Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

DP now between -1.5 to -2C
    RH 64%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

2.4c, cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Colder than its been for a while.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.0c here atm - cloudy and calm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Currently in Newport Beach Harbour, California (Saturday, 3 Jan 2009, 12.30AM PST) 12C with 30% chance of rain. Misty fog at dawn, so blow your horn!

• Advertisement

Was 0.3c here at 8am. Clear air has moved in and temp is now -1.8c

Interesting dewpoints this morning mind you.
    I've a dp of -2.8c in an air temp of 2.9c and an RH of 67% and thats with an East Breeze 2 miles from the sea meaning the air has been travelling over water-so it's definitely continental air or at least air dried out by the cold conditions in Britain.

We also had a red sky this morning.

You know what they say "Shepherds warning" and I dont think they were talking about stargate atlantis..

Have you clear skies then?
    Mostly cloudy here and +3c

But interestingly despite the Easterly breeze of the sea the dp is -2.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sunny and cold. Current temp -0.2°C Dry kind of cold no visible frost and car windows are clear of condensation. Standing water frozen though. Skies clear.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Partly cloudy. No frost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Overcast with 2.7C and a dew point of -2.2C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Much clearer air now here too since my last post. Still calm.

Temp has dropped to 2.4c with a DP of -2.4c

2.2c now - DP still as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Overcast and cold. Surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Interesting dewpoints this morning mind you.
    I've a dp of -2.8c in an air temp of 2.9c and an RH of 67% and thats with an East Breeze 2 miles from the sea meaning the air has been travelling over water-so it's definitely continental air or at least air dried out by the cold conditions in Britain.

We also had a red sky this morning.

You know what they say "Shepherds warning" and I dont think they were talking about stargate atlantis..

Is that a mini ramp I detect from BB, surely not? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

4.7C falling
    Dp -2.7C falling
    59% RH falling
    1030.5mb
    Wind SE

The same theme continues from last night with the dry continental air over us.
    Partly cloudy

dp is down to -3.7c now in a sub 4c air temp

no this is not a mini ramp :p

partly cloudy.
    Everything falling also except snow :o

summary.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭snowfan

Guys,

I am not sure how reliable the Irish Times weather forecast is but it is currently forecasting snow on Tuesday for Dublin with a high that day of 0oC to 3oC. :)

http://www.irishtimes.com/weather/

We might get some wintriness after all!

SF

4.4C with a dew point of -2.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

met.ie:
    SUNDAY NIGHT, MONDAY : Cold. Outbreaks of rain, mainly over the western half of the country. Drier further east, with frost in places Sunday night. Light or moderate southeast to south winds. MONDAY NIGHT : Dry over much or all of the country, but still the chance of some rain along the Atlantic seaboard. Rather cold again, with frost in sheltered areas. Light or moderate southeast to south winds veering south or southwest. TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY : Outbreaks of rain or sleet spreading southeastwards to most parts (with a slight risk of snow) but then largely dying out again later Tuesday or Wednesday. South to southwest winds at first, becoming northerly or variable in direction and dying away. Frost in places again at night - could occur widely, and be accompanied by ice or fog.

It would be great if this thing on Tuesday was more active than they predict and it got stuck halfway across the country. it could mean sorrow for some and great joy for others.

• Advertisement

3.6c here atm DP -2.6c Light SSW breeze - 5mph

Guys, would I be right in saying that there does not seem to be an end in store for this current "cool" period?

There does not seem to be any sign of mild Atlantic reaching Ireland any time soon

BBC is forecasting sleet for Dublin on Tuesday with CNN Weather forecasting snow for the capital

Could be that this January could turn out to be quite cold ? :)

SF

As per my aws posted above-temp is now down to 3.3c with a dewpoint of -4.2c in an RH of 58%

Sky is mostly clear now ,if that keeps up,a bitter frost will ensue here.

Please snowfan ignore those useless online forecasts.
    I'd do better myself with a blindfold and a keyboard.

They are computer generated with no forecaster input unless they are within 24hrs or so.
    Showing them to us is a waste of time :)

Please snowfan ignore those useless online forecasts.
    I'd do better myself with a blindfold and a keyboard.

They are computer generated with no forecaster input unless they are within 24hrs or so.
    Showing them to us is a waste of time :)

No worries BB

I was not aware they were just computer generated
    Thanks for the advice

As a weather nerd, I am learning more and more each day on this board! :)

SF

Only the 5 day ones Snowfan.
    The main forecasts are grand aswell as the speculative long range ones on th eUKMO site-though they change a lot but are at least human influenced.

Meanwhile,the very respectable dewpoint figures continue here -4.4 at the moment with an air temp of 2.9c under partly cloudy skies and a very light SE breeze.

Edit make that -4.8c dp!

Umm my dew point has dropped a lot in a few hours

summary.gif

Very cold day up here. -0.6c here ATM and the sun is still in the sky. Gonna be a cold one tonight.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    Very cold day up here. -0.6c here ATM and the sun is still in the sky. Gonna be a cold one tonight.

A

Yep, 0.0°C here, is my earliest frost ever i think this evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

-1.2c here now. High of 3.1c here today.

Advertisement