Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

the posters with the new url are on my flickr now,where do you order the book through the ddg ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

The DDG order has been placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

what does that bring the total up to whyulittle?

135 books, €675.

whyulittle where did everybody place there order for the ddg im a bit lost here ?

• Advertisement

i seldon go into that area of the forum didnt even know the thread was there,onto blurb now so,would like to be there for the launch too if possible ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I think its gonna be a 'the more the merrier' type of event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

whyulittle wrote: »
    135 books, €675.

Brilliant :D

I wonder if we can make the 1000 for SSF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

whyulittle wrote: »
    135 books, €675.

Yay! And NUMBER TWO in the blurb best sellers. A push might get it to NUMBER ONE - not that we'd be that vain :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I cannot believe my eyes, and I am not talking about the document about PTFE Bertie on TV.

Thank you all, I have never expected that so many books will be purchased. And to be honest, I doubt that we would have more than 50 people and also 50 books.

Another reason to have even bigger respect to all people on Boards and in this wonderful country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Well, when my copies arrive I'm going to leave one in a guesthouse that has a lot of tourists, along with details of how to purchase, so hopefully we'll pick up a few more there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is getting an amazing response, delighted for all involved. I'm quite suprised. Be proud of every photo you submitted people! :) Can't wait to get mine, order placed Nov 2nd and still says Processing (with Estimated ship date of Nov 10th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

i seldon go into that area of the forum didnt even know the thread was there,onto blurb now so,would like to be there for the launch too if possible ? ?

Next time that won't happen. We've now got our own URL. I was feeling a bit lost too with all the threads floating around (I also noticed other people commenting on the same thing). That's why I got the URLs.

Just need somebody to design a website now and I'll host it for us (or redirect to another host if necessary).

Thanks for changing the posters moral - I notice you put them here too.

To EVERYBODY - go here and print some posters out & paint the country with posters (within reason, of course). See if you can put a couple up at work.

no problem,and again if there is anything more i can do to help just fire of a pm to me ! will try and change the original 2 posters i done later,cant find the psd's,really have to start naming things properly when saving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

The design is very appealing & of course the images look great.
    All of which contribute to the book's success.

My order shipped.
    Can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

City-Exile wrote: »
    The design is very appealing & of course the images look great.
    All of which contribute to the book's success.

My order shipped.
    Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Yeah mine to. Where do they have to travel from and how long will the shipping take?

Edit - never min i found it:
    http://www.blurb.com/create/book/shipping

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Shipped! Woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

You should have it next week, Peace.
    Will there be taxes to pay?
    I'd have to forewarn my mum, if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!! :D my order shipped!!
    I can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Me too:D

A total of 43 books have now shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

things are really going great!!! :)

I've updated the A4 poster with the better URL, havent really time to do anything else, if someone wants to put it on flickr - please do

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mine was supposed to ship on 10th but no sign of it shifting yet :(

[edit]oh wait, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Next time that won't happen. We've now got our own URL. I was feeling a bit lost too with all the threads floating around (I also noticed other people commenting on the same thing). That's why I got the URLs.

Just need somebody to design a website now and I'll host it for us (or redirect to another host if necessary).

Thanks for changing the posters moral - I notice you put them here too.

To EVERYBODY - go here and print some posters out & paint the country with posters (within reason, of course). See if you can put a couple up at work.

gonna print off a good few posters and stick them around the place tomorrow , spread the word and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sweet - mines on its way too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Excellent.

If anybody gets the book, let me know as soon as possible (PM). I'll go for a spin in the evening to see it ;)

cooligPhoto - Thanks a lot for domain. I was only dreaming about something like that. Brilliant. Just to find a volunteer to make a page now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ordered... cant wait to see! All excited to be in a book...

Whats this about a launch? Tried to look back through the thread but its tricky when tired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've just ordered a copy.... it will be inspiration for me to improve.

Well done. It looks great, and I can't wait to get it!

• Advertisement

fionn could you add your poster to the year book posters thread i started,i have pmed 3 mods and asked them to sticky the thread too
    Fionn wrote: »
    things are really going great!!! :)

I've updated the A4 poster with the better URL, havent really time to do anything else, if someone wants to put it on flickr - please do

Advertisement