Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options
  • 01-01-2009 1:04am
    Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Cold and frosty start lets hope it gets colder! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boo!

Its now clear and calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

-0.4 now, jeez, it was 2008 when I posted here last, how time does fly! :pac:

It was this very night back in.........98? 99? That we had snow on the ground!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.5c here atm. Min overnight 2.8c Very dark and murky this morning. Light E breeze up to 5mph 1030mb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very dark and dull, current temp 2.2°C, was a hard frost earlier then the cloud moved in and took it away :(
    Very interesting clouds this morning, next week model watching will be fun.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Lightly overcast, quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very overcast! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Supercell wrote: »
    Very dark and dull, current temp 2.2°C, was a hard frost earlier then the cloud moved in and took it away :(
    Very interesting clouds this morning, next week model watching will be fun.

do you mean potential snow-bearing clouds??

last night was interesting as there was lots of high cloud and a stiff breeze blowing yet there was still a hoar frost on the ground.

now it's actually windy and it sure does feel much colder than 4.3c

The greyness is back!

Is it just me or does anyone else wish that, that hp would just feck off!

Yes! bring on a westerly to clean the air up.

Meanwhile its got a bit darker.

mike65 wrote: »
    Yes! bring on a westerly to clean the air up.

Meanwhile its got a bit darker.

Lol. I was hoping more for a freezing cold north easterly with loads of precip in it.

• Advertisement

heh I know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its 12 days now without rain here, one of the longest dry spells I've experienced since moving here a couple of years ago.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Temps not going above 4C the cold is arriving :D

3.8 c. although, with the stiff breeze it feels more like - 1. it has been along time since it felt this chilly from an easterly. paddy1 should be happy today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All is quiet on new years day. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Cloudy
    4.7C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another very quiet gloomy day.

3.9c atm High today of 4.6c after a low of 3.4c last night. Hopefully cloud will clear this evening.

Gone damned nippy out there.

Very cold and still cloudy. At least its blackness instead of greyness.

Would imagine there would be a hell of a frost if the sky cleared!

with the cloud cover and breeze easing off it feels less cold than it did. even though the temperature has dropped to 2.7c. although, obviously it would drop futher if the cloud breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

looks like snow to me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

4.8c
    still cloudy
    SSE 10mph , saw something today that convinces me this cool dry spell is slowly coming to an end .........seagulls........ well inland..........dont laugh , a sure sign of wind n rain :rolleyes:.

3.6c here atm Min overnight 2.3c SE breeze stronger than the past couple of days - 12mph atm Partly cloudy.

Dark and cold.

Not a cloud in the sky. Well from the window I'm looking out anyway.

No frost must have cleared up this morning.

clear skies with a strong breeze blowing. current temperature is 4.7c As usual with the breeze it feels two - three degrees colder.

100% cloudy again! Clouds look thick enough for light drizzle.

Suns out! :D Still damned cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Went for a drive earlier, left home @ 10:30 and the temp was 4C
    Arrived in Blessington @ 11:40, temp was 2C, felt cold and there was evidence of significant overnight frost. A small pond near Tulfarris house was frozen solid (tested by stoning it! :D) and plenty of frost patches were in the shade.

Left Blessington around 13:15 and went to Laragh via the scenic route (Manor Kilbride / Sallys Gap / Military Rd). Temp plunged to 1C en route with the clouds looking like they were about to precipitate but never did). There were several serious looking icy patches en route. Temp climbed to around 2C from Laragh / Anamoe / Roundwood and only started rising to 4C near Kilmacanogue. Temp whilst driving up the M50 @ 15:15 climbed steadily to near 7C. Currently 5C @home.

(All temps are courtesy of the outside air temp display in my car!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Overcast
    5.1C
    Dp -1.1C
    RH 65%
    1032mb
    Wind ESE 12mph

Some dryer continental air moving in across here atm. Total cloud cover, low humidity and dewpoint subzero. Pity about the lack of continental cold though.

Advertisement