Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max of 4.8C
    4.3C atm and falling away.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Peaked at 6.4C,
    now 1.9C and falling rapidly.
    Wind SW @ 2mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

It's going to be seriously icy out in a few hours time!!! Northwood in Santry was like an ice rink right upto lunchtime today. Will be the same tonight. Already down to 2c at Dublin airport at 4pm :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I was in Maynooth earlier and the canal was frozen. There was serious frost in the shade too. Looks like tonight will be leathal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Ground and puddles remained frozen all day. -6c forecasted for tonight and -1c in Carlow already. Certainly a much frostier start to Winter than in recent years.

• Advertisement

And temp at Dublin airport is down to 0c as of 17:00. Was about 5c at the same time yesterday - not a night to be driving. And I'm stuck in work till god knows when!!!

Just wondering, with temperatures dropping so quickly and with pressure also rising and also that the winds are virtually calm, is there a much higher risk of (freezing) fog tonight?

highdef wrote: »
    And temp at Dublin airport is down to 0c as of 17:00. Was about 5c at the same time yesterday - not a night to be driving. And I'm stuck in work till god knows when!!!

Just wondering, with temperatures dropping so quickly and with pressure also rising and also that the winds are virtually calm, is there a much higher risk of (freezing) fog tonight?

Its definately a much higher risk than last night for this part of the country. Ild say its almost a certainty. :)

Currently 0.6C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn cold, 100% Clear and calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

According to NRA Weather table Nenagh air temp was -1.8c at 18.02.

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-1.0c here now.

The damp/wet on the ground from yesterdays showers never got a chance to dry out today - just back from the shops and you can the ice on the roads already.

• Advertisement

max 8.2c
    Currently 2.0c but dropping quite fast.
    No frost or ice as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-1.0°C here currently, guessing -4 is possible tonight

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Could it be -2C now?

Fog has come here, seems to be drifting rather than sticking.

0.6C atm

Some nice noctilucent clouds over to the west of me now. Few photo's of them came out terrible but one or two of them alright. Upload later. Anyone else in Dublin notice them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's a death trap out there tonight, a skating rink.

Be safe already -2c and everything as icy as i've seen it, path frozen over and impossible to walk on at 830pm.

Gonna be treacherous in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

1.6c here in Waterford City.No frost here yet. Seems to be colder up the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

-2C (feels like -9C), light snow falling and the same tomorrow. Expected to drop to -10 or -11 tonight.

Can't see anything from here Snowbie. Although I'm out in inchicore at the moment. Not looking forward to the drive home, whenever that may be!!! Ice rink outside. Little misty here in inchicore but looking towards the Phoenix Park (can see the park from the office window), I can see a bank of orange fog.....orange from street lights, of course!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

down to - 3.9 here and there is dense fog.

At Dub airport at 21:00 the temp was -2C, Dew point -1C, with a 107% relative humidity, according to http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EIDW.html :D

Here its -1.3C. The chimney smoke etc has become trapped in a nice little layer just above the rooftops. One minute its drifting NW, then SE. Wind must be almost calm. Very rare for this location.
    Snowbie wrote: »
    Some nice noctilucent clouds over to the west of me now. Few photo's of them came out terrible but one or two of them alright. Upload later. Anyone else in Dublin notice them?

The moons too bright to seem much here, and streelights etc dont help. Funnily enough I thought there was an odd greenish tint to southeastern sky just after sunset, although it was probably nothing. :confused::o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-2.0c here now - everything crispy out!

Yikes!

-5c in Belfast at 920pm :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's going to be interesting to see just how low the temperature goes tonight. if it goes below -6 that's remarkable for this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's frickin' freezing in Bayside. Paths iced up, puddles already frozen and a nasty freezing fog. Wouldn't like to be flying tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

Just hovering at 0 here in Colpe Cross near Drogheda. Frost hasn't really cleared all day in sheltered spots, and a heavy frost appears to have set in tonight.

Air temp between 0.1C to 0.4C.
    More mist atm.
    Grass -5C
    Icy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

-2.8c here. Cold, calm and frosty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-2.4c and dropping, it's like an ice ring outside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold, frosty, -4C

• Advertisement

I wonder what we are gonna hit tonight.

Absolutely frozen solid out there.

-2c.

8 more hours of frosting to go.

What we going to reach by dawn folks?

Advertisement