Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Teutorix wrote: »
    I never got it, not a fan of modern history. anything post-renaissance is too recent for me. Medieval II i still play though

Thats cool,any good AI Mods that you could recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Dragan wrote: »
    God of War 1 and 2
    Black

If you haven't played any of them you are dead to me.

Black is...hummmm, motivating, to say the least.

And Kratos is the second baddest motherf*cker around, second only to this guy :D

profbadass.jpg

At the moment I'm playing the Become A Legend part of the new PES game and patiently waiting for Operation Flashpoint 2 to come out (and hoping my laptop has the specs to handle it!)

This is also by far my most successful thread and I didn't even have to talk about nudity or generalise about the appearance of Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Thats cool,any good AI Mods that you could recommend?
    sorry no, at least none to name. i kinda do some mod work myself. i get a head start with a mod and tweak it myself
    tribulus wrote: »
    Black is...hummmm, motivating, to say the least.

And Kratos is the second baddest motherf*cker around, second only to this guy :D

profbadass.jpg

At the moment I'm playing the Become A Legend part of the new PES game and patiently waiting for Operation Flashpoint 2 to come out (and hoping my laptop has the specs to handle it!)

This is also by far my most successful thread and I didn't even have to talk about nudity or generalise about the appearance of Irish women.
    I prefer the fifa version of the legend mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I used to play final fantasy XI.

If you want to destroy your social life and sleep only enough so you survive then play this game... Most addictive game ever. Only stopped because I ran out of money. I quite literally dreamt of playing this game when I wasn't playing...

LovelyTom wrote: »

If you want to destroy your social life and sleep only enough so you survive then play this game... Most addictive game ever. Only stopped because I ran out of money. I quite literally dreamt of playing this game when I wasn't playing...
    I got like that with. Azure Dreams, MGS4, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars, Dawn of war and a couple other games over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Lol, I'm a current WoW player, and have to agree with what many have said, it's disturbingly addictive :( it's a bit of fun when everyone in the group is having a few drinks, usually takes the edge off it (man some people are just daft how serious they take the game)

haha yeah I know, it would be better if we were out having a few drinks with real people, but hey, it's cheaper this way, recession and all that (that's my excuse anyway :P)

Did get into spore a couple of months ago, good game but for some reason I always find myself coming back to Black & White every couple of years, brilliant game that, sadly I've never played part 2 :(

Did get into spore a couple of months ago, good game but for some reason I always find myself coming back to Black & White every couple of years, brilliant game that, sadly I've never played part 2 :(
    black and white 2 is great, €10 on play.com great bargin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LovelyTom wrote: »

I loved that game so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

its got to be oblivion for me... i dont know what it is, the game just eats hours. Quest to quest to quest..before you know it the suns rising and the familliar sting of parental disappoinment hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

its got to be oblivion for me... i dont know what it is, the game just eats hours. Quest to quest to quest..before you know it the suns rising and the familliar sting of parental disappoinment hits.

I never got into Oblivion at all. Morrowind was insane, but Oblivion really didn't get much of a look from me. At first it was because I was playing WoW, but when I did play it in the end, I was fairly disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Fallout 2.. 'nuff said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

resident evil 5 will definatley be keeping me away from sleep for the next while! my gawd thats a great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Guildwars, Mahjogg, Lego games, starwars battlefront, street fighter...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seriously, someone take Street fighter 4 away from me before I turn into Ryu.

And even when I'm not playing that, the awesome co op in Resistance 2 has me. I joined the shadow lords :)

Im still playing empire total war almost every day,football manager 2009 is also taking up a lot of my time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Spent all of yesterday (and a good deal of the night) playing Skate 2, really enjoying it even if I have to search on Google for sk8r-spk to English translations of what it is the missions are asking me to do (e.g. "Do a body flip and slide" means do either a front or back-flip and then a certain type of grind) :) I did unlock tons of stuff yesterday though, so happy days :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I know it's old but I've spent countless nights awake till all hours playing Battlefield 2.

One of the best games ever imo.

Tower defence games.

F%^&ing tower defence games.

When all you have is net access... they will eat your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So many hours taken up by this...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430190

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Im still playing empire total war almost every day,football manager 2009 is also taking up a lot of my time.

Dabbling in both at the moment. ;)

Galvasean wrote: »

My gods, has anyone shown Nerin this?

Dabbling in both at the moment. ;)

Indeed,they both crave my attention ;):pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finshed the main single player arc in Skate 2 last night and decided to make some videos and upload them :)

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Handy feature just to do something fun with the game :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Busting my ass on my project is making me REALLY miss gaming. So tempted to yoink my brother's Xbox as soon as the exams are over and get stuck into something.

Busting my ass on my project is making me REALLY miss gaming. So tempted to yoink my brother's Xbox as soon as the exams are over and get stuck into something.

Why just be tempted? You know you want to pull an all nighter...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I spent a stupid amount of time last Friday night drunkenly trying to play the official Pretty in Pink video game... I'm not joking!

Couldn't get past the second level.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SDooM wrote: »
    My gods, has anyone shown Nerin this?

Hope not. Personall I'd miss the guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Galvasean wrote: »

I love this game!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nate_doggg