Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I’d say 200 metres from the nearest exchange as there’s an industrial park down the road. Thanks for the info, definitely leaning towards Vodafone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I’d say 200 metres from the nearest exchange as there’s an industrial park down the road. Thanks for the info, definitely leaning towards Vodafone now.

Based on personal experience, I think Vodafone's "customer service" is also rubbish. The "rubbishness" only comes to light if you happen to have a problem.

The most annoying part for me was trying to get information as to how a problem was being handled, and what progress had been made. After making the initial call to them, you don't get access to a human being, and only get a pre-recorded announcement that the problem is being dealt with. I eventually had enough and ditched them, then signed up with Airwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Just back from Killarney from the weekend.

I would know the place pretty well ( my in-laws live there ) so I am there pretty often although for obvious reasons not since March.

I was shocked how quiet it was TBH , the traffic was heavy but not as heavy as a usual weekend at the height of the season.

I walked the town on Sat afternoon , it was basically dead , the only life I saw was outside Scotts . Ill be honest I was a little shocked . The only accents I heard were local as well.

I saw the old Jam was up for rent 53k PA rent !! that's crazy money .

Still say Killarney could do with a really decent Coffee roastery /shop :-)

The new bollards that seems to have split opinion , I can't see the fuss TBH , I honestly think they should shut the road between The Ross and Market Cross ( as they did I think one summer or was it Christmas ?? ) It serves no purpose now if you want to get to high st by car then go around the other way .

( anyway thats from a visitor I don't live there :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Just back from Killarney from the weekend.

I would know the place pretty well ( my in-laws live there ) so I am there pretty often although for obvious reasons not since March.

I was shocked how quiet it was TBH , the traffic was heavy but not as heavy as a usual weekend at the height of the season.

I walked the town on Sat afternoon , it was basically dead , the only life I saw was outside Scotts . Ill be honest I was a little shocked . The only accents I heard were local as well.

I saw the old Jam was up for rent 53k PA rent !! that's crazy money .

Still say Killarney could do with a really decent Coffee roastery /shop :-)

The new bollards that seems to have split opinion , I can't see the fuss TBH , I honestly think they should shut the road between The Ross and Market Cross ( as they did I think one summer or was it Christmas ?? ) It serves no purpose now if you want to get to high st by car then go around the other way .

( anyway thats from a visitor I don't live there :-) )

fairly spot on there Davidth88 to be fair. Good to se how the town is looking from outside. The bollards certainly divide opinion, however they seem to work in places like beech road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Walked down town around 5pm on Monday, first time in ages. Seemed to be a good few Irish tourists around, lots of menus being examined outside restaurants/bars with serving food. I see Eddie Rockets is still closed, Revive cafe seems to be gone in New St. The building where Pillbox boutique was (opposite Post Office), was being gutted pre-Covid but nothing happening there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Radio5 wrote: »
    Walked down town around 5pm on Monday, first time in ages. Seemed to be a good few Irish tourists around, lots of menus being examined outside restaurants/bars with serving food. I see Eddie Rockets is still closed, Revive cafe seems to be gone in New St. The building where Pillbox boutique was (opposite Post Office), was being gutted pre-Covid but nothing happening there now.

Heard the owner of Revive had decided to retire, prime property if it comes for rental

Firbolg wrote: »
    <snip>

Whats your point ??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Daddy Ireland

Hoping to do Ring Of Kerry by bike over 3 days Aug/Sep. Stopping overnight in Caherciveen and Sneem. 2 small suitcases to be transported from Killarney to Caherciveen Day 1 and onward to Sneem Day 2 and onward to Killarney Day 3. Anyone recommend a courier service or services that would do this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Hoping to do Ring Of Kerry by bike over 3 days Aug/Sep. Stopping overnight in Caherciveen and Sneem. 2 small suitcases to be transported from Killarney to Caherciveen Day 1 and onward to Sneem Day 2 and onward to Killarney Day 3. Anyone recommend a courier service or services that would do this. Thanks

Maybe give a call to the various bus companies that normally do the Ring of Kerry trips?

They might be able to help you out themselves/point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Good idea. Thanks.

Try GLS Killarney, they do the Ring of Kerry most days

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

dobman88 wrote: »

Should keep the traffic wardens busy, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi All... How can I get rid of an old 3-piece suite in Killarney?

Have a NEW set arriving but the supplier wont take my current set for disposal. Am afraid - it has seen better days so not bothering with trying to sell it on due to condition

If I get hold of a Man with Van - will they take it in at the waste site outside Coolwood???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Sikpupi wrote: »

Have a NEW set arriving but the supplier wont take my current set for disposal. Am afraid - it has seen better days so not bothering with trying to sell it on due to condition

If I get hold of a Man with Van - will they take it in at the waste site outside Coolwood???

Put it up for free on Done Deal or Adverts or Facebook Marketplace maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Sikpupi wrote: »

Would it be in any fit state to donate to St Vincent de Pauls? If it's in fairly bad condition they won't take it.

I'm pretty sure a man with a van would take it to wherever it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

LilacNails wrote: »
    Would it be in any fit state to donate to St Vincent de Pauls? If it's in fairly bad condition they won't take it.

I'm pretty sure a man with a van would take it to wherever it's going.

I doubt very much that SVP will take it.
    Maybe a KWD disposal unit can take it. A man with a van would be ok, only if it's not dumped illegally. You can call Coolcaslagh Disposal at (064) 663 3522. They might be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I doubt very much that SVP will take it.
    Maybe a KWD disposal unit can take it. A man with a van would be ok, only if it's not dumped illegally. You can call Coolcaslagh Disposal at (064) 663 3522. They might be able to help.

Im sure they do, unless it's changed. Have seen suite inside the shop a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Hi all,

I've wandered over here from the Tralee thread to see if Killarney residents have an issue with Tralee.

I have always loved Killarney and visit as often as possible and I dont get this Killarney v Tralee thing.

Lately I see someone in the Killarney Advertiser has started a series of "articles" on their view that Killarney is being left behind other towns in Kerry, particularly Tralee.

I can understand speaking up for Killarney but the poor me reflects badly.

Whats your take?

Articles below

https://www.killarneyadvertiser.ie/a-tale-of-two-towns-why-are-killarneys-projects-put-on-the-long-finger/

https://www.killarneyadvertiser.ie/a-tale-of-two-towns-part-two-killarney-bypass/

g1983d wrote: »

Reflects badly on who?

My take is it's the ramblings of one man who works for a local magazine and probably sees himself as a ground breaking journalist with these opinion pieces. Not to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Reflects badly on who?

My take is it's the ramblings of one man who works for a local magazine and probably sees himself as a ground breaking journalist with these opinion pieces. Not to be taken seriously.

Thats what I meant, reflects badly on the author or anyone whi speaks like that.
    Kerry needs to work together as no one else will help us

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hi I’m just wondering does anyone know what places are open to eat out in, in the town other than hotels as I heard that not many places opened to eat out in Killarney at the moment? Will be visiting Killarney over the bank holiday. Would you need to book places in advance to get a table? Thanks

starlit wrote: »
    Hi I’m just wondering does anyone know what places are open to eat out in, in the town other than hotels as I heard that not many places opened to eat out in Killarney at the moment? Will be visiting Killarney over the bank holiday. Would you need to book places in advance to get a table? Thanks

Pick a place you like and ring them. We are also heading to town for a few days and have 3 places booked for this week with no hassle. Asked one place if they were taking walk ins as we were undecided and they said bookings would take priority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Live music in or around Killarney tonight or tomorrow night?
    Cheers

Live music in or around Killarney tonight or tomorrow night?
    Cheers

Yeah. Loads.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Yeah. Loads.
    Enjoy.

Will do:)

• Advertisement

Will do:)

In case you're not in town yet, bring a jacket. I'm here now, had a shower that passed and a bit windy. Likely to rain again I'd say.

Advertisement