Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BluRay Player with 6 free BluRay Discs and movie rental vouchers €249.99.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I registered with mysony website and later when using the disc I used the logon that I already created.

You don't get any email re the disc/free blurays. You'll get an email confirming your mysony account has been created.

Try it on an XP machone with IE6 or IE7 if you haven't already.
    Last resort is to ring them I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I got an error the first time I tried registering too but the next time I tried it said it was already in use too but I could log in so I presume it will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

Does this play DIVX / AVI files ... ? :confused:

I picked one up yesterday in Soundstore Limerick for 234.99 with 5 movies (3 in box, 2 send away for) ;)

Great machine Im delighted with it ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

No dice on divx/wmv playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pzurdo

cop41 wrote: »

I picked one up yesterday in Soundstore Limerick for 234.99 with 5 movies (3 in box, 2 send away for) ;)

Powercity have this for 229, though no mention of free discs - does anyone know if this - or the other BD players they have - come with discs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 GJU

Hi, anyone know if this offer is still available with Xtravision???

:confused:

I was in one yesterday and they still had the posters up for the offer so im sure they are still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

pzurdo wrote: »
    cop41 wrote: »

Powercity have this for 229, though no mention of free discs - does anyone know if this - or the other BD players they have - come with discs?

Here's the link on the site
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-15-DPS350
    No mention of discs included.
    I might be in one this evening so I can ask then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I completed their survey now, but all it said was 'thanks for completing our survey' and didn't mention anything about free movies - maybe I should call them again..what did it say for you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

mathie wrote: »
    pzurdo wrote: »

Here's the link on the site
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-15-DPS350
    No mention of discs included.
    I might be in one this evening so I can ask then.

I rang Powercity.
    They seemed clueless.
    First it came with three discs, then two, then you'd to mail away for them.
    He didn't know which discs.
    So I'd guess it comes with none and jus the mail away offer.

If anyone can clarify please let us know :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I completed their survey now, but all it said was 'thanks for completing our survey' and didn't mention anything about free movies - maybe I should call them again..what did it say for you guys?

Thats what every one gets. They'll get to you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GJU

Checked in Ashleaf Xtravision, they said offer was finished early by Sony. No posters up. The price is still €249 with no discs!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

is anyone else still waiting on their free discs? registered a couple of days before Xmas but still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Took mine over 2 months to arrive. Had to ring Sony in the interim to get things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

I registered for mine in mid-December and they only arrived last week.

Im still waiting on my free discs after registering at Christmas.
    Whats the number to ring btw so I can see whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I had planned on getting one of these back in January after i had just bought my new TV but i said "ah i will get it next week" went back and had missed it by a day, they had finished the deal.

Girl behind the counter in xtravision said they would be doing the deal again i have been checking the site every now and again to see, looks like there doing a deal again where you get 4 movies included. Are they still doing the online offer where you register to get an additional two movies?

Some general feedback on the quality of the player etc much appreciated :)

Edit: was anybody able to change what movies they give with it? I think Mama Mia is in the offer and i dont want that in my collection would they swap that out for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Picked one up at the start of January, and am delighted with it. The picture quality is excellent and so is the sound. It does not do things like slow motion playback, but tbh I don't really care about that.

For 250 quid, it was one of the better buys I have made. Am still waiting for the two extra disks to come, but it seems that they are taken 4 to 8 weeks to arrive, and there was a backlog built up over the Xmas period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

As I said before it is so sloooooow loading the disks and if you stop during playback you have to start from the beginning :eek: Even sticking in a memory stick doesn't solve that one. Great quality but a complete pain in the ar$e waiting for things to happen. I think my son's 3 year old Playstation is quicker.

Valentia wrote: »
    As I said before it is so sloooooow loading the disks and if you stop during playback you have to start from the beginning :eek: Even sticking in a memory stick doesn't solve that one. Great quality but a complete pain in the ar$e waiting for things to happen. I think my son's 3 year old Playstation is quicker.

That doesnt sound too great!

• Advertisement

Its not that bad for loading disks imo. It is noticably slower than dvd but not enough to be annoying imo. Once its playing there is nothing to worry about.
    Still waiting on my disks from sony though :(

Do they do the deal that is in xtravision in Peats? Im just a bit of tech and gadget freak and big movie fan so this would be savage. I was in there the other day and i think the price was dropped to €209.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Edit: was anybody able to change what movies they give with it? I think Mama Mia is in the offer and i dont want that in my collection would they swap that out for something else?

No - wasnt to interested in Mama Mia either and did ask, but they said discs supplied from Sony and unable to swap! Film wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be though ;)

Valentia wrote: »

BD players are known to have slow loading times, the PS3 being the exception. That said, the PS3 is supposed to be a fair bit louder and have a slightly inferior picture quality to the S350.

As for the playback issue, that's to do with the coding of the disc, and has nothing to do with the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Soarer wrote: »
    As for the playback issue, that's to do with the coding of the disc, and has nothing to do with the player.

Ah! Right. Thanks for that :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Loading times arent that bad.

I have a HD DVD player and Blu-Ray player and the quality is great but the Blu-Ray player works better

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

I registered after Xmas (had problems at first, but phoned the hotline, who told me to wait a few days and try again) my disks arrived at least four weeks ago !!
    I'm really enjoying the BD player, but find the sound quality poor, I'm having to turn my TV up to setting 25, I normally watch sky at setting 10. I asked this question here already and it was recommended I adjust the BD player setting, this improved the sound (from having to listen at setting 40) but I still don't think it correct. Can anyone help, maybe post their sound settings. Thanks.

Macer123 wrote: »
    I registered after Xmas (had problems at first, but phoned the hotline, who told me to wait a few days and try again) my disks arrived at least four weeks ago !!
    I'm really enjoying the BD player, but find the sound quality poor, I'm having to turn my TV up to setting 25, I normally watch sky at setting 10. I asked this question here already and it was recommended I adjust the BD player setting, this improved the sound (from having to listen at setting 40) but I still don't think it correct. Can anyone help, maybe post their sound settings. Thanks.

I've mine hooked up to an external av system and it sounds great and that's with DD or DTS.

kearnsr wrote: »
    I've mine hooked up to an external av system and it sounds great and that's with DD or DTS.

Seconded.
    And it sounds even better with True-HD and DTS-MA! :D

• Advertisement

kfc1 wrote: »
    No - wasnt to interested in Mama Mia either and did ask, but they said discs supplied from Sony and unable to swap! Film wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be though ;)

Cheers for that, i will see if i can smooth talk them. If not i will just probably put Mama Mia in the microwave and see what happens :D

Advertisement