Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mossin wrote: »
    This is why I chose Marketing as a major!

Take solace from that Mossin! :D

Although the exams you're about to do aren't a walk in the park from what I remember. G/L on the 16th btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Take solace from that Mossin! :D

Although the exams you're about to do aren't a walk in the park from what I remember. G/L on the 16th btw!

Wait a second!! Whoa!! Hold the Fort!!

Have you seen the exams especially for next week?
    I know you've probably seen Maria's, but what about Conor's??

Any chance you'd PM me with them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

The CAP question was fine, you just had to bring the impact the negotiations had on the developing countries.

Not implying that you didn't read the question, but maybe you got a different exam paper!

The question was:

"Discuss the link between the internal reforms of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in the EU and global negotiations on trade liberalisation."

Now where you can get the impact on developing countries outta that I would love to know - my main qualm with the question was that it had nothing to do with the impact of negotiations or reforms (which all the readings werepretty-much based on). I would really like to see how you were able bring-in impacts on developing countries whilst answering that!

And brekkie was Porridge, crunchy and malt flakes - which I spewed into the toilet bowl about 3 minutes after due to nerves (dunno if it counts if you don't keep it down!) :-D

I really dont do post-mortems on most exams and this one will be no different now.

I have had my bitch about it and thats it.

The way I got impact on developing countries into the answer is because it had to talk about global negotiations, and cos ~80% of the WTO is made up of developing nations. So EU CAP reform had an impact on negotiations which in turn affects the WTO.

Of course I read the question and got the same paper, its all about how you twist the question to suit what answer you have for it.

Wait a second!! Whoa!! Hold the Fort!!

Have you seen the exams especially for next week?
    I know you've probably seen Maria's, but what about Conor's??

Any chance you'd PM me with them :p

lol... I meant from when I did them. :p

Isn't one of Conor's exams 4 questions to do 3... Not a lot of room for error there.

So, sorry, but I don't know what's coming up! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

its all about how you twist the question to suit what answer you have for it.

You should go into script-writing, because that is one hell of a crazy twist! ;-) I've it outta my system... for a while - better focus on the next exam now!

ULPaddy wrote: »
    You should go into script-writing, because that is one hell of a crazy twist! ;-) I've it outta my system... for a while - better focus on the next exam now!

Marketing... Ya, pretty much the same skills there :cool:

lol... I meant from when I did them. :p

Isn't one of Conor's exams 4 questions to do 3... Not a lot of room for error there.

So, sorry, but I don't know what's coming up! :o

Both of Conor's exams are 4 questions and answer 3. Its tough going alright.
    He narrowed the topics down to 6, but to cover myself I have to learn 5, and for Channel Marketing they overlap WAY TOO MUCH.

As for Maria, I'm just gonna learn about Service Quality and Branding. Probably know something about those critical incidents too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I was happy enough, apart from the evaluation of trade interventions question....inequality was fine, as was capital and infrastructure devt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

oh god accouting this morning, honestly I was just making up numbers by the end of it,

Thanks for the help ninty9er I did well in the P&L and balance sheet so I might just pass it with a bit of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The Accounting...

That's the first time Ive seen Revaluation on Fixed Assets in 2 years.

The Cash Flow Statement wasn't as bad, I was 200 off, although Im sure Im still completely off...

The theory, oh lord those "Short questions", I did't bank on a bloody Debtor's Control Account coming up!!!

John Heneghan pacing around the centre didn't make it any easier!!:(

Still, the worst is over, just as long as I pass it...Im happy.

Oh ya, and thanks again to Mossin for the notes, they were a great help when it came to the Cash Flow Statement and Final Accounts, at least for the stuff I anticipated:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Where all my notes gone? And why aren't they online? *cries*

My exams finally start tomorrow and I am freaking out. To the library I go.

Edit: Found my notes, panic over...for now.

1huge1 wrote: »
    oh god accouting this morning, honestly I was just making up numbers by the end of it,

Thanks for the help ninty9er I did well in the P&L and balance sheet so I might just pass it with a bit of luck.
    The Accounting...

That's the first time Ive seen Revaluation on Fixed Assets in 2 years.

The Cash Flow Statement wasn't as bad, I was 200 off, although Im sure Im still completely off...

The theory, oh lord those "Short questions", I did't bank on a bloody Debtor's Control Account coming up!!!

John Heneghan pacing around the centre didn't make it any easier!!:(

Still, the worst is over, just as long as I pass it...Im happy.

At least its over with now!
    I'm sure that you both did fine :)
    Oh ya, and thanks again to Mossin for the notes, they were a great help when it came to the Cash Flow Statement and Final Accounts, at least for the stuff I anticipated:o

I'm glad the notes were of some use to you :)
    Like I said I'm available to help anyone if I can.
    Macroeconomics next semester for you...Thats a good module with Anthony Leddin

ya thanks ninty9er and mossin.

I really liked microeconomics actually so hopefully ill like macro aswel.

What's the Business Mathematic's module like?

My dad lectures Linear Algebra, and he knows the woman teaching it next semester.

He used to lecture it a few years back, and he says it's a pretty good module?

Should I take his word for it?
    How is it as a module, considering that Math's isn't my forté...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

You know you're really procrastinating when you find yourself reading the forum of a university you don't even go to :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

dyl10 wrote: »
    You know you're really procrastinating when you find yourself reading the forum of a university you don't even go to :eek:

UCD, heh, sure your only looking where the grass is greener!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

What's the Business Mathematic's module like?

My dad lectures Linear Algebra, and he knows the woman teaching it next semester.

He used to lecture it a few years back, and he says it's a pretty good module?

Should I take his word for it?
    How is it as a module, considering that Math's isn't my forté...

Ugh BizMaths...

Put it this way; if you did HL Maths for the LC, don't even bother going to the lectures.

Although, Romina....mmmmmm

Ana Maria, not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Peteee wrote: »
    UCD, heh, sure your only looking where the grass is greener!

Well, I enjoyed full use of your library for 3 days of last week anyway :p

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Ugh BizMaths...

Put it this way; if you did HL Maths for the LC, don't even bother going to the lectures.

Im assuming Romina is the Italian, slightly provocative one?

Well...I got a D2 in HL Maths, and had the world's worst teacher, so I may have to pay a bit of attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Feck, I've had to catch up on all 16 pages of this thread...welcome break. Two exams down and three to go; I'm in a better position than many of my fellow 3rd year Business colleagues as my minor was 100% assignment so only 5 exams, and, boy, did it make all the difference.

Just International Management and my two Marketing modules to go, so.
    1 down and 5 to go, BIM was so easy someone who didnt even do the course would ace it.

Just found out I got 19.2%/40% for my communications project so might actually open a book for the exam now.

Management wouldnt be so bad if he gave us an idea of what was coming up, a exam paper would be nice.

Are the vicious rumours flying around 3rd year Business circles correct in that they changed the Management course after our year and made it a 100% exam, and took out the 40% project? :mad:
    Does Morley put notes up on public folders? We had him for org. behaviour last year and he gave us nada. Not that Siobhán Tiernan's notes were much use for that management module, and we have her again this semester for International management, with the added bonus of Morley himself shouting at us for two weeks of lectures. And as for that book....

Im assuming Romina is the Italian, slightly provocative one?

Well...I got a D2 in HL Maths, and had the world's worst teacher, so I may have to pay a bit of attention...

Business Maths 1 is fine; it starts off really easy, like Junior Cert Stuff, and builds its way up from there, but because you did HL maths for the LC, it won't be a bother. The Maths Learning Centre runs support tutorials anyway if you're stuck; they're handy just for extra practice if you're that way inclined.

Business Maths 2 has more integration in it, which wasn't my strongest point, but I still got an A1 in the module and I did pass for the LC so don't break a sweat over it.

Now, Statistics in 2nd year is another story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

You all should have done worse in the L.C. and came to L.I.T instead where we dont have christmas exams, well I dont anyway muhahahahahaaaaa :D

(Yes you will probarbly end up with a better job than me)

Nope, Mikey vehemently refused to put notes up on PF, some class reps even suggested that the whole class would send him E-mails to coerce him into putting them up, I don't know if anyone did, it didn't work.

Attendance was pretty terrible during the semster though, so that might have had something to do with it...

Just one left, Communications.
    Got 30% altogether for the project and presentation. Figured I should pull up my socks a bit for the test, but then I figured...this is the module that had a lecture dedicated to 4 different types of comma.

I won't break my back-side over it too much.

I know it's been changed this year, but what's the Comm. paper like?
    In general, what kind of questions are on it?

Nope, Mikey vehemently refused to put notes up on PF, some class reps even suggested that the whole class would send him E-mails to coerce him into putting them up, I don't know if anyone did, it didn't work.

Attendance was pretty terrible during the semster though, so that might have had something to do with it...

Just one left, Communications.
    Got 30% altogether for the project and presentation. Figured I should pull up my socks a bit for the test, but then I figured...this is the module that had a lecture dedicated to 4 different types of comma.

I won't break my back-side over it too much.

I know it's been changed this year, but what's the Comm. paper like?
    In general, what kind of questions are on it?
    Ya I got 32% from my project and presentation, not too great but ah sure, I was originaly under the impression that all I would need would be to get another 8% and I pass the exam but I found out you also need to get a pass in the final exam.

Should'nt be too hard though, though the exam is on in the morning and I still havent opened a book for it (real different from all my other exams).

I'm just going to go over fallacies and referencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

some class reps even suggested that the whole class would send him E-mails to coerce him into putting them up, I don't know if anyone did, it didn't work.

I wonder where they got that idea from...DJCR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

everyone pray for me tomorrow please its my birthday and im looking at failing my first exam in college unless i get up at 7 and cram in the study before 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

PeakOutput wrote: »
    everyone pray for me tomorrow please
    I think you mean today but let's not get technical..you've bigger problems on your plate!!:D
    its my birthday
    Happy Birthday!
    and im looking at failing my first exam in college
    Well infairness, there's a first time for everything! Kidding..kidding!! You'll be fine, once you do the following as you said...
    unless i get up at 7 and cram in the study before 4

Now get off this and sleep. Early start for you! G'Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Yeah I was talking to him at the last BBS Faculty meeting as well ......

Get this he's shocked at the level of first year attendance.

Although it was quite funny hearing him complain about having to empty his inbox every morning!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I tried my best to get him to put them up but he wouldn't ....... but he did mention that the notes would probably get around anyway - and they usually always do!!!

He is defo one of those lecturers that never puts the notes up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

everyone pray for me tomorrow please its my birthday and im looking at failing my first exam in college unless i get up at 7 and cram in the study before 4

I'm sorry....I'm too drunk/tired to care about most of your post, but i do genuinely wish you a happy birthday :)

Advertisement