Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Thank you. You are definitely right ya? I was using a different formula that i found online. Luckily, it works out as roughly the same daily amount as your one.
    [/url]

The one I gave you is taken direct from my ww book. Using your formula I would be on 24 points a day, 3more than I should be :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

OMG! What a bad day! Have eaten more today than in a week! Genuinely the worst day since I started. Weather crap, kids cranky, hubby AWOL (I wonder why). Heading for the bath before I throttle someone, then X Factor and bed. Roll on tomorrow! Is it possible to put back on a stone in a day....if so I HAVE JUST DONE IT:eek:
    dont worry about it misspiggy! it must be a bad week (yes im blaming the week) for food. ive eaten twice if not more my daily points since tuesday! i need motivation classes or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Thank you. You are definitely right ya? I was using a different formula that i found online. Luckily, it works out as roughly the same daily amount as your one.
    This is the formula I've been using all along. Which is the correct one? http://www.peertrainer.com/LoungeCommunityThread.aspx?ForumID=1&ThreadID=47011

the formula you found is the American one. Pembilly is using the Irish and UK version. the only difference is that they weigh in lbs in America, the system abroad is slightly different as well as they weigh in kgs but they all usually work out in or around the same

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Thanks Edgedinblue. But do you know what....I feel better already. It is great to have somewhere to express your bad days as well as your good days. Really puts things in perspective when you write it down. Thanks to everyone.;)

im glad you feel better misspiggy! it defo does feel good to come on here, and get a bit of motivation from others on ww, instead of relying on yourself to push yourself! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

just started ww last April, with a stone and 3/4 to lose, stuck at a point now for the past month with just under a stone to lose grrrrrrr! any tips? i want to get to my goal by xmas at latest :)
    oh and a question just for the girlies plse :D If your feeling a tad bloated coming up to the toime of the month how much would that put you up does anyone know? a pound or 2? Id like to know for my next weigh in as Iv been as good as is possible other than that! thankies!

i was told couple weeks ago that you can put up to 3 pounds on that week from water and whatnot.. maybe im wrong? anyone else been told different?

lol ah gr8! makes sense to me now the past couple of mths b4 with that! tankies! :D

no problem! :) dont worry about those pounds they'll be well off the week after TOM

no problem! :) dont worry about those pounds they'll be well off the week after TOM
    ah gr8! feeling better now tankies :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

hi all green apple here. Have been watching this thread for 3 weeks now it is my favourite.:D on weight watchers for 5 weeks now. Having a little difficulty each week with constipation. Dont know why as i have increased my fruit and veg hugely over the last month. I am a coeliac also so i dont eat any bread or cereal products. my only carbs would be brown rice, rice cakes and potato. Anyone else having any difficulty??? sorry about the subject matter. :(

Hi Green Apple. For what it is worth I think it takes the body a while to get used to eating less and so your bowel kicks up for a while. That was my experience anyhow and at least one other poster mentioned it too. I used Psyllium Husks, I am fairly sure they are okay with your condition too. I put them in yogurt for about two weeks and then had no further need for them. A little bag cost less than €4 and I used a bag a week. Good luck and welcome.;)

A bowl of porridge made with 30g of dried oats [you can get coeliac porridge in most health food shops] 30g of raisins, 1 teaspoon of linseed and a half teaspoon of cinnamon makes a filling and tasty breakfast for 3pts with the added advantage of keeping you moving. Half a tin of drained prunes [2pts]will work too

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    just started ww last April, with a stone and 3/4 to lose, stuck at a point now for the past month with just under a stone to lose grrrrrrr! any tips? i want to get to my goal by xmas at latest :)
    oh and a question just for the girlies plse :D If your feeling a tad bloated coming up to the toime of the month how much would that put you up does anyone know? a pound or 2? Id like to know for my next weigh in as Iv been as good as is possible other than that! thankies!

Take out and re-read your week 1 book and pretend you are just starting. have a week or two on fast start and change your exercise, skipping is amazing for a kick start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all! Haven't been in here in ages!!

Last weigh in lost 2 pounds which made a total of forty pound! Was delighted! :D

Heading to see a concert tonight and am being brought out for a meal first! Planning on having steak and chips with no sauce so hopefully not too extreme of points. Have saved about 6/7 anyway to compensate. Heading out for drinks after so it could be a bad day! But days like these are rare I suppose!!

To try and pull back, before we head today I'm having low point food to fill up so I can have the meal later!!

I had grilled tomatoes with onion on top and loads of butternut squash chips for 0 points!!! It's brill what you can eat for nothing at all!! Gonna have a pack of WW nachos as well to keep me going!

I think that's one of the biggest changes on WW... You really do change your mindset. Back in the old days I would have had loads of food and then my meal.

The fact that I'm taking the meal and drinks into account and adapting what I eat in the day is a huge change!!

I've just over 2 pounds to go till my three stone! Hope I get it this week but if not, I hope it will come the following!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nemor

Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for ages and have found it very helpful in my weight-loss journey. I reached goal in January this year, having lost almost 5 stone. It has stayed off until a few weeks ago when I seem to be eating more and making no effort to watch what I eat etc...I don't know why I've become so de-motivated, I had not really been counting points but I was careful not to overeat or eat too much of the wrong foods. I have put on 4-5lbs in the last few weeks and I'm beginning to feel a bit depressed by it. I know its my own fault but I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice or has gone through something similar? I don't want to undo all of the hard work that I put in over the last 18 months.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Was down another 1lb this week :):) 7lb to go and still on the road there :):)

Any one who has lost motivation, it goes in cycles, you work so hard and you loose it and you feel you need a break I know!!!

Myself and my sister are the same, we eat!!! We love food and we can never starve ourselves!!!! So when I eat, I exercise, that way I can eat the chocolate in moderation and I don't put on the weight I WORKED SO HARD TO LOOSE!!! But you will have binge days but they will be few and far between from now on as your habits have changed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Hi everyone,

Today is my first weigh in day, and i lost 5lbs which i'm delighted with, considering i have to admit going over my points on about 3 days this week. Now i'm more organised and in tune with what i can eat, so hopefully i'll stay on track this week, and aim for a 2lb loss.

Good luck everyone who's weigh in day is Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

thanks for all the advice..:) will make a trip to the health food shop. bank holiday is just so difficult!!! ill have my fingers crossed for wi on wednesday.;)

nemor wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for ages and have found it very helpful in my weight-loss journey. I reached goal in January this year, having lost almost 5 stone. It has stayed off until a few weeks ago when I seem to be eating more and making no effort to watch what I eat etc...I don't know why I've become so de-motivated, I had not really been counting points but I was careful not to overeat or eat too much of the wrong foods. I have put on 4-5lbs in the last few weeks and I'm beginning to feel a bit depressed by it. I know its my own fault but I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice or has gone through something similar? I don't want to undo all of the hard work that I put in over the last 18 months.:rolleyes:

Go back to your meeting as soon as possible. I lost 5 stone 3 times and kept it off for a while but when it started to creep back on I kept telling myself that I could lose it on my own despite all the evidence to the contrary. I don't want you to make the same mistake I made and once you get back to within 5lbs of goal you won't have to pay so it's like having a free pass to all the help, knowledge, tips, hints and motivation you could need. Think how fab you'll feel at Christmas if you are back at goal and in control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    Go back to your meeting as soon as possible. I lost 5 stone 3 times and kept it off for a while but when it started to creep back on I kept telling myself that I could lose it on my own despite all the evidence to the contrary. I don't want you to make the same mistake I made and once you get back to within 5lbs of goal you won't have to pay so it's like having a free pass to all the help, knowledge, tips, hints and motivation you could need. Think how fab you'll feel at Christmas if you are back at goal and in control.

I have to totally agree with Eimhearwwl, she gives great advice and the same happened me, 1lb turned into 8lb over my goal weight and it was cause I wasn't going to meetings, so I had to go back and get back on track, 3 years on its still off but right now I cant get to a meeting at all that is why I am on here but I would recommend going to the meeting, if only for the wi (staying for the advice is the best though). You defo should be able to find you 30min a week for time for you!!! Hypocritical I know...

Best of luck and it's one bite at a time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Nemor

Have to agree with all that has been said here regards the support etc. Its when it creeps back a little at a time and u ignore it saying, "I'v done it b4.................." Most here have been in that boat and know where you are coming from. stick it out.

Well done pembily, its good going considering u hit the munchies a few days back.

Very proud of myself today. Cooked a steak dinner with all the trimmings. (no chips) followed by profitroles, cream n choc sauce. had the dinner with a with a load of the mushrooms n onion mix(no oil) one spud. No dessert........................................... I don't feel I missed out on anything by not having the sweet, it';s sitting out in the kitchen if I want it, but, too tired to work it off. lol.

Hey all just wondering! Meant to ask this question after last weigh in!

At WW, my starting weight was 14st 8 or 204 lbs

last weigh in I had lost 20 pounds...

Should I have gotten my 10% sticker?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

had weight in tonight I lost 3lbs and OH lost 1.5lbs.

so far total weight loss combined 13.5lbs(or the bed is that much lighter ha ha) only second week back feels great

Hey all just wondering! Meant to ask this question after last weigh in!

At WW, my starting weight was 14st 8 or 204 lbs

last weigh in I had lost 20 pounds...

Should I have gotten my 10% sticker?!?

10% of 204 would be 20.5 lbs so it should be in a half a lbs time plus you are almost at your third silver seven. You will get a booklet from your leader about building on the 10% achievement so keep up the good work

WooHoo DWG. 10% IS FANTASTIC. Think of the health benefits of that. Really well done on that and overall.

Thanks a million Miss Piggy!!! It's made an awful difference!! Really it's almost 20% of my body weight if you count the weight I had gone before WW.

Oooo! All excited now! Please god I'll get at least a pound off for my silver seven and the 10%!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nemor

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I went back to my meeting this morning and it was not as bad as I expected! I had put on 1lb since I last weighed in last March which is not too bad. I know that I had lost about 5lbs more since the last weigh in so I reality I have put on about 6lbs but my leader was really encouraging and reminded me that I'm stlll well under my goal weight and just to keep an eye on things. I'm counting points and writing everything down again from today, so feeling much more positive and in control. Thanks again to everyone for all the encouragement and best of luck for the week ahead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

HI has been about a month since i have been on and my weight has not really changed i have been up and down and up and down. But new week for me again i am also getting a vibro plate any one try them getting it for 8 weeks due end of this week early next week!! hope it works some bit! my eating has been so bad and tom but still going to get weight 2mor so can start afresh!! hope everyone doing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone! Got my 50lb certificate this week!! DELIGHTED!! Thought I would share it with you all :D

Keep on going good or bad!! Stay for class! And keep positive!! :p

ww 015.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement