Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I got 17.6%, so I really need a miracle for Friday, do you know if Caomhlin is using negative marking?

I know!!

OK, so fair enough ,he showed us a couple of sample questions, but it would be good to have apaper just to try them out.

Ive been studying Mgt all week and have about 50 pages of notes, Im all over the place!!

Don't even talk to me about Acc.:(
    just remembered that the mark we got so far for communications is only for the project board and not the presentation so I should pass easy, phew thought i was gonna have to study some communications for a second haha, just a quick look over referencing should be more than enough for me.

I typed up all my notes for management last week and summarised it into 8 pages, been very handy though trying to memorise those leadership styles is a pain...

Oh and ya im totally screwed for accounting too, just doing all I can to pass it, thank god I did the case study in excel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

All this exam talk is putting a smile on my face I must say!:D

Had a day off from school today..was great not doing anything! Slept..ate..watched TV. None of this reading notes/making notes/writing essays/studying malarky for me!!:pac:

On a side note: G'luck to everyone. One day (results pending!) ye'll be able to taunt fellow boardies on here aswell!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm sure pandering to 8yr olds is a great experience altogether! Don't lie, I bet you wish you were still en universitié.

Come back to me ~20th Janurary F_M and we'll discuss sleeping, eating and TV'in then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I just rediscovered Guitar Hero on my DS. There will be no studying today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ergonomics wrote: »
    I just rediscovered Guitar Hero on my DS. There will be no studying today.

I may have discovered the beginnings of a hernia:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ninty9er wrote: »

I'm sorry but I lolled quite loudly when I read that....
    It was the last thing I had expected to see there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Yeah, I think you win on the discovery aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

cson wrote: »
    Don't lie, I bet you wish you were still en universitié.
    Hmmm..I will admit some days I do, but then Thursday of every fortnight comes around and I quickly forget about it again: €€€€!!;) Not a mind those lovely exams yer doing at the moment.
    Come back to me ~20th Janurary F_M and we'll discuss sleeping, eating and TV'in then :p
    I've standards thanks!:P

Is there anyone else that has as yet failed to begin studying for their 9am exam tomorrow??

Nope

SHHEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Is there anyone else that has as yet failed to begin studying for their 9am exam tomorrow??

Nope

I have begun about an hour ago.

I think I'll be pullin an all nighter - what about yourself!!!

• Advertisement

Nope

DJCR wrote: »
    I have begun about an hour ago.

I think I'll be pullin an all nighter - what about yourself!!!

I started at 12:10 today [just before BD decided to ignore me with the free water and pens ;):p worked till about 2:30....but I decided to take a break, and I havent gone back to it yet...I'll probably get around to it soon, although there is footy on the box tonight too....Hmm what to do?

My biggest fear for tmrw is not getting up for the exam!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

IWE - is soooo hard to get down to study for because i keep tellin meself....

It's just 3 essays !!!!

Of which I write them and learn them - how hard can it be????

Then I'll see a D1 in my transcript and see how hard it actually is!!

DJCR wrote: »
    IWE - is soooo hard to get down to study for because i keep tellin meself....

It's just 3 essays !!!!

Of which I write them and learn them - how hard can it be????

Then I'll see a D1 in my transcript and see how hard it actually is!!

Is he marking on a curve?

I've just read a PPP essay there, I'm trying to avoid the popular ones as they're (by my reckoning) likely to be marked harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

What did people think of the Management paper today?

It wasn't as bad as I thought, still glad it's over and done with though:pac:

What did people think of the Management paper today?

It wasn't as bad as I thought, still glad it's over and done with though:pac:
    Most people I talked to found it fairly hard, I thought it was alright, a few tricky questions but should do fairly good.

Gone over a lot of microeconomics exam papers and know it fairly well so should be grand for tomorrow.

Still haven't opened a book on accounting... so screwed

I went over a paper there for Micro just today, hopefully Ill be ok.
    Ill do some more in the morning

As for Acc. I'm pretty much screwed for the theory, but Im getting some help with that, thanks graciously to Mossin :D

Ah sure, twill all be over ad done with soon enough.

Oh lucky you, I must find this mossin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm pretty much screwed but Im getting some help with that, thanks graciously to Mossin

selective quote ftw!

Jaysis dave...c'mon now!

Gotta be sailing close to Statutory there Dave, a 1st year?

What's gotten into you? You'll turn out like kaimera if you're not careful, its a slippery slope. :pac:

What's gotten into you? You'll turn out like kaimera if you're not careful, its a slippery slope. :pac:
    you wish you were like me.

and it's slippery if ya do it right ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

I should...just stop talking now...

now look cson!

another one gone :mad: useless wingman.

Anyone see Eastenders tonight?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If not watch the repeat to explain the grins

Material for one essay covered 2 to go, then to learn them and be at UL for 0845 in the morning.....0700 start methinks, just had a shower to avoid delay in the morning and all, that's how scared I am of being late!!

@ 1Huge1: when is this acc exam? Thursday@ 9??

I can give you about an hour/ maybe 2 tomorrow afternoon from 2 if it's any good, though I may be no good. Bring notes.

pm sent

If not watch the repeat to explain the grins

Material for one essay covered 2 to go, then to learn them and be at UL for 0845 in the morning.....0700 start methinks, just had a shower to avoid delay in the morning and all, that's how scared I am of being late!!

@ 1Huge1: when is this acc exam? Thursday@ 9??

I can give you about an hour/ maybe 2 tomorrow afternoon from 2 if it's any good, though I may be no good. Bring notes.

pm sent

Ah you shush, and is that why you've had a shower now?

So you'll be nice and frsh for 1Huge1?:p
    Fine, sorry...that was a little harsh....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I'm afraid your going to have to hand in your man badge and have it replaced with a box of tampons.

Honestly, between Fianna Fail and this you'd swear you had no self respect whatsoever!

Well that shut ye up...

As for Acc. I'm pretty much screwed for the theory, but Im getting some help with that, thanks graciously to Mossin :D

Dont thank me just yet, I may not be of much use regarding the exam, but I'll offer as much help as I can.
    1huge1 wrote: »
    Oh lucky you, I must find this mossin

You are more than welcome to join us when I give notes.
    kaimera wrote: »
    Jaysis dave...c'mon now!

Now now, I'm just doing my duty

Close but more than likely above the limit!
    Dont be jealous Paul :p
    Peteee wrote: »
    I'm afraid your going to have to hand in your man badge and have it replaced with a box of tampons.

Honestly, between Fianna Fail and this you'd swear you had no self respect whatsoever!

And he's an ACCOUNTANT!! :pac:

Hehe, I gets da anaolgy :D

T'was a bit fooking mad tbh. Where do they come up with that ****e like? And how do they get paid for it?! And I've yet to see coppers just appear outta the blue and arrest someone for rape on the basis of a phone call...:eek:

Poor Bianca...:pac:

I'm cold, cant study, am in bed, and have an exam in about 10 hours time...:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Hehe, I gets da anaolgy :D

T'was a bit fooking mad tbh. Where do they come up with that ****e like? And how do they get paid for it?! And I've yet to see coppers just appear outta the blue and arrest someone for rape on the basis of a phone call...:eek:

Poor Bianca...:pac:

You too.... out!
    but I'll offer as much help as I can......more than welcome to join us......I'm just doing my duty

All you're doing is perpetuating the myth!

Advertisement