Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

kildareash wrote: »
    I heard a large box was something like 32 pp or something ridiculous like that in my meeting last night.
    I'm not sure I just saw that a few pages back..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi everyone great to hear about all the weight loss. I am having a great week, sticking to my points everyday. I might use one of my weeklies for a yogurt later on as I am craving something sweet so might have a fresh fruit salad with some yogurt.

Whats your opinion on eating this late at night? I have been having snacks this late all week but feel really guilty about eating so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

was just on there website and it has nutritional information... and im very shocked its telling me for example taco fries 7pp, chicken baguette 6 pp, 1/4 cheese and bacon burger 8pp. these cant be right can they??

izzy24 wrote: »
    was just on there website and it has nutritional information... and im very shocked its telling me for example taco fries 7pp, chicken baguette 6 pp, 1/4 cheese and bacon burger 8pp. these cant be right can they??

Oh that would be so good. I could murder a taco chip right now. I doubt it though it sounds too good to be true.

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Oh that would be so good. I could murder a taco chip right now. I doubt it though it sounds too good to be true.

oh god it couldn be right... der is no way it could... was just looking around and it seems alot of places have information available eddie rockets is another one... great if u trying to plan a treat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hi, I'm new here. Its looks very complicated and full of rules so excuse me if I do anything wrong. I don't know how to use the quotes but to Eabhabear, yes you do have to use all of your daily points. That question was asked a few times at the meeting I go to. If you eat too little you will not loose the weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Thank you so much Lainy & Eabhabear for the muffin receipe.
    I will bake tomorrow.:p

Wow, just had a look and that how it works out!
    heading straight to Eddie rockets site to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

happyday wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new here. Its looks very complicated and full of rules so excuse me if I do anything wrong. I don't know how to use the quotes but to Eabhabear, yes you do have to use all of your daily points. That question was asked a few times at the meeting I go to. If you eat too little you will not loose the weight!

Welcome! Thanks for that I thought as much but wanted to double check. If you look to the right handside of the comment that you want to quote there should be a quote button. It will then show up in the textbox and you just add your own comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

happyday wrote: »

This is actually SO SO SO true! even on the old system. I used to be working out intensely ALOT...but not eating my exercise points and I didnt lose any weight for THREE WHOLE MONTHS

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    This is actually SO SO SO true! even on the old system. I used to be working out intensely ALOT...but not eating my exercise points and I didnt lose any weight for THREE WHOLE MONTHS

Lainy before you said that a person should be eating at least half their activity points. Is this for that particular day or can you spread them out over the week? If so I might use them up before using my weeklies. I think if I used both it would be too much food/drink altogether.

I started from basics today. Went a did a massive shop was €170 (between 5) but it was basically all stuff I eat so my brothers won't be best pleased :D I bought loads of fruit and veg and made up a big pot of soup and smoothies. And I'm planning better hence the fact I'm under by 2 points tonight!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Lainy before you said that a person should be eating at least half their activity points. Is this for that particular day or can you spread them out over the week? If so I might use them up before using my weeklies. I think if I used both it would be too much food/drink altogether.

I started from basics today. Went a did a massive shop was €170 (between 5) but it was basically all stuff I eat so my brothers won't be best pleased :D I bought loads of fruit and veg and made up a big pot of soup and smoothies. And I'm planning better hence the fact I'm under by 2 points tonight!

I think you can do it either way. I have mine set that its on the day of the exercise I use them, cos that's when my body needs the extra nutrition after the depletion for muscle repair. Thats what my trainer told me to do. The days i exercise....i'm just STARVING...so I do eat slightly bigger portions (of healthy food) those days. So just suits me better to use my exercise points the day of the exercise.

But i think its personal preference....on the uk site, you can choose to have anything over your dailies to be deducted from your weeklies first or your exercise points first.....so i think you can do it either way.....

was just on there website and they dont have the fibre listed what do u do there i wonder??:confused:

Some Eddie rockets pp
    ceaser salad 7
    With chicken add 9
    chicken fillet burger 14
    Chicken in bowl 4??!!
    Chicken tenders 8
    Fries 14

Sorry they calculated without fibre!

I think you can do it either way. I have mine set that its on the day of the exercise I use them, cos that's when my body needs the extra nutrition after the depletion for muscle repair. Thats what my trainer told me to do. The days i exercise....i'm just STARVING...so I do eat slightly bigger portions (of healthy food) those days. So just suits me better to use my exercise points the day of the exercise.

But i think its personal preference....on the uk site, you can choose to have anything over your dailies to be deducted from your weeklies first or your exercise points first.....so i think you can do it either way.....

Thanks. There is a lot more info to absorb with this plan!!

nuttykat wrote: »
    Some Eddie rockets pp
    ceaser salad 7
    With chicken add 9
    chicken fillet burger 14
    Chicken in bowl 4??!!
    Chicken tenders 8
    Fries 14

Sorry they calculated without fibre!

thanks for that:)... will keep it in mind next time i go:)... does anyone have any information regarding chippers and pp values:confused:.... is the eating out guide worth getting?

Had lovely dinner this evening. I cooked the Yogurt spiced chicken with rice and I must say it was beautiful. All the family loved it.

Heres the recipe if anyone hasn't seen it yet. It makes four portions at 9 pp per portion.

150 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain
    1 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
    1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh
    4 medium Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw,

Rice salad:

150 g Tilda Basmati Rice, (or similar)
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable
    1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, grated
    1 medium Pepper, Red, deseeded and chopped
    1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, deseeded and thinly sliced
    1 tablespoons Mint, Fresh
    1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh
    1 portion(s) Salad Vegetables with a ProPoints value of Zero, to serve
    Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a glass or plastic bowl and add the chopped coriander.

Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film, then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until slightly flattened. Add them to the yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.

Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water with the stock powder or cube for about 12 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Add the carrot, red pepper, chilli, mint and coriander.

Barbecue or grill the chicken breasts for about 6 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked (to check, pierce the thickest part with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear)

Serve the chicken with the rice salad, with green salad on the side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

thanks for that:)... will keep it in mind next time i go:)... does anyone have any information regarding chippers and pp values:confused:.... is the eating out guide worth getting?

Yeah I have it and its only around €5, some of it is UK orientated but most of it can be used for Ireland. Makes planning so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Lainy that must feel fab, fair play to you.

Monife, i must say i'm very proud of you and you must feel good now.

lil kc wrote: »
    Yeah I have it and its only around €5, some of it is UK orientated but most of it can be used for Ireland. Makes planning so much easier

thanks so much i will oick it up next week:D...

• Advertisement

thanks so much will pick it up next week:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tip

Well....all i can say.....TRACK....no one is above it! New and old members....keep tracking! Its Soooooo easy to just say....ah thats "about" 100g....or "roughly" 100ml! I've tracked 100% so far this week....I havent been hungry at all! I find when I track properly....i get really tight with my points...i want to eat MORE food :P so I end up eating healthier when i track properly....then i end up being so stuffed with healthy food...i dont want the treats i was budgetting for....my weight in isnt till saturday morning....but just had a cheeky peek onthe scales....and WOW! hehe :D delighted! its totaly motivating me to keep tracking now!

Lasy Lainy could not agree more, TRACK and WEIGH food not yourself !!!HA. Had my weigh in this evening and down 2lbs :P. I tracked n weighed my food for the first time in 3 wks, It took me this long to get my head around it !!!!!!!!!!!!! am a bit slow.

Can anyone tell me what pizzas are best for point value??

I bought a good fellas pizza for myself and oh for tomorrow and I just pointed it at 40 for the whole pizza :eek: So now I'm thinking I don't want to waste 20 points on half the pizza. I love my pizza at the weekends so don't know what to do now :(

arandale wrote: »
    Lainy that must feel fab, fair play to you.

Monife, i must say i'm very proud of you and you must feel good now.

i get so excited over the little things! My final target is a Loooong way off so its the little victories that keep me going! haha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I bought a good fellas pizza for myself and oh for tomorrow and I just pointed it at 40 for the whole pizza :eek: So now I'm thinking I don't want to waste 20 points on half the pizza. I love my pizza at the weekends so don't know what to do now :(

A lot of the thin crust ones work out at 24, stone baked ones also. Buy a plain cheese thin crust and load it up with your fav toppings cos then its all in your control!

A lot of the thin crust ones work out at 24, stone baked ones also. Buy a plain cheese thin crust and load it up with your fav toppings cos then its all in your control!

Thanks great idea! I always top my pizza up with extra stuff anyway. Will check out some tomorrow. Getting hungry now thinking of it lol.

Ristorante ones are low enough in points. The Hawaii one is 10pp for half. I had it for dinner tonight and it was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Okay so a few ppl pm'd me for soup recipes & Molly was also looking for some zero point soup so here's a few I've made which I think are tasty & filling :)

Tomato & Basil Soup

Ingredients

6 large tomatos (vine are best but whatever you can get)
    1 large onion
    3 sticks of celery
    1 carrot grated
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 red pepper
    1 can of chopped tomatos
    1 litre of veg stock ( use 1 or 2 of the knorr jelly ones)
    Bunch of basil (fresh or frozen)
    Salt
    Black pepper

cooking

Roughly chop the tomatos, red pepper, celery onion & garlic, place in a baking tray & roast in the oven for 30mins @ 160 c

Make up your stock add the grated carrot, can of tomatos & the roasted veg add the stalks of the basil if using fresh basil, salt & pepper & let the whole lot come to the boil.

Simmer for 10-15 mins, blend until smooth add more water if it looks too thick, chop the basil & stir in & serve

Mexican-Inspired Zero POINTS® Value Soup*

Ingredients

200 g sugar snap peas, cut into bite-size pieces*
    3 clove garlic, fresh, minced*
    2 medium courgette, cubed*
    400 g tomato(s), canned, chopped
    25 g fresh red chilli(s), or green jalapeño *
    1 medium onion(s), chopped*
    1 medium red green or yellow pepper(s), chopped*
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
    1 teaspoon oregano, fresh*
    1440 ml fresh stock, vegetable*
    3/4 teaspoon salt*
    2 tablespoon lime(s), juice, fresh
    25 g fresh coriander, chopped*

Instructions

Put sugar snap peas, garlic, courgettes, jalapeno, chopped tomatoes, chilli, onion, pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
    Stir in salt, lime juice and coriander. Serve.

^ I love this soup because it's not blended you feel like there's 'eating & drinking' in it it's really fresh & very tasty, I'd use the juice of a whole lime for more zing :D

Spiced Carrot, butternut squash & coriander

Ingredients

1 butternut squash
    1 onion
    3 sticks of celery
    4-5 carrots
    1 yellow pepper
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 thumb of fresh Ginger
    1/2 teaspoon of crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin
    1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
    1/2 teaspoon of Nigella seeds (black onion seeds)
    1/2 teaspoon of Tumeric
    1-2 knorr stock pots
    Litre & a half of water

Cooking

Chop all ingredients and place in a large pot with everything except the herbs, bring to the boil & simmer for 30- 40 mins (make sure squash is soft enough) blend together if too thick add more water chop herbs add to soup stir & serve

Green Vegetable soup

Ingredients
    1 onion
    3 sticks of celery
    1 leek
    3 carrots
    1/2 head of broccoli
    1/2 bag of baby spinach
    3 cloves of garlic
    1/2 teaspoon of nigella seeds
    1 thumb of Ginger
    1 stockpot
    1 litre of water
    Fresh flat leaf parsley
    Fresh thyme
    Salt & black pepper

Chop all your veg into smallish pieces, add all ingredients to the pot except herbs bring to the boil & simmer for 15 mins add herbs & serve

If you want to blend this soup do but I prefer it as a clearish broth with nice chunky veg in it.

I like garlic alot so I usually add 3-4 cloves to all my soups but you should adjust to your own taste, you could use 1 if you like.

Sometimes (pre WW!) I used to cook some noodles & put in a large bowl then add the veg soup & instead of salt to season I used soy sauce & before serving I'd add a little sesame oil (just a few drops)
    for extra flavour but I've kept all the above soups at zero if I have a particularly large bowl on any day I point it at 1 pp just to be safe.

All these soups keep pretty well if kept in the fridge, I tend to split each batch of soup into 2 jugs I put one in the fridge & the other in the freezer to take out when needed, I sometimes split the second jug into individual portions ie into ziplock freezer bags!

These may not be to everyones taste but I hope they help some of you?! all except the Mexican one are my own, the Mexican one is from the Irish WW website. The WW BNS & Tom soup in the little book we all got is lovely yes labour intensive but very tasty, I didn't post that up as I assume we all have it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Congrats to everyone on the losses & welcome to all the new posters :)

Lainey great news on the jeans I love when things like that happen, I also want to thank you for the Aldi low cal hot Choc tip bought some yesterday & it's a nice treat for 1 pp :)

I'm finding it hard to use my points every day I need to start adding some peas or sweetcorn or something to dinner I'm 3 points under today but too full & too late to eat anything else & I 'never' eat my activity points :( I'm worried now. My WI is tomorrow morning I'm hoping for a loss I've been really good & I feel my clothes alot looser!

Fingers crossed & once again I love this thread & check it constantly I'm doing this at home so I dont have the support of meetings so to have here is fab so thank you! :) x

• Advertisement

Ask your leaders about activity points, I'd hate to give out wrong information.

I just found....for me....I needed to eat the exercise points....my body just likes to be a stubborn pain in the ass and play by its own rules :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement