Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm sick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Currently in the grips of man flu. Sore throat, pains, fuzzy head etc. taking nuerofin cold and flu and also panedol max.

Think I am one step closer to understanding what pregnancy is like for women. We all suffer in our own ways

Man flu must be making you delirious as well Tommy, coz pregnancy for women is one step closer for them to understand the pain we suffer with * wipes tear away* man flu.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Scientists in Taiwan have discovered that methamphetamine – one of the most widely used addictive drugs - may also have flu-fighting properties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2230603/The-illegal-drug-meth-fight-flu-scientists-claim-bizarre-study.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Morning all.
    I've a serious dose of 'Man Flu', as non-smoker I find myself, over the last few days, coughing and spluttering like a 40 a day man.
    Any suggested remedies would be seriously considered, however 'crackpot'.
    Don't bother recommending that I see a doctor, I've already had - what some might describe as - a scathing yet authoritative diagnosis from my OH.
    While I'm here, does 'The World Health Organisation' recognise 'Man Flu' as being a legitimate ailment, and if not, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eth4

Terrible, Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hot whiskys, best thing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

B*tch and moan about it like a real man.

Hot whiskys, best thing for it.

How many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I must not be a real man i have never encountered this man flu please elaborate

I must not be a real man i have never encountered this man flu please elaborate

Feeling weak as a kitten, no sense of taste or smell, hangover type headache without the benefits of drinking the previous evening, but here's the one that necessitated the quick diagnosis from my OH, "I'M DYING HERE".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

you need to drink so many Hot whiskeys, that either 1 you get better, or 2. you forget about the man flu.
    I also had the man flu some time ago, but I live to tell the tail :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

If it is proper man flu , just give up and die now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What about woman flu, you big sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

9959 wrote: »
    How many?

Real man flu knows no dosage

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    If it is proper man flu , just give up and die now.

How do I know that I'm not already dead, it certainly feels like it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lemsips max strength, Honey, rest, give it a few days of that and you'll be fine.

Problem with flu's is people tend to try to prove something of themselves by not resting, or ridicule others for resting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

It's going to be touch and go. You are being walked through the nicer parts of hell and there is a real risk you will die.

There are only a few options:

1) Moan
    2) Complain
    3) Lie face down and give up and die
    4) Whine
    5) Whimper and cry.
    6) Fall to your knees and scream 'WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?'

This is what I usually do.
    Which would explain why my OH wants to murder me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

As someone in remission from Man Flu dont ask a woman for help, they just dont understand.

What about woman flu, you big sexist?

Do I have to have that too in order to elicit sympathy, why that's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Be strong and one day you too can call yourself a man fly survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6keUdzwFCHU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

You should spend most of the day lying down, play some games if you can manage. Every ten minutes get up and walk slumped through the house saying to anyone you can find, "I feel terrible."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Flat 7-Up cures all illnesses ... in Ireland anyway.

thomasm wrote: »
    Be strong and one day you too can call yourself a man fly survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6keUdzwFCHU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for that, at last some empathy and succor.

Mod

No actual medical advice please. OP, if you're actually sick, the only person who can help is your pharmacist or GP.

Now, continue with the ridicule folks.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    You should spend most of the day lying down, play some games if you can manage. Every ten minutes get up and walk slumped through the house saying to anyone you can find, "I feel terrible."

Not being smart, but that's my normal disposition.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

do the to many clothes option. i am currently riddled with abola cold virus
    my trick is 1 large spirit based no mixer drink a double or more necked. then put on two pairs of grotty old trackies. t-shirt and two hoodies and if your not melting yet put on a hat. go to bed and sweat it out of you. warning though you will wake the next feeling better but also with a mouth as dry and a camels you know what in a sand storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Man up is the cure.

Mod

No actual medical advice please. OP, if you're actually sick, the only person who can help is your pharmacist or GP.

Now, continue with the ridicule folks.

Thanks for that, I feared that some spurious comparison with the trifling inconvenience of 'childbirth' might be suggested by some female posters.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Double measure of hot whiskey, pop in a lemsip max strength (jsut before you go to bed). Make sure you are fairly clothed during the night. You will wake up the middle of the night sweating but feeling ok. Push through this! Its the flu showing its weakness. Fall back asleep and you will be right as rain the next morning.

Failing that, punch a dolphin in its snorkle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Make sure you keep posting every few minutes in this thread though. We'll know to call an ambulance if you go 30 minutes without a post.

Advertisement