Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I know im the same :-/ bye bye social life :pac:
    Heh, nah, I never allow gaming to effect that. At least not anymore. :pac:
    LOL
    Gotta love geeks :p

Hell yeah. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm so out of the gaming loop at the moment, I didn't even know Empire Total War was coming out. *sigh*

Wish Starcraft 2 would hurry up and come out...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

starcraft 2 the first installment is out on september 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm so out of the gaming loop at the moment, I didn't even know Empire Total War was coming out. *sigh*

Wish Starcraft 2 would hurry up and come out...

Ah I'm fairly out of the loop, but more by design than accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

What a lovely topic this is. Really takes me back to my age of empires life threatening gaming addiction :P. Hopefully I can get some all night-nerd-fests in when it comes to my easter holidays.

But atm I'm trapped in dublin with a....some kind of business lap top. I also share the excitement expressed regarding street fighter 4, my brother is getting it, and I've just been watching random clips of it on youtube all week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

gah, ive become re-addicted to age of empires conquers, you post just reminded me i wasnt playing it...

oh well, i might as well submit and start it up

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Empire Total War should fill the time nicely I think. Dawn of War 2 disappointed and I was very much looking forward to it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

nesf wrote: »
    Dawn of War 2 disappointed and I was very much looking forward to it. :(

True, its definetly not a game worth shelling out full whack for, but i still like it in some ways...... Its different to the original but i like how its more tactical with some RPG elements mixed in. Still though, cant beat base building and amassing a huge army and crushing the opposition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Skullmonkeys.
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Pain
    Little Big Planet
    God of War 1 and 2
    Black
    Lemmings
    Megalomania

If you haven't played any of them you are dead to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im playing dawn of war 2 at the moment.I like it very tactical :),only thing I dont like is how the missions are very varied and you cant get any tanks in the single player,im trying to finish it for wednesday so I can give all my attention to empire total war :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

True, its definetly not a game worth shelling out full whack for, but i still like it in some ways...... Its different to the original but i like how its more tactical with some RPG elements mixed in. Still though, cant beat base building and amassing a huge army and crushing the opposition :)

I enjoyed the single player campaign to an extent but it didn't grab me as much as the original DoW did when it came out.
    Dragan wrote: »
    Skullmonkeys.
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Pain
    Little Big Planet
    God of War 1 and 2
    Black
    Lemmings
    Megalomania

2 player Lemmings on the Mega Drive for when you've a flatmate who also suffers from insomnia. :)

any company of heros players about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dragan wrote: »
    Skullmonkeys.
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Pain
    Little Big Planet
    God of War 1 and 2
    Black
    Lemmings
    Megalomania

I bet you're going "I see dead people" right now.
    :pac:

gah, ive become re-addicted to age of empires conquers, you post just reminded me i wasnt playing it...

oh well, i might as well submit and start it up

Ah yeah, don't think any of the other games in the series ever quite matched up to aoc and aok. Thankfully i'm incapable of starting it up :)

aww, that sucks man. yea, i tried aoe 3 and aom, they were fun but something was missing.

heh, actually, because of this game a made a 4 foot high trebuchet. XD

A picture! (of the trebuchet)

hmm, it was about 2 years ago. i think i have some somewhere. i still have the plans

BDW, raah, you didnt happen to do model making in IADT did you?

AOE 3 was a good game I thought,a lot of the AOE 2 fans did'nt like it though,I must reinstall it actually I have'nt played it in an age.

hmm, it was about 2 years ago. i think i have some somewhere. i still have the plans

BDW, raah, you didnt happen to do model making in IADT did you?

Nope, I don't know what that is :).

@seph: Judging from my last days of online aoe2, most of the opposition to it was from deathmatch players, and they don't really count. :). If you talking about the one player then I don't know.

you a fan of aoe3 also?:) did you get the expansion?

• Advertisement

Yup, got both expansions, stopped playing it as much because of the leaving cert and the growing ineptitude of my computer. Did you play it online?

I tryed to before but it crashed on me :S how bout you?

Yeah, played it mostly online. Good game, and the online game is like a zillion times better than the one player. The games were mostly made for multiplayer loike.

It's certainly a good all night game too, what with all the americans and koreans on there. I remember it used to get very dead around 7am-10am though.... but I doubt that is relevant information to anyone :)

raah! wrote: »
    Yeah, played it mostly online. Good game, and the online game is like a zillion times better than the one player. The games were mostly made for multiplayer loike.

It's certainly a good all night game too, what with all the americans and koreans on there. I remember it used to get very dead around 7am-10am though.... but I doubt that is relevant information to anyone :)

I used to play against the A.I :-/,must try it online sometime,do people still even play it online?

I imagine they do, at low times there was about 1500 people on the server. I was never not able to get a game.

Its a darn pity the crowd that made the games (cant think of the studios name) closed down :(

ensomble. they made that new 'halo wars' game

thats the crowd,they did indeed make halo wars it was there last project :(

anyone playing empire total war?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

anyone playing empire total war?
    I never got it, not a fan of modern history. anything post-renaissance is too recent for me. Medieval II i still play though

Advertisement