Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭LilacNails

oinkely wrote: »
    Visiting Killarney for a weekend in October. Looking for self catering recommendations please. Prefer to go direct than through air bnb etc if possible. Cheers. 2 double bedrooms within walking distance of the town.

Cheers for any steers

The Gleneagle apartments are very nice, not too far of a walk from town either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Innishfallen Hotel is good too its a hotel with self catering apartments. They are a good bit out of the town though. It is located across from Hotel Europe in Fossa. Not certain if they have reopend they still state they are closed on their website and no update on their facebook page. They had been done up not that long ago as far as I am aware I've not been there since it was done up. I've stayed elsewhere since if ever in Killarney for a night. The Gleneagle apartments might be a better choice as you can walk from there to the town. I say the other self catering places are a bit out of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Park Place apartments at the top of High Street probably the most central self catering option.

starlit wrote: »
    Innishfallen Hotel is good too its a hotel with self catering apartments. They are a good bit out of the town though. It is located across from Hotel Europe in Fossa. Not certain if they have reopend they still state they are closed on their website and no update on their facebook page. They had been done up not that long ago as far as I am aware I've not been there since it was done up. I've stayed elsewhere since if ever in Killarney for a night. The Gleneagle apartments might be a better choice as you can walk from there to the town. I say the other self catering places are a bit out of the town.

It's still closed, passed it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

Anyone know who the builder is for the new houses up by MD OSheas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 alan_mur

oinkely wrote: »
    Visiting Killarney for a weekend in October. Looking for self catering recommendations please. Prefer to go direct than through air bnb etc if possible. Cheers. 2 double bedrooms within walking distance of the town.

Cheers for any steers

Nice accommodation, self catering and B&B here www.stayinkillarney.info Local business

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Defo park place appartments in the centre of the town or the Glenagle appartments are a small bit out but both great options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Where is the best place for a pint of Guinness that is open atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Luap wrote: »
    Where is the best place for a pint of Guinness that is open atm?

The Failte on college street, taking bookings only afaik or at least they were a couple of weeks ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Hi guys,

Looking to book a car park in Killarney for Thurs-Sat, as hotel does not provide parking. Thinking of using the train station car park, or the Milk Market car park. Does anyone know if there are usually lots of spots in these car parks, or do they fill out quickly?

• Advertisement

hasdanta wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking to book a car park in Killarney for Thurs-Sat, as hotel does not provide parking. Thinking of using the train station car park, or the Milk Market car park. Does anyone know if there are usually lots of spots in these car parks, or do they fill out quickly?

Mangerton view car park.... I think that's what it is called is 5er a day.... It's behind Penny's, access it across the road from Dominos pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

hasdanta wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Train Station car park always has spaces but you have a small trek to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

How strict are pubs in Killarney being atm can anyone say?

Are they all enforcing the 105 minutes or is there anywhere being a bit more leniant?

Heading down for a few days would appreciate a pm if anyone could recommend a nice spot, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Joekers wrote: »

Are they all enforcing the 105 minutes or is there anywhere being a bit more leniant?

Heading down for a few days would appreciate a pm if anyone could recommend a nice spot, thanks in advance.

I was there 3 weeks ago and they were strict on getting food with a drink. Few places refused to take us as they were fully booked even though the place was half empty, they couldnt let us stay the 105mins.

May have changed since but I'd suggest picking places you want to visit and just book them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Or better still, don't visit then you won't be expecting anyone to stretch the government's guidelines.

Why on earth can't you just accept the 105 minutes?

If boozing is that important to you then stay indoors with a crate of lager and drink yourself silly....take as long as you need.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    If boozing is that important to you then stay indoors with a crate of lager and drink yourself silly....take as long as you need.

Where did I mention "boozing" in my post?

Nothing constructive to offer then say nothing at all it really isn't that hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Nothing constructive to offer then say nothing at all it really isn't that hard...

Some people can't help themselves. Ringing ahead is probably the way to go.

The fact you want to stay somewhere beyond government guidelines, why otherwise?

I do have something constructive to say, why would you think you can come to kerry and expect to flout rules?

Pathetic.

munster87 wrote: »
    Some people can't help themselves. Ringing ahead is probably the way to go.

I cant help myself when people think it's OK to come into a county and then bend the rules.

Perhaps you shouldn't be encouraging people.

Why do people on this thread think it's OK to overstay the 105 minutes?

• Advertisement

I cant help myself when people think it's OK to come into a county and then bend the rules.

Perhaps you shouldn't be encouraging people.

Why do people on this thread think it's OK to overstay the 105 minutes?

Well depending on the bar/restaurant the 105 minute rule may not apply if they can apply social distancing of 2m or greater.

Thanks again for your contribution it has been most helpful enjoy your day :)

Well depending on the bar/restaurant the 105 minute rule may not apply if they can apply social distancing of 2m or greater.

Thanks again for your contribution it has been most helpful enjoy your day :)

I enjoy every day thanks very much and I don't need to go on holiday or go to a pub to do so :)

I know about the 105 minutes, it is unlikely in many places you will be 2 metres away from the person/people you came in with. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I enjoy every day thanks very much and I don't need to go on holiday or go to a pub to do so :)

I know about the 105 minutes, it is unlikely in many places you will be 2 metres away from the person/people you came in with.

The rule is 2m between tables. (Or 1, in a controlled environment, and it's when a place is operating as a controlled environment that the 105 limit comes in).

And to the OP, most places in Killarney seem to be operating as a controlled environment. They usually won't be breathing down your neck after the 145, but they do like to keep the tables moving asap (Which is compounded by them operating at reduced capacity and it being very busy at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

My friend owns an apartment on near Muckross Rd. and Woodlawn. He just told me that the water in the area is completely off. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

My friend owns an apartment on near Muckross Rd. and Woodlawn. He just told me that the water in the area is completely off. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Happens to me down Ross Road on occasion, usually due to the council doing repairs. Usually comes back after 2/3 hours, although once I was without water for about 36 hours :eek: I hope it's back at this stage anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

https://www.water.ie/water-supply/supply-and-service-update/?id=66140

Currently unknown, but investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Young Cork man lost his life after being asked to leave a hotel on Muckross Road last night.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The scenes of last night for Killarney looked similar to Temple Bar Dame Street in Dublin, way crowded with drunk idiots

God help that poor young deceased lad's family and friends, by The Gleneagle Hotel he was found I believe? Had they an event on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The scenes of last night for Killarney looked similar to Temple Bar Dame Street in Dublin, way crowded with drunk idiots

God help that poor young deceased lad's family and friends, by The Gleneagle Hotel he was found I believe? Had they an event on?

Surely there are no events on? Perhaps a small wedding but even the Gleneagle would have nothing on I expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Gleneagle alright, very sad news.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-investigating-death-of-man-in-killarney-39489340.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement