Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

i like pool and have started going to jades i used to play in stretford but it got fairly rough ..jades takes no messers at pool table and the pint is only 3.80.......takes a bit to get used to the place but its alright

Jades is actually a good place for a laugh. I used never go there but it's a regular haunt for some lads I work with & I met them down there some months back & have continued to return. Yeah it did take some getting used to alright but nice spot.

Always start the night in O Conors.
    And then go to Mcsorleys. Com eot think of it thats all ive done everytime ive gone out in Killarney for the last 2 years :P

I have never actually gotten O'Connors :o. The barman has one grrrreat sense of humour but it's wasted bebind that bar though. I never got any real 'atmosphere' in there though the regulars are always good for a chat.

but McSorleys ftw though. I think everyone ends up in there at some point on a night out.

A regular spot of mine is actually Corkery's :) up High Street. Say hello to Jerome behind the bar there if anyone decides to pop in some time. Sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I have never actually gotten O'Connors :o. The barman has one grrrreat sense of humour but it's wasted bebind that bar though. I never got any real 'atmosphere' in there though the regulars are always good for a chat.

but McSorleys ftw though. I think everyone ends up in there at some point on a night out.

A regular spot of mine is actually Corkery's :) up High Street. Say hello to Jerome behind the bar there if anyone decides to pop in some time. Sound man.

Ah I love being in there when American tourists are there. We always get a good laugh out of em.
    Coarkerys. dont thinkn ive ever been there.
    I do like courtneys though. My uncle Always DJs there on a Sat night ( shamless plug). Must try and get there more often

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi All

I hope there is someone who can help me. My OH needs to put together a CV but not one of those Microsoft ones. Does any one know where it can be done in Killarney

Tahnks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

newman10 wrote: »
    Hi All

I hope there is someone who can help me. My OH needs to put together a CV but not one of those Microsoft ones. Does any one know where it can be done in Killarney

Tahnks
    SEnd them to the citizens advice center or to fas and they will help out forfree im sure.........must say in current climate its looking like a wastr of paper....best of luckthough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Hi All

Tahnks

As in just not in MS word format? What format does she need it in? If she wants to give it to me in word format I can convert it to PDF or whatever she needs.

oeb wrote: »
    As in just not in MS word format? What format does she need it in? If she wants to give it to me in word format I can convert it to PDF or whatever she needs.

It need to look professional not just a sheet of paper or does it matter much in that they are all being shredded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It need to look professional not just a sheet of paper or does it matter much in that they are all being shredded

Ohhh, right. You mean as in 'Not the same cv as everyone else'

http://www.cvtips.com/CV_example.html
    http://www.recruitireland.com/careercentre/cvtemplates/

There are millions online. You can also pay someone else to do it for you. For example http://www.cvsolutions.ie/

Always start the night in O Conors.
    And then go to Mcsorleys. Com eot think of it thats all ive done everytime ive gone out in Killarney for the last 2 years :P
    Ah I love being in there when American tourists are there. We always get a good laugh out of em.
    Coarkerys. dont thinkn ive ever been there.
    I do like courtneys though. My uncle Always DJs there on a Sat night ( shamless plug). Must try and get there more often

I went into O'Connors lastnight with someone who used to work in there and OMG what a laugh we had in there. It was one of the very few bars in town with a decent crowd, almost all tourists but all in mighty humour. I will be back regularly for definite after lastnight :)

I went into O'Connors lastnight with someone who used to work in there and OMG what a laugh we had in there. It was one of the very few bars in town with a decent crowd, almost all tourists but all in mighty humour. I will be back regularly for definite after lastnight :)

Im telling ya :P
    The guy that took it over recently is making good work of the place.

• Advertisement

Dont forget Deenach Lodge opening @ 2 tomorrow. Have a cup of Tea on us and meet the great Micko

Dont forget Deenach Lodge opening @ 2 tomorrow. Have a cup of Tea on us and meet the great Micko
    HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Good luck with this.
    I'm afraid we won't be able to make this but will be there on and off during the "summer" --- hope we'll get one.:eek:

yeah. all the best. Hope all goes well. ill be sure to give a trip as soon as im home

Opening of Lodge was great. :) Lovely crowd and a great athmosphere. Thanks for the wishes

If their is anyone here going to see the big clash & the official opening of the renovated Fitzgeralds Stadium in Killarney on June 7th, give me a shout :). Reeeeealy looking forward to this match

IMG_7676.jpg

2642476741_2405b4c246.jpg?v=0

if you photoshop the ball out of the pic it would look like they where all doing interpretive dance :P

Hey, has anyone else seen the views from Aghadoe looking down over the Leibherr factory out onto the lakes (not from the Aghadoe viewing-point, though that is nice also). If anyone is looking for something to do some evening, on a fine day, take the car on the road leading upto the back of the Aghadoe Heights Hotel or even vice versa. Simply breath-taking.

I had never seen Killarney from that view-point before and just absolutely loved it and thought I would share the idea with people here.

Hey, has anyone else seen the views from Aghadoe looking down over the Leibherr factory out onto the lakes (not from the Aghadoe viewing-point, though that is nice also). If anyone is looking for something to do some evening, on a fine day, take the car on the road leading upto the back of the Aghadoe Heights Hotel or even vice versa. Simply breath-taking.

I had never seen Killarney from that view-point before and just absolutely loved it and thought I would share the idea with people here.
    i am blessed to live quite close to there.........it is class all year round its like a different veiw all year round...........when ye are finished with aghadoe walk the gap

i am blessed to live quite close to there.........it is class all year round its like a different veiw all year round...........when ye are finished with aghadoe walk the gap

Oh you know that is something we have thought about alright but keep on putting it off. Maybe after tonight though it will be easier to persuade the girls to walk it.

We really are extremely lucky to have views and scenery like that in the town. In fairness, not many places can say they do.

• Advertisement

Oh you know that is something we have thought about alright but keep on putting it off. Maybe after tonight though it will be easier to persuade the girls to walk it.

We really are extremely lucky to have views and scenery like that in the town. In fairness, not many places can say they do.
    Its very easy to do its really nice to bring the bike over in the boat and cycle through....well well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Nor have I - we'll do it soon. Our favourite view has always been from the Mangerton path into the hills. Thanks for posting.

Or from the top of Purple Mountain - but that was a long time ago . . .

My Fav view has to be this spot in Muckross. Its of by the boathouse and you can see Dundag beach and all the lake from this specific view. Stunning to just sit there on a beutiful day and watch the world go by

Its very easy to do its really nice to bring the bike over in the boat and cycle through....well well worth it

We did it reverse last year, got a Trap from Kate Kearneys up to the lake and a boat down. It was a great day. Well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Meant to post this earlier in the week but did anyone else see the google street view car in Killarney on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

it was down the muckross road last saturday. it will be funny to see killarney on streetview....are any of you lot watching the lions match saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

johnnyc wrote: »
    are any of you lot watching the lions match saturday?

No, Everton - with a box of Kleenex just in case . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Oliverdog wrote: »
    ah deepest sympathies oliverdog hope the kleenex came in handy....

Oliverdog wrote: »

Once we wont need the Kleenex next Sunday

• Advertisement

Once we wont need the Kleenex next Sunday

ah I'd be quietly optimistic that they won't be ;)

Advertisement