Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

OMG You are an inspiration. Thanks for that piece of good news. Sitting here in work in Kilkenny looking out at the rain...very close to the biscuit barrel.....but you have saved me for a while longer!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

great losses had by all over the last while...I didn wi last week due to a couple reasons basically had few bad days and den i jus wanted to give myself a good ten or so days to wi b4 my party. I have had about 6 good 3 /4 bad well not completely written off but bad decisions made.. stressful week this week with 21st fri so im tryin to gym it til fri...!! G|oin this evenin and hopefully tamo and thurs aswell..!!

Really hope i can even be dwn 1lb to give me some sort of boost for the week ahead!!

Best of luck to all WI

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Jwaqui, you are indeed a total inspiration to all of us!!!

Congrats and enjoy the euphoria!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi all

great losses had by all over the last while...I didn wi last week due to a couple reasons basically had few bad days and den i jus wanted to give myself a good ten or so days to wi b4 my party. I have had about 6 good 3 /4 bad well not completely written off but bad decisions made.. stressful week this week with 21st fri so im tryin to gym it til fri...!! G|oin this evenin and hopefully tamo and thurs aswell..!!

Really hope i can even be dwn 1lb to give me some sort of boost for the week ahead!!

Best of luck to all WI

xx

Shelly.
    You are turning 21 !!!!!!!!!!!! Will you ease up on yourself a bit, please. You are one of the reasons I am still here, My God Girl. Take a breath and stand back and look at what you have achieved, and enjoy it. This is a whole life change, which includes all the ups and downs that come with normal life. You have gained such knowledge in your journey, and you know if you overdo it, push your body too hard it will just push back.

Happy 21st:p

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i stayed same thurs! so im not doin too bad since. well done jwacqui on ur 50 lbs loss! it must feel great. happy birthday shellybelly08,have a good one,it won`t come again!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've been doing WW for a while now - lost 4st between september 2007 and may 2008 but then went crazy lol not just didn't try to lose weight... from what I was eating you'd swear I was trying to put weight on! Managed to put back on 3.5st =/

Anyway have been back at it for 9 weeks and have lost 16lb so am hoping for another stone by chrismas so I'd be back to 1.5st over my lightest

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all

congrats on all the losses this week:D and to you jwacqui 50lbs WOW you must be delighted congratulations:D

well i didnt make my meeting this week was so busy at work genuinely was not able to make any of the local meetings the last two days. i jumped on my scales at home and by that it seems ive stayed the same this week which i dont mind too much especially after losing 3.5lbs last week and its also tom so staying the same is ok by me!

trying to stay on track for next week though and hopefully get another lb closer to my goal by my hols;)

welcome to the newbies by the way this is a great place to find some inspiration and motivation;)

best of luck to all with WI later in the week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Felinefeelins...thanks so much for that you are right...!! Im gettin weighed tamo mornin an den gonna thoroughly enjoy the weekend and my 21st.. Your words mean alot..Thanks so much again i do really appreciate it...:D:D

EVeryone enjoy the weekend...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

hi all

congrats on all the losses this week:D and to you jwacqui 50lbs WOW you must be delighted congratulations:D

well i didnt make my meeting this week was so busy at work genuinely was not able to make any of the local meetings the last two days. i jumped on my scales at home and by that it seems ive stayed the same this week which i dont mind too much especially after losing 3.5lbs last week and its also tom so staying the same is ok by me!

trying to stay on track for next week though and hopefully get another lb closer to my goal by my hols;)

welcome to the newbies by the way this is a great place to find some inspiration and motivation;)

best of luck to all with WI later in the week:)

Don't forget there is a Saturday meeting in Abbey street at 1pm , it's the last meeting of the week so very handy if the week runs away with you

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Well done jwacqui, fantastic achievement, an inspiration to us all.
    I was down 4 lbs at this weeks WI, bringing the total to 30.5 lbs after 5 weeks on WW.
    Going really well now, can really feel the difference in clothes, football and general well being...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well done onehundred!!!

:eek: That is a fantastic achievment in just 5weeks!! Took me about 9months to lose that much!! Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

onehundred,is that over 2 stone in 5 weeks?wow,i haven`t that gone in a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

hi all, well done to everyone, and 50lbs is amazing well dne hopefully some day i will reach that, but that will keep me going, any one any advice for the winter i am finding myself wanting choc again with a cup of t and just eating more at night since dark earlier now, not sure what to do! and i am disappointed to say i have missed last two weight in because of it, feeling low but after reading post will keep going and go to meeting on wednesday and if up which is more then likely will just start again, I am getting a power plate del today well its a crazy fit one so hopefully that will help me and going to use the cross trainer which is just in my room have not used it in ages but must start again.happy birthday shellybelly08 enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

jo0380733 wrote: »
    hi all, well done to everyone, and 50lbs is amazing well dne hopefully some day i will reach that, but that will keep me going, any one any advice for the winter i am finding myself wanting choc again with a cup of t and just eating more at night since dark earlier now, not sure what to do! and i am disappointed to say i have missed last two weight in because of it, feeling low but after reading post will keep going and go to meeting on wednesday and if up which is more then likely will just start again, I am getting a power plate del today well its a crazy fit one so hopefully that will help me and going to use the cross trainer which is just in my room have not used it in ages but must start again.happy birthday shellybelly08 enjoy

the best thing about WW is that if you go off track, its so easy to go back to your meeting and start afresh. You should even go if you had a bad week its good for the head.

Also in the evenings of late the weather has been pretty good why not go for a quick walk and earn your chocolate also if you have a craving for some choc look at the alternatives there are loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Hey All,

Well I took the plunge and joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday was my first weight in and I lost 3lb! Was delighted. For me its more than a diet - its been a complete lifestyle change! Ive cooked dinner for myself for the first time in about a year this week!

Have to say though ive really enjoyed this week, ive had loads more energy and didnt find the point counting at all annoying (which is what happened to me the last time!)

So hopefully this is the start of something good!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Okay so first the bad news.....up two pounds at the last WI.....take into account that two pounds took me six weeks to lose!!!

Then the good news, all my social duties between now and Xmas are over. Skinny sister's visit, hubby's 50, Kids halloween parties etc etc. Really had a great time......don't even feel too sorry for myself. But I do feel like a piglet!! That has never happened to me before. I can usually hoover up the food and not think twice but the old body is groaning tonight. Can't wait to get back to it in the morning. The gym is calling!!!

Hope everyone is making a better fist of it than me this week.... but OMG did we have a good time!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beatrice40

hello everyone
    i enjoyed reading all the posts and knowing that im not the only one battling with this. I have recently joined WW again but my first week i gained 1.5 as i have had flu and not really moved for a week! I still went to the meeting on sat even though I knew I had gained. Unfortunately on sat eve it all went pear shaped again and i ate for england and then some!! Now I am panicking that i have blown the diet for the next week too! Today has been ok ish. If anyone can give me some advice or encouragement i would be so grateful. I have 2 and a half stone to lose! Bea x

The worst thing to think is you have blown it, your wi is a week away, you can do savage work in that week or you can think you have blown it and eat for England again!!

That is what I used to do - go oh I've blown it and eat all around me till next wi, now if I have a pig day I just have it, enjoy it and start a fresh the next day!!!

Don't dispair, you have 6 days to fix it!!!

Best of luck and when you weigh in next saturday and you have lost some weight you will feel amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

beatrice40 wrote: »
    hello everyone
    i enjoyed reading all the posts and knowing that im not the only one battling with this. I have recently joined WW again but my first week i gained 1.5 as i have had flu and not really moved for a week! I still went to the meeting on sat even though I knew I had gained. Unfortunately on sat eve it all went pear shaped again and i ate for england and then some!! Now I am panicking that i have blown the diet for the next week too! Today has been ok ish. If anyone can give me some advice or encouragement i would be so grateful. I have 2 and a half stone to lose! Bea x

hi beatrice40

i joined about 7ish weeks ago and in total ive lost 9lbs over the weeks, however i didnt manage to get to the last 2 weeks because of work, i know its not really a good enough excuse, but i just couldnt get, and it just dosnt really suit me any other day to go but tuesday, because i live in the STICKS!!
    anyway i did try to be good, but also did scoff on goodies, but im hoping to go back on tuesday, ive already sorted out my food for tomorrow and everything is pointed so no picking!
    i guess we just have to stick with it, i think if you can prepare what your going to eat in advance it can really work for you, i know it was working for me, but somehow i got lost!

hi all hope you all had a nice Halloween:)

after missing my meeting last week i was fairly good all week until saturday night came round:eek: flippping trick or treaters:eek: i made the OH answer the door to every one of them as i knew if i did id be treating myself as well as the kids :rolleyes: but i still managed to munch my way through my fair share of treats without even realising it:mad: plus we had friends over for a horror film marathon and i managed to munch my way through even more!!!:rolleyes:

so im kinda dreading my WI tomorrow im afraid they are gonna take my second stone away!!!!:o
    ive been back on track since yesterday and am hitting aquafit tonight with a bang so hoping i can minimise the damage a little by the morning:rolleyes: wish me luck!!!;)

best of luck to all with WI this week:D

• Advertisement

I am still at the weight I was 2 weeks ago, 11st 1 am really pissed today, not sure why as I know I ate too much. Not going to eat anything besides seeds that are not on the no count!!! Feck feck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Gosh we are all finding it a bit hard this week!!

I was good over halloween, but had a couple of takeaways that i just gave up pointing, earlier in the week, so only resulted in a 1lb loss this week, which i was a bit disappointed with to be honest.

Best of luck to everyone getting back on track!!

xmas babe - 1lb loss and still having a few takeaways is pretty good going in my book:) chin up a loss is a loss at the end if the day your still lighter than you were last week!!;)

pembily - chin up we all have those miserable weeks of being a bit stuck in a rut, but look at it this way your lighter than you were 3 weeks ago;)

im having a good day so far only used 6pts so far today and have a big pot of stew on for dinner tonight since its sooo cooold out today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nat29

Hi All.

This is my first post..smile.gif

Last week I joined WW. I have my first weigh in this Wednesday.. I have 2 stone to loose.
    So far I have really stuck to the plan and I have not slipped once... Which is so unlike me.. Since joining I have found I am eating non stop.. My leader told me to eat at least 16 pts per day.. Im finding this so difficult!!
    I feel I am constantly eating even tho its mostly zero point soup, fruit, veg, yogurts and weight watcher meals.. Also, I think I am marking each food higher in points.. Im finding it so hard to eat over 16pts per day..

Someone please help!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beatrice40

Evening All!
    Thanks for the replies today has been better. I still sat and droolled over the sausage mash and peas and jam tart and custard that was for lunch at school but i resisted!!!! Two of my children brought me chocolate as a treat and I still resisted, going to save it till after my WI. Boy this is hard work ..one good day down here's hoping for tomorrow!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

God. Is it somewthing in the water or what? Having more than a bit of a disaster meself too. Not goin to list out the naughties, too depressing. Have restarted every day this last week and am going to keep doing this until I get out of this rut. Ah well, roll on tomorrow, time to restart, yet again.

Have been on the road the last week which hasn't helped, put up over 1,200 miles, and it ain't over till Sunday. Keep making bad choices for grub.

Good luck to all.

Nat29 wrote: »
    Hi All.

This is my first post..smile.gif

Last week I joined WW. I have my first weigh in this Wednesday.. I have 2 stone to loose.
    So far I have really stuck to the plan and I have not slipped once... Which is so unlike me.. Since joining I have found I am eating non stop.. My leader told me to eat at least 16 pts per day.. Im finding this so difficult!!
    I feel I am constantly eating even tho its mostly zero point soup, fruit, veg, yogurts and weight watcher meals.. Also, I think I am marking each food higher in points.. Im finding it so hard to eat over 16pts per day..

Someone please help!!!

Try not to think about how much you have to lose, it'll just wreck your head. If you end up at 15pts on the odd day it's not the end of the world it's just if you consistently come in way below your points that your body will panic. The first week is tough but just re-read the week 1 pack and keep up the good work! Remember, the lbs lost add up and if you can lose just 1 lb a week you'll be at goal by the May bank holiday and I'm sure you'll do better than that.

Yahoo!!! it's November and I have nothing on except a 40th birthday when I'm going to be "on antibiotics" as I won't be able to use the driving excuse to not drink and therefore stay on track. I have decided to get fit, I invested in a personal trainer once a week and he has designed a day to day program for me to do on the other 6 days. I also had a weekend of shopping, cooking and freezing so I feel more in control than I have in months. I am determined to be back at goal by Christmas as I have a dress of fabulousness that I've only worn once. It's hanging on the outside of my wardrobe and I'm determined ti be in it by new years. Who would have thought 10lbs would be so difficult to lose when I've lost 6 stone 8lbs. My main focus is if I slip a little not to beat myself up about it and let it spiral into 4 slices of cheese on toast, [slip? ok now back on track] Water Water Water

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    Who would have thought 10lbs would be so difficult to lose when I've lost 6 stone 8lbs. My main focus is if I slip a little not to beat myself up about it and let it spiral into 4 slices of cheese on toast, [slip? ok now back on track] Water Water Water

Oh I agree, can't remember cos it was 3 years ago but all I seem to be able to remember is that it was easy, but now I only have 7lb to loose it's nearly like I have 7stone to loose, it's not easy... The one thing I have learned though is not to beat yourself up, this only makes you feel worse, which makes you eat!!!

Best of luck to all this week!!!! Onwards and downwards :):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hi everyone,

Last 2 weeks have been a total disaster for me. Haven't been to weigh in. Started off with me tearing a muscle in my thigh which meant I couldn't exercise, and I found that really tough. Never thought I'd miss my running so much! And instead of compensating for the lack of exercise I ended up eating all around me. That's the thing with me - if I exercise I find it much easier to eat healthily (the realisation of how difficult it is to work off the points makes me far less likely to reach for the chocolate lol).

Then last week was another write off, even worse than the previous week, and was very stressful which led to a flare up in my psoriasis. I've been advised to try a juice fast for a few days to see if it will help so I'm going to try that, and hopefully it will work, and also have the bonus of undoing the damage of the last few weeks.

So it's back on track from right now, this second.

And the physio thinks I'll be able to start back exercising from this weekend so things are looking up again.

Good luck to everyone this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement