Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Becky85 wrote: »
    GTI watched the final on satuday couldn't get over the difference of some of them was amazing, off to watch supersize vs superskinny myself!
    how unlucky was Koli, if he doesnt get voted of the final 4 by hte public, he wins the whole show, he was 4-5% better off than the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I know this is behind where they are at in the US but ...

The 'New' Biggest looser(S8, e1) is on tonight on Sky Livingit @ 21:00

Largest contestant ever, accoring to the 'i' button, previous largest was 525lbs:eek:.

oh, and then there is Alison Sweeney!:cool:

Great Thanks! BL always motivates me excercise wise!

Just had the nicest easiest dinner! (if you have the pp for it)

Coconut Chicken + Baby potatoes

potatoes 300g 6pp
    Chicken breast 4pp
    Gravy 1pp
    50g frozen peas & corn 1pp (25g of each)

BIG plate of food for 12pp

Marinade: (which i drained from the chicken and didnt actually eat so didnt point it)

about 100ml Reduced fat coconut milk,
    tea spoon green curry paste, beat to gether, and pour over the chicken leave to absorb for few hours,

grilled the chicken in george forman. boil up the potatos, peas and corn,

make the gravy, the chicken doesnt need the gravy cos its just so tender and juicy, but cant have spuds with out a bit gravy!

SERVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Monife wrote: »
    WOW!! Well done, so jealous. I have 120lb to lose in total, am on my 26th week and have lost 44lb. That is brilliant, well done.

Ugh girls and guys, getting really annoyed with that WW bashing thread. They are now even linking to our posts to prove their "points".

Stop, I've just stopped looking at it.

I'm all for someone doing a different diet, but you don't see me going in and bashing someone elses choice of diet.

:(

qoute removed to keep the peace :).

the poster on the other forum apologisef for qouting my comments, i happy to leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

and mine it breaks the spirt of this thread to do that to us it is a disgrace:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I FINALLY found the skinny cow icecreams.

The mint choc ones are gorgeous and only 2PP. Hope I can find them again, as I saw this in Mullingar when I was coming back from Sligo on the weekend.

Stupidly bought 2 boxes with the excitement of finding them... forgetting that I am moving next week and will have to defrost the freezer and eat everything in it!! Have to pawn some off on the OH ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

harr wrote: »
    Hi

just back from my third week WI and this week i have lost another......4 lb :D
    That is 17 pound in total or 1 stone 3 pound in 3 weeks :eek: really loving the new pro points.I am down to 41 points daily now which might make things a little tougher

Well done thats awesome :)

As GT said, happy enough that others have apologised, going to leave it at that. Hope we can all be civil and understand others views, and hopefully they can understand ours.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    woooo Mama bear is tired now!

THANKIES

Me too. Off to bed now, early night.

Can't wait to get WI over tomorrow (although I didn't fall off the wagon, I haven't been very good lately) and start a new week. Determined to get back to exercise this week, and to do 7k in preparation for the Mini Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Baby75 wrote: »
    mine were awful even the kids didnt like them! I used fresh pineapple and low low butter thinking that might be the problem! what low fat spread did you use
    i used tinned pineapple and a low fat spread from aldi,they were kinda chewy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

harr wrote: »
    Hi

just back from my third week WI and this week i have lost another......4 lb :D
    That is 17 pound in total or 1 stone 3 pound in 3 weeks :eek: really loving the new pro points.I am down to 41 points daily now which might make things a little tougher
    well done,ive loss the same amount since 6/1/11 !!!!!!!!!! how are you doin so well,any tips? im dreadful this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Up half a pound. Knew I would be so I don't mind too much. Have been feeling rough but tomorrow is a new day.

On the issue of that other thread, I'm absolutely disgusted that someone has posted a comment from one of the users here. That's so out of order. Tbh, I think people have an idea of what ww is and that we all eat crap everyday and therefore we are in a cult. Such f.ucking nonsense. The nutrition and diet forum is one of the most unwelcoming and downright hostile forums I've encountered during my 9 years on this site. If you're not a food Nazi purist you're not welcome. Personally I'd prefer to have a hosted forum dedicated to WW away from the disgusting level of ridicule we've been subjected to in the main forum.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Up half a pound. Knew I would be so I don't mind too much. Have been feeling rough but tomorrow is a new day.

On the issue of that other thread, I'm absolutely disgusted that someone has posted a comment from one of the users here. That's so out of order. Tbh, I think people have an idea of what ww is and that we all eat crap everyday and therefore we are in a cult. Such f.ucking nonsense. The nutrition and diet forum is one of the most unwelcoming and downright hostile forums I've encountered during my 9 years on this site. If you're not a food Nazi purist you're not welcome. Personally I'd prefer to have a hosted forum dedicated to WW away from the disgusting level of ridicule we've been subjected to in the main forum.

At least we have the balls to fess up when we have slip ups....everyone cheats on every diet!

That "other" thread has been taken care of now i think...we didnt like it....we spoke up....cant slate us for that...

and i do apologise for being overly mouthy....i admit...i prob let the inner b*tch come out a bit too much.....

I'M SORRY BOARDS & MODS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

[/QUOTE]

but low card is not sustainable long term! you have to cut out certain foods???? so one will only do it for so long then stop return to old habits and put back on weight! plus its not healthy either! my cousin did this diet cut out carbs she got very sick from a build up of ketones in her blood and her kidneys and liver were not too healthy! any one who had diabetes will know how bad ketones are.

I read some of that threadeek.gifmad.gif glad its closed for review

I like the new WW program I bet it will have a higher success rate to me the key to losing weight and keep it off is eating a well balanced diet with exercise cutting out some foods that you like is not going to work long term so we need to learn what portions we can have etc, I know I eat healthy just need to look at my portion size and I am actually rejoining WW lighter than when I left biggrin.gif I kept the weight off and lost some on my own, I know I can do it and I know I will keep it off and sure with this thread for support we can prove we can all do it! smile.gif
    hollyhock wrote: »
    i used tinned pineapple and a low fat spread from aldi,they were kinda chewy!
    I must try that thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

izzy24 wrote: »
    Here is recipe for Mars Bar Cake

Makes 14 slices
    5pp per slice

Yummy and worth every point:D...

O M G! Love the sound of that. Is there any chance I might eat all 14 slices though?? ::D

How long does it stay fresh? Only two if us....would I have to wait until I have a crowd or bring it into work and have them all KILL me lol

okay lets not bring the argument over to this thread please! I really dont want this thread closed down!!!!! pleaseeeee leave it over there or keep it in PM....we KNOW those ppl are reading this thread...they WILL respond...

izzy24 wrote: »
    SORRY SORRY SORRY
    everyone i ment to say 70gs :o...

I am breaking my heart laughing here, I didn't even notice your deliberate error I was drooling so much at all the chocolate :) just read it out to my hubby and he says it sounds like one his Ma used to make but had marshmallows in it he thinks...think I will have to make it deffo. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

The nutrition and diet forum is one of the most unwelcoming and downright hostile forums I've encountered during my 9 years on this site. If you're not a food Nazi purist you're not welcome.

I'm not a WWer but I would have to agree with this.

okay lets not bring the argument over to this thread please! I really dont want this thread closed down!!!!! pleaseeeee leave it over there or keep it in PM....we KNOW those ppl are reading this thread...they WILL respond...

I haven't even read today's posts yet so don't know what is going on (got way laid by the mars bar cake :)). But Lainy's right, be constructive in points of views but don't get involved in arguments that may close down this thread, many of us would be sooooooo lost without it.

on a different note:

the 'new' biggest looser series that started today is actualy the series from before the one that finished last week?!?!:eek:

what a dissapointment

• Advertisement

sorry was not thinking, we deffo want it to die now, because I would hate to see this thread get in trouble :)

on a different note:

the 'new' biggest looser series that started today is actualy the series from before the one that finished last week?!?!:eek:

what a dissapointment

what channel was it on? i was flicking channels couldnt find it

Eddie Rockets Caesar salad is 11PP and is gorgeous. Although I do wonder is this a generalisation and some "Eddie's" chefs might put more sauce/croutons/cheese. No bacon in it but marinated grilled chicken (About 4PP worth i'd say).

Girls, I WI on Wednesday evening but next week I will be away Wednesday evening and then moving apartment Thursday - Sat, packing moving etc. Could I WI next Tuesday or will WW not let me because it is a day early and you are suppose to only WI once a week? Thanks.

You are ok, within the week. I usually go Wednesday, but When I can't make it go Friday and then I can go the next Weds no bother.

Meant to say....best of luck with the move...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi all, I have been awol since Friday, but have just caught up on the thread.. well done on all the losses and for those who didnt lose, keep at it!

Anyway I have been soooo bad over the last fortnight I really have, last weekend in particular, I drank like a bloody fish! I missed ww last week and I think psychologically I felt I had a free reign! I am not proud of myself but I do think I needed it to be honest.

I am back on track now, I hope.. and have WW tomorrow so will have to face the music. I am trying to track back what I have eaten, (to torture myself me thinks!) anyway does anyway know how many pp are in a cheese burger and medium fries in Mac Donalds? I have tried and tried to find the link that was posted here and cannot find it...I think I'm still hungover from Saturday night!!!

kashmir wrote: »
    O M G! Love the sound of that. Is there any chance I might eat all 14 slices though?? ::D

How long does it stay fresh? Only two if us....would I have to wait until I have a crowd or bring it into work and have them all KILL me lol

freeze it :) cut it in to smaller chunks as well that what I do with rocky road!

some one mentioned the one with marshmellows! thats rocky road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

how unlucky was Koli, if he doesnt get voted of the final 4 by hte public, he wins the whole show, he was 4-5% better off than the rest of them
    i know i loved him but think ppl really mistook his confidence for cockiness and didnt like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Don't want to drag this row on or anything but can I ask how people would feel about asking for a separate forum? We could ask for it in the hosted area and it would give us a lot more space instead of being confined to one massive thread. We could have separate recipe threads, people could post their own food diary if they wanted, stuff like that. There are loads of us here and we have been shown that we're not welcome in this forum outside of our own little area. We shouldn't have to put up with people directly quoting and mocking our posts, being accused of being in a cult and generally being insulted in threads in the main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Ow feck feck feck I just burnt myself!! It huuurrts!

Made my lasagne...oh my word it was gorgeous! Works out at 9pp per slice, 8 slices so it'll last me all week :)

Very impressed with the chicken mince!

So glad that other threads gone...was boiling my blood :mad:

Edit - Chinafoot that's a great idea, I'd definitely be up for that!

Tips for a night out, from the Australian WW website, they are great for sending you email's with tips and recipes loved it when I lived there :)
    Keep your social life & lose weight
    http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/templates/print.aspx?PageId=2012871&PrintFlag=yes&previewDate=5/18/2011

• Advertisement

Don't want to drag this row on or anything but can I ask how people would feel about asking for a separate forum? We could ask for it in the hosted area and it would give us a lot more space instead of being confined to one massive thread. We could have separate recipe threads, people could post their own food diary if they wanted, stuff like that. There are loads of us here and we have been shown that we're not welcome in this forum outside of our own little area. We shouldn't have to put up with people directly quoting and mocking our posts, being accused of being in a cult and generally being insulted in threads in the main forum.

i kinda like it but.... also like the one thread with all the info in it though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement