Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Watch a few movies and be glad for the days off

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

why is it women have no sympathy for a sick and possibly dieing man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

antodeco wrote: »
    Double measure of hot whiskey, pop in a lemsip max strength (jsut before you go to bed). Make sure you are fairly clothed during the night. You will wake up the middle of the night sweating but feeling ok. Push through this! Its the flu showing its weakness. Fall back asleep and you will be right as rain the next morning.

Failing that, punch a dolphin in its snorkle

What does 'fairly clothed' mean?
    Do you mean clothed in an even-handed, non-judgemental manner?

As far as I'm aware, there are no Dolphins in Templeogue, but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Because its just a runny nose... Not AIDS.

Although OP, you might wanna get checked, I hear it's doing the rounds at the minute.

Hear, hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

Wonder how many survivors of the man flu, there is out there ?
    9959 be strong and you too might live to tell the story

Kev_2012 wrote: »

The forthright views of a Limerick taxi driver, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Put a lump of ginger in water and drink the water. Refill. Keep using the ginger. replace ginger if necessary.

Suck on a colve of garlic or add it to the water. You'll smell like crap but it will help a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You could always just, you know... cop the fúck on!

It's just a head cold :D

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    You could always just, you know... cop the fúck on!

It's just a head cold :D

Are you a real doctor?
    You certainly sound like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

9959 wrote: »
    Are you a real doctor?
    You certainly sound like one.
    Yep. I'm going to prescribe a dose of 'harden dafuq up' for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

This remedy always works ... go down to the kitchen and make yourself a nice tall glass of MAN THE F*CK UP :mad::mad::mad:

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

manuka honey !!!! €10 IN Dunnes.... get the highest strenght possible and take spoonfuls of it or put in hot water with a drop of lemon. works wonders

This remedy always works ... go down to the kitchen and make yourself a nice tall glass of MAN THE F*CK UP :mad::mad::mad:

:o:o:o

Thanks, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

9959 wrote: »
    Thanks, I think.

If its any consolation seconds after that post I scalded my lip.

Karma at its finest:pac:

... seperate subject but how do i start up a new post?? i'm new to this! :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

What about woman flu, you big sexist?
    No such thing! Women flu is a myth. A bit of empathy and sensitivity wouldn't go astray, OP's life hangs in the balance! Hold tough OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

go complain about it to the missus
    she will pity you and look after you until your better and feel more manly , then she will make you feel insecure and call you a little bitch for whining about the man flu
    typical women.....

Have to go, that burst of activity has almost seen me off.
    Farewell friends, I've left some money for boards.ie in the bottom drawer of my bedside locker beside some old copies of The Lancet.
    Love to all xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Prometheus

Sorry to have to tell you this buddy, but as a man you will have to endure this terrible affliction. "Scientists" have proven that when a man gets the flu, it is 10,000 times worse than when a woman gets it.
    You cannot argue with science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Man flu is a terrible affliction. I've been struck down with it many a time...mainly after nights out or before a days work.

.... get the flu jab next year sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Thread merged to Support thread.

No support = thread ban.

A deadly conditon like this, is not to be sneered at.

Good luck people, hopefully you pull through.

just saying you have a better chance of getting less of a dose next xmas if you get the flu jab. I got it in Oct... had a sniffle, sore throat etc but nothing major.... was worth it.

My symptoms are worsening, plus I haven't eaten anything at all today save for a Doner Kebab, large chips and a bottle of Lilt (Large).
    Am I dying? (my OH says it's really hard to tell).
    What does she mean?

it means your grand.

If you can get a donor kebab down ya i wouldnt be fussing either.

Men!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have a severe dose of genuine man-flu, was at the doc on New Year's Eve and got prescribed antibiotics and steroids.

No sympathy from anyone at home, so I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 am for the first time in 2 weeks this morning and drove into work. Felt absolutely terrible by lunchtime, but after taking a Lemsip Max Strength at least I have stopped shivering.

Of course, throwing back 3 hot whiskeys and spraying champagne all over the living room on New Year's Eve when the neighbors called around didn't exactly help my cause.

Now to garner up enough energy to go home in half an hour and not crash into the ditch on the way....

Might try and get some Manuka honey in Aldi's later, anyone tried it? I need a cure fast!

Sadderday wrote: »
    just saying you have a better chance of getting less of a dose next xmas if you get the flu jab. I got it in Oct... had a sniffle, sore throat etc but nothing major.... was worth it.

Thanks.
    Did you take your name from the way Chris Donoghue of Newstalk pronounces Saturday?

• Advertisement

manuka honey is the business, neck it. feel sorry for yas n all but its only the flu !!!!

Sadderday is original anyway !! wouldnt be drinking lilt if i were you, 7up is the biz...

And here is an old wives tale you could try if your that bad later....

Chop an onion in half and leave both halves on a plate (with the cut halves facing up) on your bedside locker

An onion apparently draws bacteria from the air (which is why we are meant to eat it only freshly chopped)

I have heard stories of sick people waking up to find the halves have turned black from absorbing the bacteria.

I have no idea if it actually works, but if your in bits you could try it,,, will prob stink up your room...

if you give it a go, let me know if it works!!!

Advertisement