Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

So happy, bumped into a friend of a friend,had not seen her since Christmas, and she'd be unaware of me doing ww, first thing she said was 'my god what's your secret, you have lost weight'. Was so happy lol, and that's only after 6 pounds, makes me more determined to get to goal. Anyway just had to share my happy mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

elsy wrote: »
    Fair play to you garden gurl you do feel great after it dont ya? I like the structure of it cause even if im having a bad day food wise and its a run day I still do my run instead of just writing the day off cause I ate a few high things!
    After I recovered I did feel great!!
    m'lady wrote: »
    So happy, bumped into a friend of a friend,had not seen her since Christmas, and she'd be unaware of me doing ww, first thing she said was 'my god what's your secret, you have lost weight'. Was so happy lol, and that's only after 6 pounds, makes me more determined to get to goal. Anyway just had to share my happy mood!
    That is fantastic M'Lady!! You must be on such a buzz today now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

m'lady wrote: »

that's brilliant m'lady, you must be on cloud 9 after that! Great motivation 2keep you going!

Just back from a pub dinner, can anyone tell me if I'm underpointing?

6oz steak 7pp
    peppercorn sauce 4tbsp 1pp
    mushrooms 1pp for oil
    onions 1pp for oil
    2chips 1pp

Total 11pp

Sounds too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

that's brilliant m'lady, you must be on cloud 9 after that! Great motivation 2keep you going!

Just back from a pub dinner, can anyone tell me if I'm underpointing?

6oz steak 7pp
    peppercorn sauce 4tbsp 1pp
    mushrooms 1pp for oil
    onions 1pp for oil
    2chips 1pp

Total 11pp

Sounds too good to be true!

Thanks shortstuff! I think it looks about right, maybe add 1 extra point for the oil, but seems ok to me, but I don't eat meat,so maybe someone else might disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lol well pointed my booze from last night.....a whopping 71pp...that was made up of 26 dailies and 45 of my weeklies!

I still have 4 weeklies left! I have another big session Thursday night for one the girls 18th. I'm going to point as usual for the week...and Thursday night will be Thursday night HAHA!

I'm aiming to stay the same at my next WI!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 linderoo

Hey folks,

Thanks so much for all posting to this thread. Find it really inspirational. Actually managed to track all this week and do some exercise cos I've been reading this thread. Just about to make the bran muffins too!! Wish me luck!!

Oh by the way anyone with a cheese craving the mini babybel lights are only 1PP so it's points well spent! You can eat a few without feeling bad!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just back from my walk. Only managed 3k cos my feet were in bits!

Wondering do these runners actually make you work harder on your walk or they are just not suitable for me? Rubbed on my ankles seriously too and slightly cut one of them. I am really hoping they just need to be broken in... what do you guys think? :(

I'll go for my walk tomorrow with extra thick socks and see how it goes but I dont think I could return them... damn, my luck.

Going to make lasagne with pork mince and creme fraiche (instead of the white sauce) now. Got the recipe from WW website. Only 7PP for a portion. Hope its nice!

Monife wrote: »

Wondering do these runners actually make you work harder on your walk or they are just not suitable for me? Rubbed on my ankles seriously too and slightly cut one of them. I am really hoping they just need to be broken in... what do you guys think? :(

I'll go for my walk tomorrow with extra thick socks and see how it goes but I dont think I could return them... damn, my luck.

Going to make lasagne with pork mince and creme fraiche (instead of the white sauce) now. Got the recipe from WW website. Only 7PP for a portion. Hope its nice!

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out....was looking at it...but was abit skeptic about the creme fraiche as a white sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    lol well pointed my booze from last night.....a whopping 71pp...that was made up of 26 dailies and 45 of my weeklies!

I still have 4 weeklies left! I have another big session Thursday night for one the girls 18th. I'm going to point as usual for the week...and Thursday night will be Thursday night HAHA!

I'm aiming to stay the same at my next WI!

Well you gotta live!! Think thats a great attitude to have Lady Lainy, once we're realistic with ourselves we wont be disappointed:)
    Monife wrote: »

I got a pair of runners after Xmas and the 1st two weeks they killed me, blisters and all! Wore them with plasters for awhile and they are perfect now! They usually do take a bit of breaking in, maybe try just wearing them around the house and shorter walks for a week or 2?

Off to tesco to get ingredients for muffins and some other recipes on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Urgent! What is the lowest pro point Indian takeaway please?? I Am going to share one with my husband.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

yeah i got new runners last wk and they killed me for the first few days. still not completely comfortable but getting better each day :) just need to be broken in.

anyway feeling crappy the last couple of days. not sure why but havent fallen off the wagon, was pretty close though :eek: stayed within my points. i think maybe its cos i didnt have proper filling things to eat but used all my points so think its my energy levels that are low and making me feel crappy. didnt get to exercise yesterday or today either. just couldnt get the motivation. so glad i didnt go over my points though.
    well tomorow is another day so will definitely get a 30 min walk in :) and will be having a nice dinner for valentines day and its our anniversary too :D so really looking forward to that

mothel wrote: »
    Urgent! What is the lowest pro point Indian takeaway please?? I Am going to share one with my husband.:confused:

split a dish with hubby? each get a rice....but split a meat/sauce between the two of ye?

"Indian food is not all about ghee-laden curries and fatty naan breads. Dishes baked in the Tandoor oven, like chicken tikka, tandoori or shashlik come without a sauce and can be lower in ProPoints® values. But think twice before you order 'extras' - poppadoms, samosas and bhajis are loaded with saturated fat. Avoid curries cooked in creamy sauces, like chicken tikka masala"

Tandoori Chicken (half) 15
    Tikka (8 pieces) 14
    Vegetable Curry 15
    Vegetable Biryani 29
    Dahl Balti 15
    Prawn Jalfrezi 16
    King Prawn Vindaloo 15
    Chicken Balti 18
    Fish Curry 18
    Lamb Balti 23

Sides
    Cauliflower Bhajee 6
    Saag Aloo 8
    Bombay Potato 8
    Plain Rice 12
    Pilau Rice 16
    Plain Naan 12

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

split a dish with hubby? each get a rice....but split a meat/sauce between the two of ye?

"Indian food is not all about ghee-laden curries and fatty naan breads. Dishes baked in the Tandoor oven, like chicken tikka, tandoori or shashlik come without a sauce and can be lower in ProPoints® values. But think twice before you order 'extras' - poppadoms, samosas and bhajis are loaded with saturated fat. Avoid curries cooked in creamy sauces, like chicken tikka masala"

Tandoori Chicken (half) 15
    Tikka (8 pieces) 14
    Vegetable Curry 15
    Vegetable Biryani 29
    Dahl Balti 15
    Prawn Jalfrezi 16
    King Prawn Vindaloo 15
    Chicken Balti 18
    Fish Curry 18
    Lamb Balti 23

Sides
    Cauliflower Bhajee 6
    Saag Aloo 8
    Bombay Potato 8
    Plain Rice 12
    Pilau Rice 16
    Plain Naan 12

Thank you. Yes split it straight down the middle!
    does anyone have a link to an old WWP to new WWPP convertor?? I have an old eating out book but can't convert to new system?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

kashmir wrote: »
    You're fine, you've more than enough points to cover you....just don't throw in the towel, be good for the next few days but make sure you eat your daily points.
    thanks so much kashmir... had a good day today totaly back on track and my jeep passed its NCT so happy day ha ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

mothel wrote: »
    Thank you. Yes split it straight down the middle!
    does anyone have a link to an old WWP to new WWPP convertor?? I have an old eating out book but can't convert to new system?

There isn't one - you have to work out the propoints of each of the recipes using protein, carbs, fat and fibre. Because the old points system didn't use all of these factors, you can't just convert from points to propoints.

izzy24 wrote: »
    thanks so much kashmir... had a good day today totaly back on track and my jeep passed its NCT so happy day ha ha:D

same as me :P had my splurge....but back on track today :) First thing i did this morning was make a quorn cottage pie to have for my dinner tonight :) And I just ordered my dog grooming dryer. Starting a mini business from home over the summer grooming dogs....bit of extra cash....and a project to keep me from getting bored over the summer....bored = weight gain!

same as me :P had my splurge....but back on track today :) First thing i did this morning was make a quorn cottage pie to have for my dinner tonight :) And I just ordered my dog grooming dryer. Starting a mini business from home over the summer grooming dogs....bit of extra cash....and a project to keep me from getting bored over the summer....bored = weight gain!

ah really thats brilliant idea... dog grooming always something i had an intrest in but never new where to start:confused: and i no wat u mean by being bored = weight gain i work in secondary school so lots of long holidays now im not complaing at all but u need to keep busy of u will just eat and eat and eat:D...

i also got my valentines presents today including lots of chocolate and sweets so i have everything pointed cause normally i would eat the hole lot in one go but this time will use only for a treat and stay within my points:D

I think knowing the treat points are there....makes "treats" and "bad food" less of a taboo...

If you tell your self your NOT allowed to have it.....you want it 10 times more LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

is having a very bad day so going to treat myself to chinese!! didnt eat much today. had 1 WW mousse which is 2 pp and a Dr. Okter cheese and tom bagutte thingy.

is having a very bad day so going to treat myself to chinese!! didnt eat much today. had 1 WW mousse which is 2 pp and a Dr. Okter cheese and tom bagutte thingy.

Hope everythings okay.... x

• Advertisement

Hope everythings okay.... x

Just one of those days hun. Cant seem to get out of my mood. Tomorrow is new day though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Ugh, just took it into my head to change my profile pic on Facebook and though I'd look through old pics of me that are on friend's pages - bad idea! I look HUGE in every photo! Bad enough that I'm head and shoulders taller than all my friends, my face is so fat! How could no one not tell me? And more over, how did I not cop on myself?!

I think knowing the treat points are there....makes "treats" and "bad food" less of a taboo...

If you tell your self your NOT allowed to have it.....you want it 10 times more LOL

oh def... wen u told u cant have something u just want it more and more and more...

tomarrow is brand new day... i had my bad day saturday but most impotant thing to do id not give up for the week start with a new day tomarrow:)... u have plenty of points let for chinese so enjoy it:D...

izzy24 wrote: »
    tomarrow is brand new day... i had my bad day saturday but most impotant thing to do id not give up for the week start with a new day tomarrow:)... u have plenty of points let for chinese so enjoy it:D...

Thanks hun! hope 2mor is a brighter, better day!!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Ugh, just took it into my head to change my profile pic on Facebook and though I'd look through old pics of me that are on friend's pages - bad idea! I look HUGE in every photo! Bad enough that I'm head and shoulders taller than all my friends, my face is so fat! How could no one not tell me? And more over, how did I not cop on myself?!

the most important thing is u are making the changes now... ur loosing weight and soon u will have new pics to take for profile picture... dont let it get u down, let it be the determation u need to keep going:)...

Whats more "healthier" Indian or Chinese??

Whats more "healthier" Indian or Chinese??

Chinese!

Mains ProPoints values
    Char Sui Pork 11
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9
    Chicken with Mushroom 8
    Mushroom Chow Mein 6
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12
    Vegetable Curry 8
    Lemon Chicken 10
    Plain Rice 12
    Spring Rolls 9 (each)

Chinese!

Mains ProPoints values
    Char Sui Pork 11
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9
    Chicken with Mushroom 8
    Mushroom Chow Mein 6
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12
    Vegetable Curry 8
    Lemon Chicken 10
    Plain Rice 12
    Spring Rolls 9 (each)

See I have a nut allergy so need tobe careful. but my local chinese is great and accomdates me! so I can only have either, Chicken curry, chicken fried rice or chicken chow mein! Or anything with chicken in it really... Any suggestions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hi Lainy, I know you replied to my earlier questions cos it showed up in my email. But I can't find the question or the reply here? I find this really hard to find my way around. When I log in, what's the quickest way to find the WW posts? I can see the thumbs up you mentioned at the bottom as I'm typing this but how do I thank someone who posts a message without typing a new message myself?

Sorry for all the questions. There must be a run through somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement