Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If this clear dry persists overnight with no wind I reckon -5 or better is on the cards, cool stuff :D
    Not often I beat MM to sub zero!
    Currently -0.3°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wonderful cloud cover again.
    3.9C
    Dp -2.7C
    62%
    Wind calm
    Now if that cloud cover could just naff off it might get cold here for the first time this cool spell. Damn easterly has gone so cmon cloud break.:rolleyes:

Supercell wrote: »
    If this clear dry persists overnight with no wind I reckon -5 or better is on the cards, cool stuff :D
    Currently -0.3°C
    Breeze gone here now.Temp dropping - still 2.0 c but should drop sharply in darkness shortly if the cloud stays away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cloudy here. current temperature is 5.2 c. the atlantic seems to be taking effect already.

do any of you think we'll see snow on Monday Or Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Supercell wrote: »
    Currently -0.3°C

Yes, we should be on for a -5c tonight if the cloud stays away.

-2.0c here ATM

• Advertisement

-2.1°C with the most awsome fiery red sunset with high clouds.
    Cannot believe its so cold so early..no doubt the clouds will roll in shortly and spoil it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

+0.6c

dp -5c

0.1c
    dp -4.7c (humidity is rising-probably the onset of some fog/mist)

Fall rate dropped right off, currently -2.4°C and i see MM has caught up and shortly will be heading into silly cold territory.
    From here on the drop here is likely to be slow, -5°C is definitely on the cards though. -5.6°C is the lowest I've seen here, that could be threatened tonight.

I've joined the freezing family..

-0.2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

An amazing 2 week dry spell continues ,

Atm cloudy , ESE 6.3mph ,3.6c , max 5.3 at 2pm

-3.5c here ATM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

cloudy here. current temperature is 5.2 c. the atlantic seems to be taking effect already.

do any of you think we'll see snow on Monday Or Tuesday?

Well im not too optimistic about seeing snow, maybe some sleet and wet snow mixed in is the best we can hope for to be honest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

arctictree wrote: »
    -3.5c here ATM!

OMG :P and not even 6pm! Send me your clear skies!!!

+1.3c here atm but under approx 80% cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-1.1C I had got down to -1.9C but got some cloud cover now.

My station site is down at the min, a certain hosting provider has gone down !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

1.5 here at the mo, feels cold too. Being on the coast though, we haven't had a meaningful frost in quite a while (before Xmas IIRC). The breeze has been onshore and its been cloudy.

I was going to check the weather stations on the met.ie but their site is also down obviously hosted with the same provider, I think the freeze might have been shortlived unless that cloud blows away

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

-1 according to the motor car. Too cloudy for frost atm.

-1.9c
    DP -5.6c

Very icy and frosty here now in the south of the county

-3°C here right now, hope these conditions persist..

• Advertisement

My temps have risen 1C in an hour! just at -0.5C now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-0.2c here now - still a very thin layer of high level cloud.

Lots of high cloud overhead, looking at sat images..no records will be broken tonight.
    -3°C is pretty cool though.
    Tbh i welcome back zoneality at this point..at least the topplers give interest...

catching up slowly...

-2.3c

Dp -5.4c

Clear

-4.0c here now. Weather station is back online.

Edit - URL is http://www.roundwoodweather.com The live webcam is showing some lovely chicks at the moment!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Still cloudy here with low stratus, but more broken than before.
    2.2C
    Dp -2.6C
    RH 70%
    Wind calm or South.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Has cleared up except for that thin layer.

Some frost visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

2.3c with a -0.9cDP. Overcast in a light 4mph SE breeze. Max today of 4.0c. Current temp is coldest since 00.00hrs. Amazing how little temp change there was all day!

Just drove out here from Arklow town on snow white roads,you'd swear it had snowed.It's rare enough in the modern winter to see cars frosted and iced over in a sea side town but it's happened several times in the last number of weeks.

There is some cloud about now but it's mostly clear.
    Currently -2c with a dp of -4.8c as the RH has risen to 81%.
    It was 57% earlier.

• Advertisement

-3.2c

It's cold outside baby!

Dewpoint now -6c

Wet bulb -4c

Advertisement