Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

RVN10 wrote: »
    I said last night my bro lost 10 stone in like 8 months , here is a great video that is quite inspirational for someone who thinks they cant lose weight , he told me I could post it so enjoy

Not sure if it worked on other page second try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

mcb81 wrote: »
    Go, at least when you have weighed in you can put the week behind you, be it good or bad and start afresh.

I agree but what I am afraid of is that the morning weigh in will give me a false positive the class tomorrow is 9.30 I usually go to a 7pm!! I need a serious kick into shape..... can not fall off the wagon now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi all,

My leader text us all today saying that statistically this week of the year is when a large % of people give up on their weight loss efforts.

I was feeling completely demotivated after my horrendous weekend of massive portions, alcohol and not pointing anything.

The damage is done though, WI is tomorrow evening and no matter how much I've put on I'm going to point the hell out of my food for the coming week, only use weeklies if I feel hungry (not just because they're there), and exercise as much as I can.

Keep up the good work everyone and welcome all newbies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fankles

I joined this thread a few weeks the week before I started WW. Been in WW for 3 wks now and have done well.

1st Week - Lost 2llbs
    2nd Week - Lost 3llbs
    WI - STS but thought I would have been up as I ate and drank ALOT over the weekend. Went over my dailies and weeklies so was pleased that I stayed the same.

There are so many posts, tried to go through some to get recipes but there are too many to go through. If anyone has loads of recipes saved on a spreadsheet or something I would be grateful if they wouldn't mind sending it to me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

Hi All

I'm new to this thread and I have to say reading all of your posts have been very inspiring. I'm very demotivated this week so it really helped seeing all your tips and updates.

WI tomorrow night, I'm on week 8 and down 7.5lbs so far which I'm pretty happy with. My goal is to lose 1lb a week until my wedding in December.
    So hopefully another lb tomorrow night !!

Have a great week everyone !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

mcb81 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    .those hodgins low fat ones are lovely!

where did you get those sausages lainy, i've tried everywhere?

They sell them in supervalu and Tesco's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey girls, does anyone know roughly how many points are in wedges? I'm not sure of the weight, was a small portion and they were cooked in the oven. Had dinner in work,don't normally,but was starving!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

RVN10 wrote: »
    Not sure if it worked on other page second try :D

This is pretty amazing, he looks like a different person...very cute too!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Went to my weigh in tonight, down 3lbs, delighted!:) 3 more lbs to lose to get to 2 stone loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey everyone....

just back from my weigh in and was down 5lbs:eek:... im so happy thats 1 stone and 1 lbs in three weeks:D... loving pp:D

oh my god whats your secret???:confused: thats amazing u must be so happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Night all!

heres to a better day tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

newbee22 wrote: »
    Went to my weigh in tonight, down 3lbs, delighted!:) 3 more lbs to lose to get to 2 stone loss!

Well done! Any tips?

Just back from a quick 35min walk. It was quite eerie being out this late. There were very few cars around. Hopefully it will rid any damage today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

lil kc wrote: »
    So after I have my dinner tonight I will have 6 pp left and I am going to the cinema. I am going to bring some mini chocolate bars with me for me and my friend and pretend I am on a tight budget. Hope she buys it! I hope I can resist the temptation but does anyone know how many pp in a small cinema popcorn?

I went to cinema with the other half last week - I took my own popcorn in - just hide it in your bag! Am realy shocked to think a small ppcorn is 7 pp! yikes!

My OH obv knows about WW so I bought a big manhatan bag to share and got him a big bag of rancheros (I only had a small handful and I felt that it was a great treat) I also took in a packet of blackberries (They are my fav thing in the whole wide world) and munched on them while I usually would have reached for the malteasers or the like. I didn't care sure it was dark anyway!

hOPE YOU ENJOYED THE FILM JX

Monife wrote: »
    For anyone who has a sweet tooth (like myself) and loves sweets and sherbert... Dib Dabs are only 1PP... nom!

Are you positive aboutthat? I would have thought they were alot more seen as they are just pure sugar!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi All

I'm new to this thread and I have to say reading all of your posts have been very inspiring. I'm very demotivated this week so it really helped seeing all your tips and updates.

WI tomorrow night, I'm on week 8 and down 7.5lbs so far which I'm pretty happy with. My goal is to lose 1lb a week until my wedding in December.
    So hopefully another lb tomorrow night !!

Have a great week everyone !

Good luck with the weight loss & the wedding preps. Love the name.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done! Any tips?

Just back from a quick 35min walk. It was quite eerie being out this late. There were very few cars around. Hopefully it will rid any damage today.

Paths were a bit slippy aswell out my way. Did a fast walk like yourself, found it hard to get up from the telly and get going - hopefully Il be more in form for a jog tomor - Hope your walk balances any damage from today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well done to everyone today who had a loss at WI. Some of you are doing really well - great to read about all the successes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

boxoff wrote: »
    Paths were a bit slippy aswell out my way. Did a fast walk like yourself, found it hard to get up from the telly and get going - hopefully Il be more in form for a jog tomor - Hope your walk balances any damage from today :)

Getting up and actually taking the first step out the door is the hardest :D Thanks we'll see tomorrow night. I'm still hopeful for my loss but we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Really not looking forward to my WI on Thurs. Couldn't make it last week, and this week hasn't been too good.
    Just had a binge of some jelly snakes, peanuts and a bagel with butter and jam even though I had no daily or weekly points left. Going to go mad on the exercise bike tomorrow to hopefully work off a bit of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Some great losses...I weigh in tomorrow,have not been tracking properly this week but want to stick with it...good luck all ! Hope everyone happy if weigh in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

fofany wrote: »
    Good luck with the weight loss & the wedding preps. Love the name.

Thanks Fofany - best of luck to you too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    ended my worst week in months with a chinese! It was my mum's bday so she chose the restaurant.
    Wasn't too bad overall, had spring rolls, dry chow mein and no desert!
    Just want to get WI over with tomorrow.

I know a few of us struggled over the weekend, and will feel like giving up over the next few days. But just think of the reasons why you joined and for those reasons keep it up.
    Before we know it, the summer is going to be upon us and think of how good you'll feel getting into a bikini. I can't wait to just wear shorts or pretty dresses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Back after a few very busy weeks! Haven't forgotten about everyone & haven't stopped being a weight watcher:) Got my 2nd silver 7 today so I'm delighted! Glad to see everyone else doing so well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done! Any tips?

Best tip I have is track everything!!! I have really cut down on alcohol as well so I think that might be helping a lot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Are you positive aboutthat? I would have thought they were alot more seen as they are just pure sugar!

I calculated it on the PP calculator. There is no fat and all other ones are very low. Wrapper in the bin now but when I buy another one I will double check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi all just back after a few days away and trying to catch up on all the posts

Well done everyone who lost weight and welcome to steven.

The Dib Dabs came out at 2pp on my calculator also i was in my mams house at the weekend and she has the WW food scales and i put some bread on it and twas scary most sliced bread was comming in at 6 pp for 2 slices, but the turkey was quite low

I am thinking of getting the scales now but they are a bit pricey at€50 I had bought the pedometer last week and was finding it brilliant but lost the ruddy thing will have tobuy a new one grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Bread must have been the big thing yesterday! I ate so much bread yesterday and I'm not really a bread person!

This is what I had:

Breakfast:
    30g Fruit & Fibre, 3pp
    1/4 pint slimeline Milk, 1pp

Tea Break:
    1 Banana, 0pp

Lunch:
    Spicy Lentil Soup, 2pp
    1 slice WW Bread, 2pp
    2 kiwis, 0pp

Afternoon Break:
    1 Diet Yogurt, 2pp

Tea:
    1 Snap Pot Beans, 4pp
    2 Slices WW Bread, 3pp
    1 Ginger Nut, 1pp

Then I went and did a Pole Dancing Class for an hour, then when I came home, I still had 12pp left so I had another bowl of Fruit and Fibre with a banana on top, then another 2 slices of WW bread, with 1 slice of Denny Ham (1pp) and 1tbsp low fat coleslaw (1pp), and a mini Dairy Milk Caramel bar (2pp)

Seems like an awful lot of food when you see it written down!

Not sure how today will go as so far have managed to forget my WW bread to go with my soup at lunch AND my yogurt for my 3pm break :( And won't be home till after 7, so will be STARVING :(:(

Sorry for long post

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whatsyourface

Hey. New to this thread! Another dreaded weigh-in today. I've used all my points this week- most last night actually- so i'm terrified. I usually maintain or gain when i do that. *sigh* really must join the gym again... Pray for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my weigh in this morning, lost a pound and also got my silver seven! Am thrilled, that's 7 pounds in five weeks, sounds little but for me its good! Am thrilled :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Hi all,

i have my WI today at lunch but silly me I forgot my WW card.. does anybody know how it works when that happens??

dreading it.. is TOTM and i keep losing just a pound a week.. so i'm afraid i wont show any loss.. just hope not to show a gain... i'll be so frustrated after all the hard work.. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement