Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    LOL can ppl maybe post some cake/bar/cookie recipes over in the new thread...its look depressingly empty! and the cake ppl are getting confused!!!!

Link in my signature!

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I'm definitely toning down my posts from now on but never fear for i am on FB...where the madness is wild and free! I shall pine for toast! and prob end up eating the toast....then curse at the bread bin...then have a biscuit...and vow to start again tomorrow!

LOL!

nah...but I'm doing good now..I have all of the best intentions for my self...and the summer! I want to get healthy....I live in cancer blackspot in cork....i NEED to get healthy....I want to be strong enough to fight it if i ever get the big C

Nothing Tastes As Good As Feeling Healthy!

Healthy Is The New Skinny!

Losing Weight But Living My Life!

Anyone Who Gets In My way....I'll Sit On You

I'm definitely toning down my posts from now on but never fear for i am on FB...where the madness is wild and free! I shall pine for toast! and prob end up eating the toast....then curse at the bread bin...then have a biscuit...and vow to start again tomorrow!

LOL!

nah...but I'm doing good now..I have all of the best intentions for my self...and the summer! I want to get healthy....I live in cancer blackspot in cork....i NEED to get healthy....I want to be strong enough to fight it if i ever get the big C

adding you on FB feel free to ignore in if you want :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

LOL!

Oh my god don't say things like that!! Tempting fate. :( Love the last quote though ha ha :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Feeling great today, got my hair done for real cheap with a city deal and I asked her to do something to make my face look slimmer and she did. Popped in to my old work place and everyone said it to me how well I looked :D. Then I saw the Queen and gave her a wave. She went to my new place of work today and I am just so excited to start next week cos there will be a great buzz in town with Obama coming and all. No more being negative for me!

Thankyou Lainy for bringing Readybreak into my life ha ha, kept me going til 1.30pm today. Then I was bold having a loaded wrap and side of coleslaw for lunch. I'll try and be good for dinner :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

lil kc wrote: »
    Oh my god don't say things like that!! Tempting fate. :( Love the last quote though ha ha :D

too many lurkers for my liking. but i'll be around...prob still as much as always...just saving the best of me....for my place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Lainy you do not need to tone down your posts at all! Ps I love the 'I'll sit on them' quote too! Why would you think you do?

I knew why you posted what you had today to show it's doable without junk & you're right it is sure aren't we feckin doing it! I just don't want to give anyone an excuse to say yep they're posting unacceptable material/ are going against the charter/ are promoting unhealthy eating practices etc! so just thought agh if it looks like a food diary we'll get a rap on the knuckles for it!

It's like the feckin mars bar cake someone sees it pounces on it & then a whole sh1t storm ensues.

It seems really quite here today I hope ppl haven't ran away from us over what happened?!

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Lainy you do not need to tone down your posts at all! Ps I love the 'I'll sit on them' quote too! Why would you think you do?

I knew why you posted what you had today to show it's doable without junk & you're right it is sure aren't we feckin doing it! I just don't want to give anyone an excuse to say yep they're posting unacceptable material/ are going against the charter/ are promoting unhealthy eating practices etc! so just thought agh if it looks like a food diary we'll get a rap on the knuckles for it!

It's like the feckin mars bar cake someone sees it pounces on it & then a whole sh1t storm ensues.

It seems really quite here today I hope ppl haven't ran away from us over what happened?!

its dinner time....thats all :)

YUMMMMMMMMMM thai green curry!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

it wasnt THAT bad yesterday ....

sure, WW was questioned but

If we keep posting as we were(minus the receipes), keep supporting each other, then there is no harm done.
    If we can respond respectfully and intellegently to any 'challenges' to the WW system, then there is no harm done.

The fun seems to have gone out of this place ... let's bring it back.

I personally think it would be awfull if people retreated to FB, FB is to open for me, I like the fact that it feels like I know you guys, but yet you could be sitting beside me on the bus and I wouldnt know.

Dont get me wrong, I'm on FB but not to chat about food and how my weight loss is going

c'mon guys

Any one have a good recipe for salmon please :)

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

it wasnt THAT bad yesterday ....

If we keep posting as we were(minus the receipes), then there is no harm done.
    If we can respond respectfully and intellegently to any 'challenges' to the WW system, then there is no harm done.

The fun seems to have gone out of this place ... let's bring it back.

c'mon guys

shake your money maker!!!!!!

Que Justin Timberlake " I'm bringing ww back" HAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, WI tonight and I STS. Bit disappointed as I thought I would be down 1lb or even a half, but I definitely feel my clothes looser today so hopefully I lost inches. The amount of food I ate today might be to blame, was STARVING today. Had my usual breakfast, morning break and lunch but also had an extra apple, banana, packet of popcorn and a bold kitkat crept its way in there too.
    LOL can ppl maybe post some cake/bar/cookie recipes over in the new thread...its look depressingly empty! and the cake ppl are getting confused!!!!

Link in my signature!

I would, if I knew any. I don't let myself even "try" baking recipes, because I would eat them ALL.

Lainy, would you mind posting or PM-ing your workouts. I would love to give them a go. Although all I have is hand weights (that weight 2.5lbs). Don't have kettleballs or anything like that.

Monife wrote: »
    Well, WI tonight and I STS. Bit disappointed as I thought I would be down 1lb or even a half, but I definitely feel my clothes looser today so hopefully I lost inches. The amount of food I ate today might be to blame, was STARVING today. Had my usual breakfast, morning break and lunch but also had an extra apple, banana, packet of popcorn and a bold kitkat crept its way in there too.

I would, if I knew any. I don't let myself even "try" baking recipes, because I would eat them ALL.

Lainy, would you mind posting or PM-ing your workouts. I would love to give them a go. Although all I have is hand weights (that weight 2.5lbs). Don't have kettleballs or anything like that.

I'll try....there hard to explain cos there customised exercises...that she came up with her self for me...i'll try typing them up later...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'll try....there hard to explain cos there customised exercises...that she came up with her self for me...i'll try typing them up later...

or just post a video:rolleyes:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    or just post a video:rolleyes:

semi read my mind...im tying to find the "exercises" on you tube, some of them are standard...some of them custom

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Missed the drama or whatever yesterday....Are we allowed to still post recipes or what is the problem?
    Someone asked about a recipe for Salmon. There is a very simple tasty one on the philadephia website, Basically you spread some lite philadelphia on salmon,top with breadcrumbs and chives and bake! Point according to how much fish/ cheese and crumbs you use!

This forum is great, please.....!!! dont let it be closed! Lady Lainy you are so encouraging , please don't stop!!

SAexpat wrote: »
    Missed the drama or whatever yesterday....Are we allowed to still post recipes or what is the problem?
    Someone asked about a recipe for Salmon. There is a very simple tasty one on the philadephia website, Basically you spread some lite philadelphia on salmon,top with breadcrumbs and chives and bake! Point according to how much fish/ cheese and crumbs you use!

This forum is great, please.....!!! dont let it be closed! Lady Lainy you are so encouraging , please don't stop!!

We can still post recipes. It is just advisable that we post healthy, nutritious recipes here as this thread is in the "Nutrition and Diet" forum. For cakes or sweet treats, you can post it in ww inspired cake & bake recipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rugby Chic26

Well I'm joining WW next Monday. I've even roped in a friend from work to go too so it won't be so scary going in there with someone else!!
    Really looking forward to it now! Thanks to all of ye that gave me loads of tips the other day.

Just wondering if ye plan ye're meals for the week ahead or do ye just decide what to eat as ye go? I'm trying to get organised before I join up on Monday!

Also I'm the worst person for exercise! Don't do any really & know I'm going to have to do something along with the WW plan or I'll be wasting my time! Anyone have any tips on how to start exercising and build on it? Also what types of exercise would ye recommend? Not going to be joining a gym!

Well I'm joining WW next Monday. I've even roped in a friend from work to go too so it won't be so scary going in there with someone else!!
    Really looking forward to it now! Thanks to all of ye that gave me loads of tips the other day.

Just wondering if ye plan ye're meals for the week ahead or do ye just decide what to eat as ye go? I'm trying to get organised before I join up on Monday!

Also I'm the worst person for exercise! Don't do any really & know I'm going to have to do something along with the WW plan or I'll be wasting my time! Anyone have any tips on how to start exercising and build on it? Also what types of exercise would ye recommend? Not going to be joining a gym!

Some ppl walk, some jog, some are doing couch to 5k, I walk on treadmill and do weight and toning, some ppl are swimming, its what ever you are comfortable with, can afford and have time for. :)

Some ppl walk, some jog, some are doing couch to 5k, I walk on treadmill and do weight and toning, some ppl are swimming, its what ever you are comfortable with, can afford and have time for. :)

Thanks Lady Lainy. I just find it VERY hard to get motivated to start exercising! Once I get into it though I am usually good at sticking to it then! I'm planning on starting walking, using an exercise dvd at home & also using a stationary bike which I have at home. I also have the wii fit so I've no excuses really! Just gotta get off my butt & start it all!!

• Advertisement

I find planning is KEY! I google recipes and try and try something new every 2nd week. I would plan what meals I am eating throughout the week. If I like them, I usually just make 4 portions of 2 meals so eating 2 different meals throughout the week and do a big cook on Sunday so there is little time reheating or cooking some potatoes or rice to go with them during the week. Also, you will save ALOT of money on planning. I made the mistake of just buying loads of fruit, veg and healthy stuff the first week and ended up spending 90euro on just myself for one week :eek::eek:

With exercise, well it really depends on how active you were before. For me, I was not active at all. I would drive to the shop that is a 5/10 minute walk down the road from me and would always make excuses so I wouldn't have to move/walk very far. I started off with 15 minute walks a few times a week. I then slowly increased the time to 20 minutes and so on. I can now do 5k comfortably in an hour (started WW 6 months ago) I also started the couch to 5k (google it) running plan which is brilliant and I would definitely recommend it. Started off with 1 minute jog intervals, where I was huffing and puffing and soooo tired and now I can jog 20 minutes. I have taken a little break from it (at week 6, there is 9 weeks) but going to get back to it after I have moved apartments. If you decide to do it, if you feel you need to repeat a week then do, I repeated week 5 as it is a huge milestone in the program. Either way, you would be jogging 30 minutes in 9-12 weeks.

Good luck :)

Monife wrote: »
    I find planning is KEY! I google recipes and try and try something new every 2nd week. I would plan what meals I am eating throughout the week. If I like them, I usually just make 4 portions of 2 meals so eating 2 different meals throughout the week and do a big cook on Sunday so there is little time reheating or cooking some potatoes or rice to go with them during the week. Also, you will save ALOT of money on planning. I made the mistake of just buying loads of fruit, veg and healthy stuff the first week and ended up spending 90euro on just myself for one week :eek::eek:

With exercise, well it really depends on how active you were before. For me, I was not active at all. I would drive to the shop that is a 5/10 minute walk down the road from me and would always make excuses so I wouldn't have to move/walk very far. I started off with 15 minute walks a few times a week. I then slowly increased the time to 20 minutes and so on. I can now do 5k comfortably in an hour (started WW 6 months ago) I also started the couch to 5k (google it) running plan which is brilliant and I would definitely recommend it. Started off with 1 minute jog intervals, where I was huffing and puffing and soooo tired and now I can jog 20 minutes. I have taken a little break from it (at week 6, there is 9 weeks) but going to get back to it after I have moved apartments. If you decide to do it, if you feel you need to repeat a week then do, I repeated week 5 as it is a huge milestone in the program. Either way, you would be jogging 30 minutes in 9-12 weeks.

Good luck :)

Thanks for all that Monife.
    That sounds like a very good idea with the meal planning. I work shift work & find it very hard to make dinners now. I think its also down to being lazy & very unorganised & it has definitely contributed to my weight gain. I think I will definitely benefit from being organised & taking a day to make a few meals & freezing them for the week ahead!

The way you describe yourself before you started exercising sounds just like me! I'm constantly using my car for short journeys & constantly making excuses to avoid exercise! I think if I start off like you said with the walking & build on that then I will more than likely stick with it. I'll definitely check out the couch to 5km!

Thanks for all the tips! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Went to my first wi last week and lost 5.5lbs. I was soooo delighted!! I have ALWAYS been 9 stone 6-9lbs!! A year ago I was racing, running evry day...etc!!Its taken me only a yr to jump to 11stone 13lbs, its emotional eating as moved away from home town to a place I dnt know anyone except bf so findin hard to motivate myself......God only in my 2nd wk and Ive been sooooooooooooo bad......on Sun ALONE ate, pouch of Minstrels,popcorn,dairymilk!!I felt SICK!!! I get very bad cravings around TOM!!What I find very difficult is....I have NO MOTIVATION since moving!!! It gets me reallllyyy down some days....even my bf says Im not as outgoing anymore!!! When I was at home I was part of a climbing club, cycling club and Tri club. Easier said than done to join something here as I feel like I should be fitter to join in first place!!! My first step was joining ww but I feel like Ill never see undr 11 stone!!!! I know alot in same boat, I just feel like having a moan!!! I feel like ww is very difficult when doing it on your own between meetings.You have to change your mind to change your ways!!Im just finding it difficult!!Ive 2 pants that fit me!Im going to Africa in Aug and thought that would be my goal but that is creepin up fast (like my weight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Happy out 2 an half down tonight well pleased :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Hey all,

Haven't been on in afew days with exams but geeeeeess I've obvo missed out something major!

This thread is amazing, I love it! Everyone is so supportive of one another and we're all in the same boat so it's a brilliant resource to have and would be such a shame to see it removed :(

Sooo we have a new forum for "bad" recipies and we can still post ww recipies here? Am I up to speed??

Gosh I would actually be soo peeved if there was no thread lol..."let them eat cake" :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

irishfm wrote: »
    Happy out 2 an half down tonight well pleased :D:D:D

WELL DONE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had wi this evening and was down a lb :D delighted cos i was bad enough on sunday. so i got to my ww goal :D we had a stand in leader tonight and she asked was i happy with my goal and i said i wanted to lose more so she changed it for me so have another 3lbs now to get to goal. so happy. and im going to work really really hard this week to get that 3lbs gone asap :) i want to lose more than that personally but i will keep my ww goal at that so i can get my gold card :)

kc83 wrote: »
    WELL DONE!!!

hey KC welcome to the thread! Dont worry we'll have you spurred on and ready to get out there in no time :)

we're a cyber clich :P The Trials & Tribulation of life on WW. thats what this thread should be callled....

None of us are perfect! I find it hard to put my self out there too, Not really close to anyone local, my nearest true friend lives about 2 hours away on bus and she's married with kids...so doesnt have alot of time for "get togethers "

When i was in college i was working like a freak of nature...barely saw my cousins...who live next door to me! last week was fiirst time actually saw them properly since CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Are there any charity walks coming up in your area? the irish guide dogs are doing alot of this at the moment, great way to start talking to people.

The local newpaper prob has listing of local sporting clubs, or google your area. You sound like your a great team player...just need to find your self a team....WE'RE TEAM WW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

People looking for lasagna recipe!

I cooked my chicken mince, veg and all in passata as if I were making spag bol, whacked in the lasagna dish with as much pasta etc as you like. I normally steam some fresh spinach till it starts to wilt and put in a layer of that too.

The white sauce is easy as pie, creme fraiche and parmesan cheese...I used the WW creme fraiche at 6pp for the tub and 70g of parmesan which was 7pp...but that was for a big lasagna dish!

I used 500g of chicken mince, 3 peppers, 3 carrots (I grated them to bulk it out), 6 turkey rashers cut up, 180g lasagna sheets and 160g (:eek:) of full fat cheese...the cheese was 20pp alone, you could cut this by using LowLow I'd say, but I had none in the house!

The whole lot came to 68pp for the entire dish, split into 8 portions giving me 8.5 per portion, I'm calling it 9. Bear in mind its a big dish, hence the seemingly high points!!

It's frigging gorgeous even if I do say so myself!! I used an assortment of herbs etc to season the mince, and the turkey rashers are completely optional but I like them myself!

Having that tonight with homemade 'garlic bread' :p - a wrap with garlic butter on it and stuck in the oven :p

Got 40 mins of Zumba and 30 sit ups in - the situps crucified me, think its because I haven't exercised in sooooo long!

Definitely +1 on the meal plans, as Monife said they're great from a money point of view too, and means you're more focused in the supermarket and less likely to pick up random bits that you'd be tempted to eat :p I avoid the sweets aisle altogether unless I need curly wurlys.

Did my meal plan for the next week, some gorgeous dishes on the menu including stir frys, sausage casserole and homemade beefburgers and BNS chips! Can't wait!

Sorry for the long post...:)

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    People looking for lasagna recipe!

I cooked my chicken mince, veg and all in passata as if I were making spag bol, whacked in the lasagna dish with as much pasta etc as you like. I normally steam some fresh spinach till it starts to wilt and put in a layer of that too.

The white sauce is easy as pie, creme fraiche and parmesan cheese...I used the WW creme fraiche at 6pp for the tub and 70g of parmesan which was 7pp...but that was for a big lasagna dish!

I used 500g of chicken mince, 3 peppers, 3 carrots (I grated them to bulk it out), 6 turkey rashers cut up, 180g lasagna sheets and 160g (:eek:) of full fat cheese...the cheese was 20pp alone, you could cut this by using LowLow I'd say, but I had none in the house!

The whole lot came to 68pp for the entire dish, split into 8 portions giving me 8.5 per portion, I'm calling it 9. Bear in mind its a big dish, hence the seemingly high points!!

It's frigging gorgeous even if I do say so myself!! I used an assortment of herbs etc to season the mince, and the turkey rashers are completely optional but I like them myself!

Having that tonight with homemade 'garlic bread' :p - a wrap with garlic butter on it and stuck in the oven :p

Got 40 mins of Zumba and 30 sit ups in - the situps crucified me, think its because I haven't exercised in sooooo long!

Definitely +1 on the meal plans, as Monife said they're great from a money point of view too, and means you're more focused in the supermarket and less likely to pick up random bits that you'd be tempted to eat :p I avoid the sweets aisle altogether unless I need curly wurlys.

Did my meal plan for the next week, some gorgeous dishes on the menu including stir frys, sausage casserole and homemade beefburgers and BNS chips! Can't wait!

Sorry for the long post...:)

That lasagne sounds fab! Definitely going to try that out! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement