Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Every time someone online says they have the flu, smart arses always reply saying "You don't have the real flu, blah blah blah." Yes we all know what the real flu is, and yes we all know that the OP doesn't have it, and we all know what the OP meant, as did you - so, save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

whirlpool wrote: »
    Every time someone online says they have the flu, smart arses always reply saying "You don't have the real flu, blah blah blah." Yes we all know what the real flu is, and yes we all know that the OP doesn't have it, and we all know what the OP meant, as did you - so, save it.

u speak the truth my friend :D a nasty cold is just as annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

No. If he has a cold that's what he should say. It's beyond basic to call something what it is, not infer what it is by calling it something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Shryke wrote: »
    No. If he has a cold that's what he should say. It's beyond basic to call something what it is, not infer what it is by calling it something else.

There are plenty of every day words and phrases that we all use that aren't technically correct but we all know what is meant by them. Do you question everyone on the origin of every word they use?

You knew what he meant by the flu, we all did. Nothing needed to be said about it and anyone who did try to "correct" the OP were just nit picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I like my clear nasal passage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Shryke wrote: »

There are plenty of every day words and phrases that we all use that aren't technically correct but we all know what is meant by them. Do you question everyone on the origin of every word they use?

You knew what he meant by the flu, we all did. Nothing needed to be said about it and anyone who did try to "correct" the OP were just nit picking.

No I thought he had actual flu because that's what he said. It's easy enough in real life to see if someone is actually suffering but not on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

EI2011 wrote: »
    bought a bottle of sudafed today great stuff

Drink a couple of pints of orange juice, works wonders against the manflu that the OP allegedly has ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Merged.

Oh FFS! This is the second time today that one of my posts has been lost during the process of a merge. :rolleyes: Is it still floatin' in the inter-ether SuperRush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

This is what I propose.....

Whatever your gender or age, everyone is fed the fcuk up with being sick at the end of June when we should be basking in some glorious rays.

Not shovelling buckets of Vick on us and doping our selves up to the eyeballs.

So, as a collective, why did we not organise to have the country moved to a better climate?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I've been dyin' in the ICU with a pulmonary adema all week!!

(Now, when I say ICU, I mean work and when I say pulmonary adema, I mean the flu and when I say the flu, I mean a cold)

All I can say is, the bleedin' doctor better give me some strong antibiotics for it.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

You do know there's a proven cure for man flu right?, available at mosts chemists or petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Janey Calibos, that sounds serious... and you lost posts in the merge. I'd take to the bed if I were you. Now, you do know, don't you, that antibiotics are no use against a viral infection? Most colds oops, I meant to say most pulmonary odemas are viral.

Snowie, I'm watching you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

My head hurts. My eyes are streaming. My nose is running like a tap. My throat is raw from coughing. My everything aches and even my fingers hurt from typing this but I'm a girl so I'll carry on regardless!

And yes, all you self-appointed Cyber Medics, it is (the) flu! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Suffering from the man flu for five days now, with no possible light at the end of the tunnel :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Is that what this is? I've had a bad cold the last 3 days now....feckin men infecting the world :)

Is that what this is? I've had a bad cold the last 3 days now....feckin men infecting the world :)
    Oh not again!

You are right Midlandmissus - mens are very germy creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I have it too....plus gallstones and a kidney infection so really feeling like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Man flu (a cold) arrived here on Thursday and has (hopefully) peaked today. I blame my international jetsetting lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I've been struck down 3 days now, supposed to go to Scotland (of all places) this weekend, I don't know.
    I don't know man, if there's enough lemsips and little red tablets to make it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

i'M JUST AT THE TAIL END OF THE MAN FLU THE LAST 27 MONTHS , IT'S TOUGH , NO LIGHT AT THE END OF TUNNEL BUT MUST PRESERVE , NO POINT WINGING , THAT WILL NOT CURE THE MANFLU . JUST KEEP TAKING 12 LEMSIPS A DAY AND I'LL GET THERE .

Oh for goodness sake, once there is an "R" in the month, the men start complaining...man up wouldja!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake, once there is an "R" in the month, the men start complaining...man up wouldja!

Reported.

Bump as we've reached the time of the year when this is going around everywhere.

How is everyone doing? I'm completely stuffed over here. Someone make me soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im coming towards the end of it cycle since last wednesday, sore throat, to runny nose, congested, now a bit of a cough but out of the worst of it.

EVERYONE seems to have it at the minute, I gave it to half of work!

df1985 wrote: »
    i
    I gave it to half of work!

You evil, evil, evil, evil bastard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Coming down with this aswell.

Happens every winter, doesnt it? .. Some dude has sex with a monkey then sits on dublin bus ... :pac:

Had it a fortnight ago. Same sequence of symptoms as df1985. Only 4 days of a 'routine' disrupting malaise and a week with no tastebuds. Felt a bit **** but not to the point of being bedridden or anything, just inclined to do as little as possible.

Dry cough that hurt first day, that symptom went, then chronic nasal congestion and not being able to sleep day 2, then the next day chronic but productive nose blowing all day long but able to sleep that night. 4th day nose not so bad but now productive chesty cough. Day 5 I had the mental and physical energy to return to my normal routines. However a fortnight later and I still have some phegm dripping down my throat that needs to be coughed up several times a day.

All in all not the worst Cold I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Currently in the grips of man flu. Sore throat, pains, fuzzy head etc. taking nuerofin cold and flu and also panedol max.

Think I am one step closer to understanding what pregnancy is like for women. We all suffer in our own ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Currently in the grips of man flu. Sore throat, pains, fuzzy head etc. taking nuerofin cold and flu and also panedol max.

Think I am one step closer to understanding what pregnancy is like for women. We all suffer in our own ways

Best comparasion to pregnancy ever made!

Advertisement