Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah. Loads.
    Enjoy.

Where is there live music?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Could someone tell me if pubs serving food in Killarney are strictly enforcing the 105 minutes rule?

Was planning to get down in the next couple of weeks for a few days but am unsure now with the pubs not opening yet. I don't want to go for a bite somewhere in the evening only to be turfed out less than 2 hours later with nowhere to go except back to the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Could someone tell me if pubs serving food in Killarney are strictly enforcing the 105 minutes rule?

Was planning to get down in the next couple of weeks for a few days but am unsure now with the pubs not opening yet. I don't want to go for a bite somewhere in the evening only to be turfed out less than 2 hours later with nowhere to go except back to the hotel

Yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Billy Mays wrote: »

I Would imagine Hotel Bars closed as well even for Residents , May be worth a call to hotels before you book

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

afro man wrote: »
    I Would imagine Hotel Bars closed as well even for Residents , May be worth a call to hotels before you book

All hotel bars are operating under the same rules as restaurants. i.e 105 minutes, food has to be ordered. There's zero exceptions for residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Yes they are.

Definitely not all of them. I’ve been to three where I stayed significantly longer. In only one of the three was I eventually told it was the last drink when I ordered one.

Two places I went to out of five were enforcing it strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

In Reidys on Monday night, the place was being cleared and we were told we could go to McSorleys if we wanted a drink. We didnt but we decided to pop in yesterday evening for one and no bother. It just seems open as normal.

In dingle today, almost impossible to get a pint. Found 1 place doing takeaway pints which I was happy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

In Reidys on Monday night, the place was being cleared and we were told we could go to McSorleys if we wanted a drink. We didnt but we decided to pop in yesterday evening for one and no bother. It just seems open as normal.

In dingle today, almost impossible to get a pint. Found 1 place doing takeaway pints which I was happy to use.

Serious ?? :mad:

By whom ??

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

newman10 wrote: »

By whom ??

You also get the option to go to the Porterhouse also 🙄

newman10 wrote: »

By whom ??

The staff. Same owners of both establishments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Tried to book a table for 4 people for tomorrow Thurs ......everywhere booked out today Wednesday!! Had one establishment offer me a table for an evening meal at 4-30pm!!!

Killarney is jointed... queues for every restaurant.

Didn’t book anything. Decided I’d cook for us all instead

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Definitely not all of them. I’ve been to three where I stayed significantly longer. In only one of the three was I eventually told it was the last drink when I ordered one.

Two places I went to out of five were enforcing it strictly.

What's your point?
    Do you want to be kicked out sooner from a pub?
    Do you want the pubs closed down?
    It is a busy time with Irish tourism here. Good for the town and good for the country.
    Sometimes the staff are just too busy to be timing every customer.
    People's jobs depend on such places. Nobody is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

What's your point?
    It is a busy time with Irish tourism here. Good for the town and good for the country.

I suppose the point is they should be kicked out sooner, if businesses can't be bothered to do as they're instructed then they shouldn't be open at all.

It's not rocket science, and all this cobblers about money good for the area, they shouldnt be so greedy and reliant on tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Is it a case of every place booked out?.Heading down to Dingle the first week of Sept for a few days,im hoping things might have eased up by then.

pkvader wrote: »
    Is it a case of every place booked out?.Heading down to Dingle the first week of Sept for a few days,im hoping things might have eased up by then.

No, the places I tried had plenty of availability but they insisted on me getting food if I wanted a pint. We had dinner reservations that evening so just wanted a pint for an hour after a day out around slea head and Dingle. They were strict on the food part

Saying that, I'd definitely book anywhere you're planning on eating, just for peace of mind. Everywhere has reduced capacity and no matter where we were, they turned some people away due to being full or having too many people in their group.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I suppose the point is they should be kicked out sooner, if businesses can't be bothered to do as they're instructed then they shouldn't be open at all.

It's not rocket science, and all this cobblers about money good for the area, they shouldnt be so greedy and reliant on tourists.

If they follow the rules about distancing and sanitary practice - which they do -
    then the risks are very low.
    I would not construe that a person who works in the hospitality industry who provides basics needs for themselves and their families as greedy.

If they follow the rules about distancing and sanitary practice - which they do -
    I would not construe that a person who works in the hospitality industry who provides basics needs for themselves and their families as greedy.

Greedy businesses not workers

rules are rules stick to them or close, it's simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What's your point?

I thought it was obvious but I’ll explain it to you.

A previous poster said: “Could someone tell me if pubs serving food in Killarney are strictly enforcing the 105 minutes rule?“

A reply to this was: “Yes they are”

My post was in response to that statement to show that it’s not true.

I won’t bother answering your ridiculous questions but thanks for your concern.

• Advertisement

monkeynuz wrote: »
    rules are rules stick to them or close, it's simple really.

You must be a perfect human being.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I thought it was obvious but I’ll explain it to you.

A previous poster said: “Could someone tell me if pubs serving food in Killarney are strictly enforcing the 105 minutes rule?“

A reply to this was: “Yes they are”

My post was in response to that statement to show that it’s not true.

I won’t bother answering your ridiculous questions but thanks for your concern.

:)

You must be a perfect human being.

I try to be, I also follow rules.

It isn't difficult to do as you're instructed, it just takes some effort occasionally.

I don't know why it's such a tricky concept to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Killarney weekend traffic was back to pre-Covid levels with tailbacks beyond Lissivigeen last Friday afternoon, as would be normal this time of year.

Will be interesting to see if it's the same tomorrow with the change in the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anyone know a cleaner to clean a private house a couple hours a week?

And maybe the going rate also.

Thanks

Edit- ive checked the advertiser and the outlook with no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Radio5 wrote: »
    Killarney weekend traffic was back to pre-Covid levels with tailbacks beyond Lissivigeen last Friday afternoon, as would be normal this time of year.

Will be interesting to see if it's the same tomorrow with the change in the weather.

Not a hope, with it being August and the paths being widened, there's much less parking. That and all the fecking lights and crossing i reckon has made the matter worse over the years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Radio5 wrote: »

Only one answer to it:

https://www.kerrycoco.ie/roadsmain/projects-schemes/n22-farranfore-to-killarney-road-improvement-scheme/

Hopefully there's more clamouring for it when the N22 Macroom to Ballyvourney scheme is complete. Killarney will be the first bottleneck outside Cork when we get to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Looks as if Burger King is possibly gone from College Street. Signage gone from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭oinkely

Visiting Killarney for a weekend in October. Looking for self catering recommendations please. Prefer to go direct than through air bnb etc if possible. Cheers. 2 double bedrooms within walking distance of the town.

Cheers for any steers

• Advertisement

oinkely wrote: »
    Visiting Killarney for a weekend in October. Looking for self catering recommendations please. Prefer to go direct than through air bnb etc if possible. Cheers. 2 double bedrooms within walking distance of the town.

Cheers for any steers

Check out Rookery Mews. A little dated looking and basic but very clean and located in a quiet spot, walking distance to town. My old landlady and her husband own them and you couldnt meet nicer people who go out of their way to help you. I've stayed in the apartments twice while visiting since I left home and i always recommend them to people.

Advertisement