Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Pluck81 wrote: »
    Hey all

I have signed up to weightwatchers for the first time this week. I am doing the at home programme because I am apprehensive about the meetings. I shed 3 stone last year on my own and think I now need that extra push to keep going. I came on here to ask for advice about the programme and I hope you all can be my ww leaders until I build up the confidence to go to a meeting

Thank you all:D

Hiya, I'm new here but not new to WW. This seems to be a great place for support in weight loss and lots of great tips. Meetings might be easier if you can get someone to go with you? They are a great motivator. Knowing you have to stand on that scales on a Tuesday focuses the mind brilliantly! Good luck and keep posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Down 6.2lbs

I tracked 100% all week....even dug into my weeklies here and there :D Delighted!.....OVER THE FECKING MOOON!

I'm down 10.8lbs since Jan 1st! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Only 5lbs to go till I'm back at where I was back in August before i started College!

Off out tonight for staff party! Going to stay on Bacardi Breezer Orange for the night they are 4pp per bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Down 6.albs. I'm down 10.8lbs since Jan 1st! WOOOOOOOOOOO!.

Well done girlie! That's fantastic. Enjoy your Bacardi breezers tonight coz u deserve them :)

I really have to start tracking better, I start off great forthe first few days but then the wkend comes and I've no routine and no tracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Down 6.2lbs
    Thats brilliant delighted for you!

kildareash wrote: »
    Well done girlie! That's fantastic. Enjoy your Bacardi breezers tonight coz u deserve them :)

I really have to start tracking better, I start off great forthe first few days but then the wkend comes and I've no routine and no tracking!

I wouldnt believe it if i'd done it this week....but the tracking works! I was so busy this week didnt have time for much excercise...yet i lost more....than other weeks where i have managed to fit it in! The system works! :) I'll be in the gym tomorrow for sure trying to earn back some of the point i blow on drink tonight! I havent been out in about a month!

have ww yogurts and bran muffins and skinny cappucino packed into my bag for lunch today! Working at a Doggie Adoption day at one the local shelters. I'll be so busy all day (and having fun) prob wont even take a break!

On a total high for the weekend now! Going to make the cheese and tomato muffins tomorrow! And hopefully repeat this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Down 6.2lbs

I tracked 100% all week....even dug into my weeklies here and there :D Delighted!.....OVER THE FECKING MOOON!

Only 5lbs to go till I'm back at where I was back in August before i started College!

Off out tonight for staff party! Going to stay on Bacardi Breezer Orange for the night they are 4pp per bottle.

Well done Lainy, that's absolutely fantastic! Your doing brilliant. Enjoy your night out, you totally deserve it.

How do you do that thank-you thing at the end of messages? And how do you post a message without replying to one? Are there guidelines somewhere? Its all confusing for this newbie!

m'lady wrote: »
    Well done Lainy, that's absolutely fantastic! Your doing brilliant. Enjoy your night out, you totally deserve it.
    Wow Lainy I'm jealous! Hope you have a great party night :D

happyday wrote: »
    How do you do that thank-you thing at the end of messages? And how do you post a message without replying to one? Are there guidelines somewhere? Its all confusing for this newbie!

The Thumbs up at the bottom right is the "Thanks from......." thing

and POST REPLY over on the left is to post a message without quoting another persons messages.

I needed a good week.....SO badly! Delighted! Was up and down and yo-yoing since college started...but now the number on the scales is most definately going down....i can see it going down in my clothes....i can see less of a belly!

this is the biggest loss i've EVER had in the 15 months on ww....I know i wouldnt have the strength to keep chipping away at it without this place....its hard not having the meetings...

THANKS EVERYONE! IF I CAN HELP YE IN ANYWAY LET ME KNOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Down 6.2lbs

Congrats girl!! Hope you enjoy your barcardi breezers tonight, well deserved :D

Has anyone got the new WW magazine. My friend is coming over for lunch so gonna try make the Mushroom tarts in it - they look super yummy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 6.2lbs

Well done I'm delighted for you. You're such an amazing help to everyone here it's great to see you getting results yourself.

Hey ladies, it's been lovely reading all your stories yesterday and today. Thanks for sharing.
    Over the next few months I look forward to reading about the new slimmer, fabulous you and the difference It is making to your lives.

Has anyone tried doing anything else with your hands at night to keep your mind off food?
    I started knitting last night and just got so engrossed in it, I didn't even notice time passing.

I try to distract my self from the kitchen with college work and research for proects....doesnt always work :P or i start cleaning the house or doing laundry. alot my problems was/is i eat out of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

wooohoooo go you Lady Lainy :D well done thats a super loss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Has anyone got the new WW magazine. My friend is coming over for lunch so gonna try make the Mushroom tarts in it - they look super yummy!!

yeah, I buy it most months. Got fed up buying look and grazia and the like looking at clothes that wld never look well on me coz I'm never going to be a size 8!
    Those mushroom tarts looked yum!

Just back from a five mile walk and haven't even the energy to get in the shower. While, I'm knackered my two dogs who made sure I didn't slack along the way are racing round the house like they haven't been walked in months! Dogs!

Off to get my hair done today, little treat for my 2 atone goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Fab news Lainey I'm absolutely thrilled for you :) have a brilliant night out tonight you deserve it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ladyo1

Hello there,
    As with many others I have been tremendously inspired by this blog, thanks to all who contribute.

Huge congratulations Lainey, you are so generous with time and resources, its very nice to hear of your success!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Right I'm doing it...clearing it out! I started last year sometime and had 3 bags for the charity shop, which never actually get there! I ended up pulling a few pairs of jeans back out (size 16) and they made their way back in to the clothes I wear..feck!! ...back on track now, down to a 14 so they are going in the bag and the bag is going straight to the shop...I also found the skinny tops and dresses I've had for years ( well out of fashon now anyway) but never actually fitted in to...so they are gone too...my treat for getting to my goals will be new stuff! (pennys..but new:)) I feel great about it really, I've been ruthless no more holding on to the old me...she's GONE! cant be sentimental about clothes, I wont deny that it was hard letting go but I definately feel lighter..in the mind!
    keep up the good work everyone..must get back to it, I've made a huge mess!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Got my propoints calculator today so looking forward to starting properly on Monday. Unfortunately I'm away from the house today and tomorrow and won't be able to accurately track all my food (have a lot going on this weekend) so I'm going to make a proper start on Monday.

I have been loosely following WW points for about a week or two now but hopefully now that I have my calculator I can do it properly. I've lost 5lbs so far.

Well done to all those with losses this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Down 6.2lbs

well done lainy, delighted for you,

Hey ladies, it's been lovely reading all your stories yesterday and today. Thanks for sharing.
    Over the next few months I look forward to reading about the new slimmer, fabulous you and the difference It is making to your lives.

Has anyone tried doing anything else with your hands at night to keep your mind off food?
    I started knitting last night and just got so engrossed in it, I didn't even notice time passing.

My house is all shiny and sparkly, floors constanly being washed etc, on week days i do the housework and immediatly after do an exercise dvd so i include the housework towards my ex points. I am working up a sweat doing the housework so I think it counts.

I am not houseproud so my humble abode is loving the diet because as means of distracting myself I am tending to it properly!!!!

• Advertisement

shanasue wrote: »
    Right I'm doing it...clearing it out! I started last year sometime and had 3 bags for the charity shop, which never actually get there! I ended up pulling a few pairs of jeans back out (size 16) and they made their way back in to the clothes I wear..feck!! ...back on track now, down to a 14 so they are going in the bag and the bag is going straight to the shop...I also found the skinny tops and dresses I've had for years ( well out of fashon now anyway) but never actually fitted in to...so they are gone too...my treat for getting to my goals will be new stuff! (pennys..but new:)) I feel great about it really, I've been ruthless no more holding on to the old me...she's GONE! cant be sentimental about clothes, I wont deny that it was hard letting go but I definately feel lighter..in the mind!
    keep up the good work everyone..must get back to it, I've made a huge mess!!!:D[/QUOT

At christmas anything i bought was a size 20, joined ww in jan and have decided I am going to work my down through my wadrobe. My aim is not to buy unless absoloutley necessary untill i reach me target and then I am gonna hit penneys in a major way!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Treated myself to some new clothes to celebrate being down 1 stone, think I'll treat myself to some new shoes when I reach 1 stone and a half-at least shoes won't become too big!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

newbee22 wrote: »
    Treated myself to some new clothes to celebrate being down 1 stone, think I'll treat myself to some new shoes when I reach 1 stone and a half-at least shoes won't become too big!:D

You'd be surprised! When I was originally in WW I lost 3 stone, a few dress sizes and went down a shoe size!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Down 6.2lbs

Wow well done Lady Lainy, almost 1/2 a stone in a week! So glad your hard work paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 debfarr

Just a quick question on the breakfast muffins, where do you get the wheat bran, I have been in 3 supermarkets and none of them had it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

super news lainey. well well done. Enjoy your night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

debfarr wrote: »
    Just a quick question on the breakfast muffins, where do you get the wheat bran, I have been in 3 supermarkets and none of them had it...

Snap. i couldnt find it in my local super valu, all i could find was oat bran so i didnt buy it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Lainey, you're an absolute star!! Well done on fantastic week! So thrilled for you!
    Me, i was 2.5 down this week, then fell of the wagon, right into a pile of yamamori noodles, fancy coffees and banoffee!!
    And i am going to a ball tonight, good news is i got my first ever (as a grown-up!) size 14 dress and it fits like a dream, even though i was bold this week i know that i can get back on track cos i will never buy stuff for these events in size 20 again, walking into coast and being able to try on anything was the biggest pay-off yet!!! So have been good today, gonna enjoy tonight have a few drinks without worrying and walk off the effects in the morning!!
    Hope you all have a nice weekend,
    E x

debfarr wrote: »

I got it in dunne stores. its next to all the porridge stuff. its in a green odlums bag. its about 1.74 for 800g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

kateos2 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised! When I was originally in WW I lost 3 stone, a few dress sizes and went down a shoe size!

I did too when I lost weight before - and now I've put the weight back on a lot of my shoes are a little tight on me.

I made the goats cheese tarts from the supplement in the RTE guide today for lunch with my friend but my local shop didn't have filo pastry. I bought puff instead, was running out of time and couldn't think of anything else to make for my friend. When I got home I worked it out though - I used 100g of puff pastry which is 11 pp. Instead of making individual ones I just rolled it into a square and added the peppers and 80g of goats cheese (8pp). So the whole recipe was only 19, and I had half so only 10 pp with a huge side salad and it was GORGEOUS! I always thought puff pastry was so evil and would blow my points out, but it turns out its not too bad. Making a pie like that with any number of fillings would be so easy and so tasty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement