Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Peteee wrote: »
    I'm afraid your going to have to hand in your man badge and have it replaced with a box of tampons.

Honestly, between Fianna Fail and this you'd swear you had no self respect whatsoever!

He doesn't, damn East Enders it's the work of the devil.
    cson wrote: »
    Hehe, I gets da anaolgy :D

T'was a bit fooking mad tbh. Where do they come up with that ****e like? And how do they get paid for it?! And I've yet to see coppers just appear outta the blue and arrest someone for rape on the basis of a phone call...:eek:

Poor Bianca...:pac:

You too.....oh wait you wear the pink kaks so I guess that explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mossin wrote: »
    I'm cold, cant study, am in bed, and have an exam in about 10 hours time...:(

Worlds smallest violin....:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ODhIFawfs&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm cold, cant study, am in bed, and have an exam in about 10 hours time...:(

I can understand the cold part...luckily I've heated up the peripherals!! :D
    Mossin will get that...

Re: Eastenders... frickin 'ell! Poor Bianca is right... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can understand the cold part...luckily I've heated up the peripherals!! :D

Have you been in the Oaks again:pac::pac:

BD will get that

excuse the shorthand (ish)

-economic inequality based resource dist/alloc

-issue with data is timliness and methodology

/ends

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Have you been in the Oaks again:pac::pac:

BD will get that

Harsh, ninty, HARSH! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Anyone see Eastenders tonight?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If not watch the repeat to explain the grins

Material for one essay covered 2 to go, then to learn them and be at UL for 0845 in the morning.....0700 start methinks, just had a shower to avoid delay in the morning and all, that's how scared I am of being late!!

@ 1Huge1: when is this acc exam? Thursday@ 9??

I can give you about an hour/ maybe 2 tomorrow afternoon from 2 if it's any good, though I may be no good. Bring notes.

pm sent
    Thanks mate pm sent, ill get back to ya tomorrow

the exam is thursday at 9 and all I wanna do is pass really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

The corner of my laptop is electrocuting me when it's plugged into the charger. It's very painful and is making me feel like I'm being punished for studying. Help? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ergonomics wrote: »
    The corner of my laptop is electrocuting me when it's plugged into the charger. It's very painful and is making me feel like I'm being punished for studying. Help? :(

Not touching it would be an idea :rolleyes:

Well dur, but it's the point where my arm touches the laptop when I'm typing. I could just not type but where would you be without my posts to make dirty jokes about?

• Advertisement

well someone has an opinion of themselves :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

On screen keyboard!

Your laptop electrocuting you is not a good thinng, you should probably get it looked at!

And you only chirp in when she brings up the possibility of discontinuing the female-initiated dirty jokes... :rolleyes:

Well someone bloody has to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Perhaps not for studying, just punishment in general.

Yeah stop touching the thing, probably an electrical short of some sort. Any kind of conductive material on the corner of your laptop i.e. metal of some manner?

And you only chirp in when she brings up the possibility of discontinuing the female-initiated dirty jokes... :rolleyes:

I don't chirp, I bleat.

You should know that too seeing as you're well aware I hail from Galway :pac:
    Well someone bloody has to :(

There, there *offers scratchcards*

Well they always cheer me up...

I don't chirp, I bleat.

You should know that too seeing as you're well aware I hail from Galway :pac:

No, chirp is a lot more appropriate. Chirping, frollicking, prancing...all these present participles are most appropriate for a young, poncey law student with pink accessories. Far more suitable than bleating.

No, chirp is a lot more appropriate. Chirping, frollicking, prancing...all these present participles are most appropriate for a young, poncey law student with pink accessories. Far more suitable than bleating.

McDuffie....is he in here

*looks around*

Oh....you meant Paul....thaaaat explains it.

McDuffie....is he in here

Ah now. Noffair taking jibes at someone who's not even registered, that's uncalled for!! And he's not into pink!

Ah now. Noffair taking jibes at someone who's not even registered, that's uncalled for!! And he's not into pink!

Ah, but he's one of them poncey law students, and one you'd know....and I'm sure he's knocking around here somewhere!!

• Advertisement

Methinks I may be able to hit 5000 posts by the end of exams if this procrastinations continues.

Pink is just a colour.

"Freedom? Freedom's just a word. If I had to die for a word, it'd be 'poontang'"

Methinks I may be able to hit 5000 posts by the end of exams if this procrastinations continues.

I'm aiming for 1000 by the New Year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Just back after getting my 4th cup of coffee between now and 10 pm when I got back from the library 6th of the day - I swear to god if I fall asleep before I get everything done I'll be pissed!!!

Just learned about consistant poverty trends and how its not all bad news!!!!

Hope thats it - cause I'm running out of coffee!!!

Ninty and/or Mossin; either of you do the Finance module with Dr Fergie?

DJCR wrote: »

Just learned about consistant poverty trends and how its not all bad news!!!!
    the disimprovement between 1994 and 2000 being due to tax cuts and no welfare improvements, which have reversed the trend since.

the disimprovement between 1994 and 2000 being due to tax cuts no welfare improvements, which have reversed the trend since.
    and

However, from a non-monetary indications its not all bad due to the "consistent poverty" measure

ie. Low income and BASIC DEPREVATION (non monetary) being taken into account.

Between 1999 and 2001 this fell dranatically from 24 to 8.3 ...... significant drop!!!

However in 2006, 7% of the Irish population (around 280,000) were still living in consistant poverty!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

But in essence your right - we're still f00ked!!!

and

However, from a non-monetary indications its not all bad due to the "consistent poverty" measure

ie. Low income and BASIC DEPREVATION (non monetary) being taken into account.

Between 1999 and 2001 this fell dranatically from 24 to 8.3 ...... significant drop!!!

However in 2006, 7% of the Irish population (around 280,000) were still living in consistant poverty!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

But in essence your right - we're still f00ked!!!

As median income rose 97% (75% in real terms), unemployment benefits only rose 20%, puttin the unemployed in more relative poverty but not in consistent poverty.

It is possible to have a plasma tv, Italian kitchen, new BMW and be stably employed but still be "at risk of poverty" taking relative poverty as the measure as opposed to absolute poverty

this little study group is working wuite well!!

MORE TEAAAA

Gotta love Ireland

The richer you get in "real" terms the poorer you get in "fake" terms. :D:D:D:D:D

What a stupid way of working out poverty.

Could you imagine if you had average income at 1million a year and all other things being the same the poverty line would be an annual salary of €600,000.

I swear it's a con!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Gotta love Ireland

The richer you get in "real" terms the poorer you get in "fake" terms. :D:D:D:D:D

What a stupid way of working out poverty.

Could you imagine if you had average income at 1million a year and all other things being the same the poverty line would be an annual salary of €600,000.

I swear it's a con!! :D:D

I'd nearly chance throwing that on the paper:pac::pac:

"theoretically.............":rolleyes:

Poor my arse.

Don't say Fianna Fáil never did nothin for ye, shower of miserable greedy public.:p

Advertisement