Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Deals in Christmas Sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

ve wrote: »
    Does anyone know if laptopsdirect take aib laser/maestro as a form of payment or is it just credit card?

They have maestro down in their list of accepted cards anyway

However, i also have an aib maestro card and have had problems with stores that say they accept maestro. Amazon.co.uk for example. Quite annoying i suppose but i refuse to pay the government 40e a year just for the privelage of owning a credit card:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zonda999 wrote: »
    They have maestro down in their list of accepted cards anyway

However, i also have an aib maestro card and have had problems with stores that say they accept maestro. Amazon.co.uk for example. Quite annoying i suppose but i refuse to pay the government 40e a year just for the privelage of owning a credit card:mad::mad:

Maestro Uk and Ireland are separte. Amazon is the same as play.com which also accepts Maestro but wont take an irish card.

Also the Gov duty is now €30

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

i will be in uk on saturday next and coming back by car and ferry.

if i buy over there, are there any implications due to having a tv in the boot when i get back here, eg. tax etc...

also would people advise as to whether ye think this is a good idea as the savings are so much it is very tempting but dont want to get stuck with a faulty tv i cant get repaired cos i bought in the Uk.

if i bought in say Currys Uk, could warranty be used at a Currys store here?

Also what do people think of this deal?

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0782313407.1230684777@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccedadegdfjdhffcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&fm=12&sm=0&tm=1&sku=920724&category_oid=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Looks like a cracking deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

i will be in uk on saturday next and coming back by car and ferry.

if i buy over there, are there any implications due to having a tv in the boot when i get back here, eg. tax etc...

None whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 senorG

I'm thinking of getting this 46"tv:
    http://www.1staudiovisual.co.uk/catalog/samsung-le46a559p4f-46inch-p-3523.html

Its £741with 1staudiovisual, its £999 with Currys UK. Delivery will be £120 but a mate will be getting something off them too so we'll split the delivery. I got a tv delivered off them a couple of years ago and all went well.

Seems very good value unless i'm missing something? any thoughts appreciated.

Have you sen todays ibood offer.#

Delivery is 15e afaik so thats 915e to your door.. the ibood one is the 40a558 but technically its exactly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

There is no problem with Tax, the European Single market sorted that (Except VRT on Cars). You only pay tax on products outside the EU over €22 or something like that.

The warranty are now with the manufacture for a lot of things. I bought a samsung fridge freezer and it broke down. I rang samsung and they contacted the warranty sub contractor and they fixed it. The shop you buy it in passes the book which technically is a breach of the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1989, but who cares as long as someone fixes it!

The only problem you might have is if it breaks down after the warranty is out, but i'm sure some one on the Boards will point you in the right direction if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

senorG wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting this 46"tv:
    http://www.1staudiovisual.co.uk/catalog/samsung-le46a559p4f-46inch-p-3523.html

Its £741with 1staudiovisual, its £999 with Currys UK. Delivery will be £120 but a mate will be getting something off them too so we'll split the delivery. I got a tv delivered off them a couple of years ago and all went well.

Seems very good value unless i'm missing something? any thoughts appreciated.

Was just gonna buy a TV from 1stAudioVisual.co.uk and then I saw another thread with someone suggesting http://www.directtvs.co.uk
    DirectTVs was cheaper for the TV I wanted (only a tenner) but their shipping to Ireland is £50 and not the £119 that 1stAudioVisual wanted. Might save someone some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 41 senorG

Cheers,
    Direct are a tenner more expensive for the tv but £70 cheaper with the delivery :
    http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_46_Inch_1080P_Full_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_LE46A558P3F/version.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Hi there anyone out there got an opinion on the Sony 32in KDL32V4000 HD Digital LCD TV. currently on sale in Argos for €499.

is there better bargains to be got, does anyone think.

We currently have a 16 yr old power city 19inch job that has served us well over the years, but the family have persauded me to splash out and keep up with the times.
    To be honest 32 inch would be big enough for me as I don't want to turn me sitting room into a mini cinema.
    Tried to reserve it up north but all argos up there are out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Have one of these reserved from Argos Mahonpoint, as I thought the deal was exceptional value, however as Peats are selling them for 550 it's not that great a deal (Komplett at 510), was originally looking for a 20-26'' LCD for the kitchen to replace a 32'' ws CRT (takes up too much space) the Sony 20'' costs 499 in the Sony Centre and this is a 32'' for the same money.

It's not full 1080P HD but is the next best thing 1080i, and on a tv of this size it won't make any difference, has all the HDMI and scart inputs you need and if you go this far, get a BLU Ray DVD player as well to upscale your old DVD's for the High Def TV and allow you to play the latest Blu Ray HD material through the TV, don't forget to connect with a decent HDMI cable to get the best picture.

Xtravision have had a Sony BDP-S350 with Six free Blu Rays for 249, Peats have this at 219 (with less free DVD's).

Be aware that this TV will need an additional decoder when we switch to Digital Terrestrial in the coming years, if you are on SKY or UPC then you have no concerns, if you live on the east coast or the border areas it will pick up Freeview from the UK when the weather allows.

Not too long ago a TV of this quality was 1,000 euro and Blu Ray's were 500, so the reductions are providing great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

In the same boat as senorG - was going to go with 1stAudioVisual until I saw the links to DirectTVs. Where can you find delivery charges stated for 40"+ TVs though? Only see charges for sub-40" ones on their FAQ page.

Mikey23 wrote: »
    In the same boat as senorG - was going to go with 1stAudioVisual until I saw the links to DirectTVs. Where can you find delivery charges stated for 40"+ TVs though? Only see charges for sub-40" ones on their FAQ page.

Afaik, they charge £44.95 for tvs over 40" as well. I'd recommend ordering over the phone btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 itsmedee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i got myself a 40" Toshiba XF355D

slim bezel model tv, full 1080p hd for around 590e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Where you get that BArra?

BArra wrote: »

Thats was a great deal.This tv i presume

Where was this may i ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

itsmeedee, can you tell me if you got this delivered ti irish address? can these lads deliver to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thats was a great deal.This tv i presume

Where was this may i ask??
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

epopnomis wrote: »
    itsmeedee, can you tell me if you got this delivered ti irish address? can these lads deliver to ireland?

i got it delivered to my friends address in the north. delivery is not free to none uk addresses:mad:.
    befriend somebody in the north:D.

Woodgate wrote: »
    Don't see any 50" on the site

yeah, could have sold out:(. but try again later as they have good deals on a daily basis. its the 5 year guarantee that sold it for me.

fo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOSHIBA-40XF355-40-LCD-TV-With-Ultra-Slim-Bezel_W0QQitemZ220337053711

got it from here, have yet to receive it though, its a shop in the uk, info is in the link above, however it warms some of the stock is returned as bankrupt stock from another retailer or some such

all reviews ive read from people getting tvs from them is A1, their feedback is testiment to that, thousands of good feedback

need to get an onkyo 606 now but i havent a clue wat kinda speakers to get, plus i dont wanna drop a wad of cash on them really

as a warning for anyone though, ive researched info on it and some of these models have backlight bleed issues, i weighed up the + and - though and i decided to go for it, mainly down to being able to have a 40" in a 37" space

it is a bit fatter on width though, not much though

im upgrading from a 32" which i felt was too small after 2 years of viewing it, so this 40" shud be just the ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

itsmedee wrote: »
    i got it delivered to my friends address in the north. delivery is not free to none uk addresses:mad:.
    befriend somebody in the north:D.

Itsmedee, did they accept your Irish credit card or did you use your mates?

I tried ordering from Dixons online to deliver to my cousin in the north but the address has to be the one on your credit card. Dixons don't deliver to Ireland, order was declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

need to get an onkyo 606 now but i havent a clue wat kinda speakers to get, plus i dont wanna drop a wad of cash on them really

Decent speakers are generally thought to make a system - so pay as much as you can :) Some good deals from http://richersounds.ie/asp/categorydetail.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=5&sub=100&c=1
    IIRC delivery about £20 or so
    The Onkyos are very nice, have the 875 myself.

nice amp, dont know much about that one, i just know its better than the 606 haha!

the 606 does pretty much everything you need for hd audio though afaik, lpcm and bitstreams hd audio

• Advertisement

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOSHIBA-40XF355-40-LCD-TV-With-Ultra-Slim-Bezel_W0QQitemZ220337053711

got it from here, have yet to receive it though, its a shop in the uk, info is in the link above, however it warms some of the stock is returned as bankrupt stock from another retailer or some such

all reviews ive read from people getting tvs from them is A1, their feedback is testiment to that, thousands of good feedback

Thanks for that.

I must say i'm extremely tempted! I was set on a 6 series Samsung but this Toshiba is as advanced(And better than the Samsung in some areas like SD PQ) and over 200e cheaper. I calculate that Delivery to Ireland is 30e. Is I right?

Please let us know what the service and TV is like!

Advertisement