Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Hi, new to the pro points. Do I have to eat ALL 29 points every day for this to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

Definitely!! Does anyone know if there's an Android ap to calculate Pro Points?? I am definitely never going to use that feicing wheel again. It's torture. I'd prefer not eat anything than have to work out points on that ;)

I use the iphone "iwatchr" ap. It's 79 cent but worth it's weight in gold!!
    I track on it, store all the foods I have pointed on the favourites list and it has a calculator. Find I point more accurately when I can pop the points into my phone at work etc........saying that I had a disastrous day...way over points and very unhappy with myself!!:mad:

Tomorrow is another day... onward and upward (or hopefully downward!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ive ust spent about 2hrs reading posts!!!! LL,UR RIGHT,i tracked with a passion from last thurs cas i was up 2lbs and 2nite i was down 6.5lbs,yipee!!! i pointed kinder durin week and 1 finger was 3pp 2 was 7pp!well done to all the losers and for those that didn't do too well,start afresh 2moro xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Ask your leaders about activity points, I'd hate to give out wrong information.

I just found....for me....I needed to eat the exercise points....my body just likes to be a stubborn pain in the ass and play by its own rules :P

My leader said she doesnt count exercise points, she just sees it as a bonus to your weightloss.

I do that too but I would say if you are doing some heavy going exercise you would need to eat some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Very happy today! Had my WI last night, down another 2.5lb so that makes it a total loss of 11lb in four weeks :D

The machine last night was telling her that I had reached goal though, it defo was not 10% of my original weight though! Did anyone else find that on the propoints plan targets seem to be lower than in the previous plan? I weighed less when I started on the previous plan and I defo didn't get any target msgs on the computer until I had reached my goal weight, which was a lot more than 11lb. That said, maybe it is a good idea because I am super motivated today! I have to loose another 8.5 to get to the next target!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

mothel wrote: »
    Hi, new to the pro points. Do I have to eat ALL 29 points every day for this to work?

Everyone is different but for me in weeks when I don't eat all my points every day I'm not losing as much. Maybe other people have a different view, but i think most of the feedback here kind of goes with the theory that you have to eat all your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Thanks Lainey what I might do is not eat them yet see how I get on nxt week & if I need to I'll ring the helpline ( they give you access to this for 12 wks on the at home plan)

So I had WI this morning & I STS, hmm I'll admit I'm a little bit :( about this cos I've worked really hard both point wise & exercise wise & I know this happens to everyone at some stage. I'm putting this down to a number of factors the fact I missed out on 3 hrs of walking last week & TOTM. I'm finding & reading that exercise seems to kick in the following wk so even though I've done 45-65 mins of exercise everyday since Saturday I may not see it till nxt wk.

I still feel very bloated & meh so I'm just going to cook nice 'clean' stooge free food this weekend & hopefully that'll make me feel better I think I'll skip my usual 'treat' dinner tonight & stay off the alcohol as well. Hopefully nxt wk is a better result onwards & downwards I just really really want to get into the '12's Bracket this bloody 3/4's of a pound has gotta shift by nxt wk & maybe a couple of other Lbs as well! :p

I do know I've lost inches though my clothes are alot loser this wk than even last week even with the bloat so I'm doing something right even if the scales is telling me otherwise!

So target for me is to continue track track tracking as I have been doing & damn well eat those 29 points each day & try to eat more of my weeklies, I had 25 of mine left this week :(

Have a good weekend ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Very happy today! Had my WI last night, down another 2.5lb so that makes it a total loss of 11lb in four weeks :D

The machine last night was telling her that I had reached goal though, it defo was not 10% of my original weight though! Did anyone else find that on the propoints plan targets seem to be lower than in the previous plan? I weighed less when I started on the previous plan and I defo didn't get any target msgs on the computer until I had reached my goal weight, which was a lot more than 11lb. That said, maybe it is a good idea because I am super motivated today! I have to loose another 8.5 to get to the next target!

Are you sure it wasn't 5% of your starting weight that you have lost, in the old plan they didn't really focus on that, they really only spoke about 10%, and all the percentages are at the back of one of the books, but then you would have received a 5% booklet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

izzy24 wrote: »
    oh god it couldn be right... der is no way it could... was just looking around and it seems alot of places have information available eddie rockets is another one... great if u trying to plan a treat :D
    I just had a look at Abrekebabra's webpage. for the calories they have per 100g. I wonder if the other values are per 100g too without them saying it? Otherwise it is just too good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

m'lady wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't 5% of your starting weight that you have lost, in the old plan they didn't really focus on that, they really only spoke about 10%, and all the percentages are at the back of one of the books, but then you would have received a 5% booklet?!

No, it defo wasn't my 5% because I got that last week :) And it wasn't 10% either because I didn't get the 10% book. It's confusing.

• Advertisement

huggiebear wrote: »
    snap!! two weeks running and still no shop book in my class in Navan. Fed up asking!!!!
    Has anyone got the Shop book? Is it any good or just good if you live in the UK? An Irish version would be great.

And what about the calculator? How much is it and is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

happyday wrote: »
    huggiebear wrote: »
    snap!! two weeks running and still no shop book in my class in Navan. Fed up asking!!!!
    Has anyone got the Shop book? Is it any good or just good if you live in the UK? An Irish version would be great.

And what about the calculator? How much is it and is it worth getting?

Dunno about the book, but the calculator @ 10.95 very sound investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

happyday wrote: »

Dunno about the book, but the calculator @ 10.95 very sound investment!

I agree. I'd be lost without the calculator. I use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Eabhabear - thanks a mill for the info on all the choccie bars and I think it's is finally time for me to concede that a Bueno is 7PP :(.
    Izzy24 - beware - there was a full discussion on here about the Bueno - it's not 3pp as I originally thought.
    Lady Lainy - you are a domestic Godess - Rachael Allen has nothing on ya!

Well done everyone on your losses.
    Where would we be without this extremely informative thread? :)

DarkBlonde wrote: »

I agree. I'd be lost without the calculator. I use it all the time.
    Thanks for that, I think I'll get one. The lady who takes the money at our meeting said I could browse through the Shop book when they get them to see if I think its worthwhile. I'll let ye know when I see it.

This seems like a great place to help with weight loss! My weigh in is on Tuesday. I've been at WW for years but over the past year and a half have found it very hard and put on a stone over a year while going to meetings! I think I'm clawing my way back now very slowly. I've been loosing gradually since January 11. I need to loose about 1 1/2 stone to get back to goal. I was there once! I have gold membership. Tell me I can do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Can anyone tell me what pizzas are best for point value??

I bought a good fellas pizza for myself and oh for tomorrow and I just pointed it at 40 for the whole pizza :eek: So now I'm thinking I don't want to waste 20 points on half the pizza. I love my pizza at the weekends so don't know what to do now :(
    I pointed the milano's meat pizza (2 for 1 in the chilled section in Tesco) at 8pp for half and 17 for the whole pizza. its thin and crispy and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

mcb81 wrote: »
    I pointed the milano's meat pizza (2 for 1 in the chilled section in Tesco) at 8pp for half and 17 for the whole pizza. its thin and crispy and delicious.

There is a tesco brand chilled pizza that is a meat one too and its only 18 for the whole pizza. I think its called the romana one and it comes in a red box - not the ones in the green boxes they are much higher. I only got it once and havent seen it in their since but it is absolutley delicious. They also do a margarhita version which is also 18 pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Definitely!! Does anyone know if there's an Android ap to calculate Pro Points?? I am definitely never going to use that feicing wheel again. It's torture. I'd prefer not eat anything than have to work out points on that ;)

Yes there is an andriod app to calculate the points its also a tracker and there is a wW diary app - its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hi all my first night last nite it was grand big crowd at it .seems good the propoints hope it work for me . next week will tell going out for a meal 2morrow nite . and time of month next week . every one doing good i got the shop book i find it good :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Can anyone tell me what pizzas are best for point value??

I bought a good fellas pizza for myself and oh for tomorrow and I just pointed it at 40 for the whole pizza :eek: So now I'm thinking I don't want to waste 20 points on half the pizza. I love my pizza at the weekends so don't know what to do now :(

I eat a Dr Oetker Pizza Pollo - delicious and huge for only 12 pp!
    [756 calories for the whole thing when you might notice other pizzas give nutritional values for 1/4 the pizza at the same calorie count]

You could eat one every day for dinner and still lose :)
    You'd be dead unhealthy though, so I keep it for the weekend only.

I'm down about 35lbs since last January 2010, been wonky on this new pp version but actually losing a lot more than I did on the old plan.

Back on the wagon - 2 stone to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

ringleader wrote: »
    I eat a Dr Oetker Pizza Pollo - delicious and huge for only 12 pp!
    [756 calories for the whole thing when you might notice other pizzas give nutritional values for 1/4 the pizza at the same calorie count]

I'm down about 35lbs since last January 2010, been wonky on this new pp version but actually losing a lot more than I did on the old plan.

Back on the wagon - 2 stone to go!

Im going to sound like the demon of the board, but I think that pizza is 10pp for half of it?

Well done on the 35lbs, thats fab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

tartlet wrote: »
    Im going to sound like the demon of the board, but I think that pizza is 10pp for half of it?

Well done on the 35lbs, thats fab :)

Nope you're right. Ringleader it's 10pp for half a Ristorante pollo pizza. My advice to everyone is to double check your points for everything and check the points for your specific brand. Don't take anything for granted and definitely don't guess :)

Well done Ringleader on your loss so far!

Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

Me - well, I was at an ideal weight in 2007, and then my father fell ill and passed away 8 months after. Weight crept on slowly, I guess comfort eating while grieving (my theory anyway!), I knew the weight was going on but I think I had decided to ignore it/didn’t want to face up to it at the time…..

Lost 2 stone last year with WW and after a horrible gain over Christmas, back on track again.

Anyways, going on holidays in May, so have a goal for myself to have a stone or more lost by then (Currently 12st 3lb @ 5ft 4 :()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

tartlet wrote: »
    Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

Me - well, I was at an ideal weight in 2007, and then my father fell ill and passed away 8 months after. Weight crept on slowly, I guess comfort eating while grieving (my theory anyway!), I knew the weight was going on but I think I had decided to ignore it/didn’t want to face up to it at the time…..

Lost 2 stone last year with WW and after a horrible gain over Christmas, back on track again.

Anyways, going on holidays in May, so have a goal for myself to have a stone or more lost by then (Currently 12st 3lb @ 5ft 4 :()

Sorry about your father!

I was last at my ideal weight in 2002/2003. Had a baby in 2005 and put on a sight of weight, lost most of it in 2006 again, but gave up. I had another baby 2009 and had gestational diabetes during the pregnancy. I was told that it left me with a fairly high chance of developing type 2 diabetes within 5-10 years. So between that and not liking how I looked, here I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Can anyone tell me the recepie for the merguines that was posted past few days? I have looked back on the pages and used the search this thread but to no avail??

If anyone has any info Id be grateful
    Also I would recommend the WW Mash potatoes!! Not as bad as I thought!!

Well done everyone on their losses, keep up the good work!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pluck81

Hey All

I am starting a new thread here. I had one about being overweight and insecure but have joined weightwatchers this week. I am doing it at home as I feel apprehensive about going to meetings. I am doing this as a support group for fellow weightwatchers members. I just want to know your experiences of the programme.

Anyone who is considering joining weightwatchers, anyone like me who is trying it alone without meetings or anyone who is combining meetings with the programme, feel free to post on this thread. We can help each other shift those pounds and have our own little operation transformation:). I will give a weekly report of how I am doing and any setbacks I may have and hopefully you all can help me. Anyone else feel free to do the same.

Thank you for reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

tartlet I was just sick of being the fat friend!!one of my friends lost bout 5 stone doing the old ww plan last year so I decided I'd do the same!

Ps had my second WI this morning....I lost zero, yes zero pounds last week but was delighted to see I've lost 10.5 lbs this week! All my excercising and injuries were worth it!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Quick question - anyone know if your propoints should go up when you're maintaining? My leader says no, but I can't believe that could possibly be true :eek:

markievicz wrote: »
    tartlet I was just sick of being the fat friend!!one of my friends lost bout 5 stone doing the old ww plan last year so I decided I'd do the same!

Ps had my second WI this morning....I lost zero, yes zero pounds last week but was delighted to see I've lost 10.5 lbs this week! All my excercising and injuries were worth it!:D:D

I know what you mean, except I feel like the fat sibling! Of my sisters, the heaviest would be about 9st 6 and the lightest is about 7st 3.....we will get to our goal some day :)

Wow that is some weightloss for the week, well done on that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

There's already a weightwatchers thread in Nutrition and Diet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement