Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks 440hz for Killarney being stickied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

newman10 wrote: »
    Now we are bringing our kids and saying "do you remember.........." :)

Well not quite yet for moi :D.Infact i hope for it to stay that way for another 15 years at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Now we are bringing our kids and saying "do you remember.........." :)
    I always wanted to bring stuff when i went as a small lad,now i have too much stuff to bring..lol!

I need a few sons to drive for me!Though by the time they appear and are old enough to drive nissan primeras will be old enough to be classic!:eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thanks 440hz for Killarney being stickied :D
    WHAT does this mean:eek:

WHAT does this mean:eek:

:confused: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

So does anyone remember "the Danny Man" "Revelles" or am I the mature person in this company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

So does anyone remember "the Danny Man" "Revelles" or am I the mature person in this company

You are not that mature, anyone over 24 or so should have at least been in both a few times.

I had reason to be in the danny man nightclub a couple of years ago (There was a poker game on there), that brought back some old memories =)

I'll show my age here now and tell y'all that Revelles was a booming nightclub when I was a youngin' and was actually the first night-club I went to in Killarney :D.

Tell me, does anyone else remember the Beat on the Street that was held outside the Danny Mann, what seems like a life-time ago now. The likes of eraser had a hit at the time I remember :)

How about rocking to Horslips in the Town Hall or going to the Mountain Dew Festival in Macroom to see Rory Gallagher ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

How about rocking to Horslips in the Town Hall or going to the Mountain Dew Festival in Macroom to see Rory Gallagher ;)

Ah lads - my Dad speaks of this :rolleyes:

dh0661 wrote: »
    Ah lads - my Dad speaks of this :rolleyes:
    Nice,cool dad!!

Wish i was around for those kinda gigs,the rory gallagher tribute gig during the rose festival rocked,the real thing must have been nuts

God i love gallagher stuff,its as irish as guiness.

Have to stick this in too!Sorry for hijacking!!:o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Not old enough for the real thing, but I was in a teenage disco in Revelles to receive our town league trophies way back in the day.

Actually must have been a pre-teenage disco, all in primary school.

Jaysus, I started young.

Good times!

Have to stick this in too!Sorry for hijacking!!:o:)

I know im going off topic here but i must thank you for converting me after that. I never really was into him but jess that was epic.Well im off to get the discography now :D

For all those yound dudes, in my humble opinion the best blues ever was Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters

Mama's in the Kitchen bakin up a pie
    Papa in th backyard
    "Geta a job Son you know you ought to try"
    So i packes up my bags and headed down the Road and I got me a job with Henry Ford
    But I made a mistake and went much too far................ :cool:

For all those yound dudes, in my humble opinion the best blues ever was Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters

Mama's in the Kitchen bakin up a pie
    Papa in th backyard
    "Geta a job Son you know you ought to try"
    So i packes up my bags and headed down the Road and I got me a job with Henry Ford
    But I made a mistake and went much too far................ :cool:

Yes but they arent even in the same league as some of the lyrics written by the mighty Bono ......
    "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"

:P

I used to work in revells and old kenmare rooms for a time:o

I used to work in revells and old kenmare rooms for a time:o

Was JJ spinning the Discs

:cool:
    Was JJ spinning the Discs
    Ya and derek was just starting man oh man u have stired up some mean memories with that one........when i see some of the yummy mummys round town now ,,,,,,,

• Advertisement

I know im going off topic here but i must thank you for converting me after that. I never really was into him but jess that was epic.Well im off to get the discography now :D
    Glad to be of service!!

Everyone should own at least the discography!!
    As a bit of trivia(sorry if im boring ye)
    He bought his Fender stratocaster nearly new in Crowleys music shop(still trading) in cork city when he was 16 and played it until he died age 47 in 1995.
    Cruzsidebyside.gif
    Rorys is on the left and the copy is on the right. Iv seen the guitar in an exhibition in dublin and its just amazing to look at the wear and tear on it.
    It could tell some stories if it could talk!!

Nice,cool dad!!
    Wish i was around for those kinda gigs,the rory gallagher tribute gig during the rose festival rocked,the real thing must have been nuts

God i love gallagher stuff,its as irish as guiness.

Thanks for that - made my dad cry :cool:

dh0661 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - made my dad cry :cool:
    I think thats off the irish tour DVD,he should get it if he doesnt already have it.Live in cork opera house(1987)is a must see too.
    512E5GE9MML._SL500_AA240_.jpg519TMVD77ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I think thats off the irish tour DVD,he should get it if he doesnt already have it.Live in cork opera house(1987)is a must see too.

He has all the albums - the pictures and memories are in his head.

Thanks for the DVD suggestion, birthday & xmas presents for dad sorted for next year :), he usually ends up with socks.

NOW - I must get back to Tralee thread to see whats happening there.

:cool:
    Ya and derek was just starting man oh man u have stired up some mean memories with that one........when i see some of the yummy mummys round town now ,,,,,,,

Life in the old dogs yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

wahey, we've been stickied!!!

512E5GE9MML._SL500_AA240_.jpg519TMVD77ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    guys as much as i like the guy could ye please set up a different thread for the fan club and lets keep this a killarney thread...otherwise it will go by the wayside again....

I think it's just great that Killarney is returning to it's old bustling self again. It's been quite for such a long time but now, maybe it's the fine weather & the few days races but wow! just a nice atmosphere around Killarney these days :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I think it's just great that Killarney is returning to it's old bustling self again. It's been quite for such a long time but now, maybe it's the fine weather & the few days races but wow! just a nice atmosphere around Killarney these days :)
    i must say since the golden circle got the buskers and the face painters moved from market cross we lost some of the atmosphere....were moving in the right direction but i honestly think we should pedestrianise one of the streets ...to help bring more fun to the streets...just a thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

You know, we nearly have enough people floating around here now to arrange a killarney beers.

Advertisement