Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M6 - Galway City Ring Road [planning decision pending]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

cgcsb wrote: »
    An utterly daft comparison. Galway is a town, the Netherlands is a country, no point comparing the two. Compare Galway to Amsterdam or copenhagen where half of commutes are by bike. I don't think there is an official target for modal share in Galway because there are no serious transport goals for Galway at the moment.

Can you present the traffic count data for this claim? It doesn't matter really since virtually no money has been spent on public transport anyway so providing 2 scrappy bits of bus lane in a city with an utterly disfunctional transport system isn't going to reveal much.

Unworkable and illogical in Europe.

What is a 'financially viable' bus system? buses in Dublin for example carry more people than cars if that's what you mean. We haven't seen bus connects yet but I'd imagine the main routes would have 10-15 minute frequency. They'd be paid for in off peak times the same way they are paid for at all times, i.e. through the NTA contracts. I'm starting to think you don't actually understand this topic.

I'm sure the new government will run a public consultation. The Galway transport strategy can give you a flavour:
    https://www.galwaycity.ie/galway-transport-strategy

I do understand the topic and the bus service has been this ways for years... We have had promise after promise... Sorry I want to see more than a power point...

Westside and Renmore cost a fair bit of money and disruption and offer no relief to congestion... So how about we see all the public transport exceptions before we start banning cars...

HOV is easy to police with today's technology... Make easy and tell them to display a sign with HOV on it...

Can you present the traffic count data for this claim? It doesn't matter really since virtually no money has been spent on public transport anyway so providing 2 scrappy bits of bus lane in a city with an utterly disfunctional transport system isn't going to reveal much.

Lets remember that I have not to spend money on PT but said that you need to get a bypass...

Get that and then we have the space to implement a different way...

Cycling is not going to suddenly jump 4 times... by the way 20% was the target in 2009 Transport plan. I remeber reading it in 2014 in the Bunch of Grapes, everyone just laughed... An unrealistic plan is no plan...

So we need more than aspiration like we got the last time...

CowboyTed wrote: »
    I do understand the topic and the bus service has been this ways for years... We have had promise after promise... Sorry I want to see more than a power point...

Westside and Renmore cost a fair bit of money and disruption and offer no relief to congestion... So how about we see all the public transport exceptions before we start banning cars...

HOV is easy to police with today's technology... Make easy and tell them to display a sign with HOV on it...

HOV is never going to happen, not even an option, so forget about it or make a proposal to the NTA and let us know how you get on, otherwise no point talking about it.

As for the bus lanes, the provision of the Renmore lane was instrumental in BE rolling out a high frequency service to Doughiska, which is now one of their highest frequency, most used and most profitable routes.

BE also stated in the past that they would happily increase frequency in galway city on multiple routes but without the provision of bus priority infrastructure, there was no point as things would just get bogged down where the buses meet traffic.
    Bus growth in Galway to slow down due to lack of priority lanes
    https://connachttribune.ie/bus-growth-in-galway-to-slow-down-due-to-lack-of-priority-lanes-409/

Only 10% of Galway City’s roads are dedicated bus lanes, which is causing a “serious deterioration” in Bus Éireann’s ability to fulfil its timetables.

Regional Manager Brian Connolly said that the company had become a victim of its own success – it was now increasingly unable to meet a growing demand, as the necessary infrastructure is not being provided.

“There are constant improvements coming into the network but, without priority measures, we are in danger of just having an increased level of resources caught up in the same traffic,” he said.

The Galway City bus network received a major overhaul in 2012 which, the figures show, has been a significant success story.

“Passenger journeys are up 50% which, in public transport terms, is a massive improvement in such a short space of time. Here in Galway City, we have the most efficient, punctual and effective city network in the country. So much so, that Dublin Bus were asked by the NTA (National Transport Authority) to come down and talk to us, to see what we were doing right.”

Mr Connolly says that the Doughiska route, which goes from Eyre Square to Parkmore, is the most successful one in the city – for a very obvious reason.

“One of the critical elements of this service is the level of bus priority on that route, particularly on the Dublin Road – we have bus lanes in and out bound, to the extent that it covers 25% of that route.

“Also, on the 405 Rahoon to Eyre Square and out to Ballybane, the Seamus Quirke Road has significant priority measures. That’s where we are seeing significant growth, so it just goes to demonstrate that when the priority measures are put in place, it improves the reliability, and punctuality. People are more or less guaranteed journey times, and that increases usage, which has been the recipe for success.”

However, the growth is being stifled by the lack of infrastructure, he added.

“The Bus Éireann network in Galway has only 10% bus lanes throughout the whole city, the other side of that is that on 90% of the network we are sharing the same road space as all of the other traffic. As congestion has worsened over the past six to 12 months, we are finding it increasingly difficult to achieve our timetables.

“We have to give over a little bit of road space to public transport, that’s not going to be agreeable to everyone involved, but if we want to ensure that the city moves more freely, and more people are using public transport, those are the sacrifices that have to be made.”

He said that the one-way traffic flow along Lough Atalia/College Road, which was in operation while works on lowering the road under the railway bridge were taking place, had proved to be “one of most significant improvements” for all bus operators coming in and out of the city.

“It was something that worked very well from our point of view, and is something that is being considered in the transport strategy, and we would be encouraging to continue with.”

In the medium term, Bus Éireann hopes that the ‘Luas on wheels’ or BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) will become a reality for the city, while it grows to a position where light rail will be a viable option.

The ‘bendy buses’ are a regular feature in European cities, and they are something that Bus Éireann has been looking at for over 10 years.

“Each stop should become a mini station. The vehicle itself can resemble a Luas, except it’s on tyres.

“If people still want to go for a light rail solution after that, at least you have proven the concept at a fraction of the cost to invest in light rail.

“You know it works, and then you can make a judgement whether or not to make that investment.”

As for asking for evidence before doing anything, just hope on a bus in Galway and see the difference in progress on a bus lane compared to a stretch with no bus lane.

HOV is never going to happen, not even an option, so forget about it or make a proposal to the NTA and let us know how you get on, otherwise no point talking about it.

As for the bus lanes, the provision of the Renmore lane was instrumental in BE rolling out a high frequency service to Doughiska, which is now one of their highest frequency, most used and most profitable routes.

BE also stated in the past that they would happily increase frequency in galway city on multiple routes but without the provision of bus priority infrastructure, there was no point as things would just get bogged down where the buses meet traffic.

As for asking for evidence before doing anything, just hope on a bus in Galway and see the difference in progress on a bus lane compared to a stretch with no bus lane.

I am for more bus lanes but we lack bridge space to go across the river.

I am even for trying bendy buses...

Nobody has given a real reason HOV can't work... Taxis are allowed to use Bus lanes already... HOV is even more economical of space. I am not saying it it the solution but it is a lot more cost effective than GLUAS which I don't see the benefit over buses and bus lanes...

The City has 4 times as many cars than when the last bridge was built... An outer pass of the city would free up space for buses and bus lanes...

I am saying we have both and PT and outer pass solutions... How can we expect all traffic to go through town...

Yes work on reducing car traffic over time but are we there... There was a plan in 2008 (i think) that said we would have 20% cycling we were about 4.5% at the time... We are now 5-6%...

They are now talking again about 20%... Is this anyway realistic or idealistic... We can't sufficiently increase the cycling numbers and PT numbers until we find space in our traffic...

Galway needs a ring road to give us that space... Then we have the space and ability to try things at the moment we don't as we are alway at 110% capacity..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Galway
    The city receives an average of 1,156 mm (45.51 in) of precipitation annually, which is evenly distributed throughout the year.

Amsterdam
    Amsterdam's average annual precipitation is 838 millimetres

So that 75% less to start...

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/netherlands/amsterdam/climate
    https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/ireland/galway/climate

As you can see they have larger summer rainfall, this is generally thunder showers which dumps large amounts in short space of time...

Amsterdam is considerably drier...

Are you actually serious?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: Can I remind posters that commenting on Mod instructions on thread is against the charter and will result is a sanction, and the posts will be deleted.

If you have a problem with a Mod instruction or any aspect of moderation, the use the report function or send a PM to one or other of the Mods.

While mods do post on threads, they do so as posters and their posts represent their own views.

However, Mods are unbiased in their moderation, and do not try to stifle discussion - rather the reverse. When the discussion goes off topic, it must be restrained otherwise every thread would be about everything under the sun.

Posts have been deleted.

Regards.

Nobody has given a real reason HOV can't work... Taxis are allowed to use Bus lanes already... HOV is even more economical of space. I am not saying it it the solution but it is a lot more cost effective than GLUAS which I don't see the benefit over buses and bus lanes...

HOV is not being considered by anyone at a local or national level as a potential solution for anything, anywhere, therefore its, as I mentioned before, not worth discussing as its never going to happen, end of.

As for gluas, we'll all be dead and buried before that ever happens

The ring road is also many years away.

Bus lanes and segregated cycling infrastructure are a lot faster and cheaper to implement

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

HOV is not being considered by anyone at a local or national level as a potential solution for anything, anywhere, therefore its, as I mentioned before, not worth discussing as its never going to happen, end of.

Bus lanes and segregated cycling infrastructure are a lot faster and cheaper to implement

If Bus lanes, more buses and segregated cycling infra aren't well implemented in Galway over the lifetime of this government I think it would be a disgrace, and would prove my previous contention that they are shy to do it for fear of 'losing' their bypass to less congestion.

Regarding HOV, I'm not aware of any European country doing this, our policy makers are far more influenced by European and UK principles so are unlikely to go for it.

The reason its not relevant to Galway is simply that to get it implemented isn't just a case of 'convincing Galway Council' or 'convincing TII', it would require nationwide legislation to be put in place to allow for it, and you would have to convince basically every planner at TII/NTA/GCC that HOV is a solution, because I'm fairly certain that very few to none of them will think so.

Are you actually serious?

Lived there for over a year and a lot of the rain in the summer are more like thunderstorms... Amsterdam is considerably warmer in the summer, balmy...

Definitely not as windy and no hills and loads of cycle lanes...

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

Lived there for over a year and a lot of the rain in the summer are more like thunderstorms... Amsterdam is considerably warmer in the summer, balmy...

Definitely not as windy and no hills and loads of cycle lanes...

You repeatedly have trotted out the 25% of Modal share is Bikes in the Netherlands statistic, but then shift to 20% for Galway city being mad. If the weather isnt as nice in Galway then yeah maybe it wont get as many people cycling as Amsterdam, but as has been pointed out, Amsterdam has about 50% modal share for Bicycles, not 25%. So why is it so crazy to aim for 2/5ths of Amsterdams modal share?

Are you suggesting that the weather in Galway is more than twice as terrible as in Amsterdam?

Given how much cheaper cycling infra is when compared to major roads projects, I don't see why Galway shouldn't avail of a chunk of the €160 million available for cycleways this year and see what happens?

By my calculations (if we go by per capita spend) Galway City is entitled to €2,290,525 of that money each year for cycleway projects. Obviously it will depend on political willingness and 'shovel readiness', but given the clear demarcated sum available to the country, I think if Galway hasn't spent close to 9-10 million on cycling and walking provision within the next 5 years they are doing their population a grave disservice

• Advertisement

How long did Westside bus lane take to build? It was not that fast...

The bypass is due to be completed by 2025 and to be opened in stages before that...

That is due to start next year... As that road goes in we definitely should be looking at Bus Lanes... we can have the planning now and commercial viability...

The bypass is due to be completed by 2025 and to be opened in stages before that...

There is not a chance of that being open before 2030 (if it happens) and as for opening in stages, where did you hear that? Honestly curious
    As that road goes in we definitely should be looking at Bus Lanes... we can have the planning now and commercial viability...

Commercial viability of what?

You repeatedly have trotted out the 25% of Modal share is Bikes in the Netherlands statistic, but then shift to 20% for Galway city being mad. If the weather isnt as nice in Galway then yeah maybe it wont get as many people cycling as Amsterdam, but as has been pointed out, Amsterdam has about 50% modal share for Bicycles, not 25%. So why is it so crazy to aim for 2/5ths of Amsterdams modal share?

Are you suggesting that the weather in Galway is more than twice as terrible as in Amsterdam?

Given how much cheaper cycling infra is when compared to major roads projects, I don't see why Galway shouldn't avail of a chunk of the €160 million available for cycleways this year and see what happens?

By my calculations (if we go by per capita spend) Galway City is entitled to €2,290,525 of that money each year for cycleway projects. Obviously it will depend on political willingness and 'shovel readiness', but given the clear demarcated sum available to the country, I think if Galway hasn't spent close to 9-10 million on cycling and walking provision within the next 5 years they are doing their population a grave disservice

Netherlands has 25%
    Amsterdam is about 38%(not 50%)...

Amsterdam is a major city with with very high density three times Galway...

The issue I have is this target was set before... What has changed this time instead of us getting a 2% increase in 10 years but get 4 fold increase...

So what is going to make that 4 times apart from just making driving so crap that some people resort to cycling... That is not increasing quality of life, but making it so bad that people do what you want...

By the way I posted earlier a cycle way in Dublin that budgeted at €2.7m per Km... It ended up 3 times that...

So what is the realistic target for cycling?

Netherlands has 25%
    Amsterdam is about 38%(not 50%)...

Amsterdam is a major city with with very high density three times Galway...

The issue I have is this target was set before... What has changed this time instead of us getting a 2% increase in 10 years but get 4 fold increase...

So what is going to make that 4 times apart from just making driving so crap that some people resort to cycling... That is not increasing quality of life, but making it so bad that people do what you want...

By the way I posted earlier a cycle way in Dublin that budgeted at €2.7m per Km... It ended up 3 times that...

So what is the realistic target for cycling?

I'm struggling to see what you are trying to say justifys spending half a billion on a ring road because it clearly doesnt provide any justification whatsoever

If Bus lanes, more buses and segregated cycling infra aren't well implemented in Galway over the lifetime of this government I think it would be a disgrace, and would prove my previous contention that they are shy to do it for fear of 'losing' their bypass to less congestion.

Regarding HOV, I'm not aware of any European country doing this, our policy makers are far more influenced by European and UK principles so are unlikely to go for it.

The reason its not relevant to Galway is simply that to get it implemented isn't just a case of 'convincing Galway Council' or 'convincing TII', it would require nationwide legislation to be put in place to allow for it, and you would have to convince basically every planner at TII/NTA/GCC that HOV is a solution, because I'm fairly certain that very few to none of them will think so.

Cycling despite kms of bike lanes built is at a rate of 5%.... How can the expenditure be justified if they can't even give a realistic target?

Galway is a low density city, I am just asking for some actual proof. Bypasses have been proven solutions and I can point to multiple cities & Towns that enjoyed the freeing up a by pass gives the city/town center...

With that in place then the space can be created to implement other transport methods whichj increase the quality of the people of Galway...

Cycling despite kms of bike lanes built is at a rate of 5%.... How can the expenditure be justified if they can't even give a realistic target?

Galway is a low density city, I am just asking for some actual proof. Bypasses have been proven solutions and I can point to multiple cities & Towns that enjoyed the freeing up a by pass gives the city/town center...

With that in place then the space can be created to implement other transport methods whichj increase the quality of the people of Galway...

So what do we do in the meantime? Sit on our collective hands hoping that ABP gives the go-ahead and we get a shiny new road in a decade?

What happens if they say no (which is a possibility)?

I'm struggling to see what you are trying to say justifys spending half a billion on a ring road because it clearly doesnt provide any justification whatsoever

By passes have freed up towns and cities around Ireland...

Ask Athlone do they want traffic going through the town again..
    Limerick Ditto...

Inverness is a classic example of a City very close to galway in size ad population density twice Galway and they are bypassed....
    Brest is a bad example when comparing to Galway, it has 3 times the population density and double the population and has traffic problems about the same as Galway as well...

I think a bypass gives the space to actually do the things like PT corridors ad Cycle lanes...

So what do we do in the meantime? Sit on our collective hands hoping that ABP gives the go-ahead and we get a shiny new road in a decade?

What happens if they say no (which is a possibility)?

It is due in 2025 completed with sections opening in between.
    Then we can have a plan B... But how much roadworks do you think the city can have going on at one time?

Then we can have a plan B... But how much roadworks do you think the city can have going on at one time?

2025....I love your optimism

Again, I'll ask, where are you getting that sections will be opening in between. Not saying its not happening, just haven't seen it anywhere so I'm wondering where you are getting this from

As for waiting, you do know Galway is going to lose the Salmon Weir bridge, Eglinton Street and most of Eyre Sq to private traffic from 2022 right?

Thankfully, GaCiCo are moving ahead albeit slowly, with further roll out of cycling, walking and bus infrastructure

There is not a chance of that being open before 2030 (if it happens) and as for opening in stages, where did you hear that? Honestly curious

Commercial viability of what?

https://connachttribune.ie/galway-city-ring-road-could-open-in-stages-300/

It depend if the Greens try and stop it but they are basing there figures on Hocus Pocus like 20% Cycling...

Commercial Viability of a Bus Service...

If you want Bus Lanes give us details with evidence How
    Long the Journey will take
    • Many it will carry
    • Much it will Cost
    • Frequency
    • Does it need to be subsidised

There is a lot of talk about how much roads cost... Motorist pay motor tax & others...

Where are these figures, Westside bus lane is empty and even in rush hour does carry anywhere as close to what the car lane carries...

• Advertisement

2025....I love your optimism

Again, I'll ask, where are you getting that sections will be opening in between. Not saying its not happening, just haven't seen it anywhere so I'm wondering where you are getting this from

As for waiting, you do know Galway is going to lose the Salmon Weir bridge, Eglinton Street and most of Eyre Sq to private traffic from 2022 right?

Thankfully, GaCiCo are moving ahead albeit slowly, with further roll out of cycling, walking and bus infrastructure

Doesn't mean it is right...

If they stop there use and they aren't used then there will be a backlash that will stop future development... Westside is considered a disaster and the backlash to Salmon Weir Bridge has come heavilly from this... IF the Bridge gets used then great... Shop St is all the better for Pedestrians...

This might look good on paper but if the rest of the city is gridlocked then it is futile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

Quote this post when it's open in 2025 and I'll transfer you €100. :)

blueshark2 wrote: »
    Quote this post when it's open in 2025 and I'll transfer you €100. :)

I understand your pessimism but Westside took at least 18 months...

Where do you think we need new Cycle and Bus Lanes and how would motorists have to accommodate?

What are the realistic cycling targets? At the moment I think there is a full cycle lane from Knocknacarra to BallyBrit Business Park, How much is that actually used? That is a prime route and how much actual cycle traffic does it get?

Car lanes are carrying way more people than Bus lanes in peak traffic....

By the way where is the time tables for buses on the east side of the city?
    Also why can't you stay on the bus that brings you into town and can continue out to the other side... Doesn't getting off the bus and waiting for another one just add delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I understand your pessimism but Westside took at least 18 months...

Where do you think we need new Cycle and Bus Lanes and how would motorists have to accommodate?

What are the realistic cycling targets? At the moment I think there is a full cycle lane from Knocknacarra to BallyBrit Business Park, How much is that actually used? That is a prime route and how much actual cycle traffic does it get?

By the way where is the time tables for buses on the east side of the city?
    Also why can't you stay on the bus that brings you into town and can continue out to the other side... Doesn't getting off the bus and waiting for another one just add delay?

Definitely not. There's only a handful of cycle lanes in Galway and most are not fit for purpose. Most of them are disjointed and leave you in vulnerable positions on the road. In a number of places they just end in fencing. It's often safer to avoid them completely

RE the buses. You can stay on them but they go through Eyre Square and get stuck in all the traffic that contains. And there's so few bus lanes you get stuck in all the regular traffic everywhere else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Any word on an Oral Hearing restarting or does 6 max to a room prevent anything from happening?

Any word on an Oral Hearing restarting or does 6 max to a room prevent anything from happening?

It's in ABP's hands as to when it starts back up. No update on when that will be

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Next month will be the 2 year anniversary of this project going for planning. No end in sight either.

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ruhanna

In general, or doing Covid-19 restrictions?

If you're saying it's generally true, what's the evidence?

marno21 wrote: »
    Next month will be the 2 year anniversary of this project going for planning. No end in sight either.

Crazy stuff.

How long has ABP had the port expansion project sitting on its desk? Highly likely that the RR application process will go on for a lot longer, especially with the pandemic showing no signs of waning. Even if ABP approves the project there are still several more steps in the Government approval process. And even if ABP and the present Government approve the RR, there will be litigation. Don't be surprised if it goes all the way (again) to the ECJ. Don't forget that Ireland's climate adaptation plan was shot down by the Irish supreme court, and that much more ambitious CO2 reduction targets have just been announced by the European Commission. Any major infrastructure plan that does not reduce CO2 emissions accordingly will be hotly contested.

https://apnews.com/6e40389baaa0b916b652a88dcecb1983

Ruhanna wrote: »
    In general, or doing Covid-19 restrictions?

If you're saying it's generally true, what's the evidence?

How long has ABP had the port expansion project sitting on its desk? Highly likely that the RR application process will go on for a lot longer, especially with the pandemic showing no signs of waning. Even if ABP approves the project there are still several more steps in the Government approval process. And even if ABP and the present Government approve the RR, there will be litigation. Don't be surprised if it goes all the way (again) to the ECJ. Don't forget that Ireland's climate adaptation plan was shot down by the Irish supreme court, and that much more ambitious CO2 reduction targets have just been announced by the European Commission. Any major infrastructure plan that does not reduce CO2 emissions accordingly will be hotly contested.

https://apnews.com/6e40389baaa0b916b652a88dcecb1983

1. All you have to is look at the cycle lanes, they are empty during peak hours while car lanes are almost full...
    This is not a speed thing because we are talking about one or two cyclists from Tuam to Headford roundabouts when driving down and they are not passing Cars out...
    I am not anti cycling, I am just pointing out that they are not hitting targets (when they had them), now they have no targets... No targets mean no plan, I have a real problem in investing money into something that has no targets and no plan.

2. Galway has no ring road... This causes traffic congestion which itself causes environmental problems both locally and globally.
    Also since battery technology is improving all the time, by the time the road is built and especially during the lifetime of the road the car will be one of the lowest carbon footprint.
    It also takes traffic out of the city and allows Public Transport and cycling/mopeds to take that infrastructure.
    Personally I think this should be a reasonable sell to any court but Our concil could screw it up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ruhanna

What you said was "car lanes are carrying way more people than bus lanes in peak traffic".

Since you haven't clarified whether you meant during Covid-19 restrictions (which have decimated use of public transport) then we must assume that "peak traffic" means the standard normal daily commute.

In which case, how do you know that car lanes carry more people than bus lanes? What measure are you using? Carrying capacity per metre width? Per hour?

Galway has no ring road... This causes traffic congestion which itself causes environmental problems both locally and globally.

Also since battery technology is improving all the time, by the time the road is built and especially during the lifetime of the road the car will be one of the lowest carbon footprint.

It also takes traffic out of the city and allows Public Transport and cycling/mopeds to take that infrastructure.

Pretty standard arguments there.

Car traffic IS the environmental problem. Rerouting it merely rearranges the deckchairs on the Titanic.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that electric cars will replace petrol and diesel cars to any major degree within the next ten years or maybe longer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/climate-plan-1m-electric-cars-by-2030-does-not-look-realistic-1.3929310

Finally, are you making two very different claims simultaneously: (1) that bus and bike lanes are "empty" at peak times compared to car lanes, and (2) if a new ring road was built, and takes car traffic out of the city, the bus and bikes lanes will suddenly become busy?

How will that work exactly? At the minute the traffic lanes are full of people in cars, and nobody is using the bus and bike lanes. Build a ring road and take most of the car traffic out. Then the bus and bike lanes will be used by ... whom?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement