Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Deals in Christmas Sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Another good option is buying from Richer Sounds, who deliver anywhere in Ireland to boards.ie members for £20. They own the Philips store in Dublin (corner of Dame and Georges), warranty claims can be returned here for example.

I recently got the great 42" Panasonic TH42PZ80 (review of it here) from them for £800, 5 yr warranty, decent price even though not a sale (e.g. Argos sell the same one for €1,499). Saves you driving to Newry. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

mrbongo wrote: »
    Another good option is buying from Richer Sounds, who deliver anywhere in Ireland to boards.ie members for £20. They own the Philips store in Dublin (corner of Dame and Georges), warranty claims can be returned here for example.

I recently got the great 42" Panasonic TH42PZ80 (review of it here) from them for £800, 5 yr warranty, decent price even though not a sale (e.g. Argos sell the same one for €1,499). Saves you driving to Newry. :)

How do you avail of the 20 pounds boards.ie delivery deal? Ring/email the belfast store? Or can it be done online?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ring or e-mail and tell them you are a Boardsie. The offer does not apply to items in the current sale, afaik.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

As posted in another thread, I'm quite tempted by this:
    http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1032566125.1230428123@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccejadegdghjlfhcflgceggdhhmdfnn.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=373916&category_oid=

I've been in the market for a 1080X1920 32"/36" for quite some time now - it's going to be used as a monitor rather than a TV, so really need the res. Any reviews on this, better value to be had elsewhere?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

PG4000 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by PG4000
    Hi all,

Going to have a bit of a rant here, but here it goes....

My brother decided to get a new TV today in the sales, so I went with him to see what offers were on. We went to Power City first to have a look. My brother had his eye on a 32 inch LG which they were selling for €399. We took note and went to D.I.D. to see if they were doing the same deal.

So we get there and see that the LG is €499. Knowing that they match prices and give you double the difference if other electical retailers are selling cheaper, we tell him that Power City are selling it at €399. The salesperson says "Oh well we need a written quote from them to prove it".

So to save a trip back to Power City, I got my phone out and got online and show him the Power City website showing the LG for €399. He goes off to check if this is valid enough proof and comes back saying "Yep, thats fine but you have to go to our Fonthill warehouse to collect it because he have none left here".

So we agree and then enquire about the double the difference back, and he says "Oh yeah, I just have to check that with the manager as i've never processed this before."

Saleperson comes back clutching a DID tag saying, "Actually, this TV is €399". Confused, my brother asks, "Well why is it priced up at €499 on the display model?"

"Oh eh, thats what price it usually is, but today its €399 for the first ten people who buy it and we have one left." (This was at 2pm today, so i'm pretty sure it was well snapped up early this morning.)

My brother starts kicking up a fuss about false advertisment and what not and then the manager tells us "that people cancel orders blah blah blah and that we have one left and thats why it is €399 still."

Brother walks out of the store telling the manager that its a scam and makes sure he lets other people standing around know it too. As we walk out the manager is still telling us that we can have it at €399 to which my brother repsonds that he'd rather deal with Power City.

The funny thing is, the salesperson never put the €399 price back on the display model, he put it back behind the counter.

So, I wonder has anyone every gotten "double the difference back" from DID or do they pull this scam on anyone that claims it. Don't think i'll be doing any business again with them in a hurry and i'll make sure I tell anyone I know to try and tarnish there image of having "guaranteed friendly knowledgeable service and Ireland’s lowest prices on top brand electrical goods."

Rant over!!

The only way to get this deal is to buy the set in DID for the higher price, then get the quote from power city within 7 days, and go back to DID. DID will then do a price comparison of the reciept and the PC quote, and issue you with €200 DID voucher. You will never get these kind of deals without llaying down the money first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

anyone see any good deals for a 40" 1080p in newry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

higster wrote: »
    anyone see any good deals for a 40" 1080p in newry?

Currys had a Samsung 42" for £599, series 5 I think, great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Tesco have sony bravia u4000 32" for E449 down from, i think 599. and a goodmans 42" for E799.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

got the Sony 40v4000 from L.T.D for EUR638 to the door. had my eye on this for couple of months, when I started looking at this in Nov it was EUR870 to the door, good old sterling! might have saved a few bob more going to richer sounds, but not much I guess when you factor in petrol (450 mile round trip for me), parking, lunch, 12 hours of my holidays gone etc...not worth it. Saw it in soundstore yesterday for about EUR1100 (with 5yr warranty), sales guy said won't last long at those prices, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

podger456 wrote: »
    got the Sony 40v4000 from L.T.D for EUR638 to the door. had my eye on this for couple of months, when I started looking at this in Nov it was EUR870 to the door, good old sterling! might have saved a few bob more going to richer sounds, but not much I guess when you factor in petrol (450 mile round trip for me), parking, lunch, 12 hours of my holidays gone etc...not worth it. Saw it in soundstore yesterday for about EUR1100 (with 5yr warranty), sales guy said won't last long at those prices, lol.

L.T.D ? is this laptops direct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Any trouble ordering from Laptopsdirect?? I had problems ordering from them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I picked up an LG 32" 1080p for 579 euro in Harvey Norman. I was on the look out for a 32" for the bedroom wasnt sure about going for the 1080p as plenty have said there is no point at 32" but im glad i did the difference is incredible. Had 200 euro worth of vouchers so i had to get it in a bricks and mortar and Harvey or sony centre are the only ones that would take those one4all vouchers so im very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is that the 32LG7000 with Bluetooth and USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

im a bit clueless on this, but what use would bluetooth be in the tv? loading pics from a laptop to show on the tv or something?

havent seen many tv's of late with a bluetooth feature :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BArra wrote: »
    im a bit clueless on this, but what use would bluetooth be in the tv? loading pics from a laptop to show on the tv or something?

Some sound systems can connect via bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luvcork

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on buying a basic tv for family use. kids have a wii they use the tv for, otherwise it's just for tv viewing. Was thinking of a tv dvd combi to simplify connections and leads. Any advice appreciated. I am completely at sea in the technology world!!! Many thanks.

Luvcork

sedohre wrote: »
    L.T.D ? is this laptops direct?
    Yes, laptopsdirect, sorry didn't mean to be cryptic, just some people cringe at the sound or sight of their name!
    And Zonda, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

luvcork wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for advice on buying a basic tv for family use. kids have a wii they use the tv for, otherwise it's just for tv viewing. Was thinking of a tv dvd combi to simplify connections and leads. Any advice appreciated. I am completely at sea in the technology world!!! Many thanks.

Luvcork
    i havent seen many good deals at all.
    if your just looking for something small for the kids then something like this might do
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/661262/art/takara/tnd19hdmi-lcd-television.html

am thinking of getting one for the bedrrom myself.

if your looking for larger, then avoid the combos and just take one of the recommendations on this thread.
    the combos, to me, seem to be very low quality

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thats pretty good,its currently 579.70 excluding delivery....how much is delivery with laptops direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

jackncoke wrote: »
    Thats pretty good,its currently 579.70 excluding delivery....how much is delivery with laptops direct?

Its around 60 or 70e for a big tv afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

BArra wrote: »

One of the most useful things you can do with it is use Bluetooth headphones with the TV. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Sony 40W4500 in Soundstore, €1099-with a free 5 year warranty until Jan 16th, apparently.

Seems a good deal.

jackncoke wrote: »

just had a look at the invoice - 'twas STG49.97. So, less that EUR55 on the day, don't have the exact euro equivalent to hand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at www.directtvs.co.uk. Prices are not bad at all and they do deliver to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Have a look at www.directtvs.co.uk. Prices are not bad at all and they do deliver to Ireland
    I'd say they are the same company as L.T.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Woodgate wrote: »
    I'd say they are the same company as L.T.D.

They are indeed the same company as laptopsdirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

TH-42PZ81B - 929 sterling, beats out the RicherSounds price...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

Does anyone know if laptopsdirect take aib laser/maestro as a form of payment or is it just credit card?

Advertisement