Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Mine shipped today!! Can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just put the order in now, can't fupping wait to see the finished product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Huzzah. Mine will arrive tomorrow via FedEx Ground. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ruu wrote: »
    Huzzah. Mine will arrive tomorrow via FedEx Ground. :)

You should take pictures of it for us so that we...

Oh, wait, that's going to get into an infinite loop, isn't it? Particularly if you put the pic of you showing us the pic of the pics in next year's pic book.

My brain just exploded all over the screen. I should sleep now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

City-Exile wrote: »
    You should have it next week, Peace.
    Will there be taxes to pay?
    I'd have to forewarn my mum, if so.

I don't thinks so it is printed in the eu afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

sheesh wrote: »
    I don't thinks so it is printed in the eu afaik

Sweet!
    My mum doesn't know that she has been designated as the delivery contact, yet. :D
    As soon as something arrives, I get a phone call and she very kindly offers to open it for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

65 shipped, 35 waiting to ship, and the 45 of the DDG waiting to ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got my softcover one today. :) Did mine come first? (thats what she said!) Prints look brill to me. Clean, colourful and crisp.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I got my softcover one today. :) Did mine come first? (thats what she said!) Prints look brill to me. Clean, colourful and crisp.

I'd say your the first or at the very least close second :)
    :pac::pac: photos or it didn't happen! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I'm very jealous! I want mine now!! Hopefully I'll get it by Friday Fingers and toes crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

We need pics of the book with pics in it.......eeerrrmmm.......yeah

I got my softcover one today. :) Did mine come first? (thats what she said!)

I bet she wasn't impressed that you've got a soft one! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Prints look brill to me. Clean, colourful and crisp.

When I was young I used to look forward to books with Dirty Photo's rather than Clean ones! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

How did you get over it? I'm still trying to rid myself of that particular affliction ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does SSF get a EUR5 donation irrespective of which currency you choose to pay in? Their sterling rates look mightily tempting........ S.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

smccarrick wrote: »
    Does SSF get a EUR5 donation irrespective of which currency you choose to pay in?

Short answer yip:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would that mean that Santa would have to buy British Presents?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CabanSail wrote: »
    Would that mean that Santa would have to buy British Presents?

With the exchange rate the way it is- I dare say Santa would be perfectly happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

My hardcover has finally shipped today. Hopefully it will be here next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

just came across this. Must say, it looks fantastic and I'm definitely going to order one.
    Although I've threatened to take up photography on a few occasions, I just haven't gone through with it. My lovely 350D just sits on the mantle..... bored... waiting for the day ill learn how to use her!!!
    Perhaps this book will drive me on to bigger and better things. And all in the name of charity :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

My book shipped on Tuesday, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see it!!

Just make yourself go out one day Jim, once you get out one or two times you'll be addicted :) Good luck with it!

kjt wrote: »
    My book shipped on Tuesday, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see it!!

Just make yourself go out one day Jim, once you get out one or two times you'll be addicted :) Good luck with it!

Ah, I have done on a few occasions... but really need to learn how to use a camera and understand photography much more before I'll really enjoy it. (Just the way I am)
    Need to buy a book, do a course or something.

jimbling wrote: »
    Ah, I have done on a few occasions... but really need to learn how to use a camera and understand photography much more before I'll really enjoy it. (Just the way I am)
    Need to buy a book, do a course or something.

This might be of help to you then. I'm halfway through 'understanding exposure' and it's a great read for any level of photographer!

This might be of help to you then. I'm halfway through 'understanding exposure' and it's a great read for any level of photographer!

Ya, that book has been advised to me before all right.
    Cheers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Mine shipped last Thursday, still ain't here. :(

Dang it! There goes all my hope lol

I'm hoping to have mine for the 28th of Nov. so I've got a bit of breathing space yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Ruu would you mind looking at mine? (first one - the orangutan). I posted it at only 72dpi and I'm really worried it'll print badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

well done lads.....looks great, just ordered a copy. Sterling all the way...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

I really want this but wondering what's the average delivery time as I'm travelling in two weeks. Also, I'm away for 3 1/2 months so wondering if the plan is for it to be on sale indefinitely so I can get it when I come back if needs be?

Advertisement