Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

2.5C
    Dp-0.9C

Cant understand your temp profile there SC-I'm actually colder though with a higher dp.

Croghan will be a bit of crack circa 11pm-methinks a quick trip to where the road hits 1500ft asl is in order at that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Carlow town, currently: 1.5c and a DP of 0.3c :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dewpoints really dropping ahead of this front.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dewpoints really dropping ahead of this front.

Was just about to post that DPs are on the way up!

3.3c here now with DP of -1.45c

sorry

3.4c now DP -1.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Dublin Airport is better with 2c/-2c
    Rounded WC, could be half degree up on them figures or the wrong way for snow etc
    I'm somewhere inbetween, 8 miles east of Dublin Airport.
    Jeez you out on a boat on the Irish sea or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cant understand your temp profile there SC-I'm actually colder though with a higher dp.

Croghan will be a bit of crack circa 11pm-methinks a quick trip to where the road hits 1500ft asl is in order at that time!

Yer station seems to be stuck at 1.5°C BB!, I think it needs new batteries!
    Definitely think a spin (and there will be lots of spinning!!) up the mountains in a 4x4 could be good craic tonight :)
    N.b please anyone that hasn't done that kind of thing before..don't try it!!!

BB is a lunatic expert thats got experience in such silliness before :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Snowbie wrote: »
    Rounded WC, could be half degree up on them figures or the wrong way for snow etc

Jeez you out on a boat on the Irish sea or something:confused:

Haha i meant 4 miles sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yer man^^^^ operates the lighthouse tbh, either that or hes clinging onto the M2 buoy waiting for teh snow:pac: . 2c here and some precip starting to fall, was lamp post watching:rolleyes: and some flakes of white in the mix. Scattered clouds to my SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp now 1.3C with a DP of -2.9C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

1.6c and DP of 0.4c ........ my temps are goin' up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

3.7C Up, Nice one Dub city
    -1.7C Down, Mtns drying out air still.

Sleet territory but temp should drop slightly when Precip arrives but Dp will go up

Wind SSW to S

Edit RH really droping here also 68%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

temp falling slightly and dp continues to fall here.. now 4.1c/-2.7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!! its started to rain here, was hoping for at least an hour of snow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.6c with DP -1.0c

Precip should be in Dublin in half hour or so - will not be holding my breath!

I see Dublin AP reporting 3c with DP of -2c - that's not bad?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    3.6c with DP -1.0c

Precip should be in Dublin in half hour or so - will not be holding my breath!

For sure almost no chance! Snowbies temp is shooting up, 3.9c/-1.4c

The precip is arriving very early also which isn't aiding our hopes.

4c/-1.2c

Yikes, It was meant to be 1c here at midnight!

Temp 2.1°C DP -1.7°C and rising. That front is really shooting accross, should be here within an hour at its current rate of progress..pity last nights one wasn't the same!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Current conditions as of 1850 hrs

Dry afaics
    +5.0c|STEADY
    Calm

Any precip in west Dublin yet?

Its snowing!!, proper fluffy white stuff ..temp falling DP rising..pretty much as expected, nice to see though :D

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Its snowing!!, proper fluffy white stuff ..temp falling DP rising..pretty much as expected, nice to see though :D

Well at least 5 days of hope has resulted in somebody getting a few flakes!!

Its a no hoper here going by Snowbies data, 4.3/-0.3c

I expect temp to maybe fall to 1.0°C or so from here, DP to continue rising..then snow turns to rain and temp rises. Nice to see have to say :D

At least DUB AIR is still in the sleet/snow zone.

3c with a RH of 71% would therefore DP is at highest -1.2c (if temp was 3.4c)

Meanwhile hope from Snowbies thermo is over.

4.3c/0.1c

TEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I expect temp to maybe fall to 1.0°C or so from here, DP to continue rising..then snow turns to rain and temp rises. Nice to see have to say :D

is it sticking? congratulations by the way. at least someone is getting something out of this cold spell.

is it sticking? congratulations by the way. at least someone is getting something out of this cold spell.

Not really yet, is just light fluffy stuff, once the precip arrives proper, have no doubt that it will though..if the DP doesnt rise too fast that is...up to -1.1°C now.

Begin to question Snowbies readings though? Your not that far away from the Airport are ya?

Dublin Airport have 3c/-2c at 1900hrs

You have 4.4c/0.4c at 1925hrs

Ya lucky ducker!

4.0c here now DP +0.7c :( Precip imminent.

well, it has arrived here and the temperature is up to 5c already. i just hope we don't have to wait too long for the next poper cold spell.

well, it has arrived here and the temperature is up to 5c already. i just hope we don't have to wait too long for the next poper cold spell.

Where are u located Nacho?

Ye the rise in temps is very very strange, something must of went very different to forecast cause even though it was anticipated as rain here it was meant to be just 1-2c even at midnight.

• Advertisement

Where are u located Nacho?

Ye the rise in temps is very very strange, something must of went very different to forecast cause even though it was anticipated as rain here it was meant to be just 1-2c even at midnight.

sorry i meant the main band of rain had arrived here(in the west). i didn't mean to give the impression i was living in the east.

Advertisement