Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

One of my 'Flickr friends' in the US got his copy today and says it's quality stuff !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

wow preview is amazing. will be buying a copy for my brother for Christmas me thinks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've just got an information, that the bulk order for DDG should be here at the end of this month. And it raises a question, when and where to make it public. Ideo has excellent idea about Thursday the 4th. It won't cross any plans for X-mass parties and we could get published in the Friday or Saturday newspapers.

However it raises few questions. Is the 4th OK for you? Where is it going to happen? Who could make it happen (book a room/lounge), who will help us to create press information (Sineadw and DeVore are working on it a little), who is able and willing to attend (especiallny in Santa's beard) and how much can we spread the information about the unveiling and the book itself?

Please, feel free to post any suggestions, like a banner on Boards page with logo of the book and the date of the event, information about he event on cultural servers and in newspapers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

sineadw wrote: »
    Ruu would you mind looking at mine? (first one - the orangutan). I posted it at only 72dpi and I'm really worried it'll print badly...

It looks good and is quite the striking image to lead into the book. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

4th should be fine for me :) I'm handling the press release - I'll be writing it and will be finding out who to send it to as soon as appropriate so that's taken care of. I'll post when its sent (usually 2 days before the event) so I don't think there's any need for anyone else to get in touch with the papers. I've also sourced some beards for us from costumeshop.ie (with big thanks :D ) but I have to get final numbers and a date for them. If anyone has any camouflage hats/gear and santa costumes that'd be deadly too :D

I think the launch needs its own topic to sort it out properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

There is a new thread here for all discussions relating to the book launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

a thursday night rules out us non-dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Nothing had been scheduled so far, please, discuss, suggest, offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Hi all,

As promised we wrote a blog post about the book on the main Pixie blog: http://pix.ie/blog/2008/11/16/boards-photography-community-publish-charity-photo-book

I have also put the word out to bloggers and my twitter followers :).

Marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Leaving the DDG aside, 82 books have shipped, with 33 still to ship, totaling €575 for SSF. €1,000 for SSF is a distinct possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

That's absolutely brilliant. Again, well done everybody!!!

I put up an article on my blog today and have been telling lots of people to buy it! Here's to €1,000++

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mine shipped last Tuesday 11th, no sign of it yet, anyone got there's yet? (besides Ru :) )

Cabaal wrote: »
    Mine shipped last Tuesday 11th, no sign of it yet, anyone got there's yet? (besides Ru :) )

Mine was hipped on the 10th, still no sign. No rush though :cool:

Mine shipped on the 6th, still no sign of it. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mine (an image wrapped copy) is down as "in processing", with an eta of the 21/11/08

Who used the free shipping code with theirs? Maybe they put it on the back of a donkey for us...

donkey-pulling-cart.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have the ad on my blog and I will write an article too to plug it when it arrives on my doorstep. Anything to help the cause! :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If someone or some people knock up the banners I'll get them put in the rotations.

The 4th is perfect for me anyway!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Im still waiting for delivery of my copy. Website says it was sent out on the 12th Nov and the status is "complete", but still no sign of it. I hope it comes tomoro. How does it look, anyone who got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Ordered on the 5th despatched on the 17th. It seems a slow enough process that I hope will be worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ordered on the 2nd, shipped on the 11th. Still waiting...

Ok...it's eventually shipped...now for the long wait :(

DDG has shipped today. Only 15 single orders left to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

I want my book <throws rattle from pram!>:mad:

Feels like ages since it shipped and I really want to be able to show it off to people so I can flog more copies around the camera club etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Has anyone else received a copy to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

whyulittle wrote: »
    DDG has shipped today. Only 15 single orders left to ship.

SWEET!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

coming up to 2 weeks anticipating it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

mine shipped on the 10th... still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

smiley-impatient.gif
    I'm Waiting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

lol! I think were getting a little impatient now :P
    I think the Donkey didn't make it guys... lol