Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OFFICIAL exams and how to procrastinate yourself into oblivion thread December 08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

sweet, is anyone allowed in there?

say a 1st year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

1huge1 wrote: »

say a 1st year?

There'll be nobody there checking ID cards, I'll put it like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stoney66

is there any other 2nd year business students apart from me that is feeling hard done by with the exam timetable?6exams in 6 consequative days is a little harsh i feel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

stoney66 wrote: »
    is there any other 2nd business students apart from me that is feeling hard done by with the exam timetable?6exams in 6 consequative days is a little harsh i feel!!
    i didnt think they could do that?

6 in 6 i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stoney66

ya its true!!start monday afternoon nd have an exam straight through everyday til saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

kaimera wrote: »
    i didnt think they could do that?

6 in 6 i mean

As far as I know there's no rule that says the college can't do it, it's more of an unwritten rule that they'll try their best to time table exams so that you don't have them on consecutive days.

But leaving aside other concerns such as availability of space etc. It's possible to schedule 6 exams in 12 days and avoid having exams on consecutive days. Of course the more exams one does the less like likely this is to occur. 7 exams in 12 days for example is impossible to do without having at least 2 exams on consecutive days.

Yeah I got too much time on my hands.....going to start drinking soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

1st year Business is Monday to Friday straight.

try first year business and german, monday to friday straight, then a 5 day break till german,
    Im very glad of that 5 day break because german needs a lot of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

is there any other 2nd year business students apart from me that is feeling hard done by with the exam timetable?6exams in 6 consequative days is a little harsh i feel!!

Yup, however there wasn't really anything that could be done. I'm still trying to remember all the names from the risk articles and book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

say a 1st year?

You'll be allowed in, but you won't be able to log on unless you have some postgrad's ID and password.

• Advertisement

Im a first year Business student, and I heve my first exam in the SP Hall in the morning.

Am I right in saying that it's in the old sports building, near the bank?

Does anyone know whereabouts it is in the building?
    Is it easy to find?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58166800&postcount=111

^ Not sure if you saw my reply to you yesterday.

Besides, I wouldn't be too worried about it. There's going to be about 400 other people going to the exact same place, so just follow the crowd. It would be impossible to miss it.

:( Now, back to taxation: theory and practice...

Ah right, thanks Dave! Must have missed that! (obviously :o)

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ya its true!!start monday afternoon nd have an exam straight through everyday til saturday
    try first year business and german, monday to friday straight, then a 5 day break till german,
    Im very glad of that 5 day break because german needs a lot of study.

I've no sympathy cos I've had to go through it as well. :(

A reason 1st + 2nd yr BBS exams are like that is because of the class size!
    They try to get them out of the way early...and I think its an attempt to weed out the weaker students also, considering the drop out rate is 15 - 20% from first year.

Oh really which language did you pick? Does the language part get a lot harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

So I'm desperate here. Has anyone done the module CS4007 before? I think the title is 'Information Society 2'. I have no idea where to start so I'm hoping someone has done it before...

Ok, I'm making progress now so let's ignore my original post. Instead I ask, how does everyone here study?

Personally I have to write out everything in bullet points. I can't type them either, they have to be written, hence the massive writer's bump on my ring finger! Once I have something written out I pretty much know it inside out, but will generally read back it over it three or fours times to make sure I know it. It can take ages to write everything out though; I just spent 2 hours bullet pointing a 25 page article into 5 pages but now I know everything there is to know about Knowledge Societies!

If I have to learn quotes or facts I write them out over and over and over and over again until I know them. I can't sit down and repeat something until I know it. It's such a waste of paper, but I recycle so in my head it's ok.

My 1st exam is in just over 2 hours..

I've spent the majority of today trying to learn 5 essays. I have them bullet pointed, I have them typed and I have them written by hand TWICE...and I still dont know them all inside out :(

I only have to re-write 3 in the exam, so hopefully the 3 I know most will come up!

BTW:
    Good luck to one and all!!

See you all the other side of them for pints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

I write out bullet points and then I eat the paper so technically the studied material is in me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I used to have colour-coordinated highlighting... E.g. if I was reading an article, anything to do with one aspect would be in yellow, a different aspect in green and another in pink, etc. Similarly with notes in the margin, blue/black/red/green etc.

I'd also be big into reading articles and making bullet points as I go along, but mostly they'd be argument points or paragraph ideas if a question on that topic would come up.

I used to write full essays on very general all-question-answering topics (they'd be like 3000-4000 words!); maybe 2-3 per module.

I absolutely rocked at note-creation. Seriously, the most beautiful, colour-coordinated, neatest notes ever; all carefully filed and sub-filed in lever-arch folders. I'm very protective of them. Mine. All mine. I still have some LC notes too...they were equally beautiful.

I do not have perfectionist issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I used to have colour-coordinated highlighting... E.g. if I was reading an article, anything to do with one aspect would be in yellow, a different aspect in green and another in pink, etc. Similarly with notes in the margin, blue/black/red/green etc.

I'd also be big into reading articles and making bullet points as I go along, but mostly they'd be argument points or paragraph ideas if a question on that topic would come up.

I used to write full essays on very general all-question-answering topics (they'd be like 3000-4000 words!); maybe 2-3 per module.

I absolutely rocked at note-creation. Seriously, the most beautiful, colour-coordinated, neatest notes ever; all carefully filed and sub-filed in lever-arch folders. I'm very protective of them. Mine. All mine. I still have some LC notes too...they were equally beautiful.

I do not have perfectionist issues.

Ask your doctor about Zoloft by those friendly scienticians at Pfizer to help combat your worrying OCD symptoms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

failing that he'll send you to a nice room with padded walls

There's a load of kids out the back of my house in Courtyard, making noise and being kidlike. GET OUT OF MY YARD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Peteee wrote: »
    Ask your doctor about Zoloft by those friendly scienticians at Pfizer to help combat your worrying OCD symptoms!
    Scienticians? Scientists, even? :pac:
    bazkennedy wrote: »

Yaay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Good luck to everyone. Hope any ye had today went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Peteee wrote: »

CBT in combination with Zoloft has been shown to have greater efficacy in the treatment of OCD than the use of Zoloft alone.
    bazkennedy wrote: »

I'd take the padded room. Might be slightly warmer than here.

1 down and 3 to go

Selling and Sales....Why he didnt have Forecasting or Key Account Management on the paper I'll never know...After going on about them all year, and then leaving them off of it :mad:

Luckily I was able to answer 3 questions, but I was writing solidly for 2.5 hours...just about had enough time...

But 1 done and thats the important thing!

1 down, 4 to go.

Had BIM this morning, got it done in 40 minutes, I got at least 2 wrong, and only got 19% on the online tests.

I have no idea how that's going to go down....

Tomorrow I have Management, and right now i am buried under a pile of handwritten sheets, which are more or less copied word for word from Michael's notes, so you can see how that's going:rolleyes:

1 down, 4 to go.

Had BIM this morning, got it done in 40 minutes, I got at least 2 wrong, and only got 19% on the online tests.

I have no idea how that's going to go down....

Tomorrow I have Management, and right now i am buried under a pile of handwritten sheets, which are more or less copied word for word from Michael's notes, so you can see how that's going:rolleyes:
    1 down and 5 to go, BIM was so easy someone who didnt even do the course would ace it.

Just found out I got 19.2%/40% for my communications project so might actually open a book for the exam now.

Management wouldnt be so bad if he gave us an idea of what was coming up, a exam paper would be nice.

I'm not starting until Friday, wish I could just get them over and done with now!

• Advertisement

1 down and 5 to go, BIM was so easy someone who didnt even do the course would ace it.

Just found out I got 19.2%/40% for my communications project so might actually open a book for the exam now.

Management wouldnt be so bad if he gave us an idea of what was coming up, a exam paper would be nice.

I got 17.6%, so I really need a miracle for Friday, do you know if Caomhlin is using negative marking?

I know!!

OK, so fair enough ,he showed us a couple of sample questions, but it would be good to have apaper just to try them out.

Ive been studying Mgt all week and have about 50 pages of notes, Im all over the place!!

Don't even talk to me about Acc.:(

Advertisement