Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kateos2 wrote: »
    I just made this for dinner, and it's really nice, low points and huge portions. I wasn't sure if tinned tomatoes were 0ppts or not, so I pointed them incase.

Ingredients:
    300g Quorn Mince 6ppts
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes 4ppts
    2tbsps Tomato Purée 1ppt
    1tbsp mixed herbs 1ppt
    2 beef stock cubes in about 2 mugs of water 2ppts
    2tsps of sugar 2ppts
    2 red peppers 0ppts
    1 yellow pepper 0ppts
    1 onion 0 ppts
    2 cloves of garlic 0 ppts

Method:
    - Fry the onions, pepper and garlic in low cal spray until soft.
    - Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato purée and sugar.
    - Add the quorn mince and beef stock.
    - Add the herbs and allow to reduce and simmer.

I got 4 huge portions out of it. The whole recipe is 16 propoints, so 4propoints per serving. I had it with 50g wholewheat pasta, so 9 points for a huge and filling dinner!
    what quorn mince do you use,,i made something like this today but pointed the mince at 7pp:(
    thought tinned tomatoes were 0pp??
    just re-read your post,,tinned tomaotes are 0pp herbs i dont point and dont i point tomatoe puree either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

tantipie wrote: »
    what quorn mince do you use,,i made something like this today but pointed the mince at 7pp:(
    thought tinned tomatoes were 0pp??
    just re-read your post,,tinned tomaotes are 0pp herbs i dont point and dont i point tomatoe puree either

I pointed 100g at 2 points so 300g would be 6. Could be wrong though.
    Wasn't sure about the tinned tomatoes so I just pointed them to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Finglasgal1 Posted this:

Ingredients: Serves 4 11pp per serving

4 Chicken breasts
    500mls chicken stock
    200g Pasta
    2 Onions
    12 Mushrooms
    Salt & Pepper
    100mls Creme Fraiche
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    1 green + 1 red pepper

*Peel and chop onion,slice peppers and mushrooms
    *Cut chicken into chunks
    *Heat a tsp oil in pan + fry onion
    *Add chicken,mushroom + paprika and fry for 2 mins
    *Stir in stock + seasoning. Bring to the boil. Add peppers + pasta and cover.
    *Simmer gently for 20 mins until chicken + pasta are tender
    *Stir in creme fraiche

I have to say WOW that was actually unreal , an extremely tasty dinner and a very simple meal to make. Im absolutely stuffed after it now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

RVN10 wrote: »
    Finglasgal1 Posted this:

4 Chicken breasts
    500mls chicken stock
    200g Pasta
    2 Onions
    12 Mushrooms
    Salt & Pepper
    100mls Creme Fraiche
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    1 green + 1 red pepper

*Cut chicken into chunks
    *Stir in creme fraiche

I have to say WOW that was actually unreal , an extremely tasty dinner and a very simple meal to make. Im absolutely stuffed after it now though :D

Hey I didnt create that goregous dish!! I wish i was that creative lol

But it was delicious!! nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

It's nearly 6.30 now. Hope all those with their weigh ins about now do better than expected. Will tune in later to see how you got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Finglasgal1 Posted this:

4 Chicken breasts
    500mls chicken stock
    200g Pasta
    2 Onions
    12 Mushrooms
    Salt & Pepper
    100mls Creme Fraiche
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    1 green + 1 red pepper

*Cut chicken into chunks
    *Stir in creme fraiche

Now wasn't that a much nicer dinner that a microwave ready meal :P did you half the recipe to make it for two? (i assume you cooked for the gf too)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

fofany wrote: »
    It's nearly 6.30 now. Hope all those with their weigh ins about now do better than expected. Will tune in later to see how you got on.

Aw thanks fofany!

Gonna head off now in a few mins ... eek

Hey I didnt create that goregous dish!! I wish i was that creative lol

But it was delicious!! nom nom nom

LOL i was just giving you credit for posting it , my god it tasted so good and I'm so full now though i think I might explode. I have decided i'm going o try attend a class on monday night and see what its all about

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Now wasn't that a much nicer dinner that a microwave ready meal :P did you half the recipe to make it for two? (i assume you cooked for the gf too)

Way nicer and sooooo filling , yup halfed it and made for myself nd my old man he loved it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Just back from WI. 5lbs down absolutely delighted, spent a a lot of time in the gym this week, so it has obviously paid off!!!:D hope eveeryone else is happy too.

• Advertisement

Way nicer and sooooo filling , yup halfed it and made for myself nd my old man he loved it too :D

Thats brill that he'll eat it too...everyone on your side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

I started pro points last october online and stopped going to meetings cos england started propoints before ireland....i found it REALLY hard....doing it on my own....cos i felt like i was the only person in ireland doing it....but i'm kinda using this thread as my meetings.....and since christmas (since pro points started in ireland...and ye all started doing pro points) I've found it alot easier...i'm genuinely amazed/shocked how well i've done since 1st of jan!

Doing it from home...there are two things that are a must...and no getting around it or your just kidding your self,
    Digital Kitchen Scales, Digital Bathroom Scales

This thread is my meeting....

I have really good kitchen scales but I'm afraid if I get bathroom scales I'll be hopping on it every few mins!! I know it's much cheaper but if I don't lose with it then I'd rather spend the tenner a week if you get me....aaaah decisions to make!!

I have really good kitchen scales but I'm afraid if I get bathroom scales I'll be hopping on it every few mins!! I know it's much cheaper but if I don't lose with it then I'd rather spend the tenner a week if you get me....aaaah decisions to make!!

Is there a friends house near to home you can keep the bathroom scales?
    Pop over for your weekly weight in...its what ever YOUR comfortable with. I went to meetings for a year...before switching to online, I only switched to online cos classes didnt fit in with my college schedule.

He could do with losing a few pounds himself so i think he decided to have something nicer than chips and a fry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I find it hard to make all the recipes as they are all for 4 people, and even if I half it Im still left with two portions, and no-one will eat any. So then Im afraid Ill eat it all!!!:eek:

He could do with losing a few pounds himself so i think he decided to have something nicer than chips and a fry :P

all his sons putting him to shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 turnraintocash

Wow that sounds lovely I am going to try that!!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I find it hard to make all the recipes as they are all for 4 people, and even if I half it Im still left with two portions, and no-one will eat any. So then Im afraid Ill eat it all!!!:eek:

yeah i'm the same! I'm a weight watchers for one. its just a matter to tweaking and re tweaking them!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Cadyboo wrote: »

hey what i do is keep it for dinner the next nite:D... so when u come home from work the next day u just have to heat it up and enjoy...

Going to aldi at the weekend, i think a few ppl mentioned a few handy point savvy items from aldi....

any suggestions?

on a different note....i've the complete opposite feeling to last night....totally stuffed with LOADS of points left....i'll prob be up kinda late tonight so i'll prob try and eat something later....like 17 pp left from my dailies is way too much not to eat especially as i've exercised today....

I'll prob throw on a bit of scrambled egg in a few hours. I've had my proper dinner about an hour ago...My cottage pie...except made with turkey mince tonight......SO NICE!.....but still dont want to leave 17pp behind...thats gotta be under eating!

• Advertisement

Im really having one of those eveing where i just want to eat everything:(... have 9pp left for day and im only after eating my dinner but still want to eat... Im doing so well dont want to loose my motivation... the last time i did ww wen i got my 1st stone(which i got last nite:D) i gave up and i really dont want it to happen again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Going to aldi at the weekend, i think a few ppl mentioned a few handy point savvy items from aldi....

any suggestions?

Got a bottle of chilli and garlic sauce, its yum!! Cant really point it, as it is 300ml and the nutrition values is for 100g. But for 100g of sauce its only 2 points, and I cant imagine using that much in a stir fry!
    They also have tubs of frozen raspberries for 2 or 3 euro and there is loads of them.
    Love aldi, especially for their fresh fruit and veg.

izzy24 wrote: »
    Im really having one of those eveing where i just want to eat everything:(... have 9pp left for day and im only after eating my dinner but still want to eat... Im doing so well dont want to loose my motivation... the last time i did ww wen i got my 1st stone(which i got last nite:D) i gave up and i really dont want it to happen again...

Cheese, Ham and Tomato Toastie

ProPoints® Value: 7
    Servings: 1
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

It’s easy to forget just how delicious a simple toasted sandwich is – so let this recipe remind you!

Ingredients
    2 slice(s) (medium) Bread, White, Sliced
    2 teaspoons Spread, Low Fat
    1 teaspoons (heaped) Mustard
    20 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, grated
    1 slice(s) (thin ) Ham, Prepacked
    1 small Tomato, sliced

Instructions
    Spread both slices of bread with low fat spread, then flip them over. Spread the bread with a little mustard, if using, then top with the cheese, ham and tomato. Sandwich the two slices of bread together so that the low fat spread is on the outside. Cut off the crusts with a sharp knife.

Cook the sandwich in a sandwich toaster, or cook in a toaster using a special heat-resistant sandwich bag for making toasted sandwiches

Slice in half and serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

mcb81 wrote: »
    Just back from WI. 5lbs down absolutely delighted, spent a a lot of time in the gym this week, so it has obviously paid off!!!:D hope eveeryone else is happy too.

Well done that's brilliant keep up the good work

opter for a timeout and skips:D.... feeling better now maybe i just needed something bold:D... off to watch operation transformation for more inspiration... thanks to everyone this thread is so helpful:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

i am up 1.5 lb but different day and time for wi fter a bad few days
    so back on track for next week as i m still 2 st down dont wnt to put that up again

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

not a great week for me this week, with plenty of booze and food, but i had my weigh in and i'm down 1.5 today. That brings my total to 11lbs - delighted. I'm off the booze now for a month so i am hoping to have a few really strong weeks. Very impressed with the plan and not feeling at all deprived. Keep up the good work everyone :p

Also, if you fancy something nice with a few points to spare and you're just cooking for one, try this;

10pp per serving

Tuna steak (dry fried 180g) 4pp
    Red Onion
    1 Clove Garlic
    1 Red Chilli (leave in as many seeds as you like)
    2 tbs soy sauce
    1/2 packet of Sherwood Singapore Noodles 6pp

Sprinkle pepper on each side of your tuna steak
    Dry fry your tuna steak and leave aside

Chop your chilli and garlic and put into wok with the soy sauce for 2 mins
    Add red onion and cover and fry for 2/3 mins
    Add noodles and fry for 3 mins

Put noodle mix into a bowl and place the steak on top. YUM YUM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Hey everyone,
    been mia for the last couple of weeks but been following the thread.

I had a few bad days a couple of weeks ago,didnt go to wi, but pulled myself back on the wagon and had a good week, up 1.5 last week (prob the week before catching up on me) another good week this week, despite being away for weekend and down 3 pounds tonight (biggest loss I've had in a week on propoints) which means I finally got my 4th stone:D

It was this time last year I rejoined ww for the millionth time, next week will be the date of my first loss so really feels like a milestone to have gotten to this point. sorry for long post I just wanted to say for anyone struggling or doubting themselves at all..keep at it! I never thought I'd achieve this and here I am a year later (nearly!)and 4 stone lighter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

hey all, well done on all losses this week!! so proud of ya all!!!

I have undereaten today lol Had scrambled eggs and 2 slices of "homemade" brown bread (from superquinn) with low low butter for brekkie @ 10.30am! Half bottle of 500ml water and thats it..... I have spag bol on now with Quorn mince and wholewheat spag...

However 2mor night im going to x factor and sat night going to Usher..... So I was thinking of healthy brekkie's and lunches both days but wont have time to cook as have things on leading up to going out.... So any suggestion for "eating out" healthy... 2mor night wont be too bad as going with a gf who not keen on eating out much so i might do a chipper job on way homebut sat himself is coming with me so any suggestions???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Back from WI, down 2lbs :D was hoping for 3.5 to get my 5th silver seven but still really happy! Dont know how you all get such big losses, whats everyones secret? Even when I am really really good its 2 or maybe 3lbs.

Also managed to sneak a look at my goal weight, bloody 9st 9lbs!!!!! OMG like!!! so that is 6 stone 2.5lbs to go til goal, going to try and forget about it and focus on my mini goal, getting to 50lbs lost, ya get a certificate :) so 16.5lbs off my mini goal (33.5lbs lost so far) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement