Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Thread resurrection FTW!!!

He's too stingy to start his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

A "mate" of mine made a big deal out of having to the full cost of... wait for it... FIVE EURO, for the use of an astroturf facility, because he said he stood in goal more than anyone else...

Told him to keep his money. Won't ask him again. He went on a huge rant about it. You might think he was havin a whinge about bein in goal, but quarrels about money are par for the course with him.

Thread ressurection FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

sticky this plz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

sticky this plz:)

+1

Mods, all is forgiven if this is immortalised with a sticky:D

It would be the stickiest sticky in the history of stickiness.

• Advertisement

wtf? read the tags for this thread....

undesireables roam among us... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

there's a guy i know who carries a tobacco pouch, but he smokes normal cigs.
    when he's finished the cig at the filter, there's still a little bit of tobacco in it so he squeezes it into the pouch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I know this guy , He played poker with us and wouldn't put his money on the table.... played with it from out of his pocket!:mad:

I don't know the guy but I hate him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Tag: "tight kiddies + rape ftw," who ever wrote that is deserving of a site ban TBH...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Quality wrote: »
    I know this guy , He played poker with us and wouldn't put his money on the table.... played with it from out of his pocket!:mad:

I wouldn't let him play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

wtf? read the tags for this thread....

undesireables roam among us... :eek:

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

My stingy thing is that I hate paying for taxis.

No explanation for it, I'm free and easy with money for everything else but taxis really irk for some reason.

What does the taxi driver say when you refuse to pay him?
    There is a Kilkenny shop on Wicklow St. in Dublin?

Yeah, it gives us a taste of the country without actually having to go there. You don't have a "Dublin Road" where you're from?
    Smcgie wrote: »
    1st date with my new GF to the cinema, b4 i went printed out buy 1 ticket get one free off a certain Irish entertainment website... Got some stick from my m8s but she thought i was really shrewd.. was a real ice breaker and were still together....:D
    That's not stingy. That's smart. Well done.

housemate too mean to buy toilet paper... he used newspaper... didnt flush it tho, he threw it out the window. also, he worked out the price of 24 canes of coke which were on offer in dunnes, as cents per millilitre, offer wasnt good enough. €9 for 24 cans like!!!!!

My powers of resurrection have pushed the thread views over the 100k mark it seems :D

Hello to 98fm if you are still watching!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I am very stingey.

However, I have to be or else I wouldn't be able to adequately bankroll my alcohol addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Big Wave wrote: »
    What does the taxi driver say when you refuse to pay him?

I'd imagine if I tried to not pay they'd get fairly angry.

hard to say, never tried fare dodging.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Once when I was going to the cinema in Mallow I had a bright idea.I went into Dunnes and got one of the 3ltr bottles of fake cidona for 1.50 insted of paying 2 euro for 500ml.With the slaggin I got I didnt do it again.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The stingiest thing I've ever witnessed was my mate stopping the car in Tralee on our way to a wedding in Cork and making us take a bus with him the rest of the way because there was talk of a drive up to Galway the day after, and that wasn't on his itinerary. He's a farmer btw

jimmay wrote: »
    "have you got your student id?" (most of them don't even look). I said "no". She said "no discount". I laughed I said "hello I'm in here all the time" (winked at one of the other girls).
    NO student discount...wow I had a good mind to leave the sandwich (including an extra €1 charge for 1 extra slice of ham) there but was too hungry!
    So tight her arse squeaked when she walked :D

Sorry if someone else said this but I can;t be arsed reading the rest of the thread. :o

Just wanted to ask do you not realise she's only doing her job. She didn't make the rules. YOU forgot your student card but you're indignant because they wouldn't give you the discount...??? Right.... Why do you flatter yourself to assume she'd remember you? And what in God's name makes her the tight arse in this story??!!

(apologies again if I'm only repeating what someone else hopefully already pointed out )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Quality wrote: »

That's not really being stingy, is it? My friends do that from time to time, it's a pretty clever trick, particularly when there are one or two chip leaders that are way ahead of the others. If you see someone with a small stack of chips, you'd be inclined to force them in to going all-in so as to get them out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

housemate too mean to buy toilet paper... he used newspaper... didnt flush it tho, he threw it out the window. also, he worked out the price of 24 canes of coke which were on offer in dunnes, as cents per millilitre, offer wasnt good enough. €9 for 24 cans like!!!!!

MAAY I JUST SAAAY
    there selling 24 cans of coke in super value for 5.50 =p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Once when I was going to the cinema in Mallow I had a bright idea.I went into Dunnes and got one of the 3ltr bottles of fake cidona for 1.50 insted of paying 2 euro for 500ml.With the slaggin I got I didnt do it again.:p

I used to do that all the time. Instead of spending €1.40 on 500ml of water I'd buy the Dunnes 2L bottles for 33c. Besides the price difference I wanted more water! That's not stingy

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

When i was bout 15 my friend whos a year older used check every single phone box that we would pass by...every 100 box's he would of got 20 cents :D:D Also he used get these jeans for like five euro from michael guineys(pikey store in Cork) and he used complain non stop if they got anyway damaged( Could almost buy a new pair everyday for that price)

On holidays this year one of the lads would never pay for the taxi or put anything towards it...Really grinds my gears that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

jesus how could i have forgot this earlier...The pub i work in is a stinge magnet...One fella in his fifties tries to walk away with his pint without paying for it...he always does FAS courses in computers and such for money even tho he is absolutely loaded...always says he'll pay for his pint after he pops to the post office across the road to get the money...goes to the local hospital to try and get cheap meals..told me this himself, said he pretends hes a patient...

Also their is this one other almighty ****er of a man who i hate and i dont use that word regarding other people lightly...Anyways hes only 50 odd and he always claims pensioners prises(owner gives it because he comes in with a few big spenders not to upset them) He always shouts out i pay your wages and the dole pays mine delighted with himself..He's on disability and hes no more disabled than paul o connell.. Hes always talking bout jobs hes doing on the side... He will always try to get out of paying for a pint...He bought a pint for someone yesterday and then bout ten minutes later asked me to put on pint...when i went to take for it he says i bought the other fella a pint there he can buy me one back and he says to the other fella can i buy you another pint knowning full well the other fella would say no its my turn..He always tried to get free things off business in town and then comes in and boasts about it..Hes always flashing his rolex watch and bragging bout his 3 houses even tho hes on disability...Every new years a local does a collection for the bar staff.. he put in cents...literally...He also acts like he owns the pub.. What a rant...haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

A customer would come in to the local and always get his round in which cost say €5.05 , he would always just throw in a €5 and sit down smirking away.
    this went on for a while till the owner asked him for the full amount, your man said ive no change , so the owner takes his pint ,drinks about a third of it , looks at it and says thats about us even now and gives it back to the customer.

the rest of the local fell about laughing at the customer, classic moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

What about the shops that insist on the extra cent....

Has anybody mentioned them ****ers. I know I was refused a packet of paracetamol once over 1 bloody cent... Thing is, mosttimes I'm in that shop, I normally just ignore any change under 5cent... because it's **** all really. Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ccosgrave wrote: »
    That's not really being stingy, is it? My friends do that from time to time, it's a pretty clever trick, particularly when there are one or two chip leaders that are way ahead of the others. If you see someone with a small stack of chips, you'd be inclined to force them in to going all-in so as to get them out of the game.

Which is why it's frowned upon and considered very unsporting

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

When I was working in a bar in Cork I spilled a bowl of sugar cubes all over the floor. this was when we were cleaning up and everyone left.

The owner made me pick them up and put them back in the bowl, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

galwayrush wrote: »
    Once in a restaurant, 4 people at a table near us, three of them leave a tip at the table on leaving, last person at the table pockets tip without the rest noticing.

Typical Irish.

(and not the mean ****, moreso you for not having the balls to let the other three know)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement