Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Eabhabear - thanks a mill for the info on all the choccie bars and I think it's is finally time for me to concede that a Bueno is 7PP :(.
    Izzy24 - beware - there was a full discussion on here about the Bueno - it's not 3pp as I originally thought.
    Lady Lainy - you are a domestic Godess - Rachael Allen has nothing on ya!

Well done everyone on your losses.
    Where would we be without this extremely informative thread? :)

lol I just found the recipes.... haven't cooked any of them! Tho i did just buy a bag of spuds...going to try that cream of potato soup i mentioned a few pages back.

Have two big nights out in the next week....i guess i should be glad they are both falling within the same 7 days....It will only be one "bad" week

I actually cant wait for my weigh in in the morning....i know its going to be a good number :D I can SEE it's gone when i look in the mirror! A big loss this week will make up for any.....damage i do next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Wow amazing loss Markieviz congrats!

Q I think when you're on maintenance your daily pp stay the same but your weeklies go up to 90, I think a couple of ladies on here are on maintenance so may know more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

tartlet wrote: »
    Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

Me - well, I was at an ideal weight in 2007, and then my father fell ill and passed away 8 months after. Weight crept on slowly, I guess comfort eating while grieving (my theory anyway!), I knew the weight was going on but I think I had decided to ignore it/didn’t want to face up to it at the time…..

Lost 2 stone last year with WW and after a horrible gain over Christmas, back on track again.

Anyways, going on holidays in May, so have a goal for myself to have a stone or more lost by then (Currently 12st 3lb @ 5ft 4 :()

My six chins were starting to take up a life of their own and were threatening to swallow me up!!!! Lets see how many chins I can conquor by summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Q I think when you're on maintenance your daily pp stay the same but your weeklies go up to 90, I think a couple of ladies on here are on maintenance so may know more :)

:eek: Now that I could live with!!

markievicz wrote: »
    tartlet I was just sick of being the fat friend!!one of my friends lost bout 5 stone doing the old ww plan last year so I decided I'd do the same!

Ps had my second WI this morning....I lost zero, yes zero pounds last week but was delighted to see I've lost 10.5 lbs this week! All my excercising and injuries were worth it!:D:D

I hear you there I'm "the fat funny crazy friend who knows how to party on a night out" I still wanna be that person...just swop fat for sexy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Nutrition & Diet

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

Me - well, I was at an ideal weight in 2007, and then my father fell ill and passed away 8 months after. Weight crept on slowly, I guess comfort eating while grieving (my theory anyway!), I knew the weight was going on but I think I had decided to ignore it/didn’t want to face up to it at the time…..

Lost 2 stone last year with WW and after a horrible gain over Christmas, back on track again.

Anyways, going on holidays in May, so have a goal for myself to have a stone or more lost by then (Currently 12st 3lb @ 5ft 4 :()

For me I was definitely tired of being the fat one. I was overweight from 3rd year and I got bullied in school. Then I tried to lose it before I started college but to no prevail. I just got sick of never being able to buy nice clothes and watching those skinny blondes in night clubs wearing skimpy clothes :D When I went shopping at the end of August last year to get clothes for going back to college it was the biggest wake up call and I decided I'd join WW. I started at 13st 8 1/2 lbs and I'm now 12st 1lbs. At the moment my target is 10st and I'll see then how much lower I'm to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

It can get messy when there's too many ww threads about the forum and it causes lots of cross posting and confusion so il merge this with the main ww thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Eabhabear wrote: »
    For me I was definitely tired of being the fat one. I was overweight from 3rd year and I got bullied in school. Then I tried to lose it before I started college but to no prevail. I just got sick of never being able to buy nice clothes and watching those skinny blondes in night clubs wearing skimpy clothes :D When I went shopping at the end of August last year to get clothes for going back to college it was the biggest wake up call and I decided I'd join WW. I started at 13st 8 1/2 lbs and I'm now 12st 1lbs. At the moment my target is 10st and I'll see then how much lower I'm to go.

I've honestly been "dieting" since I was about 12, just never felt comfortable in my skin when I am carrying extra weight. Feel like I am in the wrong body haha. When I was slim it felt powerful. But I ahte that I have always wanted to loose weight, even when I was the weight I am trying to get to know - never appreciated that I was actually slim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

marvilly wrote: »
    can anyone shed some light on a veg issue I ve discovered:mad:
    I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

I haven't been on for a couple of days and haven't read through all the posts so forgive me if I am repeating. I think if you took the nutritional info of any fruit and veg at a certain quantity and pointed it you would end up with pp's. Fruit and most veg are "Free" from points not zero points.

• Advertisement

marvilly wrote: »
    isnt it mad??!!no more 'virtuous' stir fries for me at that rate!I d never have stuck to 150g of it either..I d have horsed it in thinking I was doing great!:o I was prob having 4 or 5 pp at least..it ll be rice from now on if thats the case!!:D

No, don't do this!!!! Keep eating the veg and the stirfrys, the free veg and fruit are FREE - don't worry if they have propoints. I am at my goal weight and finished maintenance before Christmas, I started the propoints plan in Jan with every one else and have lost 5lbs over the past 7 weeks on MAINTENANCE!! I eat lots and lots of fruit and veg, not only is it Free and filling but it speeds your metabolism so do not under any circumstances cut down. Believe me once you are tracking EVERYTHING else and are within your daily and weekly propoints you will be fine, even if it takes a few weeks to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Millieboo wrote: »
    I've honestly been "dieting" since I was about 12, just never felt comfortable in my skin when I am carrying extra weight. Feel like I am in the wrong body haha. When I was slim it felt powerful. But I ahte that I have always wanted to loose weight, even when I was the weight I am trying to get to know - never appreciated that I was actually slim!

I've always been heavy too but I definitely got worse over the past 2/3 years. It was always comfort eating for me and I had a few tough years which resulted in me stuffing my face to make myself feel better - but, as we all know, it only made me feel worse! I had terrible blood pressure problems and a strong history of diabetes in my family. So, my sister gave me a tough love conversation last October (as only sisters can do! :)) and I knew I had to change. So I joined WW the next day.
    I was told then I have 4.5 stone to lose and I'm just short of 2 stone down so far. I don't want to have another day like I did last October so (for now) I'm determined to keep at it until I reach goal. I hope I don't lose the momentum. I certainly feel different about it this time. I want it to be a life change, and not just something I do until the weight comes off and I can go back to my old ways! This thread has definitely helped - cheers all!

Monife wrote: »
    Hiya, do you point your fruit for smoothies?

Tonight at our meeting, our leader said fruit is only free in its natural form and that if you cook it or blend it (ie: smoothie) you have to point it as pro points is worked on how the food is processed in your body and that when it is blended it goes straight into your blood stream and your body doesnt have to do much work to digest it.

She is going to get back to us next week on how to point it for smoothies. It has really put me off smoothies as I thought they were basically free as I dont use yoghurt, just 100ml juice.

This is a similar thing. The "Free" foods are all to do with how your body deals with them so even if there is points in them they don't count. It's like the old examaple of celery having 10 calories per stick or something but you use up 20 calories just chewing it. Please everybody don't be pointing free veg, just keep eating it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My advice to everyone is to double check your points for everything and check the points for your specific brand.
    I'd just add check the weight of everything too...some point per packet, per portion or per 100g...you get the picutre. Just as easy to overpoint as under point in that scenario.
    For me, I had got to goal with WW about 6/7 years ago. Kept it off for a couple of years, but then I met the love of my life who loves take-aways! Weight just crept up on me. Joined WW a couple of times to try and loose it, but my life was too busy and I was missing weeks.
    Then he got seriously sick, and I just put my life on hold. Looking back, for the two years he was sick I didn't really look after myself. Most evenings dinner was a bag of popcorn and a chocolate bar.

Was at a few weddings last summer and all my friends are so tiny. There was a group picture taken of all the girlfriends at one of the weddings and I was the biggest by far. The week after the last wedding, I joined WW and haven't looked back since.

Even though, I've lost 2st I still hate how I look in pictures. I don't recognise myself, my face is real round and fat. Where as it used to be long and thin! But I'll get there :)

Had a dicky tummy for the last two days, so I'm hoping there will be a nice minus on the scales next week. Although himself is taking me out for anniversary/valentines dinner tomorrow night so I'll probably do a lot of damage!
    markievicz wrote: »
    Ps had my second WI this morning....I lost zero, yes zero pounds last week but was delighted to see I've lost 10.5 lbs this week! All my excercising and injuries were worth it!:D:D

Congratulations markievicz...that's amazing!

Hi Marvilly,
    I bought 2 bags of green isle veg a couple of weeks ago to make soup, when i pointed it with stock etc. it came to like 22PP :eek:!! Dint even touch it after that!!

Aggghhhhhhhhhhh! You don't have to even point the stock cubes if you are only using 2 stock cubes to a big pot of soup to be used over a week..... you eat so little of it a day is is 0 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I've always been heavy too but I definitely got worse over the past 2/3 years. It was always comfort eating for me and I had a few tough years which resulted in me stuffing my face to make myself feel better - but, as we all know, it only made me feel worse! I had terrible blood pressure problems and a strong history of diabetes in my family. So, my sister gave me a tough love conversation last October (as only sisters can do! :)) and I knew I had to change. So I joined WW the next day.
    I was told then I have 4.5 stone to lose and I'm just short of 2 stone down so far. I don't want to have another day like I did last October so (for now) I'm determined to keep at it until I reach goal. I hope I don't lose the momentum. I certainly feel different about it this time. I want it to be a life change, and not just something I do until the weight comes off and I can go back to my old ways! This thread has definitely helped - cheers all!

I'm the same as you. I feel like this time it will work and stay off (hopefully!). I've tried many times before and nothing worked. This time I feel my head is in the right place.

I've always been over weight. comfort ate for a number of various sad depressing reasons.

I've always kinda felt no one wants to hear from the "fat girl". So i just tended to keep quite about every anything. If i had a suggestion or good idea about anything i would just keep quite. Didn't feel my opinions were worth while. its stopped me taking risks in life, cos i didnt want to draw attention to myself...and my weight.

But i'm tired of not living....tired of not taking risks....tired of people thinking boring, all because i'm afraid to let the real me out.

I'm tired of dating ass hole boyfriends and thinking.....I should just put up with it....cos who wants to be with the fat girl!

But now i want to get noticed! now i want to take risks...but first I gotta find my self confidence! I want to be able to go out with friends dancing and partying...and not just be the drunk hippo!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what pizzas are best for point value??

I bought a good fellas pizza for myself and oh for tomorrow and I just pointed it at 40 for the whole pizza :eek: So now I'm thinking I don't want to waste 20 points on half the pizza. I love my pizza at the weekends so don't know what to do now :(

i have pizza once a week der pizza baguettes... u get two in the pack and der 7-8pp each depending on which toppings u get... i love them der fab :D

izzy24 wrote: »
    was just on there website and they dont have the fibre listed what do u do there i wonder??:confused:

Hi, if there is no fibre listed you use 0.

happyday wrote: »
    I just had a look at Abrekebabra's webpage. for the calories they have per 100g. I wonder if the other values are per 100g too without them saying it? Otherwise it is just too good to be true!

oh that must be it... thanks a million...:D

• Advertisement

Eabhabear - thanks a mill for the info on all the choccie bars and I think it's is finally time for me to concede that a Bueno is 7PP :(.
    Izzy24 - beware - there was a full discussion on here about the Bueno - it's not 3pp as I originally thought.
    Lady Lainy - you are a domestic Godess - Rachael Allen has nothing on ya!

Well done everyone on your losses.
    Where would we be without this extremely informative thread? :)

oh yeah thanks for heads up i would always check the points before eating anything anyway :D....

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I was always heavy. I was probably about 24 when I decided to do something about it. At that stage I was over 16 stone. Over the next year I lost about 3 stone by myself. Then I joined weightwatchers (weighing 13st 2lb) & it took me 6 mths to get down to 10st 6lb. I then got my gold pin (no gold cards in those days) and left weightwatchers at that point. During my 20s I had a very active lifestyle - aerobics 3 times a week, swimming, horse riding & out dancing nearly every night of the week - so the weight stayed off more or less with me gaining & then losing again no more than a stone. I got married in 2000 & had my first baby in 2002. My weight went up to over 16st again, but eventually had all fallen off me without weightwatchers before she was 1 & I was even fitting into the odd size 10! Over the next 3 yrs I had 3 more pregnancies & all ended in miscarriage & with each one I gained a bit of weight, so started to go back to weightwatchers to try & lose it, but never managed to get back down to goal as I was always getting pregnant again! Had my 2nd daughter in Dec 2006, weight back up to 16st & rejoined weightwatchers when she was quite young at just over 13st again & was doing well until my leader (the same leader that I had for about 13 years) died in a car crash. After that it took me a long time (about 2 years) to go back & by then I was back up to about 13st again. The new leader was (& still is brilliant) & I lost about a stone in a few months & then about this time last year I kinda stopped going, only to be back up at 13st 2lbs again at the start of Jan this year when I went back again.

As you can see, I have had a long journey with weightwatchers. At the moment I cannot do much exercise (I used to be very active when I was younger) as I have a bad back since I had my first daughter. Sometimes its not too bad, but has been bad now since before Christmas, so any losses I have since the start of Jan are due to what I'm eating. So far (this time) I have lost 12lbs, but we head off on holiday to Disneyland Paris tomorrow morning, so I expect to put some of that back on.

It is so interesting to read how we have all arrived at this point & I love how this thread is helping all of us on our journey to goal. Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Having a real hunger day today, it's my totm and all I wanna do is eat have eaten 11pps already today, but would love something naughty for dinner,, what to do??

Quackles wrote: »
    Quick question - anyone know if your propoints should go up when you're maintaining? My leader says no, but I can't believe that could possibly be true :eek:

It's really trial and error, it suggests you add a couple of extra propoints a day the first week and see how it goes, if you still lose add another etc until you stay the same for enough weeks. If on maintenance you can end up losing a lb one week and gaining the next for no reason at all, just the way your body works so you are better off judging over a 6 week timeframe. I am finding on this propoints that I am eating about 2 extra pp a day on average, one week I could stay the same, one week I could be down. I have never been up.

Also, re: maintenance. I should have mentioned, do you know the plan that they have in the book the second week I think it's called simply filling or something, basically you can eat all the green highlighted foods you like and still have 49 weekly points to use as you wish. On maintenance you can do the same but your weekly points go to 90. It's handy if you don't want to be planning and tracking but could get quite boring.

ok... today i made a mars bar cake for a nieces birthday party tomarrow 7pp a slice... i no its terribly high but im having a piece tomarrow ha ha:D... looking forward to it :D:p...

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I've always been over weight. comfort ate for a number of various sad depressing reasons.

I've always kinda felt no one wants to hear from the "fat girl". So i just tended to keep quite about every anything. If i had a suggestion or good idea about anything i would just keep quite. Didn't feel my opinions were worth while. its stopped me taking risks in life, cos i didnt want to draw attention to myself...and my weight.

But i'm tired of not living....tired of not taking risks....tired of people thinking boring, all because i'm afraid to let the real me out.

I'm tired of dating ass hole boyfriends and thinking.....I should just put up with it....cos who wants to be with the fat girl!

But now i want to get noticed! now i want to take risks...but first I gotta find my self confidence! I want to be able to go out with friends dancing and partying...and not just be the drunk hippo!

Lady, I only know you from here but I HATE the idea of you being quite! If losing the weight gives you that self condidence ok, but you should be very proud of who you are already because as far as motivational typing goes you are something else.......Keep on rockin Girl.

i have pizza once a week der pizza baguettes... u get two in the pack and der 7-8pp each depending on which toppings u get... i love them der fab :D

They sound good, what brand are they Darkblonde?

Sorry Izzy24!!

• Advertisement

kashmir wrote: »
    Lady, I only know you from here but I HATE the idea of you being quite! If losing the weight gives you that self condidence ok, but you should be very proud of who you are already because as far as motivational typing goes you are something else.......Keep on rockin Girl.

Very easy to let the fabulous madness of me out from behind a computer haha!
    I even studied journalism and radio broadcasting so I could share the maddness with the comfort of "hiding" behind a "by line"

The only time I feel I can let the real me loose on the world is from the comfort of a few vodkas! hahaha!

I'm rockin socks & kicking ass! The world not going to know what hit it when i get unleashed on it! (mmm...maybe thats the coffee talking)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement