Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Funny because it's true. I've added about 3,500 posts here since I quit WoW...

Some might say that my addiction has simply transferred over!

Heh, me too. Well...

It's because people who play WoW absolutely maximise the amount of time they have to play. So when you quit, you've nothing to do and lots of free time. :pac:

Being single gives me way too much free time too. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Heh, me too. Well...

It's because people who play WoW absolutely maximise the amount of time they have to play. So when you quit, you've nothing to do and lots of free time. :pac:

Depends on the person, I was an EverQuest/Crack baby and played a daft amount of hours and when I quit that I quit mmorpgs until I got wow 6 months ago.

I might play 3 times a week, have gone a whole month not bothering,
    rarely would play for more then 2/3 hours and it's the lore and the rpger in the guild that keep me logging back in, as i have played all the warcraft games and expansions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've played company of heros well into the early hours of the morning often,such a cool stratergy game,and the battle of the bulge mod makes it even better :D and that bit more addictive :-/.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Heh, me too. Well...

The second i bought this game my life took a turn for the worse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Football Manager
    CS 1.6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doom II, red alert, any football manager. Does battlefield 2 have a singleplayer story line or is it just instant battles? Not really into the on-line shooters but I loved Medal of honour so looking for something similiar, any tips? Nothing to hard core, I'll be using a laptop so I doubt I'll be able to play the latest games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

battlefield 2 does'nt have a single player story,you can play against the AI though,but its mainly for online play.you should try call of duty 1 and 2.I forgot to mention farcry 2,stayed up all night the day I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Oblivion owns 173 hours of my life.

and I just got Fallout 3 for Chrimbo. In 5 days... 28 hours :eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i play wow... but mainly for the social side and my guild is pretty much based in england so never go past 3 or 4am :D

i dont raid too much due to a crap laptop so im lucky....hmmm maybe a new pc... that could be bad for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Have played team fortress long into the night on many occasions.

Thanks for the red alert link, cant wait to get home!!!

The game that is currently ruling my life is.....everybody's golf 2 on PSP.

Seriously, I cant play it enough; all the little unlockable bits and getting just a bit better score every time. I bring it on the train, to work, before sleeping. I'm charging the battery three times a day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Morrowind. Nuff said :D.

The most imersive game known to man, and imo far better than oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Nibbling at this recently, a bit ruthless, as there's no in game save, which is probably why I've been going back to it..

Spelunky! Inspired by the 8bit Spelunker.

First post in this forum thread has the download link.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=4017.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Live for Speed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Also Counter Strike Source.

imo far better than oblivion.

Heresy! *Hissssss*

Though Morrowind is righteously kickass, it is the work of Bethesda that makes Oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

efla wrote: »
    Have played team fortress long into the night on many occasions.

I used to play TFC for hours and hours.
    Was pretty good at it too. Very few people play it anymore though unfortunately... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am FIFA freak since 1998.,was buying every possible edition and thats a game i am playing all the time all these years,on hte other side i am fan of WWII games all type,i am not up to this games like killing aliens spitting blood and eating bones type:D

Last 2-3 years i was kinda off,just playing FIFA but somehow i started playing few games lately,last i got is World in Conflict and Call of Duty 4 and 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I love the Sims, and old games like Pac-Man and Super-Mario. Played Bomberman for the first time recently- mad fun! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I have romantic memories of playing computer (and PS and Wii...lol) games at night...for this reason (not to feel sad, isn't it sad?) I don't usually play by myself late at night...except for stupid but funny and addictive online small games (right now Pet Society on Facebbok)...the online stuff makes me feel less alone...I suppose.
    (gosh, what a loser...)

(But that "Oblivion" stuff...it's kinda calling me...Will I be strong?)

(But that "Oblivion" stuff...it's kinda calling me...Will I be strong?)

I'll put it to you this way.... I sat down at 1.30 today to play an hour (or two) of Fallout 3 (a kin to Oblivion) I only stopped playing at quarter to 12...

That's a painful amount of playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I'll put it to you this way.... I sat down at 1.30 today to play an hour (or two) of Fallout 3 (a kin to Oblivion) I only stopped playing at quarter to 12...

Indeed...but it's nice to have a loooong session from time to time, no? I luv it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was it one of those "Right I'll just do this and then I'll go to bed/eat/be somewhat sociable" that you repeat every 15 minutes for hours on end? I love those sessions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I am currently horribly addicted to the multi faceted and awesome multiplayer mode of Resistance 2. I have never been a big fan of FPS but its just eminently playable.

And worryingly enough, fallout 3 is sitting there, waiting, calling to me for when I finally do bore of killing chimera.

(PSN is hadoomken if anyone wants to kill a few aliens with me :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SDooM wrote: »
    (PSN is hadoomken if anyone wants to kill a few aliens with me :) )

i'll add you, but what other games do you have? i dont have no alien games! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

i'll add you, but what other games do you have? i dont have no alien games! :p

Get resistance 2. The online co op is awesome when you get into it.

I also spent half my life on warhawk, in the early hours, and the apparently obligatory Oblivion.

Am I the only person who tried GTA4 but found it... well... boring?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

In a word: No.

I however didn't find it boring, I found it to be a GTA game with annoying friends and relatives. Must get a copy of Saints Row 2...

SDooM wrote: »
    Get resistance 2. The online co op is awesome when you get into it.

I also spent half my life on warhawk, in the early hours, and the apparently obligatory Oblivion.

Am I the only person who tried GTA4 but found it... well... boring?

with college i havent had a chance to play gta4 properly yet but i havent been all that blown away by it thus far!

im not buyin any games until march....resident evil 5!! ooooh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

There is plenty of player made Mods for Oblivion that make it more interesting than Vanilla Oblivion. Alot of people made Mods to correct alot of Oblivion problems that people felt it had (except for the lifeless NPC's :)). Iv recently gotten Bioshock and finding it very good (was a System Shock fan before), that and Left 4 Dead are keeping me busy at the moment. Yeah Doom, GTA4 wasn't interesting at all, they really went overboard with babysitting every character in the game to the point of it being frustration on a postal level :D

(w00t! first post in this forum actually :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thielfer

old days (classics):
    • UFO:Enemy unknown/X-Com:Terror from the deep
    • Another World
    • Warcraft I and II
    • Settlers I and II
    • Transport Tycoon Deluxe
    and few more that made my parents to stand against computer games till now ;P

these days:

(PC)
    • World of Goo
    • Crysis
    • GTA:Vice City (best of the series)
    • Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    • Unreal Tournament
    • Quake II and III
    • NHL'09
    • Pure
    • Flatout:Ultimate Carnage

(PSP)
    • Final Fantasy:Crisis Core
    • Loco Roco I and II
    • Killzone:Liberation
    • Tenchu:Time of the Assassins
    • Daxter
    (PS2)
    • Tenchu (all series)
    • Final Fantasy (most of the series)
    • Tekken (all of them)
    • Soul Calibur
    now I live with my wife and have the same problem I had at home with my parents...but real gamers never give up ;)

• Advertisement

thielfer wrote: »
    (PS2)
    • Tenchu (all series)
    • Final Fantasy (most of the series)
    • Tekken (all of them)
    • Soul Calibur
    now I live with my wife and have the same problem I had at home with my parents...but real gamers never give up ;)

i love tekken, the firts game i got on my ps1 and ps2 were tekken games and i am really looking forward to tekken 6 for the ps3! gonna be awesome!

Advertisement