Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

Used to play BATTLEFIELD 1942till the eyes were hanging outta my head, and played a lot of bf2 also but 1942 was the first and the greatest, really wish the bf team would make an updated WW2 game, would surely lure me back to gaming.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Haha, touché. ^^

Excessive consumption though... ;)

You'll pry my excessive amounts of coffee from my cold dead hands. WoW has long since been abandoned, I can't afford booze, I shouldn't be eating chocolate because I'm on a diet.. but my caffeine... my precious industrial-strength caffeine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yep im WoW man...havn't been to bed till at least 2am for the last god knows how long...

...help me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You'll pry my excessive amounts of coffee from my cold dead hands. WoW has long since been abandoned, I can't afford booze, I shouldn't be eating chocolate because I'm on a diet.. but my caffeine... my precious industrial-strength caffeine...

Heh, WoW's long gone for me too. Just booze for me. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Einstein wrote: »
    yep im WoW man...havn't been to bed till at least 2am for the last god knows how long...

...help me.....

There is no cure. I heard of a guy who chopped off both his hands to kill his wow addiction. He now plays using his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

oooh kill zone 2 demo out on thursday, so resi 5 demo out now and KZ:2 out on thursday.....it's gonna be a looooooooong weekend!

Empire Total War out hte day after my birthday. Woohoo, just in time for our break. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

im playing runescape at the moment,dont play it as much as I used to but christ do the hours pass by when im playing it.
    also started a new game in final fantasy 7 and 9 recently so thats occupying all my time,never got into WoW thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kwl

There is no cure. I heard of a guy who chopped off both his hands to kill his wow addiction. He now plays using his face.
    Dedication at its formost! I have heard of sumone who died while playing WoW, over dosed on red bull or sumthng!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

splinter wrote: »
    i play wow... but mainly for the social side and my guild is pretty much based in england so never go past 3 or 4am :D

i dont raid too much due to a crap laptop so im lucky....hmmm maybe a new pc... that could be bad for me...
    i got a new pc... things got bad :P

• Advertisement

i got a new pc... things got bad :P
    Oh dear :(

warcraft_southpark.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

not quite, im still under ten stone (always have been) but i havnt seen more than 5 hours sleep in ages :(

but i havnt seen more than 5 hours sleep in ages :(
    Haha, been there. I spent SO long getting 4 hours sleep a night when I was playing WoW, then I went back to college, into final year - and I still get 4 hours a night!

Sleep is for the weak :p

Haha, been there. I spent SO long getting 4 hours sleep a night when I was playing WoW, then I went back to college, into final year - and I still get 4 hours a night!

Sleep is for the weak :p

The one positive to playing? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Dungeon Keeper 2 played for 24 hours straight minus bathroom break and dinner so 23 hours prolly....

But up all night ... any bioware RPG, NWN 1&2 (2 sucks), Metal gear solid on ps1

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

I downloaded "Streets of Rage" the other day. It kept me busy for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Streets of Rage :D
    Hated the
    Blaze Clones
    on Stage 5 :(

Anyone ever play MapleStory.
    I found it addicting. Spent all of TY/5th year up all night playing it. Might be the reason I am repeating D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Oh, Call of Duty 4 has kept me up until, eh, time to go to work now. Clocked up some serious hours on that. Some nights up until 7am and then leave for work. Worse still, yesterday I got home from work at 9am(I work shift), got online and started playing, finished at 3:30pm, and got 3 hours sleep before i started another night shift.

Than there is TRAVIAN, and anti-christ of my life at the moment.
    4 accounts on 1 server
    2 accounts on another server
    1 more on another server

This game needs 24 hours a day attention, or forget it, you will lose. Massively multiplayer game, that gets me worried before I sleep thinking i will get attacked, and waking up 2 to 3 times a night to send out attacks, and I'm still crap at it.

My worse vice out of all my gaming, is my eating habbits. Your either forget to eat, feel sick cause you havent eaten and dont want to eat, or get immersed in a game that eating is a waste of time and I'm too busy killing people to worry about food.

The food I do eat is crap. Pepsi Max, Pringles, peanuts, choccy minirolls, sweets in general.

Ah, i need sleep now, cause im tired but the internet is at home aswell, and Call of Duty is screaming my name, and, oh, I give up :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I have street fighter 4.

It's sitting in it's limited edition box, looking at me.

I won't have access to my ps3 until Sunday night.

I am in work late shift monday.

Well, that's a night of zero sleep for me right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Stayed up til 5am playing Lego Batman on the Batman Dark Knight XBox 360. It felt right :cool:

• Advertisement

Playing oldskool. I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on a barbie pink Game Boy Micro. I'd forgotten how awesome that game is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

Being a shift-worker, my time is precious, so when I should be sleeping during the day I'm playing LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and on days off it's usually 12 hours give or take :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

tribulus wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in playing Red Alert again here's a completely legitimate, legal download of it, complete with guides to get it to work on more recent OS' (scroll to the bottom of the page).

http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62

yet to see a download link anywhere on the site :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SDooM wrote: »
    I have street fighter 4.

It's sitting in it's limited edition box, looking at me.

I won't have access to my ps3 until Sunday night.

I am in work late shift monday.

Well, that's a night of zero sleep for me right there.

i have it...and havent got any college wok done since i bought it...and resi 5 is out in a few weeks so if i fail, im blaming capcom! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 82,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was so wise to give it up 2 years ago.

such a fool to pick it back up 2 days ago.

The Ogame. Sonnofabitch. The fcuking Ogame. So much for sleep, farewell, I hardly knew ye!

O____O

Fleetcrash?

<_<

Moonchance??

>_>

Farm Raid???????

OwO

GYAH!!!!!!

I blame It Tralee for hosting a private ogame server. The only thing that kept me away was ogame.org made you pay for all the premium features. Tralee has them all for Free! FREE DAMMIT!

What have I done?!?!?

Ive been up all night bashing neighbours planets: these Tralee feckers dont guard their res: I live in an awesome time zone to wreak havoc.

1203_kenny_very_cheesed.jpg?t=1235468050

Mweehehehee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Empire total war is out wednesday so I plan on trying to play that all night,Gonna try and get it early at 9am and play it all day and well into the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Street Fighter IV will be the reason i fail final year of college.

it's also the reason why i have no left thumb left due to **** playstation pads.

why oh why didn't i buy a fight pad or a CE fight stick :rolleyes:

anyone on the playstation wants a battle hit me up: PSN ID: cremins.

Empire total war is out wednesday so I plan on trying to play that all night,Gonna try and get it early at 9am and play it all day and well into the night :D

I'm depressed at how excited I am. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know im the same :-/ bye bye social life :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

LOL
    Gotta love geeks :p

Advertisement