if he saw it on the street, always shops in the Somalia shop and is so proud when he picks up a top for under a tenner. One of the lads went shopping with him in Dunnes and he picked up a load of stuff but was too mean to pay the 22c for a bag so the 2 of them practically carried 15 items each for a half a mile


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno


    my friend bought some perfume or somethin for his g/f for xmas from boots, couple days later he heard there was 10% off so he brought it back, got a refund, then bought it again savin himself about 2 euro..

    another one we were all sittin round the sittin room, couple spliffs goin round, same friend rang up mizonis pizza, asked what the minimum delivery order was, 8 euro was the reply, can i have 8 cans of coke please? nd they delivered em, we lived so close to mizonis we could see it out our sittin room windowand watched them as they walked over , they really hated us :D funny stuff


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984


    Used to work with the meanest woman in the world. She was going to the shop one day and asked if any of us wanted anything. I wanted something (can't for the life of me remember what, we'll say a bottle of Coke) so gave her €1.20. She came back five minutes later Coke-less, gave me back my €1.20. Turned out the shop had put Coke up to €1.22 a bottle and she didn't want to spend €0.02 of her own money in case she wouldn't get it back off me. :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen


    sweetie wrote: »
    my dad tells a story from when he was younger and he was drinking with some friends and one of them was teetotal. When it came to his round he bought 4 fizzy oranges for them.

    That could be more expensive than the Alcohol these days ;-)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio


    ridiculous stories :eek:


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes


    my gf's ex got two tickets for them to see a concert for christmas and they were quite expensive. Turns out they were his christmas present from his mother


  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville


    00112984 wrote: »
    Used to work with the meanest woman in the world. She was going to the shop one day and asked if any of us wanted anything. I wanted something (can't for the life of me remember what, we'll say a bottle of Coke) so gave her €1.20. She came back five minutes later Coke-less, gave me back my €1.20. Turned out the shop had put Coke up to €1.22 a bottle and she didn't want to spend €0.02 of her own money in case she wouldn't get it back off me. :rolleyes:

    ha ha ah jaysus that's terrible!!!

    great thread OP


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk


    Huggles wrote: »
    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.

    In fairness I wouldn't pay for bottles of wine drank by others


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes


    a guy i know sent me a "call me" text once, you know those things that say "i'm out of credit, call me". But he's on bill pay. And the worst thing is i was the one who signed him up to the bill phone so it's not like i didn't know!

    The same guy went into the off licence for a friend when he was 18 and the other guy was 17. He came out with only his stuff and said they wouldn't give him the rest because they thought he was buying it for someone. So the guy says fair enough, give me my money back to which he replied "i don't have it". A big argument followed where he eventually admitted he had the money and gave it back. He's not the brightest chap god bless him


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles


    Should have specified, she also drinks plenty of wine!
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    In fairness I wouldn't pay for bottles of wine drank by others


  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin


    my old next door neighbour once spilled a ton of crap on his stairs cant remember what it was. Anyway iot damaged the floor boards but he was too tight to pay to have them replaced so he put some reinforcing under the stairs himself. All was grand till one evening all we could hear was screaming like a banshee. My dad went around to find all 18st of him had fallen through the stairs and he was wedged up to his waste in his own stairs. My dad and our other neighbour had to go help him get out of his stairs.

    Forgot that one.


  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN


    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    a guy i know sent me a "call me" text once, you know those things that say "i'm out of credit, call me". But he's on bill pay. And the worst thing is i was the one who signed him up to the bill phone so it's not like i didn't know!


    Can you send them on bill pay?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt


    When my dad lived in New York he done rennovations a millionaires house... She never used central heating at all because she reckoned it cost too much. Also she reckoned gas was cheaper than electricity and therefore always used devices powered by that, even for things like making toast or boiling water for tea or coffee. :confused:


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes


    Damo9090 wrote: »
    Can you send them on bill pay?
    apparently you can:P


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna


    briantwin wrote: »
    my dad walked into my neighbours house one time and there were sheets of toilet paper all over the sitting room. The wife had bought 3 different kinds and was seeing which brand was the best value (ie which had more sheets per roll). I'm going to assume she would disregard such things as quality and texture.


    I though this was going to be a story about reusing toilet paper:D


    There a fella that plays music in pubs around Letterkenny, his stingyness is legendary. He had just finished playing one night and he was standing at the bar chatting to people, one of them offered to buy him a drink, his reply was "cant have a drink i'm driving, but i'll take the money instead". The guy buying him the drink just sat there with his mouth open not knowing what to do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3


    In work years ago and as the newest it was my job to go the shops for everyone for lunch, one miserable old cvnt (on way more £ than me) used to always give me 30p for a KitKat and then ask me for his 2p change. Went to a different shop one day where it was 30p and he started giving out to me.

    That's only one of many stories about him.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech


    Drinking with Ken Doherty n few others at UK Championship in UK few years back and his "round" costs £25 n he has £30 (20+10) on the table. So he asks his mate Mick if he has a fiver, which he gets, and pockets his tenner again.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing


    Damo9090 wrote: »
    Can you send them on bill pay?

    All he has to do is text "Call Me", it just means it wouldn't be free.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun


    consultech wrote: »
    Drinking with Ken Doherty n few others at UK Championship in UK few years back and his "round" costs £25 n he has £30 (20+10) on the table. So he asks his mate Mick if he has a fiver, which he gets, and pockets his tenner again.

    :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes


    All he has to do is text "Call Me", it just means it wouldn't be free.

    What i got was the standard meteor call me message, the one that says "the person at 085xxxxxxx has no credit and would like you to call them..."


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile


    Used to work in a bar. There was this one tight bastard who would always ask for his pint of Heineken filled right to the brim, i.e. no head at all.
    If it was served with the standard 4mm head he would send it back saying "I asked for a PINT of beer."

    C0Ck.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing


    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    What i got was the standard meteor call me message, the one that says "the person at 085xxxxxxx has no credit and would like you to call them..."

    Really, must remember that next time I'm too stingy to pay. Was it o2 that used to just send the slightly creepy "call me" ones then?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement