Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

For the smokers out there, you know what its like when you have been out on the piss and you wake up the next morning not quite knowing what happened and to make it worse...no fags!!!! One of my friends ripped up all the fags from the floor outside and used the tobacco in a rizla...minging...anyone else seen this or just me???

I do that sometimes if I'm really stuck, but only with my own butts from my own ashtray, never the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Huggles wrote: »
    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.
    think i know her!!
    people like her are EVERYWHERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

A couple of days ago, I was getting the bus home from town. This old man who gets the same bus at the same time every week, and is quite quite clearly an old age pensioner, stepped onto the bus. The driver asked him for his card to which the man said "But I'm an old ago pensioner." The cúnt was having none of it, and told the man to pay or get off. The man didn't have any money and so had to leave the bus. I nearly clocked the bus driver.

Worse yet, at home about half an hour later, I saw the old man walking past my house, on his way home, taking a break on the wall across the road from my house.

Really really pissed me off.

similar thing happened to me a few years ago when they could only use their pass after 6.30 in the evening ,it was 6.25 and the driver wouldnt let an old lady use her pass because it wasnt 6.30 yet and told her she would have to wait for the next bus in the rain ,so i paid i think it was 1.05 at the time and the smart fecker says its""that will only get her to dorset st "(the stop was in parnell st going to Finglas),so i says "yeah but by the time you get to dorset st it will be half six and then she can use her pass!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

At a friends wedding a few years ago, the mega wealthy relative (there's always at least one) gave her a can opener as a gift.

At least she got a present!
    My wedding was almost a year ago, My Aunt, Uncle 4 cousins and partners (youngest is 21), 'forgot' the card and wedding present and still say to me when they see me, "oh we must give you your wedding present next time we see you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

robbing condiments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Some Romany crowd used to get on the 39 a lot on Dame street. Same ones I'd see each night I was on that bus.

And each night, they'd hold the bus up for 20-30 minutes arguing with the driver over the fare. Either they 'didn't have enough', the kids who ran up the stairs weren't theirs, or were none existent, or the fare had gone up in the last few days and they were caught out by it.

Every single bloody time.

And for what, 1 or 2 Euro?

And then they have the Nerve to wander the isles of the buses waving a stinking puke-monster of a baby in peoples faces demanding 'Change for the baby'

Yeah. Fat bloody chance lady...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

chocgirl wrote: »
    One of my friends used to walk about a mile and a half to the nearest pound shop to buy sweets instead of having to get them in the cinema. Meant we usually missed the first ten minutes.

Yea well - them cinema shops are fookin rip off merchants!! so I dont really blame him there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

At work, I had someone submit an expense claim for 27 cents. Best thing is that we don't make payments under 10 euro. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Jesus I need to stop reading this thread or I will be up all night on it!

Best one Ive seen in a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

1) Cnut robbing toilet roll out of a pub.

My friends and I sometimes have to do this. When we go out in college our friend we stay with never has any toilet roll so we just rob it from the bar and bring it home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

My friends and I sometimes have to do this. When we go out in college our friend we stay with never has any toilet roll so we just rob it from the bar and bring it home.

Wonder what do they use for toilet paper when you're not staying with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Love this thread, haven't finished reading it all yet :D

My boss is so stingy that he's refusing to re-order headed paper or compliment slips as they're too expensive. We have scanned copies of them which we print out on normal, flimsy copier paper. We send out a lot of letters every day, they must look so unprofessional :o I wouldn't mind, but he's talking about purchasing a €350 coffee machine for the office when only 3 people drink coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Worst off the top off me head is a plank round our place, bought a six pack of Tesco's finest brand lager as I did, put his in OUR fridge whilst mine sat warming up in the kitchen as I had other stuff to do. Got around to drinking and I put mine in the fridge. Took one from his six pack so as to have a cold brewsky and was subjected to, "Dude, that's my beer".

My response was a polite "I'll pay ya back from mine, just wanted a cold one"

The next delightful response from said plank was "Yeah, but that's MY beer"

Tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Last week, I went to a greyhound track with a group of people from work. So there we are 4 to a table yada yada. Round comes the server and we proceed to order drinks. Someone said "Shur put them all on the tab and we'll pay for them at the end". 4 rounds later, one of the four gets up, makes her goodbyes and walks out! Bloody cheek! (of course none of us really copped it until we asked for the bill and her already gone!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

pebbles21 wrote: »
    similar thing happened to me a few years ago when they could only use their pass after 6.30 in the evening ,it was 6.25 and the driver wouldnt let an old lady use her pass because it wasnt 6.30 yet and told her she would have to wait for the next bus in the rain ,so i paid i think it was 1.05 at the time and the smart fecker says its""that will only get her to dorset st "(the stop was in parnell st going to Finglas),so i says "yeah but by the time you get to dorset st it will be half six and then she can use her pass!!"

haha i like ur style:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A bitch girl broke up with a friend of mine recently. She lived with him, but before she left the house to move back in with her parents she..

Took the cloths pegs off the line
    The alarm of the wall
    The chicken breasts out of the freezer
    The wheelie bins
    Toilet paper &
    The sky box.. not the dish, just the box.

I bet dumb dumb is at home wondering why her sky box wont work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

stepbar wrote: »
    Last week, I went to a greyhound track with a group of people from work. So there we are 4 to a table yada yada. Round comes the server and we proceed to order drinks. Someone said "Shur put them all on the tab and we'll pay for them at the end". 4 rounds later, one of the four gets up, makes her goodbyes and walks out! Bloody cheek! (of course none of us really copped it until we asked for the bill and her already gone!).

Maybe she didn't realise it either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Mods should change this thread to 'How to save in the recession and lose all respect from your friends'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

winston82 wrote: »
    Mods should change this thread to 'How to save in the recession and lose all respect from your friends'

If you're posting on AH your friends already have no respect for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PaythePiper

One of my friends never wants to break her notes so she ends up skiving off everyone for change one of my pet peeves if I had a penny....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Reading about stingy pubs and clubs here reminded me of something that happened a couple of years ago in Dun Laoghaire.

Friday night and a group of us are out for a few drinks after work to chill out. We end up in a pub in the above mentioned location (midways up the main street on the left hand side). Now said pub is pretty damm empty with about 15 people max in it. At 9pm the bouncers come around and tell every one we need to nip out side for about 5 min so they can sort some stuff out and we could leave our drinks and coats there and that everything was cool.

So we all trundle outside wondering wtf going on and wait for the all clear to go back in. Bouncer comes out, tells us all is well and we can go back in.......

but we gots to pay €10 for the pleasure!

Needless to say our reply to this is blocked by the boards.ie filter :) So after getting our stuff back we walk directly accross the road to another pub who were more than happy to have our custom and spotted our group a free round when the barman heard our tale :D I reckon the scabby pub lost at least 300 quid just on our party alone for that stunt.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i charge 1 euro per 500 words typed for customers wanting documents typed, a customer refused to pay me when i typed 497 words up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

Mont wrote: »
    Anyone notice that the meanest people are the rich ones - i have a mate whose family is loaded and the guy is the stingiest in the world - he would pick up 2c if he saw it on the street, always shops in the Somalia shop and is so proud when he picks up a top for under a tenner. One of the lads went shopping with him in Dunnes and he picked up a load of stuff but was too mean to pay the 22c for a bag so the 2 of them practically carried 15 items each for a half a mile

+1

Mean rich people.

When I was a kid my cousin would be sent off fishing with us (millionaire uncle) with one hook. When he lost it, we would have to give him one of ours. There are countless other examples. He prided himself on being mean.

Had a dream the other night that that uncle was keeping a chinese (worker) in a shed at the back of his business. She had loads of babbies.
    He still pisses me off to this day obviously even when i sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I was in a bus station in London before the Euro came in. I bought a bottle of coke which cost £1.05, handed in the exact money and was refused because one of the pennies I handed was an irish one instead of sterling!
    They were the same size and weight, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I absolutely despise meaness in people - especially those who are happy enough to spend your money but never get around to spending their own - our friendship doesn't last long!

There's some very funny stories here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Quint wrote: »
    I was in a bus station in London before the Euro came in. I bought a bottle of coke which cost £1.05, handed in the exact money and was refused because one of the pennies I handed was an irish one instead of sterling!
    They were the same size and weight, who cares?

If a button was the same size and weight would you expect them to accept that as legal tender too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If you're posting on AH your friends already have no respect for you.

Luckily I don't have any friends so I'm not afraid of them losing their respect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

If a button was the same size and weight would you expect them to accept that as legal tender too?

Of course not, a button is for buttoning stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Quint wrote: »
    Of course not, a button is for buttoning stuff.

Exactly, thats its intended purpose, whats the intended purpose of an Irish penny!! hrmmmm, see where this be goin.

• Advertisement

Exactly, thats its intended purpose, whats the intended purpose of an Irish penny!! hrmmmm, see where this be goin.

I think his point was that traditionally most Irish shops would accept an English penny and most English shops would accept an Irish penny. I know I often used English coppers and got no complaints and when I was in London years abck used some Irish coppers and the shopkeep had no problem taking them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement