Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

messygirl wrote: »
    we're related so will be deleting this in a while in case anyone sees but just thought ild share :p

Let's hope your post isn't quoted before you can delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

eoin wrote: »
    we're related so will be deleting this in a while in case anyone sees but just thought ild share :p
    That would indeed be a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

carrotcake wrote: »
    eoin wrote: »

That would indeed be a shame.

It sure would! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Was at a pub with a few friends and we were buying rounds.

When it came to my friends turn I asked for a red bull as I was driving that night, so my friend went off and came back with a half empty can of red bull he found at the bar...after pointing it out and an ".....oh my God....must have given me the wrong can..." moment he came back with a full un opened can

Was fairly tight but he's a master at it-smokes a good 5-10 fags on a night out but has never ever bought a packet in his life just bums off people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

segaBOY wrote: »

Was fairly tight but he's a master at it-smokes a good 5-10 fags on a night out but has never ever bought a packet in his life just bums off people!!

My mum worked with someone like that in the 70s, never ever bought a smoke. He is now one of the "super rich"!!. I suppose scabbing fags is how it starts!!

• Advertisement

He was like the Cavan man who was in court for having sex with a cat...

...The Judge said it was the first time a Cavan man had ever been accussed of putting anything in a Kitty:)

Lol funny you say that, was at the bar in Quinns in Drumcondra one night and a fella from Cavan came up to the bar and began talking to me-turns out buying shots for myself and my friend after 5 mins (both male btw) and wouldn't take anything for it or let me buy him a drink!!

Felt really bad so just stuffed some money in his pocket-was fairly sound for the stereotype!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

When i was in school me and my friends would go to the shop across the road at lunch to get a chicken roll, one day my friend was over charged by 5 cent so she went back in and queued up again for another ten minutes to get her 5 cent back!!!

Those guys who have like live on boards and refuse to pay a subscription-really grinds my gears :p

(note to self, have 3 stars now...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Those guys who have like live on boards and refuse to pay a subscription-really grinds my gears :p

(note to self, have 3 stars now...)
    I believe that would be........

You

I believe that would be........

You

Any you-for shame :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Lol funny you say that, was at the bar in Quinns in Drumcondra one night and a fella from Cavan came up to the bar and began talking to me-turns out buying shots for myself and my friend after 5 mins (both male btw) and wouldn't take anything for it or let me buy him a drink!!

Felt really bad so just stuffed some money in his pocket-was fairly sound for the stereotype!!

Did he forget to tell you that there was rohypnol in those shots?

Fringe wrote: »
    Did he forget to tell you that there was rohypnol in those shots?

No that's fierce expensive these days!!!.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Miss_Moneypenny

My brother stole industrial style toilet roll from the toilet "store" in college instead of buying it in dunnes:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

At my brothers wedding a few years ago, me and my mate were buying rounds of drinks for each other at the hotel bar. The next day he comes up to me asking for the money for the drinks he got me! :eek: Some mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Years ago, my brother, who was in his late teens at the time, comes home after buying a pair of shoes for himself and asks my mam for the money for them!

Not a guy you want to owe money to either, of course, if he owes you money, good luck getting it in the near future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 niallthegreat

While in a foreign country a couple of years ago(there local currency is a quarter of the value of the euro) I was undercharged by one of there cents and I demanded to get it back and even complained to the manager in order to get it back ... thats right I caused a huge scene just for a quarter of a cent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

A couple of days ago, I was getting the bus home from town. This old man who gets the same bus at the same time every week, and is quite quite clearly an old age pensioner, stepped onto the bus. The driver asked him for his card to which the man said "But I'm an old ago pensioner." The cúnt was having none of it, and told the man to pay or get off. The man didn't have any money and so had to leave the bus. I nearly clocked the bus driver.

Worse yet, at home about half an hour later, I saw the old man walking past my house, on his way home, taking a break on the wall across the road from my house.

Really really pissed me off.

A couple of days ago, I was getting the bus home from town. This old man who gets the same bus at the same time every week, and is quite quite clearly an old age pensioner, stepped onto the bus. The driver asked him for his card to which the man said "But I'm an old ago pensioner." The cúnt was having none of it, and told the man to pay or get off. The man didn't have any money and so had to leave the bus. I nearly clocked the bus driver.

Worse yet, at home about half an hour later, I saw the old man walking past my house, on his way home, taking a break on the wall across the road from my house.

Why did'nt you intervene? You could have easily said something to th driver or better yet offered to pay for the old man. I know it was the driver in the wrong but a simple kind gesture on your part would have greatly helped the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Genuinely didn't have the money for it, but I could have stood up for him. I don't really have an excuse as to why I didn't to be honest. But the bus driver was technically in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

my cousin got her husband the wii fit last christmas but she didnt get the actual wii console itself,

she said that she would get him the console for his birthday last march but never did.

• Advertisement

Genuinely didn't have the money for it, but I could have stood up for him. I don't really have an excuse as to why I didn't to be honest. But the bus driver was technically in the right.

Fair enough but if I had seen that I would have said something to the driver. There really is no need to treat an elderly gent in that manner, the driver should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I havent read this mammoth thread so someone else might have done it but some of my mates when going to a 21st, ya know how ya gotta show up with a card? well the just buy a blank card and hand it to the person, obviously dont sign it so next day when birthday person is going through their cards theres just a blank one with no evidence pointing back!! ....stingy...but genius!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

king-stew wrote: »
    I havent read this mammoth thread so someone else might have done it but some of my mates when going to a 21st, ya know how ya gotta show up with a card? well the just buy a blank card and hand it to the person, obviously dont sign it so next day when birthday person is going through their cards theres just a blank one with no evidence pointing back!! ....stingy...but genius!! :pac:
    How is that stingy?
    They are basically giving the other guy an empty card to use for themselves....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

seen that happen before to except the old man refused to get off and the busman was going mental so someone got up and payed the poor mans fare, everyone was like :eek: .... like come one to all these busdrivers use are sad bastards!!!...what difference will it make to their lives if they let a old man who can barely walk on the bus that forget his free pass thingy...fking pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Was involved the 48 hour film festival this weekend (basically you get a theme some other details and get 48 hours to make a short film). I didn't want to stand out in the cold for 14 hours at a time so I was on catering - keeping everyone fed and warm. Had to collec $10 from everyone to buy all the ingredients. This fact was emailed to everyone before we all met up and people were told if they wanted to eat hot food while they were filming to bring the money.

The amount of people that didn't bring the money or looked shocked when you asked them was uneal. One of the organisers, a person I have spoken about before in this thread told me he was going to his room to get the money to give me and then walked out of the house instead. He was, of course, first in the queue to get his dinner - as were the other people who didn't want to pay up. I'm still waiting to get a good bit of money off people and I don't think I'm going to see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

When I was about 16, my friend's mother offered to drive a few of us down to her mobile home in Laois so we could stay there for a couple of nights and have our first 'holiday' away together without grownups. We live in Dublin so it wasn't a particularly long drive. She stopped at a petrol station halfway there and put about 40 quid worth of petrol in the car, then when she got back into the drivers seat she very casually THREW the receipt at us in the back, telling us we had to reimburse her for the fuel. We were all in school and none of us had jobs, and she had conveniently kept silent about us paying for her petrol until we were already on the road. I was fuming and refused to pay that much, but I later found out she forced her daughter to do babysitting jobs for the neighbours until it was paid off. I was shocked!

One guy my brother was friends with in college was famous for being stingy. My brother and I were waiting to meet him one day and he was late. We spotted him down the road about 200 yards away, sauntering really casually even though he had kept us waiting. My brother looked at me and said "Jaysus, he's so miserly he won't even spend energy!" Keeps me grinning to this day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If the person is entitled to a bus pass then they should carry it. They are not entitled to free transport during morning rush hour.

Regarding jobsworths, I am aware of a Dublin Bus driver being fired because a passenger didn't have a ticket.

And a guy I knew who was a conductor told me it was like pulling teeth to get some pensioners to show their passes. And we all know that a lot of old people can be very stingy and would take a freebie over having to show their passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

One of my friends used to walk about a mile and a half to the nearest pound shop to buy sweets instead of having to get them in the cinema. Meant we usually missed the first ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

1) Cnut robbing toilet roll out of a pub.
    2) Same cnut selling 1 packet of 2 for 1 Lidl ham to some oul lad.
    3) Scumbags selling used Nintendo Wii's last christmas for €1,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭pinkfeather

For the smokers out there, you know what its like when you have been out on the piss and you wake up the next morning not quite knowing what happened and to make it worse...no fags!!!! One of my friends ripped up all the fags from the floor outside and used the tobacco in a rizla...minging...anyone else seen this or just me???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement