Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Could anyone point this for me what hubby ate yesterday
    He'd lunch in coppers (harcourt st) as he was heading to Belfast to watch footie
    Southern Fried Chicken Breast
    2 Scoops Mash
    Small portion if Chips
    Spoon of Stuffing
    Lil gravy
    Some cabbage and carrots

Then at the match he had (out of a chip van)
    1/4 pounder (no cheese) but with onion & ketchup

Im trying to point it but don't want to make a mistake on him could anyone help me out cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Thanks did you work that out on your calculator coz someone else told me it was 59

I am pretty sure the max points you can have is 46. Check with your leader at WI though.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kashmir wrote: »
    Your goal weight increases when you're 40ish, one of the perks....!! :) btw I am always a half stone lighter on my scales at home..funny the way it works.

I am over 40 (unfortunately). Must see what she says when I get closer to goal. Quite a few weeks I have been weighed by one of the girls who takes the money because the class is so big, the leader can't do everyone (prob about 100 in the class). Hopefully I'll get the leader in the next few weeks (or the numbers might start to die down) & I'll get a chance to talk to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Monife wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the max points you can have is 46. Check with your leader at WI though.

Monife i do it online at home using the UK site (which there isn't a facility for checking up others pp) but men are on much higher pp's than women I've heard of some men being on 60+ pp so don't think there is a limit like that

markievicz wrote: »
    Ok girls I've been away from this thread for a wee while had a hectic week last week between Valentines, Two friends birthdays and an engagement :D:D:D I totally went over my points! I did feck all excercise except for a hour of sit-ups on Weds and an hour on the treadmill thurs but I still managed to lose 3lbs.....can't believe it! I was sure I would've put on ten stone! So now I'm 5lbs away from losing 2 stone:D I started ww the last week in January so I cannot praise propoints enough! People have started noticing the loss now and I'm so so delighted!eeeepp!:D:D

Congratulations on the loss. I'm a bit like you - didn't count last week as I was on holidays, but I was also 3lbs down at WI this morning! Maybe it's in our head & we're making healthy choices without even knowing it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 BallyEllen

Well done to everyone again this week! This site is really motivational.
    I weighed in this morning minus 1.5lbs which I was delighted with as I hadn't exercised much at all. Total to date is now 63lbs.

I made a big pot of Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup at the weekend! Its delicious and simple to make. Broccoli & Cauliflower florets (I used frozen ones - about 5 of each), 250mls of chicken stock, one tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce, and boiled them until soft. I used a fork to mix the broccoli and cauliflower. It only takes about 15 mins and is absolutely fabulous.

I wasn't sure about pointing the Soy Sauce & Chicken Stock so I guessed about 3PP for the whole lot.

Onwards and downwards (hopefully) for another week!

BallyEllen wrote: »
    I weighed in this morning minus 1.5lbs which I was delighted with as I hadn't exercised much at all. Total to date is now 63lbs.

Congratulations. You are doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

alot of posts to catch up on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Throwing out the scales from 1989! Determined to only weigh myself once a week at the meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Hey everyone, Have been following this thread for awhile now and it's brilliant been doing ww since october and have lost 20 pounds hoping to get my next silver seven on thursday so fingers crossed!! I'm loving the pro points and trying out new recipes, I read on here somewhere that some one mashed banana and froze it wow it was beautiful so thanks everyone for yere great ideas and keep up the good work!! :D

• Advertisement

crappity crap! had a little slip....five slices for toast and flora light...didnt even weight the flora....so calling it 16pp! disgusted....cos my whole dinner later isn't 16pp....ah well only gone 5pp over my dailys...cud be worse!

toast just aint worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    crappity crap! had a little slip....five slices for toast and flora light...didnt even weight the flora....so calling it 16pp! disgusted....cos my whole dinner later isn't 16pp....ah well only gone 5pp over my dailys...cud be worse!

toast just aint worth it!

we all have little slips now and again, don't worry too much about it, you have been doing so well! but you're right toast so isn't worth it, i don't even have 1 slice now cos if i did i wouldn't stop at 5 slices:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well done to all who lost this week....

I am due to go to my WI 2mor morning but I am thinking of not going lol I cant face been told you have put on or stayed the same!

Anyway what I wanted to know was I have cremé fraiche in fridge and I am curious to try it. Has anyone any suggestion on what I can use it with? How to use it? I have chicken fillets that I would like to use up so can I create a dish using these??[/QUOTE

I have a good recipe for paprika chicken

Ingredients: Serves 4 11pp per serving

4 Chicken breasts
    500mls chicken stock
    200g Pasta
    2 Onions
    12 Mushrooms
    Salt & Pepper
    100mls Creme Fraiche
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    1 green + 1 red pepper

*Peel and chop onion,slice peppers and mushrooms
    *Cut chicken into chunks
    *Heat a tsp oil in pan + fry onion
    *Add chicken,mushroom + paprika and fry for 2 mins
    *Stir in stock + seasoning. Bring to the boil. Add peppers + pasta and cover.
    *Simmer gently for 20 mins until chicken + pasta are tender
    *Stir in creme fraiche

Its yummy

Made this tonight, well worth the wait nom nom nom!!!

well done to those who lost keep up the good work :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Another bad day...............

Had a lunch provided at a meeting at work today soup, sandwiches, wraps followed by cream buns!! I just couldn't stop!!! That following a really bad weekend!!!

WI tomorrow first thing, really don't know if I should go now, it's not my normal class. I usually go to a Wednesday evening class but can't make that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

eok56 wrote: »
    Another bad day...............

Had a lunch provided at a meeting at work today soup, sandwiches, wraps followed by cream buns!! I just couldn't stop!!! That following a really bad weekend!!!

WI tomorrow first thing, really don't know if I should go now, it's not my normal class. I usually go to a Wednesday evening class but can't make that one!!

Go, at least when you have weighed in you can put the week behind you, be it good or bad and start afresh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

So after I have my dinner tonight I will have 6 pp left and I am going to the cinema. I am going to bring some mini chocolate bars with me for me and my friend and pretend I am on a tight budget. Hope she buys it! I hope I can resist the temptation but does anyone know how many pp in a small cinema popcorn?

Cinema Popcorn

Small -7
    Medium -12
    Large -19

The above is for the salted version, not the sweet and may vary from cinema to cinema but you can use it as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all..!!

Everytime i log in ders so much to read!!

Welcome to Stephen I agree with others defo not eating enough especially if your exercising!! Best of luck with your journey :)

Well done to Fofany!! Great loss and on hols..!! Im off to Barcelona sat til tues hoping I can make good choices!! Runners getting packed lots of site seeing by foot im thinking :)

As i already said i had madish weekend well used all de weeklies still find myself hungry this week and not satisfied. Had a walk today and hoping to get to gym tamo! Just dont feel on top of things this week!! Hoping its not a bad as it feels!!

Best of luck to all of you WI !!

Shell!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Hello everyone :)

I hope you don't mind me joining your thread :D I rejoined WW last week, I have been before and and managed to loose 2 stone but slowly I've put it all back on plus one!!

It really has to be a new way of life and not just "ah cool I've got to my goal I can start to eat whatever I like again"

So anyway I am delighted to say I lost a massive 4 and 1/2 lbs after my first week I'm absolutely thrilled with my self :D loving the new pro points!!!

Best of luck to everyone on this journey from what I have read you are all doing brilliantly x

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hiya!!
    1st weigh in after my hols and down half a pound! Which isn't too bad considering! Really want to get my stone next week so gonna hit it hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

love this propoints , stared 4th of jan' so far ive lost 18 lbs. was out valentines weekend cos it was also our 2nd wedding aniversary,so the pointing went out the window for one night ,plus the sunday and i put up 2lbs. lost 4 pounds this week, so happy:D:D im on me bed dying with flew and me monthleys, typing this but happy.

For anyone who has a sweet tooth (like myself) and loves sweets and sherbert... Dib Dabs are only 1PP... nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

I'm really happy. Lost 3lbs today that's a stone and a pound now:) having a bar of choc to celebrate!!
    Finding the zero points fruit great keeps me going in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone....

just back from my weigh in and was down 5lbs:eek:... im so happy thats 1 stone and 1 lbs in three weeks:D... loving pp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I said last night my bro lost 10 stone in like 8 months , here is a great video that is quite inspirational for someone who thinks they cant lose weight , he told me I could post it so enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Monife wrote: »
    For anyone who has a sweet tooth (like myself) and loves sweets and sherbert... Dib Dabs are only 1PP... nom!

Deadly!!!thanks for that...love love love those!:D have put on millions over the weekend soI m afraid to go back to my meeting:(forcing myself on Thursday instead of going tonight...buys me another bit of time!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey everyone....

just back from my weigh in and was down 5lbs:eek:... im so happy thats 1 stone and 1 lbs in three weeks:D... loving pp:D

OH MY GAWWWWD!!!!!!that is amazing!!!!you need to give yourself theeeee biggest pat on your rapidly slimming back...you must be thrilled!!!amazing!came back on here for some motivation and inspiration after a terrible few days...that is exactly it on both counts!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi all,
    had WI tonight and am delighted to say I lost another 3 pounds!
    that's 12 since 18th january..
    leader made drop scones.
    100g self raisin flour
    1medium egg
    2teaspoon splenda
    100ml skimmed milk
    handful blueberries
    10sprays oil

Mix flour (sieved), splenda and egg together then add
    milk gradually to make consistency of thick cream.
    Mist pan with half oil, drop tbsp of mixture interest pan
    add blueberries on top of each blob cook for 2-3 mins
    cook other side and remove from pan.
    Add remaining oil and cook rest. Usually makes 7. 2pp each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done to everyone who lost today and yesterday. Some great results.

After being so good all week, I slipped up majorly today. I had an exam this evening so stressed eat before it. Used up 27 points before the exam and that didn't include dinner. After I had dinner and then decided to have treats as a celebration that the exam was over. So annoyed with myself as I only had a few weeklies left as well :mad: My WI is tomorrow and before today I thought I might have a big loss but now I think I might have undone that work. I'm gonna go for a late night walk in a bit and I'll go for another one tomorrow and hopefully that will undo my damage.

Sorry for the rant just really need a loss tomorrow or else I'll probably give up :(

• Advertisement

raaaah! the tiredness munchies and cravings has struck! i reached for the bread bin again.....but i know where this is coming from...havent drank any water at all today...its dehydration....was so busy all day at work placement with the dogs.

Going to knock back a few pints of water and hopefully that'll re-hydrate me and re energise over night. I'm fecking wrecked! but if i go to bed too early i'll be wide awake at 1am....gotta hang in there till at least 10.30

Tomorrow:
    Breakie:
    Oatmeal + Skimmed Milk
    Skinny Mocha
    (6pp)

Lunch:
    ww carbonara recipe
    70g pasta, Aldi ham cubes, 1 whole egg,
    (11pp)

Dinner:
    Quorn Cottage Pie
    Pint of water
    (13pp)

Hot Drinks: (i gotta have my hot drinks)
    (8pp)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement