Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Deals in Christmas Sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

this is the bit you wont like, delivery is 80 quid from av world to us here in the republic.. i got it for 60 because i called them on the fone and was told 60, as one of their guys didnt know the republic and north were different

so they thankfully honoured their 60 sterling delivery charge, so it was 589 total, still though for 609 sterling, its a good price for this tv, thats what? 620e with the good exchange rate?

heres a few pics i got from google of it, its a great looking set and even has onkyo speakers in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

BArra wrote: »
    this is the bit you wont like, delivery is 80 quid from av world to us here in the republic.. i got it for 60 because i called them on the fone and was told 60, as one of their guys didnt know the republic and north were different

so they thankfully honoured their 60 sterling delivery charge, so it was 589 total, still though for 609 sterling, its a good price for this tv, thats what? 620e with the good exchange rate?

Hold on a second, i made a mistake with the model number. I thought it was this tv you got but it turns out it is this one. Your tv does'nt have the 100hz feature afterall. You still got a good deal but it aint quite the bargain i thought

yea ur spot on, dosent have the 100hz, its the earlier model! ive viewed 100hz on other sets and to me it didnt look right to me, each to their own though

BArra wrote: »
    yea ur spot on, dosent have the 100hz, its the earlier model! ive viewed 100hz on other sets and to me it didnt look right to me, each to their own though

O ya, just as long as you realised. Some people really dont like 100hz afterall. Hope everything goes OK with the delivery and all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

im looking for a tv round 32" size but dont really know whats good and whats not. Wont be buying online by the way. Can anyone recommend any good tv thats good value? HD ready is the only thing I know youve to look for but not sure what else?

Also can you hook all these new flat screen tvs to walls as standard anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

How long do laptopsdirect.ie generally take to deliver large TVs to us in the Republic?

Obviously considering the period at which I'm order I'm not expecting miracles, but I placed an order the other day and it hasn't progressed from the status "We have not yet taken payment" on my order.

Would you say I will have it by this time next week? or will it be a matter of weeks?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ve wrote: »
    How long do laptopsdirect.ie generally take to deliver large TVs to us in the Republic?

Obviously considering the period at which I'm order I'm not expecting miracles, but I placed an order the other day and it hasn't progressed from the status "We have not yet taken payment" on my order.

Would you say I will have it by this time next week? or will it be a matter of weeks?

Cheers

I ordered a tv on monday and received it at noon on wednesday

ve wrote: »

Cheers

Their delivery is pretty quick,once payment is finally taken. Did you pay with an AIB Visa card by any chance?? If so, you may have run into problems. Myself and another boardsie who ordered off them with an AIB visa card, has problems gettin the payment through. Laptopsdirect were sayin the payment had'nt gone through but Visa were sayin it had. If there is'nt progress soon, i'd ring your credit card company

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Thinking about buying a Sony KDL52W4500 from 1staudiovisual.

I can save approx 1000 euro but am concerned about 2 things warranty and tuner
    Will I be covered by sony ireland even though I buy in the uk?
    Will there be any tuner problems to watch out for?
    Anything else i should worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

richieg wrote: »
    Thinking about buying a Sony KDL52W4500 from 1staudiovisual.

I can save approx 1000 euro but am concerned about 2 things warranty and tuner
    Will I be covered by sony ireland even though I buy in the uk?
    Will there be any tuner problems to watch out for?
    Anything else i should worry about?

Warranty should cover yea throughout Europe - prob best to contact 1staudiovisual to confirm that

It will most likely be a MPEG2 DVB-T tuner which won't be compatible when the digital system is launched here in the Rep. BUT, they will be set top boxes just like in the UK for those of us who don't have MPEG4 DVB-T tuners in their TVs both old and "digital" TVs imported from the UK.

If yea get a TV shipped from the UK, ensure you mark the shipping docs when its delivered to your door as "unchecked" or "broken" as until yea turn it on yea will never know if its working. Will save lots of hassle if anything should go wrong and yea receive a bad set due to shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Some people really dont like 100hz afterall.

Could anyone explain why? I thought 100hz and above was meant to be a better tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

joe123 wrote: »
    im looking for a tv round 32" size but dont really know whats good and whats not. Wont be buying online by the way. Can anyone recommend any good tv thats good value? HD ready is the only thing I know youve to look for but not sure what else?

Also can you hook all these new flat screen tvs to walls as standard anymore?
    what Joe123 said.
    i'm in the same position here. even checking online, curry's and harvey norman don't seem to have a website that i can view and order/reserve, don't really know where to start

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

kerbdog wrote: »
    It will most likely be a MPEG2 DVB-T tuner which won't be compatible when the digital system is launched here in the Rep. BUT, they will be set top boxes just like in the UK for those of us who don't have MPEG4 DVB-T tuners in their TVs both old and "digital" TVs imported from the UK.

Actually the w4500 comes with a MPEG4 tuner which should be compatible with the new TV service launched here in Ireland later this year (at least the free part of the service, the pay part of the service may require a set top box).

If you are using digital sat or cable then there won't be a problem.

sedohre wrote: »
    Could anyone explain why? I thought 100hz and above was meant to be a better tv

to me it looks artificial and not quite right, some peoples eyes dont like it, its best you view it for yourself and draw your own conclusion though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If anyone is heading up North for a TV, I can recommend SR Electronics in belfast, aka Sam's Yer Man (www.samsyerman.co.uk).

I was up there yesterday fishing about, and stock seems to be decimated everywhere especially in cheap 32 inchers (Sainsbury, Tesco, Harvey Norman, Currys, Argos, etc.). Went into SR and got a Philips 32 inch LCD for 369. They also have Sharp ones for 349, Samsung for 399, and Panasonic Viera's for 349 as well.

These guys have a good showroom, a very large warehouse, and some very good TV's. I was in the market for a 32 inch, but I saw a 46 inch LG for 599 :eek:

spockety wrote: »
    If anyone is heading up North for a TV, I can recommend SR Electronics in belfast, aka Sam's Yer Man (www.samsyerman.co.uk).

I was up there yesterday fishing about, and stock seems to be decimated everywhere especially in cheap 32 inchers (Sainsbury, Tesco, Harvey Norman, Currys, Argos, etc.). Went into SR and got a Philips 32 inch LCD for 369. They also have Sharp ones for 349, Samsung for 399, and Panasonic Viera's for 349 as well.

These guys have a good showroom, a very large warehouse, and some very good TV's. I was in the market for a 32 inch, but I saw a 46 inch LG for 599 :eek:

Just ordered my new telly off these guys. I was lookin for a samsung 40a686 from richersounds but theyre out of stock for a couple of weeks. I saw your post earlier and had seen another few posts on the HE forum recommending them so i said i'd give them a call.

The first good news was that they had/have(Think there was 1 or 2 left) them in stock. They were quoting 850£, though. I told them that Richersounds had the same set for 100£ less . So, the friendly girl went away to see if they could price match them. She called me back in about 10 minutes and amazingly, they could pricematch richersounds, despite, RS being out of stock. I was expectin delivery to be about 50£ but amazingly,but it was only 15£, all the way down to Cork! I took no time and ordered via credit card straight away. She said delivery would be on wednesday. I cant wait

Whats more, she said i could ring them on Monday to get a tracking number so the delivery company would know when the best time to deliver is. Honestly, i've never come across such friendly efficient service. Cant wait for my new tv either.:D:D:D

So, thats 765£, or about 800e delivered, for a tv thats about 1100e in the shops down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

egoods wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Most of us are looking for a large TV for Sitting Room etc. I've been looking for 3-4 weeks for my sister for the Sony KDL40Z4500. This TV is IMO the best 40" you can buy.

See here:

http://www.sonycentres.ie/product.asp?did=161_7_959_2838_961

The price of this telly is €2099 (powercity), and more in Sony shops.

Found it here, http://www.1staudiovisual.co.uk/catalog/sony-kdl40z4500-inch-p-5169.html for £1195 plus £149 shipping. Thats only €1300 at todays rates..... delivered.

If anyone knows a better 40" at this price let me know!

You can order the KDL40Z4500 for £1230 from Richersounds.com,collect in their Belfast store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Best TV is the Sony BRAVIA Z4500 LCD with 200Hz.. high price though, cant find it anywhere up norfh.

Richersounds.com have the set on their site,you can order for collection in their Belfast store-£1230.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/816190-sony-bravia-z4500-lcd-200hz-motionflow-31.html

more comments on z series sony

just a cautionary note it seems some are having problems with it(same could be said of almost any LCD also)

That time of year again lads! :D

Here are the deals I can see in the independent..

Power city:
    Samsung 46" Full HD(presumably 46B530) -- €749
    LG 50" HD Ready plasma -- €649
    LG 32" HD Ready -- €339
    Toshiba 32" HD Ready -- €319
    Sony 32" HD Ready -- €399
    Unknown brand 32" HD Ready --€279
    LG 42" HD Ready plasma --€489
    Samsung 50" HD Ready Plasma --€699
    Unknown Brand 37" HD Ready--- €399

D.I.D
    Samsung 40" Full HD (surely 40B530)--- €499
    Nordmende 32" HD Ready---€299
    Sony 46" Full HD(Unknown model BUT no mention of 100HZ so probably 40V5500) + Sony bluray player(surely BDP-S360) + 3 BLU-ray movies + 3 year warranty ---€999
    LG 15.4" HD ready with dvd player --€149

Harvey Norman
    LG 50" HD Ready plasma --- €691
    LG 42" 1080p --€549
    Finlux 46" Full HD ---€499
    Philips 32" HD Ready --€399
    LG 42" HD Ready Plasma --€549
    Samsung 32" HD Ready --€399
    Hisense 26" HD Ready -- €299

Cant seem to find the Currys deals anywhere, anyone have them in any of the papers? There kinda of most interest to me because theres no DID or Power City near me and the Harvey Norman deals are rubbish! I'd appreciate it if someone who can find them could post them up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Arnotts have a 40" Samsung for 99 euro for the first 10 customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Yeah, just about to post that

SPECIALSSALEWINTER09.jpg

Get in early!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

spockety wrote: »

Are there any prices on their website (I can't find any) or do you have to ring them for every item you want a price check on? cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

bah wish that was a limerick store doing that, assume people queue up all night for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

According to the Sun today in Currys

Samsung 32" full HD 1080p LCD TV, model 32B530 is €399.99
    Samsung 42" HD Ready Plasma Model 42B451 is €499.99
    Samsung 50" HD Ready Plasma Model 50B430 is €679.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

is it 20 euro for power citys charge for tvs for nation wide delivery to all the country or is that just for counties surrounding dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Don't forget Richersounds here on boards............

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Even if your getting to the que at 6am there will be 100 people ahead of ya. My mate tried it last year and said he would never bother again. You would wanna be there from tomorrow night to get this kinda bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

event wrote: »

is the 32" the plasma model too?

• Advertisement

event wrote: »

Thanks a million, is it just those three though?

There'd usually be 5 or 6 offers but i guess thats the recession for ya..
    Skud wrote: »
    is the 32" the plasma model too?

No, that 32" is definitely an LCD

Advertisement