Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

3.7c here with a 2.9cDP. No wind. Calm for three hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

-1.5 with dp -2.5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Clear, calm and misty.
    Icy too
    0.9C
    Dp -0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

-2c @ Dub AIR at 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Down with the folks in Santry earlier and it was getting very Foggy. Drove home with temp @ 0C. Very icy now though. Rainfall radar shows big blob of precip over midlands. Could this be fog / snow / anaprop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cold one again here tonight. -3.4c ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The road are icing now from the rain here earlier.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Everything is frozen now. Roads are like ice rinks, glad i don't need to make any trips tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-2.6C with Fog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

Temp has risen from 0.7 to 0.9 in the past 30 mins here. However, I am in a 4th floor apartment so it is probably colder near ground level. So a good deal warmer than Dublin airport, just up the road from here. Also, I cannot see the terminal from here and there is an orange glow towards the airport so I'll presume it's (freezing) fog making it colder up the road from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Clear Skies, No Wind. -1.9c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-1.9c here too. Would not like to be out driving on the roads after the rain today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bloomin icy out there.

Cut my lungs to shreds!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back home from work. Roads are not too bad, gritted mostly and as the air is so dry there isnt much ice, have driven in far worse.
    Was -4°C on the car thermometer over a wide area, just in Annamoe it rose about a degree. Some cloud is visible to the south which might have something to do with it.
    Currently -2.9°C on the aws.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

-0.2C
    Dp -1.0C
    Wind WNW increasng c5-8mph

-0.9C atm
    Dp -1.6C
    Clear and Icy and oh goody i have an early morning trip to Portlaois

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

-4C, Fog

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

+0.3c atm with DP of -0.4c and raining :rolleyes:

Min overnight -3.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bah - cold rain!! 2.4c !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I had a min of -5.7C nice new record for my station

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    +0.3c atm with DP of -0.4c and raining :rolleyes:
    Doc with that spread above, that should be snow:confused::)

Snowbie wrote: »
    Doc with that spread above, that should be snow:confused::)

C'est la vie - as they say (in France)! When I saw these conditions I thought at least there would be some sleet, but alas no.

Just shows how marginal these things are. Was looking at XC weather earlier for the UK - some were getting snow at +1c and some were getting rain at -1c (again dewpoints are everything).

I would say there is very good chance of a fresh snow cover on the Dublin Mountains - I might take another trip this morning if I don't get too bogged down in work.

Temp rising rapidly here now, 2.4c, rain has stopped and SE breeze has kicked in (4mph). However I havn't recorded any rain this morning - bucket must be frozen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Recorded a minimum of -3.2 sometime after midnight but by 7am had damp ground and a bit of drizzle. Temp was 2.6 when I left home about an hour ago.

+3.6c now (after overnight min of -3.2c)

Frost and ice gone and ground is fairly wet so I'm thinking it was raining a while ago. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull grey cold frosty. :( Boo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently -0.3c with a -0.4cDP. Partly cloudy. Frost and patches of shallow thinning fog. Bright overall and calm conditions.

Clearing up nicely and wind starting to die. Hopefully it will be frost city after dark!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

6C, Sunny, much milder today than I thought it would be

• Advertisement

3.5c here atm DP 0.6c - temps would have appeared to have paeked at 4.4c today.

Clouds have bubbled up to my east and now looking 'heavy'?

Advertisement