Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. Down a pound. Agreed the Goal weight of 9st 10lbs which I had only given myself previously. Really happy to be on the move again. Good luck to everyone this week.;)

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Congrats Misspiggy!!!

Just made the lovely oat bars Eimhearwwl gave me and they are fab!!!! Very happy and will hopefully get me through my period this week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

does anyone know what it's like for men to go to the general WW classes, not the male-only ones? As I live in Raheny and the closest male-only one is in Coolock. I'm guessing it is ok for men to go the normal ones. Been putting off going to the Raheny one for a few weeks :/ but wanna bite the bullet 2mro.

Aslo what's 'No Count'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

It's fine for men to go to the mixed WW classes, my male friends goes to WW and if anything he gets special treatment cause he is the only guy in the class.

I would imagine it might be a bit intimidating at first but you will be made very welcome so if I were you I would just bite the bullet! And you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

bleugh, lost so much motivation over the last few weeks, havnt got it back yet. was up half a pound this week.. ughhhhhhhh :(

• Advertisement

Hi Edgedinblue,

half a pound is nothing in the whole picture so just try turn your upset at being up into motivation to get back into it.
    Imagine how you would feel if you stepped on that scales next week and you were down.
    Think of that feeling and it will get you through the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

thanks Jwacqui, youre right.i just got so annoyed last night over it, ive been floating between 1 and 2 pounds over and under the stone and a half mark. felt like i hit a wall tbh, but motivation is slowly coming back. need to get beyond the stone n half mark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

edgedinblue,im same as you,can`t get goin dis last 2 weeks,only its stone mark im fiddling around with,up and down,up and down!:eek:well done miss piggy40.Its good reading the posts,it shows we`re all human!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

does anyone know what it's like for men to go to the general WW classes, not the male-only ones? As I live in Raheny and the closest male-only one is in Coolock. I'm guessing it is ok for men to go the normal ones. Been putting off going to the Raheny one for a few weeks :/ but wanna bite the bullet 2mro.

Aslo what's 'No Count'?

Im a guy (obviously) and I went to a mix group but with my wife and it was great craic. But if you went on your own why not try get a friend to go with you. I orignally only went as moral support but ended up losing nearly 4 stone ha ha

no count is an idea that WW tried where you dont count any points for your main food but you stick to 3 main meals of the day with limits on the food you eat. yuo are allowed 21 points(?) per week for treats and add on to dinners eg sauces.

Not to many took it up but one of two that I know of did it one week a month and had great results and I mean great but i think there was a need for too much will power and it wasnt exactly continued.

Im a guy (obviously) and I went to a mix group but with my wife and it was great craic. But if you went on your own why not try get a friend to go with you. I orignally only went as moral support but ended up losing nearly 4 stone ha ha

no count is an idea that WW tried where you dont count any points for your main food but you stick to 3 main meals of the day with limits on the food you eat. yuo are allowed 21 points(?) per week for treats and add on to dinners eg sauces.

Not to many took it up but one of two that I know of did it one week a month and had great results and I mean great but i think there was a need for too much will power and it wasnt exactly continued.

No Count is amazing!!! I lost 3 stone with it, and 3 years later its still off!!!

Mainly went on it because I was saving food points to have a few drinks at the weekend and because my chilli con carne (while all healthy) was 8pts a portion but it was all free on no count!!! Wouldn't eat bread much anyway so found not eating the allowed 21pts a week easyish!!!

It works for people who want to be able to eat healthy food and have some self control!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

In fairness i think the points plan also needs alot of will power and self control to make it work for you. it doesnt really matter what plan you follow, your still the one who controls what you put in your mouth at the end of the day. Regardless of being on no count or points you still have to have the will power and self control to not eat the things you know will have a negative effect on your weight.

At end of the day its about finding what works for you and sticking with it;)

In fairness i think the points plan also needs alot of will power and self control to make it work for you. it doesnt really matter what plan you follow, your still the one who controls what you put in your mouth at the end of the day. Regardless of being on no count or points you still have to have the will power and self control to not eat the things you know will have a negative effect on your weight.

At end of the day its about finding what works for you and sticking with it;)

Oh yeah totally I was just saying that you have to kinda control the sizes more as say you don't eat 3pts of porridge you eat a bowl and I just found that No Count was more up to you!!!

No Count worked for me, won't for some, every one will find their own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

WI today down 1.5lbs
    its a slow process but eventually I'll get there (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

congrats on your loss foodaholic well done 1.5lbs is great going keep it up;)

i was just wondering does anyone have any idea how many points a medium sized ray wing is??bought some for dinner tonight as i want to try eating some more fish getting kind of sick of tuna!!! its not in my WW food list so any ideas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

itsallaboutme i googled the nutritional content of skate (thats what everyone else call ray) it works out 1.5 points per 100g so not bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Have changed my wi to today, down 3lbs since monday !!!!!!!!!!

Got to keep on the straight and narrow for the w/e, gonna be a lot of temption around for the next 3 weeks have visitors and they are the kind who eat n drink for Ireland. They have to have all the tastes of home you can't get in Aus.

Good luck to all, have a great w/e

Have changed my wi to today, down 3lbs since monday !!!!!!!!!!

Got to keep on the straight and narrow for the w/e, gonna be a lot of temption around for the next 3 weeks have visitors and they are the kind who eat n drink for Ireland. They have to have all the tastes of home you can't get in Aus.

Good luck to all, have a great w/e

:D:D:D:D Congrats, 3lb is a great weight loss and definately a good boost for the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

Pembily wrote: »
    Congrats Misspiggy!!!

Just made the lovely oat bars Eimhearwwl gave me and they are fab!!!! Very happy and will hopefully get me through my period this week!!!!

I'm so glad you like them, I had great fun inventing them but there were a few disasters in the bin on the way. did you replace the raisins with choc chips?

Here is the recipe again if anyone wants to try it. it is gluten free and you could add some dark chocolate chips or some really good dark chocolate cut up into small pieces. 40g of chocolate is 4pts which will bring it up to 20 in total. add the chocolate pieces into the mixture with the raisins

Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Eimhear are you a leader or chef???
    Fantastic recipes and input

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    I'm so glad you like them, I had great fun inventing them but there were a few disasters in the bin on the way. did you replace the raisins with choc chips?

Here is the recipe again if anyone wants to try it. it is gluten free and you could add some dark chocolate chips or some really good dark chocolate cut up into small pieces. 40g of chocolate is 4pts which will bring it up to 20 in total. add the chocolate pieces into the mixture with the raisins

Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

I replaced rasins with choc in one recipe, added cinnamon (am addicted) and some vanilla essence and they were lovely!! Other recipe had cranberries instead of raisins!! The first lot I forgot to cook the oats first and were still ok but when I cooked the oats the choc melted and they are sweeter as I didnt add any sweetner at all and they are perfect and not too sweet!!!!

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Had wi yday lost one and a half lbs, happy with that as didn't get to exercise that much. lost a total of 21lb now, its coming off slowly but surely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

stayed the same this week! trying again from this morning! well done to all "the losers"!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Does anyone know the formula for calculating one's quota of daily WW points?

Daily points allowance formula

Male (9)
    Female (3)

AGE;
    16-21 (5)
    21-35 (4)
    36-50 (3)
    51-65 (2)
    Over 65 (1)

Stones you weigh. Ignore the lb just count the stone. I am 13st 5lb so I give myself 13.

Height
    Under 5ft 4in (1)
    5ft 4in or above (2)

Day to day activity
    Sitting down mostly (0)
    Occasionally sitting, mainly standing (2)
    Walking most of the time (4)
    Doing physically hard work most of the time (6)

(Be very careful and honest here, I give myself 0 and if I work out in the gym I would add that into my day as activity points but rarely use them.)

Add up all of these for your total.

E.g I am female (3). 21 (4) Weigh 13st 5lb (13) I am just under 5ft 4in (1)
    So, 3+4+13+1= 21

My points for the day are 21

You will need to reassess this after you fall into another age bracket or drop into the next stone etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Eimhear are you a leader or chef???
    Fantastic recipes and input

I'm a member first, leader second and a chef in my previous [pre WW] life which is why I needed to lose almost 7 stone.

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    I'm a member first, leader second and a chef in my previous [pre WW] life which is why I needed to lose almost 7 stone.

That explains your motivation and your experimentation, its great, thanks :)

Now to go for a walk in the pi**ing rain and possibly get sick or read through thesis??

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Daily points allowance formula

Male (9)
    Female (3)

AGE;
    16-21 (5)
    21-35 (4)
    36-50 (3)
    51-65 (2)
    Over 65 (1)

Stones you weigh. Ignore the lb just count the stone. I am 13st 5lb so I give myself 13.

Height
    Under 5ft 4in (1)
    5ft 4in or above (2)

Day to day activity
    Sitting down mostly (0)
    Occasionally sitting, mainly standing (2)
    Walking most of the time (4)
    Doing physically hard work most of the time (6)

(Be very careful and honest here, I give myself 0 and if I work out in the gym I would add that into my day as activity points but rarely use them.)

Add up all of these for your total.

E.g I am female (3). 21 (4) Weigh 13st 5lb (13) I am just under 5ft 4in (1)
    So, 3+4+13+1= 21

My points for the day are 21

You will need to reassess this after you fall into another age bracket or drop into the next stone etc...

Thank you. You are definitely right ya? I was using a different formula that i found online. Luckily, it works out as roughly the same daily amount as your one.
    This is the formula I've been using all along. Which is the correct one? http://www.peertrainer.com/LoungeCommunityThread.aspx?ForumID=1&ThreadID=47011

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Thank you. You are definitely right ya? I was using a different formula that i found online. Luckily, it works out as roughly the same daily amount as your one.
    This is the formula I've been using all along. Which is the correct one? http://www.peertrainer.com/LoungeCommunityThread.aspx?ForumID=1&ThreadID=47011

The above formula is taken from the WW book!!! It is gospel...

Pembily wrote: »
    The above formula is taken from the WW book!!! It is gospel...

Ok thanks pembily.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

OMG! What a bad day! Have eaten more today than in a week! Genuinely the worst day since I started. Weather crap, kids cranky, hubby AWOL (I wonder why). Heading for the bath before I throttle someone, then X Factor and bed. Roll on tomorrow! Is it possible to put back on a stone in a day....if so I HAVE JUST DONE IT:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement